Would you like to play for FREE and win $100??

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Would you like to play for FREE and win $100??

Postby keith johnson » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Would you like to play doubles for free?
Are you rated 974 or over and would like to win $100 bucks??
If you answered yes to these 2 questions, please come out to the 3rd Sunday doubles at North Georgia Canopy Tours on OCT 21st (next Sunday - 2PM start with draw at 1:55PM) and check out all the changes on this Par 61 beauty of a course.
A sponsor has donated entries for up to ten 974 or higher rated players to come check out the course.
Matt Dollar, Mat Crider, Tim Ellis, Patrick Kellner, Cody Britain, Johnathon Matlack, Vach, Kevin McCoy, and anyone else meeting the criteria can play for free and be eligible for the $100 per player on the winning team!
The format will be random draw with 1 player coming from the 974 and higher pool and 1 player from the under 974 pool for THIS MONTH ONLY per sponsor suggestion so that top rated players will come out and check out the course. The decks are all treated with non skid coatings so footing is no longer an issue no matter the weather.
Hole 5 will play to the new pin position making it a true par 4, and with the course being maintained beautifully now and the cooler weather makes this a "no brainer", if you would like to play for free and win some big money.
Ace fund is at $123 plus $1 per player that shows next Sun. and there are few holes that can be had.

Hope to see you there!
Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Re: Would you like to play for FREE and win $100??

Postby Corndawg13 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:20 am

See you Sunday! Thanks for all the hard work Keith! This course is still a hidden gym to most for whatever reason.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby djester#2 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:53 am

I do my workouts in a hidden gym... buff
djester#2
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:02 pm

28 players!

It seems that asking the higher rated guys to play for free brought out all the other players who wanted the chance to play with some top dogs........
BUT.............ONLY 5 players rated over 974 showed up :oops: (including 2 from TN :o :mrgreen: ) and there were 12 players there for the first time ever, and a few there for only the 2nd time!

Winning the 45 dollar per player bonus donated by the sponsor (to make it a $100 per player on winning team!) was Matt (I only play here in OCT) Dollar and Tim Lawrence!
To even out the sides the next 9 highest rated players were moved to the top pool, and got to play for FREE!!

The scores were extremely close as the top 10 scores from the 14 teams were only 5 strokes apart.

Everyone loved the changes to hole 5 to make it a true par 4.

I hope now that several other players have seen the course, that they will let their friends know about it and that this course that is only 1 year, 6 months and 12 days old will get the love it deserves.

Keith

Results below:
1st place $200 Dollar / Tim L. - 49
2nd place $70 Dylan / Gabe - 50
3rd place $50 Zak K. / Jody - 51
4th place $30 Cody / Jason - 53 (won playoff for 4th on 3rd hole)
4th place $20 Mike H. / Bobby - 53 (won playoff for 5th on 1st hole)
4th place Bryan G. / Nick - 53

Ace fund will start at $151 at the NOV 18th 3rd Sunday doubles.

Start time for Doubles through the end of NON Daylight Savings Time (Eastern Standard Time) will be NOON with a draw at 11:55 AM

Pins on 5 & 17 were moved today.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:46 pm

For the DEC doubles at NGCT I'm going to give the biggest supporters of the course a special holiday deal .

If your rating is under 915, doubles will only cost you $5!

If your rating is 916-950, doubles will only cost you $10!

951 and higher will pay the usual price of $15 since they played for free last time.

There will still be the same payout as if there was a full entry fee being paid AND the winning team will get $100 PER PERSON!!
We will also have anyone with a 951 or higher rating playing with someone with a rating under 950 for this SPECIAL year end Doubles - as that format seemed to work well and create tight scores (12 of the 14 teams in OCT were within 6 strokes of the win)

Other specials available at this month's Doubles from NGCT:
1) For anyone bringing someone who has NEVER played the course - that person and the person(s) they bring will NOT have to pay greens fees!
2) There will be a special contest after the round and CTP's during the round for FREE NGCT certificates AND a free 2 hour Canopy Tour!
3) There is a special invatation to the top 3 doubles teams (Dollar and Tim Lawrence, Matt Rudzinski and Rob Kelly, Keith and Chris Senador) that have the best scores on the 3 most used layouts and they will play for FREE - PLUS a special Trophy will given to the team that has the best score at this doubles to celebrate the year end (Trophy made by a NGCT staff member)

There will also be a FREE raffle ticket given out with each entry for a drawing at the end of Doubles payouts and contests (MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!!)

As Lexus says in their ads - "It will be a December to remember"

Don't forget the start time is NOON and signups will start at 11:41 AM, so come on out and join us at NGCT instead of fighting the holiday shopping crowds and maybe win some presents (or cash) for youself!
keith johnson

Return to Q & A