Suwanee Creek Park??

Moderators: Vicki, ADGO BOD

Suwanee Creek Park??

Postby Mike D » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Anyone have a handle on this one?

http://suwanee.patch.com/groups/editors ... to-suwanee

Article says landscape guy is going to design the course???

Maybe we should give him a hand.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Re: Suwanee Creek Park??

Postby Vicki » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Mike,

After speaking with the Suwanee City Manager's office, I am thrilled to say this course will be designed by some of the very best! Sean Murphy, the landscape architect who they have engaged for this project, has partnered with John David and Patti Kunkle!!!

The City Manager's office has kindly invited the GDGO Board members out for a sneak peek; I will post details after touring it.

Vicki
Vicki
DX Plastic

Postby Mike D » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:50 am

Vicki,

That is GREAT news!

I just did not want someone designing a course without some input from those who play.

Can not wait to see what they come up with.

Keep us informed, and thank you foa all you guys do for this sport we all love.

Mike D
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby Bootsie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:21 pm

Are we talking the same guy who designed Redan gods country? If so, chhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecck!
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby Bootsie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:22 pm

it doesn't really matter cause i'll never complete a whole round anyways.
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby Renoryn » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:32 am

We have completed the construction of the tee pads for Suwanee Creek DGC and received approval on them yesterday. To clarify, Planet Earth Designs was only contracted for the tee pad construction. All design, clearing and basket sleeve installation was by others.

We have suggested some additional clearing of branches and vines in the fairways as well as some signage for safety concerns. Hopefully they will iron out these final details and have the course in good shape for the opening tournament weekend on May 2-3. Lastly, when you're throwing, please be mindful of the trail users out there.

-Ryan Harris
Planet Earth Designs
http://www.planetearthlandarch.com
Renoryn
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:21 pm

Renoryn wrote:We have completed the construction of the tee pads for Suwanee Creek DGC and received approval on them yesterday. To clarify, Planet Earth Designs was only contracted for the tee pad construction. All design, clearing and basket sleeve installation was by others.

We have suggested some additional clearing of branches and vines in the fairways as well as some signage for safety concerns. Hopefully they will iron out these final details and have the course in good shape for the opening tournament weekend on May 2-3. Lastly, when you're throwing, please be mindful of the trail users out there.

-Ryan Harris
Planet Earth Designs
http://www.planetearthlandarch.com

So it's gonna be another "OLD Wills layout" or "frog" layout? With good one after the other holes, but not Event friendly design and with paths in play - Or is it not as bad with paths as you are hinting at?
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby gvan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:19 am

1) The trail is not terribly busy.
2) On 1 hole, from the long tee, you throw across a path. The tee is elevated.
3) On 2 other holes, the path is in play along the left side. We asked for signage on the trail at those locations.

They heard our concerns about the trail, but honestly, there wasn't much choice if the course was going to flow well at all.

Tournament sign-up will be available this weekend.

Some spots are reserved for the City of Suwanee. I believe there are around 50 spots left at the moment

I will announce the sign-up here, the GDGO site and on the ADGO Facebook page.
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby Doctwg » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Is it open for play now or not until that weekend?
Doctwg
Barney

Postby Renoryn » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:45 am

I think they will keep the baskets out until the tournament since there is still some work to be done on the course before opening.

Keith, it shouldn't be too bad if golfers wait for people to pass before throwing. The soft trail gets pretty regular use all day from what we saw out there this past month. People would stop and ask what the tee pads were for and we would explain. Only a couple people seemed disgruntled that another use was moving in on their trail territory... I just want us golfers to do our part to avoid any conflicts.

-Ryan
Renoryn
Barney

Return to Gwinnett Disc Golf Organization (GDGO)