Zombies?

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Zombies?

Postby Mr-Disc » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:41 pm

Play Disc Golf America

http://www.playdiscgolfamerica.com
Last edited by Mr-Disc on Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby Mr.Mexican » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:01 pm

Is this the Putt Putt event?
Everyday is a smoothie party!!! Mr.Mexican is sponsored by Vern Williams
Mr.Mexican
Barney

Doubles

Postby Carl Wms » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:46 pm

Looking for a partner Mr.Mexican?
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Postby ET » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:52 am

i still haven't found a date. elaine k. won't return my cells, emails, western union telegrams or my extensive snail mails, nor will she open the gifts i've flooded her home with.
i'll get her yet.
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby Mr.Mexican » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:06 pm

More Info Here??: http://mrdisc.proboards58.com/index.cgi

I am confused. Is there putt putt or not? Should I post on the other message board? You keep changing the title to your threads on this board.
Everyday is a smoothie party!!! Mr.Mexican is sponsored by Vern Williams
Mr.Mexican
Barney

Postby soupdude62 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:08 pm

Mr.Mexican,
I just talked to triple K, and there will NOT be putt putt for this tournament.
soupdude62
DX Plastic

Postby ET » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:38 pm

cool mark! taking the reigns on the love fest!
i'll get a woman to bring somehow. i don't think elaine k. and i would get along anyhow. she's too booksmart and not enough streetsmart.
still got that b-b-q chef lined up and fired up to feed the people?
mmmmmm, q. (NO comments gang, BARBEQUE!!!)
i'll check jay phillip's tour schdule and confirm it's a free date.
if so, i am so there, dude.
always had respect for ya', mark c.
wish i could say that about your 2 brothers.
peace.
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:01 pm

I'd rather be kicked in the balls.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Vern » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:28 pm

richardhead wrote:I'd rather be kicked in the balls.

You would probably draw a bigger crowd than the tourney. Perhaps we could get the beach crack ho to come by and do the sign up. :)

1st Annual Kick Jay in the Gonads
1st time at Brand new Fort Yargo State Park

Entry fee $20 per couple - each team gets two kicks

Cash Voucher for prize payout, voucher amount depends on number of entrants. Special Prize to the person that wears the biggest shoe.

BBQ cookout between rounds. Small amount of food for a large fee.
BBQ sandwich $25 Combo 2 sandwiches 1bag of chips and a drink $50
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby Clunck » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:58 pm

YES, this is a A-tier PDGL sanctioned tourney
That was in, cocker block doesn't count!
Clunck
Star Plastic

Re: Valentines tournament Fort Yargo 2/17/08 PDG event

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:29 pm

Mr-Disc wrote:The unknown is now among us, the new revolution has begun. Are you experienced?
I feel your concern, Chuck. I thought this might help:
Zombie Facts:
Facts About the Epidemic
The epidemic originated in the southeastern United States.
The cause is believed to be from high-level radiation brought to the Earth from the Explorer Venus probe.

Rules That Govern Zombies
Basic Characteristics
Zombies eat humans.

Zombies are commonly found in groups.
Zombies are slow. The fastest one can speed-stumble, but they generally can't move as fast as a human jogger.
Zombies are uncoordinated.
Zombies can use basic tools (rocks, knives).

Zombies hate fire.

Either zombies don't like light, or they try to scare/confuse humans by putting out lights. This is evidenced by a zombie smashing out the headlights of the car in front of the house.
Becoming a Zombie
Being bitten from a zombie causes eventual death.
The dead can turn into zombies in a matter of minutes.
Anyone who dies in an area near zombies will turn. Although this is reported on TV, the movie only shows people who are bitten by zombies turning.

Cremating the recently dead will stop them from rising again. It is also recommended to burn killed zombies.
Killing a Zombie
Zombies can be killed by a bullet or sharp blow to the head. "Kill the brain, and you kill the ghoul".

Fire may also kill a zombie, but it is unclear as to how effective this is.
You are all welcome to use this valuable guide!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby ET » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:05 pm

Vern wrote:
richardhead wrote:I'd rather be kicked in the balls.

You would probably draw a bigger crowd than the tourney. Perhaps we could get the beach crack ho to come by and do the sign up. :)

1st Annual Kick Jay in the Gonads
1st time at Brand new Fort Yargo State Park

Entry fee $20 per couple - each team gets two kicks

Cash Voucher for prize payout, voucher amount depends on number of entrants. Special Prize to the person that wears the biggest shoe.

BBQ cookout between rounds. Small amount of food for a large fee.
BBQ sandwich $25 Combo 2 sandwiches 1bag of chips and a drink $50

are we playing putt-putt, too?
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby Vern » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:38 am

Randy, You must have a PHD in Zombieology.

One thing I know about Zombies is that they do not discriminate against anyone’s race, creed, or color. They have been known to eat anyone’s brains and I applaud them for showing us a fine example of social acceptance.

This is how you make a Zombie

Ingredients:
• Light Rum
• Dark Rum
• Pineapple Juice
• Orange Juice
• Lemon Juice
• Powdered Sugar
• Overproof Rum ("151")
• Ice
• Pineapple Slice
• Cherry
Directions:
1. Shake oz. Light Rum, oz. Dark Rum, 1 oz. Pineapple Juice, 1 oz. Orange Juice, 1 oz. Lemmon Juice, and 1 tsp. Powdered Sugar with Ice.
2. Strain into a tall glass (with or without ice).
3. Float a dash of Overproof Rum on top
4. Garnish with a Pineapple Slice and/or a Cherry.
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:35 am

i don't think Zombies will be allowed into the valentines tourney since it's hard to pair them up unless they are paired with another Zombie.
I bet their putting game is *dead* on though.
Other usefull/useless info:
Zombies also don't stay with in the human flesh/brain arena.... dogs and cats ahve been known to be turned into Zombie pets, yes, mice, hamsters, and snakes even... I've heard stories of people having bearded dragon zombies as pets.... but they kept turning the crickets into zombies also.....will it ever end?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Vern » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:40 am

My Favorite Zombies Song Lyrics: TIME OF THE SEASON

It's the time of the season
When love runs high
In this time, give it to me easy
And let me try
With pleasured hands
To take you in the sun to
Promised lands
To show you every one
It's the time of the season for loving...

What's your name?
Who's your daddy?
Is he rich like me?
Has he taken any time
To show you what you need to live?
Tell it to me slowly
Tell you what I really want to know

What's your name?
Who's your daddy?
Is he rich like me?
Has he taken any time
To show you what you need to live?
Tell it to me slowly
Tell you what I really want to know
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby ET » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:50 am

heard the Notorious BIG cover?
mean.
ET
Pro Plastic

Zombies wear sunglasses

Postby djester » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:51 am

SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT
Corey Hart (Zombie)

I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can so I can
Watch you weave then breathe your story lines
And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can so I can
Keep track of the visions in my eyes

While she's deceiving me
It cuts my security has
She got control of me
I turn to her and say

Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades oh no
Don't masquerade with the guy in shades oh no
I can't believe it!
Cus you got it made with the guy in shades oh no

So I can so I can
Forget my name while you collect your claim
So I can so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes

While she's deceiving me
She cuts my security
Has she got control of me
I turn to her and say

Don't switch the blade on the guy in shades oh no
Don't masquerade with the guy in shades oh no
I can't believe it!
'Cus you got it made with the guy in shades oh no
'Cus you got it made with the guy in shades oh no

Oh I say I wear my sunglasses at night
I say it to you now
I cry to you
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby dandaman » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:53 am

We got to get out of this place,
If it's the last thing we ever do,
We got to get out of this place,
Girl, there's a better life for me and you.
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:54 am

Are zombies PDGL approved?
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby dandaman » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:55 am

I'm not sure that The Zombies would qualify for this event. I saw nothing promoting a team challange or band challange at this point.
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby ET » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:59 am

dandaman wrote:I'm not sure that The Zombies would qualify for this event. I saw nothing promoting a team challange or band challange at this point.

that's why it's called SIDE-ACTION!
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby Vern » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:02 pm

I found Randy's research link:

http://www.uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Zombies
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:13 pm

I knew you guys wanted to play Zombie with me!! :twisted: Come on Chuck, play Zombie with us. It's fun, entertaining, informative and great promotion for your tourney!! Did everybody know me and my little Zombie friend Katie played in this tourney last year and had a great time. It was Katies first tourney. She lost her clam in the shule though! I think we finished in 4th place. Now i must recommend a few recent Zombie flicks that i enjoy: "I Am Legend", "Resident Evil: Extinction", "Planet Terror"(Rodriguez/Tarantino flick), and "28 Weeks Later"!!!! All very worthy Zombie flicks! They will teach you hands on information for when THEY come. :evil:
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Mr-Disc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:11 pm

ZOMBIE
A zombie is a reanimated human corpse. They are among the lower forms of the undead, and often appear in large numbers. No one is certain about the origins of these pathetic and horrible things.

Definition

A zombie is a dead person that is brought back to life through a curse (voodoo, necromancy) or a mutation and has recovered some vital functions like movement.

They are near-mindless, possessing little reasoning power, though many can perform "remembered behaviors" from their mortal existence.

Zombies are omnipresent in the folklore of Haïti, where they are created by voodoo, an african type of black witchcraft. More recently, zombies films have exposed new theories according to which man-made virus or genetical experiments are held responsible for the creation of zombies. Such films put a strong emphasis on flesh and blood : rotting bodies and their attendant maggots, as well as the still-warm gore resulting from savage, often cannibalistic attacks upon the living.

What is not a zombie
A ghost

In many films, the plot is centered around a ghost seeking revenge that may be depicted as corporeal rather than ethereal. Some of these revenants look like zombies, depicted with outrageous decayed bodies (13 Ghosts – 2001) but they are not. The living dead are first and foremost corpses that continue to move around, manipulated by an outside will or self-driven. They are neither manifestations of ectoplasmic fury; nor undead spirits.

A mummy

Even if the mummy can be considered as an animated corpse, the tradition that has developed from Karl Freund's The Mummy (1932) through the Hammer films of the fifties and sixties gives the mummy a conscious mind and the ability to regenerate its body. Another common trait between both monsters is the mummy’s power to rise the deads. Interestingly Anne Rice's novel The Mummy, Or Ramses the Damned combines the mummy and the zombie tradition. Dawn of the Mummy (1981) combines the classic Mummy plot (a mummy, whose tomb is violated, takes revenge on those responsible) with the zombie tradition. Pharaoh Safiraman rises from his tomb, along with the corpses of his retinue, who emerge zombie-like from the sands and proceed to stumble about killing archaeologists, a film crew involved in filming a fashion layout, and the locals. The Mummy rarely participates in the bloodletting, decapitation and flesh eating, but simply orchestrates the slaughter.

A ghoul

Occasionally “post-Romero” zombies are referred to as “ghouls”, a name suggested by their cannibalistic tendencies. This is a common mistake as Ghouls are monsters or evil spirits that haunt cemetaries, robbing graves as they prey on the flesh of the dead. Ghouls are neither dead bodies, nor deprived of consciousness.

A nearly-dead

There are a number of movies in which characters indulge in zombie-like behavior but are not really zombies as such. Most generally these are possessed or sick; their rationality and usually their wills have been suppressed, and, since they are inevitably going to die, they can be considered as dead. They are zombie-like on a metaphorical level, if not on a literal one.

A cannibal

Another close cousin of the zombie is the cannibal; a subgenre popularized by Italian directors in particular. Cannibal Apocalypse (1982) is very close to the zombie film. But if zombies are usually cannibal, all cannibals are not zombies.
The term cannibalism comes from Canibales, the name given by the Spanish to a reputedly man-eating tribe of Carib Indians who lived in the West Indies when Christopher Columbus arrived.

The practice of cannibalism has been reported throughout history in many parts of the world. Some evidence points to its practice as early as Neolithic times. Herodutus and other ancient writers described cannibalistic peoples. In medieval times the Italian traveler Marco Polo reported that tribes from Tibet to Sumatra practiced cannibalism. It was practiced among many North American Indians, especially the tribes of the western coast of the Gulf of Mexico. Until recently cannibalism was believed to still exist in central and western Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Melanesia, Sumatra, New Guinea, Polynesia, and remote parts of South America. Several rationales have been proposed for the practice of cannibalism. In some cultures, it was believed that the person who ate the dead body of another would acquire the desired qualities of the person eaten, something like gaining courage from eating a brave enemy. In a few instances cannibalism may have been dictated by no other motive than revenge since it was believed that an enemy's spirit would be utterly destroyed if the body were eaten, thus leaving nothing in which the ghost could live. Cannibalism was sometimes part of a religious practice. The Binderwurs of central India ate their sick and aged in the belief that the act was pleasing to their goddess Kali. In Mexico thousands of human victims were sacrificed annually by the Aztecs to their deities. After the ceremony of sacrifice, the priests and the populace ate the bodies of the victims, believing that this would bring them closer to their gods.

