Really all Par 4s ??

Delkab County - Lithonia, Ga

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Really all Par 4s ??

Postby JHadley » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:07 pm

So it had been quite some time since I was last at Redan, probably 5-6 years if I remember correctly. But we went this past Saturday morning to play, and I immediately noticed that almost all the holes were marked as Par 4s, and even a Par 5 !! Is this how most of you actually play the course?? Is this how they have always been marked?? I mean its just waaaayyy too easy to 3 shot most those holes and I wouldn't imagine that everybody would want to play the course that easily with soooo many birdies.

anyway, we played them all as Par 3 except we played the marked Par 5 as a Par 4. That being said we both shot a +2 which seemed like a normal type disc golf score to me.

Guess while we are on the subject, what is most of your thoughts on how to play a course you've never been to? If they have signs, do you play it as whatever is marked? If no signs, are they all Par 3?

I seem to remember when I started playing, EVERYTHING was Par 3. Now I seem to see some Par 4s at almost every course, with the occasional Par 5. But def don't remember all those Par 4 at Redan
JHadley
Barney

Re: Really all Par 4s ??

Postby mullethead326 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:16 pm

You're actually just really good.
mullethead326
DX Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:31 am

JHadley wrote:Is this how most of you actually play the course??

No.

Is this how they have always been marked??

Yes.

Guess while we are on the subject, what is most of your thoughts on how to play a course you've never been to?

I like to start at the teebox and then throw to the basket. Not always in a straight line.

If they have signs, do you play it as whatever is marked?

Nope..usually consider them all par 3's unless over 500 feet.

If no signs, are they all Par 3?

Yes...see above answer.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby craigd » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:49 am

JHadley wrote:So it had been quite some time since I was last at Redan, probably 5-6 years if I remember correctly. But we went this past Saturday morning to play, and I immediately noticed that almost all the holes were marked as Par 4s, and even a Par 5 !! Is this how most of you actually play the course?? Is this how they have always been marked?? I mean its just waaaayyy too easy to 3 shot most those holes and I wouldn't imagine that everybody would want to play the course that easily with soooo many birdies.

Legend has it that Redan was originally designed for throwing forehand rollers with a zephyr off the tee and evidently the posted pars back that up.
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby dandaman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:43 am

What does the word "par" mean to you?
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Return to Redan Park