Few questions

Cherokee County - Canton, GA

Moderators: rjohnston, daustin, ADGO BOD

Few questions

Postby d1scg0lf3r » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Just wanted to post a few questions about this course.

1. With the recent changes and added length are any of the holes considered a par 4? Whats an average score here from a regular? I have been learning the course and I have been shooting -2 to +5 on average, still trying to figure out what discs to use on the gauntlet.

2. Are there still any tournaments held at this course? if not currently have you considered changing the day and time? Maybe a Tuesday around 5:30pm-6pm start time? I know Wills is Wednesday and Oregon is Thursday which are close by. I also see Redan has Tuesday doubles but they are an hour away and shouldn't affect any locals that would play here.

3. Is there a particular day of the week or time when its best to run into regulars here? I have started to play this course more recently but usually on Wednesday Thursday evenings, my days off, between 4-6pm.
d1scg0lf3r
Barney

Re: Few questions

Postby Jay » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:22 pm

d1scg0lf3r wrote:Just wanted to post a few questions about this course.

1. With the recent changes and added length are any of the holes considered a par 4? Whats an average score here from a regular? I have been learning the course and I have been shooting -2 to +5 on average, still trying to figure out what discs to use on the gauntlet.

2. Are there still any tournaments held at this course? if not currently have you considered changing the day and time? Maybe a Tuesday around 5:30pm-6pm start time? I know Wills is Wednesday and Oregon is Thursday which are close by. I also see Redan has Tuesday doubles but they are an hour away and shouldn't affect any locals that would play here.

3. Is there a particular day of the week or time when its best to run into regulars here? I have started to play this course more recently but usually on Wednesday Thursday evenings, my days off, between 4-6pm.

1. We usually play everything as par 3's. Now, in a tournament, if I was the Tournament Director, 6D & 11D could be par 4's for the Ams only. But I probably would not play 6D & 11D in a tournament setting due to the traffic these holes bring into the valley.

2. We run 1 - 2 tournaments a year at Sequoyah Park. The Sequoyah Wide Open/Cold Snake Classic is the first Sunday of December. This year it will be the 12th running of it. Sometimes, a TD wants to run one at Sequoyah and we help them out, just make sure it's not during baseball season! As for weekly action, someone needs to pick a day and try to organize the action.....good luck!

3. Many regulars play the course, not sure what days they all play......
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:34 am

Any updates on the Cold Snake such as online signup?
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:37 pm

grease wrote:Any updates on the Cold Snake such as online signup?

Yes - the tourney is listed on the ADGO front page and will happen Sunday, 2 Dec 2012 with 100% payout for all divisions. No on line sign up, pay when checking in. I will start the thread by the end of the week, so if you want to sponsor the the ctp action send me a PM. Monies raised this year will go towards Cherokee County "Meals on Wheels". Looking forward to another outstanding time with all at Sequoyah Park!

Peace!
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Return to Sequoyah Park