A Frankenstein monster-like or other artificially created monsters

Albeit made up of dead bodies, such a monster is not a true zombie: he is a new creation and has no personal past, he is usually not interested in flesh (though there is some overlap at times).
I use to Give a dam, but now I don't give a sh!t.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:18 pm

Nice work! I never really considered a mummy to be a Zombie. But that makes perfect sense. They are undead. They walk slowly. They would probably eat your brrrraaaaaains, but being wrapped up like they are, they can only strangle you!! I don't know if anything else can be said about Zombies.
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

I don't know if anything else can be said about Zombies.

Postby Carl Wms » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:14 am

Hillary
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Postby Mr-Disc » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:22 am

I don't know if anything else can be said about Zombies.

The Top Three Zombie Outbreaks in U.S. History
Like vampires, zombies are great opportunists. So it comes as no surprise that zombie outbreaks often happen in the wake of natural disasters. Combine disasters with warm climates and you truly have a recipe for a major outbreak, as the following stories prove.

Key West, Florida, 1935
Key West, 1935: Zombie
bodies prepared for disposal
On Labor Day, September 2, 1935, a major hurricane bore down on the Florida Keys, a string of islands separating the Gulf of Mexico from the Atlantic Ocean. The hurricane, one of only two Category 5 storms ever recorded in the United States, made landfall at Key West, the most populous of the keys. As day turned to night, heavy rains and winds of over 150 miles an hour rolled over the island, destroying virtually everything standing. Amid the destruction, infected rats began roaming the island, and by morning, the first of the zombies appeared. Many islanders mistook the zombies for dazed hurricane survivors and the plague spread across the island like wildfire. To make matters worse, the roads and bridges connecting the keys to the mainland had been washed out by the storm. The islanders had no way to escape. Scores of people drowned when they chose to leap into the choppy surf rather than face the voracious zombies.

Within days, FVZA troops from all over the south converged on Key West in a variety of sea craft. They established a beachhead on the south side of the island and went about the process of extermination. It took three weeks to secure the island. A total of 3500 people were infected and destroyed, an enormous number considering that there was a zombie vaccine available at this time.

Vicksburg, Mississippi, 1863
!863 was the pivotal year of the American Civil War. The Union army, sensing victory, tried to deal a knockout blow to the Confederacy by taking control of the Mississippi River. After New Orleans fell to the Union, the city of Vicksburg remained as the last Confederate holdout on the big river. On May 18, 1963, 3200 Union troops arrived off the coast of Vicksburg and demanded an immediate surrender. But Confederate leaders refused, and the Union laid seige to the city. A month of heavy bombardment ensued.

A zombie attacks a Union
soldier in Vicksburg
On June 17, city residents spotted the first zombie, and within days, dozens were wandering about. This development hardly worried the 30,000 Confederate troops protecting the city; they entertained themselves by conducting target practice on the zombies. But with their supply lines cut off, the Confederate troops soon ran out of ammunition, and the zombies kept coming. To this day, Southerners claim that the Union let the zombie plague continue out of pure malice. In any case, when Union forces entered the city on July 3, hundreds of zombies were roaming the streets, many in Confederate Army uniforms. As there was no FVZA at this time, the Union soldiers had to do the killing and they quickly found out that zombies, unlike soldiers, do not surrender. In the end, an estimated 2000 people were infected and destroyed at Vicksburg, almost as many as were killed in the Battle of Bull Run.

Hawaii, 1892
Queen Lili'uokalani
At the beginning of the 1890s, Hawaii found itself in a tug of war between native islanders, who wanted the islands to remain independent, and powerful sugar growers who wanted to join the United States. Queen Lili'uokalani ascended to the throne in 1891 and promptly enacted a series of measures designed to weaken the influence of the sugar growers. However, her mind was soon occupied by different matters: in August of 1892, a zombie plague that had begun among Chinese laborers in the sugar cane fields of Oahu spread to Honolulu. Wave after wave of zombies came staggering out of the jungle, forcing desperate islanders to board outrigger canoes and flee to neighboring islands.

Despite her fear of losing independence, the Queen had no choice but to ask the United States for help. A detachment of FVZA troops arrived in the fall and quickly wrested control of the city from the zombies. But the surrounding countryside proved more difficult to clear, and more FVZA agents were called in. The sugar growers took advantage of the chaos and panic by launching a coup, and the Queen was deposed. Hawaii was annexed by the United States in 1898.

There has long been suspicion that the sugar growers let the plague go in order to destabilize the queen, a suspicion strengthened by the fact that the top growers left Hawaii shortly after the outbreak began. Whatever the case, Hawaii's 1893 zombie outbreak killed just under 2000 people, making it the third-worst in U.S. history.

Mt favorite heavy band, White Zombie. and Rob Zombie.Yeah yeah soul crusher.
I use to Give a dam, but now I don't give a sh!t.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby ET » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:06 am

yeah, so zombies, huh?
i've personally seen UFOs!
COOL!!!
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby Vern » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:34 pm

ET wrote:yeah, so zombies, huh?
i've personally seen UFOs!
COOL!!!

Are they from Uranus?
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:30 pm

I think Uranus, Ohio. UFO= Unwanted Friggin' Ohioans!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Vern » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:32 pm

Dude - that's pretty harsh. Just for that I am going to tell all of my Zombie friends where you live.
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:35 pm

I know how to KILL them!! Talk about the Big-10 and their heads will explode from pure boredom!! :D
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Re: Valentines tournament Fort Yargo 2/17/08 Unsacntioned

Postby Vern » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:46 pm

I am going home now to cry and kill some Zombies 8)

Ingredients:
• Light Rum
• Dark Rum
• Pineapple Juice
• Orange Juice
• Lemon Juice
• Powdered Sugar
• Overproof Rum ("151")
• Ice
• Pineapple Slice
• Cherry
Directions:
1. Shake oz. Light Rum, oz. Dark Rum, 1 oz. Pineapple Juice, 1 oz. Orange Juice, 1 oz. Lemmon Juice, and 1 tsp. Powdered Sugar with Ice.
2. Strain into a tall glass (with or without ice).
3. Float a dash of Overproof Rum on top
4. Garnish with a Pineapple Slice and/or a Cherry.
Vern
Champion Plastic

Re: Valentines tournament Fort Yargo 2/17/08 Unsacntioned

Postby Redan Randy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:12 pm

Vern wrote:4. Garnish with a Pineapple Slice and/or a Cherry.
I prefer to garnish mine with BRRRAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNS!!!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Vern » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:42 pm

Obviously Randy is a Zombie. No wonder he knows so much about them. Please do not open your door to this Zombie.

Zombies can use basic tools (rocks, knives, discs).
Vern
Champion Plastic

Dream Team

Postby Carl Wms » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:52 pm

Vern wrote:Obviously Randy is a Zombie.

Call Hillary. I smell a vice presidential running mate.
I can smell him from here.
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Postby ET » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:50 am

stop pickin' on my alt-squeeze, carl!
ET
Pro Plastic

Re: Dream Team

Postby Redan Randy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:08 am

Carl Wms wrote:
Vern wrote:Obviously Randy is a Zombie.

Call Hillary. I smell a vice presidential running mate.
I can smell him from here.
I'm not a Zombie yet, but if i were i would first disembowel her with my two index fingers from her big brown smelly belly button, to slow her down. Meanwhile i would reach down to get confirmation that she really is a man. Balls! CHECK!! Then i would go for that big melon of hers, yes bigger then Richardheads! And i would feast on her Harvard fattened brrraaaaiiiinnns! Because that's what Zombies do!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:34 am

Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Re: Zombies?

Postby djester » Tue May 11, 2010 2:37 pm

back from the dead!!! (just like a zombie!!)

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93656?fp=1

space zombies are controlling satellites now!!

will it ever end???
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby luke » Tue May 11, 2010 5:00 pm

God.

A friend of mine starred in a "zombie" spinoff movie set in ATL (called by its original name, "Terminus", in the movie). In it, people go nuts from tele signals----telephone, television, tele-ho.

The flick was called "The Signal."

My complements to all on this thread for outstanding grammar! As a language arts teacher, I couldn't ask for more and only cringed at the subject matter--and the thought of Hillary's "big brown belly button." Gross.
luke
Star Plastic

Postby Vern » Tue May 11, 2010 8:46 pm

Zombie thread back from the dead - nice! The Zombies will probably want free healthcare to cure their undeadness. I blame Obama for this. :crazy:
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby jonp » Tue May 11, 2010 9:21 pm

Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Return to Q & A