North Georgia Canopy Tours Special Doubles Event JAN 20th!

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

North Georgia Canopy Tours Special Doubles Event JAN 20th!

Postby keith johnson » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:48 pm

For the DEC doubles at NGCT I'm going to give the biggest supporters of the course a special holiday deal .

If your rating is under 915, doubles will only cost you $5!

If your rating is 916-950, doubles will only cost you $10!

951 and higher will pay the usual price of $15 since they played for free last time.

There will still be the same payout as if there was a full entry fee being paid AND the winning team will get $100 PER PERSON!!
We will also have anyone with a 951 or higher rating playing with someone with a rating under 950 for this SPECIAL year end Doubles - as that format seemed to work well and create tight scores (12 of the 14 teams in OCT were within 6 strokes of the win)

Other specials available at this month's Doubles from NGCT:
1) For anyone bringing someone who has NEVER played the course - that person and the person(s) they bring will NOT have to pay greens fees!
2) There will be a special contest after the round and CTP's during the round for FREE NGCT certificates AND a free 2 hour Canopy Tour!
3) There is a special invatation to the top 3 doubles teams (Dollar and Tim Lawrence, Matt Rudzinski and Rob Kelly, Keith and Chris Senador) that have the best scores on the 3 most used layouts and they will play for FREE - PLUS a special Trophy will given to the team that has the best score at this doubles to celebrate the year end (Trophy made by a NGCT staff member)

There will also be a FREE raffle ticket given out with each entry for a drawing at the end of Doubles payouts and contests (MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!!)

As Lexus says in their ads - "It will be a December to remember"

Don't forget the start time is NOON and signups will start at 11:41 AM, so come on out and join us at NGCT instead of fighting the holiday shopping crowds and maybe win some presents (or cash) for youself!
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Re: North Georgia Canopy Tours Special Doubles Event DEC 16t

Postby Brian Lang » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:53 pm

Just for clarification, is this a BYOP or random draw event?
PDGA # 36585
ADGO # 240
Brian Lang
DX Plastic

Postby heartman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Brian Lang wrote:Just for clarification, is this a BYOP or random draw event?

random draw
McCurry Action - Sundays @ 10am

Athens Disc Golf on Facebook: Group and Page

Fayette County Disc Golf Club on Facebook and Disc Golf Scene
heartman
DX Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:53 am

BYOP dubs at Centrsl Park Dec 30th.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Bhuff » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:57 pm

I'll be there bringing a carload from Athens i'm sure.
Bhuff
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Bhuff wrote:I'll be there bringing a carload from Athens i'm sure.

Thanks - Please let anyone else you can know that doesn't frequent the message boards also!
keith johnson

Postby Corndawg13 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 pm

I let the FCDGO on http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO know as well! I will be there!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Bootsie » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:47 am

I'm not only a client I'm the playa president!
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Corndawg13 wrote:I let the FCDGO on http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO know as well! I will be there!

Thanks Bobby!
keith johnson

Postby Corndawg13 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Anytime Keith
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby mullethead326 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:40 am

Would anyone like to carpool from Midtown Atlanta or nearby? I can drive, but would like to split gas if possible. PM for details.
mullethead326
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Just a reminder coming up in 2 days!!
Prizes are already ready to go (there are SEVERAL prizes to be given away) - FREE tickets with a chance to win one of the prizes just for showing up!

keith johnson wrote:For the DEC doubles at NGCT I'm going to give the biggest supporters of the course a special holiday deal .

If your rating is under 915, doubles will only cost you $5!

If your rating is 916-950, doubles will only cost you $10!

951 and higher will pay the usual price of $15 since they played for free last time.

There will still be the same payout as if there was a full entry fee being paid AND the winning team will get $100 PER PERSON!!
We will also have anyone with a 951 or higher rating playing with someone with a rating under 950 for this SPECIAL year end Doubles - as that format seemed to work well and create tight scores (12 of the 14 teams in OCT were within 6 strokes of the win)

Other specials available at this month's Doubles from NGCT:
1) For anyone bringing someone who has NEVER played the course - that person and the person(s) they bring will NOT have to pay greens fees!
2) There will be a special contest after the round and CTP's during the round for FREE NGCT certificates AND a free 2 hour Canopy Tour!
3) There is a special invatation to the top 3 doubles teams (Dollar and Tim Lawrence, Matt Rudzinski and Rob Kelly, Keith and Chris Senador) that have the best scores on the 3 most used layouts and they will play for FREE - PLUS a special Trophy will given to the team that has the best score at this doubles to celebrate the year end (Trophy made by a NGCT staff member)

There will also be a FREE raffle ticket given out with each entry for a drawing at the end of Doubles payouts and contests (MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!!)

As Lexus says in their ads - "It will be a December to remember"

Don't forget the start time is NOON and signups will start at 11:41 AM, so come on out and join us at NGCT instead of fighting the holiday shopping crowds and maybe win some presents (or cash) for youself!
keith johnson

Postby BP » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm hoping to make it out tomorrow. If anyone is interested I have Proto Star Stamped Rocs left.

Send me a text if interested and I can bring with. 678-524-9945

170's = $30
180's = $40

Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
http://www.disccaddie.com
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Don't have texting, but I'll take one of the BLUE ones - don't care about the weight.

Thanks for coming out!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby BP » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Sorry guys, got stuck working at the store today! Hope all had fun...
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
http://www.disccaddie.com
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:27 pm

38 (THIRTY EIGHT!!) players came out today despite the promise of all day rain - which was there from start of the round and is still going on now....
8 of those were first timers to the course, and a few had only played a couple times last year - with players coming from Macon and TN.

There was a tie for First with 52's with the 4 players agreeing to split the $270 which was upped to $280 for a payout of $70 per person instead of playing sudden death for $100 per person and $35 per person. :shock:
There was a throwoff inside the command center from about 75 feet to determine who would win the 2 trophies for the winning teams. Dollar's partner left, so he and Kevin from Zak's team ended up each taking one trophy.
1 person from each team was the closest to the basket and took home the lovely handmade trophies.

Jody has created a trail going from hole 15's basket through the woods (even building a bridge over the ravine) to 16's tees to eliminate the walk to the road and up the goat trail that wears everyone out - MUCH THANKS for the great job!

7 of the 19 teams got paid with 10 strokes separating the top 16 teams and only 5 strokes separating the 7 cashing spots.
1st place $140 Dollar / Kevin? - 52
1st place $140 Zak K. / Kevin ? - 52
3rd place $55 Fred W. / Raury S. - 53
3rd place $55 Cody / Bryson - 53
5th place $40 Mike Alessi / Brad B. - 54
6th place $30 Zane W. / Jerry - 56
7th place $20 Brandon / Jody - 57

The ace fund will be at $189 at the first 3rd SUN doubles on JAN 20th!

Hopefully we will see everyone again in the new year at NGCT!!
keith johnson

Re: North Georgia Canopy Tours Special Doubles Event JAN 20t

Postby keith johnson » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:47 pm

UPDATE!!!

Since the weather will be good for 3rd SUN doubles, I'll let the cat out of the bag for 1 of the goodies being given away - FREE Entry to Lake Russell - no matter what division you are playing - PLUS a FREE tee sign with your text that will be on the same hole as the NGCT Tsign.

Reminder that this Sunday at NOON is the first 3rd Sunday doubles of 2013 at North Georgia Canopy Tours!!

... In honor of the Falcons playing in the NFC Championship game everyone who attends will only pay $10 plus greens fee (if applicable) and the payouts will still be the usual based on full entry!

We will be done in plenty of time for everyone to be home for most of the game (at least in time for the second half when all the good stuff will be happening anyways :) )

There is the $189 dollar (plus entries) Ace Fund and a couple of other surprise goodies to be had.

You can make it a great weekend of Disc golf by playing Haywood Valley on SAT and NGCT on SUN!!!

Look forward to seeing everyone there,
Keith
keith johnson

Re: North Georgia Canopy Tours Special Doubles Event JAN 20t

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:27 pm

keith johnson wrote:We will be done in plenty of time for everyone to be home for most of the game
(at least in time for the second half when all the good stuff will be happening anyways :) )

Keith

Well as usual I was right, but with the wrong results this time........can't get outscored 28-7 in 2&1/2 quarters 2 games in a row in your own stadium and not have it come back to bite you sooner or later. Although they were a personal foul and not called penalty away form pulling it off again.

16 players in beautiful weather.
keith johnson

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments