Suggested Courses for a weekend visit

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Suggested Courses for a weekend visit

Postby balewis » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Hey everyone,

My wife has 30 hours worth of meetings soon over the weekend in Atlanta so we are coming down from Chattanooga. I'll be fending for myself so I am hoping to get in a few rounds of disc golf while I am down here. We are staying in a hotel just north of Atlanta near the 75/285 split.

From what I can tell, there seem to be about 8 - 10 courses that would be an easy drive to get to. So my question is what courses should I play while I am down there. I looked at dgcoursereview some and have a couple ideas, but I figured the locals would know a lot better than I.

Thanks for your help,
Barry
balewis
Barney

Re: Suggested Courses for a weekend visit

Postby mrpbody33 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Well you picked a good area to hit up a lot of courses. This board has directions to get to all the metro courses. Here are my suggestions for places I would hit up.

1. Perkerson Park - Atlanta's only permanent 18-hole course (inside the perimeter). Definite must play.
2. Oregon Park - Recently redesigned by Kevin McCoy. Two pads and two baskets on every hole. That is four layouts on one course!
3. East Roswell Park - One of the courses used for the 2010 Atlanta Open national tour event.
4. White Oak Park - Big, long shots over rolling Georgia Hills. This course can be grueling so pack light and bring lots of water.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Re: Suggested Courses for a weekend visit

Postby VERMIN » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:54 pm

Add 10-15 minutes of any estimated drive times...Welcome to Atlanta.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Return to Q & A