Hello

Moderators: Vicki, ADGO BOD

Hello

Postby imcdonald08 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Hello,

My name is Ian McDonald, and i just moved to Gwinnett County from northern Illinois, I was wondering how i go about joining your organization as I love to play disc golf, but do not know anyone in Georgia. As a way to make friends and also to enjoy the game, I would love to find some people in the area. I hope I posting this in the right area. I will not post my contact information until I know this is the right place to post it.

Thank you,

Ian McDonald
imcdonald08
Barney

Re: Hello

Postby Vicki » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:19 am

Hi Ian,

Welcome to Gwinnett County! We currently have two courses at Lenora Park in Snellville and Alexander Park in Lawrenceville. Two more are being built at present, and will open in 2014 (Little Mulberry Park and Suwanee Creek Park). The best way to meet local discers would be at Alexander Random Draw Doubles which happens every Saturday morning at 9:50. You will soon meet some great people at all levels of play who are happy to share their expertise. Our local store is DiscStalker and they are down the street from Alexander Park. All the employees are veteran discers and the store has a nice selection of discs and equipment.

The Lenora League holds two seasons of handicapped play, which means we have players of all ages and skill levels enjoying Thursday nights together. Tee time is 6 pm. The spring season runs from April 10 through June 12, and the summer one from June 26 through August 28.

You can see a video about our organization at Outdoor Gwinnett Disc Golf on YouTube. I hope to meet you on the course!

Vicki Jacob
President
Gwinnett Disc Golf Organization
Vicki
DX Plastic

Return to Gwinnett Disc Golf Organization (GDGO)