Perkerson Fundraiser/Doubles Sunday 4/29/2012

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Perkerson Fundraiser/Doubles Sunday 4/29/2012

Postby jritger » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:57 am

If you haven't come down to the park yet, mark your calendar and plan on coming down on Sunday 4/29 to help out with fundraising by clearing the course ... and hang around for doubles action in the afternoon.

We need to put in 1,000 additional volunteer hours to raise enough $$ for concrete teepads and permanent signage. We already have 750 hours to date this year. Every man hour is counted at $20/hour, so please come out and donate your time to raise real $$ that will fund concrete pad installation this summer. We're hoping for a large turnout, and if 100 people come out for 3 hours, we'll have raised 30% of the funds.

This is a perfect chance to get the course looking as good as possible / practice for the USDGC qualifier tournament the following weekend.

Schedule:
10:00am - 1:00pm Workday (3 hours of labor = $60 CASH donation)
Grill out for lunch (Charcoal & grills provided, but bring your own food/drinnk)
2:00pm = Random draw doubles on the course ... with lots of free CTPs included.

What to bring:
Work gloves and any tools you have:
*cutting/pruning tools: saws, loppers, machete
*sprayers for poison ivy removal
*digging tools for teepad work: shovels, maddocks
*Pants or long socks and long sleeves -- we have some thorns and poison ivy to remove

(We're hoping for better weather than our previous attempt with the February ADGO event)
jritger

Re: Perkerson Fundraiser/Doubles Sunday 4/29/2012

Postby Bootsie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:42 pm

dey took er jebs! tokerjebs tokerder
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby jritger » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:37 pm

dey took er jebs! tokerjebs tokerder

Does that mean you are attending? (Probably not)

Course is looking very good right now, and should be looking VERY good after Sunday. We'll be fixing the chains on Sunday and have quite a few other projects planned. After Sunday, regardless of how many attend, the course will have 18 playable holes in nearly final positions. It's turning the corner very quickly from rough to not that bad and is nearly very playable.

Come out and see it and help out, we seriously need the help as the same handful of people have been doing most of the work. We have put in over 800 hours already this year, all volunteer time.

A few specific tools we're looking for are (in addition to digging/cutting tools):
angle grinders (to cut chains)
gas powered weed wackers
sprayers (for poision ivy)
jritger

Postby luke » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:01 am

Got your invite. Hope I don't come across as someone who never leaves Jasper County, but that's often the case. I have to plan so far ahead for Monty cleanups--by the time I get #13 cleanup up, #1 needs a tight mow job. Right now Mother Nature is trying to overwhelm me, so I'll be working on the Monty tomorrow. Good luck, though, in gaining attendance, and hope to see you at the next Monty Dubs.
luke
Star Plastic

Postby Bootsie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:10 pm

theres a chance i'll be there i would say that its probably 1 out of 1000 . so don't get your hopes up
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby jritger » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:17 pm

@ Luke, I feel your pain, and I will make it to Monty one of these days. If it makes you feel any better - we only had 8 people attend today. I guess Keith is right in that everyone is always ready to help when it's time to pour the concrete, after the hard work is finished.

Weak turnout, but we'll keep trying. Thanks to the folks who made it out, we got a TON accomplished ... almost everything on my list, which was made for 20+ people. We now have a fully playable 18-hole course with carpet teepads on all holes, and a new trail that fixes the flow/confusion issue by adding a new creek crossing.

@ anyone wanting to help out who couldn't make it today, we'll be back on the every Saturday @ 10am workday schedule. Now that the holes are all playable, we'll be focused on improving/optimizing the holes. We still need lots of help. The course is already looking good and will improve quickly now.
jritger

Postby luke » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Ah well. Couldn't go out after all. My wife and daughter are both sick. I can work on teesigns, though...

Will get to the Perk sooner or later. Glad to hear things are in the ground.
luke
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments