2nd Annual Tournament For Tots at Alexander Park

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

2nd Annual Tournament For Tots at Alexander Park

Postby Discstalker_Dave » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:37 am

Folks, its that time again!

Disc Stalker has rented Alexander Park on Saturday December 1st for the second annual Toys For Tots tournament. Here are the details.

We will be taking over the doubles play in the morning and will have two rounds of doubles play in the following format. In the morning it will be random draw with a pro/am pairing and will be best shot format. You will then play a second round with your partner in the afternoon, however instead of best shot, both of you will play a normal round playing the shots you throw and then the scores from all three will be summed to determine winners. Thus, if I play with someone in the morning and we shoot a 45, then we play again in the afternoon and my partner shoots a 50 and I shoot a 58 then our score will be (45 + 50 + 58) for a total of 153 for the two rounds.

Parings will be PRO/AM with each division determined by what a player shoots normally at Alex, 1/2 of the field will be PRO and the other will be AM. While we are still tweaking the separation, it will likely be based on around a 950 rating for play at Alex which is currently around a 53, thus if you normally shoot a 53 or lower then you would be categorized as a PRO and above as an AM. In order to get even pairings we will likely move that one way or another.

We'll use the course rating set after the Gwinnett County Open for Alex.

Registration is free with $20 dollars worth of toys or you can pay $20 dollars, If you want a t-shirt this year then its an additional $7.50 to cover our costs on them.

Sign up online at Disc Stalker at this link http://www.discstalker.com/tournament-for-tots/ or send us an email at "storemanager at discstalker.com"

The event facebook page is here http://www.facebook.com/events/152949288184972/ .

There will be no cash payouts, we will be looking for donations from individuals or businesses who will be listed as sponsors for the event for prizes and awards. Tifosi Sunglasses has ponied up a nice pair of sunglasses worth $60 dollars each for the winning team, so that's an example of that we are looking for as prizes and awards, of course Disc Stalker will be making up cool trophy discs, and other cool things.

More info to come, thanks for supporting this event, last year it was a great success with over $1200 raised for Metro Atlanta Toys For Tots.

Dave
Discstalker_Dave
DX Plastic

Re: 2nd Annual Tournament For Tots at Alexander Park

Postby gvan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Emily and I are IN !
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby Vunter Slaush » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm ready for Saturday! What time is the player's meeting?
Vunter Slaush
Barney

Postby Discstalker_Dave » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:08 am

We'll meet at Pavilion # 3 - the same one that is used for the Alexander Armada - after 9 and will draw at 9:45 and send everyone out to start around 10.

Same format as last year, Pro/AM doubles in the morning best shot and singles in the afternoon. You'll keep your partner for the singles round but won't be playing with them, then all three scores will be combined into a total to determine winners in the afternoon. Women and Juniors will play from the red tees, we'll vote on whether or not to have the AM side of the field play from the reds in the singles round.

This is totally informal and people should have fun!

Rob Williams will be some of his famous BBQ for lunch...
Discstalker_Dave
DX Plastic

Postby Mike D » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:09 pm

So if we have never played Alexander and are rated below 960 by the PDGA would that put me in the AM division?
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:14 pm

You're gonna be in Charleston anyway Mikey.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Mike D » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Yes I am!!

70 degrees and Sunny on two great courses.

I was just curious how they would determine Pro or Am if you have never played there.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:01 pm

By Honesty or bagging by the player in question. Like most other events for non-pdga/pdga folks...
promoting D-GOLF since 2007
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:29 pm

BAGGER!!
Mike D wrote:Yes I am!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Discstalker_Dave » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks to everyone for making the second annual Tournament for Tots a success. We raised $800 in toys and $650 dollars in cash for this years total of $1450!

Great Job everyone

Thanks to Greg, Gerrit and Brett for managing all TD duties and thanks to Rob Williams for providing lunch.

Mark your calendars now for Nest years event, Saturday December 7th, same bat time and same bat place!!!

Dave
Discstalker_Dave
DX Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments