National Team Challenge August 11th and 12th @ IDGC

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

National Team Challenge August 11th and 12th @ IDGC

Postby Ridesbrd » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:40 pm

The National Team Challenge will be the 4th inaugural event at the IDGC in 2012, we have been trying to run different types of events this year as you can see. This one is by far the hardest that we are running, although team tournaments can be the best events of the year. We have released some preliminary details of the event, expect many more coming very soon.

Here are the details:

Team Requirements:

Must have 4 players

Total PDGA ratings cap of 3760

One player must have a rating of 899 or below

Team may have 1 unrated player, their estimated rating will be 940

Team must have some sort of affiliation, whether it is state, club, college, city, or clique.

Team Play:

Play will consist of various rounds of singles, doubles, and team alternate shot.

Each team player will play at least 54 holes, with up to 79 holes possible.

Finals will be top 4 teams competing in 9 hole match play format (bracketed based on standings).

Cost:

$200 per team

OR

$180 per team if you register before August 3rd*

*Teams registering after August 1st WILL NOT recieve team uniform players pack items

More information will be posted when available at http://www.pdga.com/idgc/events
Last edited by Ridesbrd on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Re: National Team Challenge August 11th and 12th @ IDGC

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:23 pm

You couldn't have run it a week earlier or later? :shock:
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:29 am

keith johnson wrote:You couldn't have run it a week earlier or later? :shock:

Why?
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby JeremyO » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:51 am

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3893

There may be some people running/playing in that tournament that would also want to do this?
JeremyO
DX Plastic

Postby Wookie » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:35 pm

So the IDGC can just pick tournament dates and run them without going through the State Coordinator? That makes a lot of sense. I guess they can act like their own state since they run everything?
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby JeremyO » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Will this be sanctioned? I didn't think it was breaking any rules, just that Keith (and others) might want to play.
JeremyO
DX Plastic

Postby htorbit » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:00 pm

I love the IDGC and this format sounded like fun until I saw the date was the same as Wills.
htorbit
DX Plastic

Postby Wookie » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:44 pm

The only reason I ask is that I thought they just had the same type thing last weekend where there was a tournament in Macon and then they had one at the IDGC as well. I know it's a good distance between them but it seems that both would have had better turnouts if they weren't scheduled the same weekend.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Wookie wrote:The only reason I ask is that I thought they just had the same type thing last weekend where there was a tournament in Macon and then they had one at the IDGC as well. I know it's a good distance between them but it seems that both would have had better turnouts if they weren't scheduled the same weekend.

Just FYI the IDGC schedule was announced in January of this year, even if i sanctioned this team event Keith would approve it because the IDGC is outside of mileage restrictions. I study my event weekends for a long period of time and try to be very thorough, although this year i suppose i chose poor weekends.

The Macon event wasn't on the schedule until April of this year as I checked to make sure I wasn't stepping on his toes when I had to change the Ironman to sanctioned. I know Keith picks his weekends early, but at this stage in the game there is a tournament every weekend of summer within a 3 hour drive of the IDGC.

I'm sorry that you won't be able to attend and hope others will make plans to be here that weekend. Once again this will be a great event at the IDGC that maybe only a select few will experience. I will grow these inaugural events in the coming years because both the IDGC Am Championships and IDGC Ironman were a great time.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:25 pm

You do a great job Jason. Most people don't understand how crowded the schedule is as well as the short distance restrictions, thus overlapping events.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby keith johnson » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:22 am

I actually have no hard feelings as I understand the rules - I just know and knew there would be SEVERAL players (some who have already posted) who would want to play in the team thing as well as Wills who now have to make a choice. - that is only reason I asked.

It has been on the non-sanctioned list since early this year, but being non sanctioned there is flexibility.
As Jason points out though - it really is harder and harder to find open dates with the amount of courses, and several new TD's running Events at their home courses which makes it inevitable that there will be overlapping at times.

Jason does have his own little kingdom of courses there at the IDGC (and who among us wouldn't love to get paid to spend all day working and playing on 3 courses in one spot) and sometimes waits to get things posted or changes things up, but he and I have our own little thing where we know what the other is going to do for the most part and we live with it.

Everything is good on my end and I hope that Wills sells out as well as people get to play in the team Event also, so everyone is happy - either way I KNOW where I will be on AUG 11th and it will be in a city beginning with an "A" but it won't be Augusta. :mrgreen:
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Wookie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:26 am

Thank you for the clarifications, it makes more sense now. Appreciate all the work that all the TD's do.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:22 am

keith johnson wrote:I actually have no hard feelings as I understand the rules - I just know and knew there would be SEVERAL players (some who have already posted) who would want to play in the team thing as well as Wills who now have to make a choice. - that is only reason I asked.

It has been on the non-sanctioned list since early this year, but being non sanctioned there is flexibility.
As Jason points out though - it really is harder and harder to find open dates with the amount of courses, and several new TD's running Events at their home courses which makes it inevitable that there will be overlapping at times.

Jason does have his own little kingdom of courses there at the IDGC (and who among us wouldn't love to get paid to spend all day working and playing on 3 courses in one spot) and sometimes waits to get things posted or changes things up, but he and I have our own little thing where we know what the other is going to do for the most part and we live with it.

Everything is good on my end and I hope that Wills sells out as well as people get to play in the team Event also, so everyone is happy - either way I KNOW where I will be on AUG 11th and it will be in a city beginning with an "A" but it won't be Augusta. :mrgreen:

Hahaha yea Keith and I do have our little thing so stay out of it :) J/K

I really wish everyone could play in every event, but these days thats just not possible. I'm sorry that this fell on the day of a GSSS as I try really hard to schedule around Keith's events as I know they are popular. Like I said earlier, this year was hard to schedule and I picked some bad dates this time around.

I will try to do better next year and hope y'all can play in all our events!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:28 am

Registration is now open, we have set it up so your team can register individually or one could pay for the entire team. This should make it easy for people who want to pay for only their spot on the team.

Registration is presented by Killer B Disc Golf:

http://bit.ly/IDGCteam

Hope to see an ATL team or two!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:29 am

Registration deadline is August 3rd for Player's Pack items, entries received after August 3rd will not receive the team uniform items......
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:47 pm

National Team Challenge is this weekend, its not too late to get your team together and enter this fun event!

The schedule is now complete, we will provide a page explaining the different formats and how points will be awarded for each round this week.

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/201 ... llenge.pdf
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:03 pm

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/2012_National_Team_Challenge_Registration.pdf blue or smurf? :ugeek:

I look forward to returning to the IDGC next season. Conflicts all this year and world's got in the way. Events at the IDGC are among the more underated tourneys in GA if you ask me.
Last edited by D-Wiz on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
promoting D-GOLF since 2007
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:20 am

Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:12 pm

After 3 lightning delays the long rounds are over here at the IDGC, you can see the team results below!

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/201 ... _day_1.pdf
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments