IDGC January Monthly- Jan. 5th PDGA C-TIER

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

IDGC January Monthly- Jan. 5th PDGA C-TIER

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:57 pm

The IDGC will be hosting the first saturday monthly the 5th of january. It will be 2 full rounds this month, but the layout is yet to be determined.

Please visit http://augustadiscgolf.com/first_sat.htm for the first saturday monthly details.

We will be doing day of registration only for this event and will be able to accommodate all players.

This will be the first event of the monthly series and we will take your best 6 out of 12 events!

Jason Allind
jallind@pdga.com
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

a

Postby $Dollar$ » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:12 pm

i'll be bringing at least 3 or 4 open players again. Bring Cha Cha
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

IDGC

Postby CD » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:47 pm

I plan on going. Hopefully me and Jenni can make the trip.

CD
CD
Barney

Postby Ridesbrd » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:40 am

Chuck Kennedy and Tom Monroe will be here next week and weekend. We will be working on the ed course and finalizing the Red tee pads.

If we can get everything cleared and ready we will play one blue and one red on the north course. The designers want to see how the red will play, but this will be contingent on us getting the reds completed on Friday! So at this point the format is still to be determined, but wanted to give you guys a heads up on what we are thinking about....

I have also moved some pin placements on the ED course, some have never been played before!!!!

See ya out here... Cha-Ching
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Augusta Action!

Postby ET » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:14 pm

wow, i may have to make a special trip to the home of the masters to reconnect with monroe, and to see kennedy again. i have some pics of my first worlds, the 1991 worlds in dayton, OH, that include them, well, at least monroe i've so far found.
i played several rounds with kennedy at the worlds (and i think elsewhere) and his pdga # is less than 50 from mine i think. i played many, many rounds (and lost) against monroe, including at john david's tournies at RICO and Blackburn in the early 90's. would be good to re-introduce myself to them again. any atlanta homies remember tim geib and steve gammon and pete anderson and mort and tom campbell and jenny and kramer and pizza joe? how 'bout spike and mountain man?
wow, the memories. rand, you out there? hemby and jim akins and finnerty?
by crackee, i'll be there. may even play tourney, too.
thanks for dope, augusta poster.
oh, and please tell graham that ET says "hi" and looks forward to seeing him. i remember graham when he was probably in his teens, when he and bill, hmmm, bill, uh, i can't recall his last name (senior moment) ran the augusta classic in '90-'93.
Happy New Year!
ET
Pro Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:04 pm

cha cha
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Re: Augusta Action!

Postby ET » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:25 pm

ET wrote:by crackee, i'll be there. may even play tourney, too.
thanks for dope, augusta poster.
oh, and please tell graham that ET says "hi" and looks forward to seeing him. i remember graham when he was probably in his teens, when he and bill, hmmm, bill, uh, i can't recall his last name (senior moment) ran the augusta classic in '90-'93.
Happy New Year!

brian was kind enough to provide me with the co-TD's name of the early Augusta Classic disc golf tournaments: Walter Clay. Walter still operates a very successful restaurant in augusta, Rae's Coastal Cafe (gawd, i hope that's right!). amazing how similar the names "bill" and "walter" are, wouldn't you agree? d:^]#)
a little bird told me there may be a resurgence of the origional Classic amenitites, i.e., the host hotel being the Partridge Inn! stay tuned.
congrats to $, 1 away from win in open pro.
matthew chipman (now of athens?) took advanced.
advanced masters winner was jack korn (i finished 4th, 4 out of first. a 1 1/2 foot missed putt may have contributed to my undoing, but i hit an 80 footer for a 2 on the final hole, 2nd round, to keep me under 70).
hot round i heard was a 54 by josh childs. smokin'! unconcious! zonin'!
i had lunch with chuck kennedy and helped him move pins between rounds. he's a nice guy and we basically butted heads on target (basket) design and future specifications. i learned chuck's in charge of target design specs for the pdga in 2008, so i consider the lunch to be mutually fruitful. he is certainly most accomplished and adept at playing devil's advocate, especially against the doubting thomas. lively conversation.
the turnout was 44 and tourney results were up on the pdga board only hours (if not minutes) upon completion. nice work by all responsible.
i was disappointed tom monroe had to leave for home on friday, but hope to catch him in b'ham soon.
brian g. also took an earful from me, but was his usual gracious self. a more sensitive, caring and accessable executive director of the pdga would be difficult, if not impossible, to manufacture.
go play the courses at the IDGC when time affords you. i will state that they are not beginner-friendly, however. more advanced/pro geared. seasoned intermediates would also enjoy the challenges, tho'.
oh, jason allind, another top-shelf individual, TDed the inaugural event.
i was glad to make his aquaintance, too.
the athens, ga contingency came out in numbers. lots more than from atlanta it seemed.
al-in-all, a pleasant days diversion.
ET
Pro Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments