Freestyle & Double Disc Court

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Freestyle & Double Disc Court

Postby Stephchan » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm moving to Atlanta real soon and looking for some freestyling/jamming and double disc court (DDC). Any jammers or DDC players here in Atlanta?
I'm also happy to teach anyone interested!

Will be looking forward to learning to disc golf better, especially in a city with all theses courses!
Thanks everyone.

Cheers,
Stephanie
Stephchan
Barney

Re: Freestyle & Double Disc Court

Postby grease » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Good luck with that. No one on this board even knows what you're talking about except for a few old schoolers that will tell you how great they were in the 80's. As far as disc golf goes, you're in the right place.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby 12StonesScott » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:47 am

grease wrote:Good luck with that. No one on this board even knows what you're talking about except for a few old schoolers that will tell you how great they were in the 80's. As far as disc golf goes, you're in the right place.

Yeah, I suspect the best option is going to be to find some serious ultimate players and recruit/educate 'em. I'm one of those "old schoolers" who was pretty fly for a fat guy thirty years ago, but is long since past the age at which even trying the simplest stuff is medically advisable.

Do freestylers still wear fake nails and spray the underside of the disc with silicone to help with nail delays and such?
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Stephchan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:25 pm

For those curious about DDC and freestyle, here are some videos from a recent tournament. It's the 2012 US Open Tournament in Santa Barbara. Folks with solid throws do well in DDC (i.e. golfers!) especially when throwing a little 110g.

How to play DDC, a Primer by the Tallahassee DDC group: http://youtu.be/nszaRylOxus
Men's Finals DDC - Conrad Damon & Cody Kirkland vs Rick LeBeau & Dave Hesselberth: http://vimeo.com/45874749

Men's Freestyle 1st place- Jake Gauthier & Arthur Coddington: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qw0Zsfb ... ure=relmfu
Women's Freestyle 1st place - Amy Schiller & Lisa Hundrichs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HAbSe4P ... ure=relmfu

Hope to DDC and jam with you folks in Atlanta!
Cheers,
Stephanie

ps - yup, still using nails and slick
Stephchan
Barney

Postby grease » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:54 pm

The freestyle stuff is always cool.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby $Dollar$ » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:28 am

Ive only play DDC a couple times but I really enjoyed it. We could set up a court at Lake Russell this year. Or just stick to FrizBeer
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:21 pm

I think there are quite a few Ultimate teams around town representing various schools/colleges. They may know a few jammers or ddc'ers. If Woody was still
living here I'm sure he could hook you up.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Woodrow » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:57 pm

From what I know, there is no DDC or serious Freestyle in ATL. Try the AFDC site to confirm.
Woodrow

Postby grease » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:20 pm

I forgot to finish that...."but Woody is a raging morphodite and stalker and should not be trusted on any level!"
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Stephchan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Thanks to everyone's input. Sounds like there is NO existing group of freestylers or DDC players in Atlanta ( at least I haven't identified them yet, and please help connect me to them if you learn about their existence!).

So...I'll try to start a new thing here with anyone who is interested in trying these new games. And I'll branch out to golf.
I'll give a shout out when I set up a DDC court.

Cheers,
Stephanie
Stephchan
Barney

Return to Q & A