2nd Saturday

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

2nd Saturday

Postby $Dollar$ » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:19 pm

Perfect warm up for Hotlanta. Redan tomorrow at 10:30. 2 rounds of singles with Las Colinas in between
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:03 pm

That's usually the case.
p.s. You will NOT be running the action!
Woodrow

Cleanup

Postby Laserman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:14 pm

I know a lot of people skip Pnut doubles when Second Saturday is the same weekend, as it is this weekend. We are holding a cleanup day on Sunday from 9 to 10 to try to pick up all the garbage out of the mulch and other areas. It would be great if the Second Saturday gang could also pitch in and try to help us cleanup Redan before Hotlanta. Just bring a few plastic grocery bags from home, fill them up and deposit them in the proper recepticles.

Thanks in advance!
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS NO MATCH FOR NATURAL STUPIDITY
Laserman
Champion Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:19 pm

..... or receptacles, your choice. I'll be bringing some implements of sanitation to help out.
Woodrow

Spill chuck

Postby Laserman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:22 pm

When the hell are we going to get spill chuck on the dam bored anyway?
Then mi posts won't look soo stoopid.
Must have gotten it confused with testicles! They do rime, donut they?
Laserman
Champion Plastic

x

Postby $Dollar$ » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:53 pm

Woodrow wrote:That's usually the case.
p.s. You will NOT be running the action!

AYE AYE WOODROW, APPARENTLY KING OF REDAN.

Thank you so much! i mean i thought i was just trying to remind everyone that tomorrow is 2nd saturday. because i had this crazy idea that the more the merrier, but with you i know this is not the case. just like your "Team Redan." Now i see that your place as king extends to all areas of Redan Disc golf. You alone shall be in charge of not only who plays for your team, but also you have the sole power to dictate who goes out to this PUBLIC park and runs illegal gambling on this sweet game of disc golf. You better just hope that all those peons that consider Redan their home course dont have an uprising. Just a crazy idea, but maybe some of them would like to repersent their home course for the GA Cup???

Got your panties in a wad bc of some tuesday payout??? I guess thats the thanks i get for stepping up and running dubs when 15 people are standing around aimlessly at 6:15.

you know Kevin Didnt like the pay out either. BUT HE WASNT A HUGE WOODROW ABOUT IT.

http://www.discgolfatlanta.com/phpbb/vi ... ?p=689#689
Last edited by $Dollar$ on Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

d

Postby $Dollar$ » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:55 pm

Oh and PNUT, my crew will be gone to the Augusta tourny on sunday, so we'll be happy to do some clean up during 2nd saturday......if the new King will let me play
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Good luck

Postby Laserman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:18 pm

Don?t you know that no good deed goes unpunished $? Some people do things and other people just criticize.

Thanks for helping with the cleanup $ and good luck in Augusta. Please let those poeple in Augusta know that there are only 15 spots left for HOTLANTA - most of them Pro and Geezer. I expect Ams to sell out this weekend.
Laserman
Champion Plastic

Re: x

Postby Woodrow » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:53 pm

Damn, guess I should have added a little smiley face on the end of that post.
$Dollar$ wrote:Thank you so much! i mean i thought i was just trying to remind everyone that tomorrow is 2nd saturday.
And that you did that, very well. But, when did you get so sensitive?
$Dollar$ wrote:You alone shall be in charge of not only who plays for your team,.......
It's not my team, that's for sure. But so far, I'm the only one that's stepped up(in public) to put one together. Believe me, I'd much rather let someone else do it.
$Dollar$ wrote:..... but also you have the sole power to dictate who goes out to this PUBLIC park and runs illegal gambling on this sweet game of disc golf.
So what you're saying is, nothing will happen without my blessing? I don't think so. But since you brought it up, let's see where we stand. BrotherB has been running 2nd Saturday at Redan for as long as I can remember. I just got off the phone with him and not only is he a little peeved about not being able to get access to the forum to make posts, he's also upset about driving all the way from BFE every time and having only 4-5 people show up at best. The way payouts have been being determined in local action has him a bit disgusted as well. The whole point of local doubles action and 2nd Saturday included, has been to introduce new players to competition without having them lay out big wads of cash, not for ringers to swoop in and gobble up all the easy dough. The payout for 2nd Saturday has always been at least 1/3 of the field, but tending towards 1/2 in order to spread it out to the more disadvantaged and to make it less of a money-game and more of a fun time.

Now, usually Whapow takes over when BrotherB can't make it, but he's so hard to get in touch with and doesn't usually play when the temperature is above 75, so there's no telling if he'll show up or not. I've paged him and also let his home phone ring for 5 minutes, but you know how he is with 'technology'.

So here we are, we all know that every 2nd Saturday at Redan, there is an informal, non-PDGA sanctioned singles tournament and everyone goes to Los Colinas for suds and lunch. It's tradition. But BrotherB is stepping down and could care less who runs the action. Whapow will probably opt for staying home in the AC and these two have the ace fund. I know they're good for it, just don't know when.

With all that said, I'll be glad to run the action tomorrow if Whapow is a no show(with your blessing of course) and will stick to the format that has been tradition. I'll lay it out here for everyone concerned:

Play begins at 10:30 am (please check in by 10:15) - 2 rounds of 18 - Pro entry fee is $15 with 4 ctp's optional at $1 apiece and a $1 optional ace fund for a total of $20 for all of the action. There's also an Am option with a $5 entry fee as well as the same ctp/ace fund available for a total of $10 to get in everything. No minimum number of players is required to play Am.

Payout will be by division(Pro/Am) and is determined by the field size with no less than 1/3 and no more than 1/2 being paid. Last cash for each division will be equal to the entry fee.

$Dollar$ wrote:You better just hope that all those peons that consider Redan their home course dont have an uprising. Just a crazy idea, but maybe some of them would like to repersent their home course for the GA Cup???
Good point, and it has been a concern. Not because I'm afraid of hurting anyone's feelings, but because the intent of the GA Cup is to instill course community and to garner camaraderie as well as represent the best players of each course. At this point, we've managed to pull together a good group to get the ball rolling and like Lenora, hope to be representative of the better players that call Redan home. No one that has expressed an interest in participating has been turned away at this point, because it's been all we can do to get enough to have a team.
$Dollar$ wrote:Got your panties in a wad bc of some tuesday payout???
I don't wear panties(in public).

$Dollar$ wrote:I guess thats the thanks i get for stepping up and running dubs when 15 people are standing around aimlessly at 6:15.
It is a thankless task sometimes. So, thanks.

Best of luck in Toccoa.
Rand has my vote! -Chinese Proverb (Hey! Not trying to be a douche bag or nuthin'; just sayin'.)
Woodrow

This just in......

Postby Woodrow » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:22 pm

I talked to Whapow (ain't technology nice?) and as I thought, he won't be there tomorrow. We talked about the history of 2nd Saturday and BrotherB and payouts and all the unnecessary drama, so I have a good understanding of the 'traditional' guidelines. I hope everyone that has any desire to play will be there. Let's make it the fun it's meant to be.
Woodrow

Re: Spill chuck

Postby Woodrow » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:23 pm

Laserman wrote:When the hell are we going to get spill chuck on the dam bored anyway?
Then mi posts won't look soo stoopid.
Must have gotten it confused with testicles! They do rime, donut they?
Use Firefox.
Woodrow

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:44 pm

I stoked about 2nd Saturday - I have never played it before and am looking forward to donating my 10 bucks to the AM winner - for my money the best course in ATL - just wish I lived closer to it so I did not have to drive all that way to bust Gomez's windows - kind of a hassle really...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments