2nd Annual Dogfest at Wills Park PDGA C-Tier - April 21st

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

2nd Annual Dogfest at Wills Park PDGA C-Tier - April 21st

Postby joyaman » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:34 pm

The Dogfest 2012 registration link on the PDGA website IS NOW UP at: http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1332934589.
Up until Wed, April 11th, the PDGA Store was taking $10 off of all registrations. Anyone that registered online before this was changed will need to settle up at check-in. Sorry for the inconvenience.

UPDATE as of WED-APR-11: The Registration page is now listing entry fees that are $10 higher than what you will actually pay if you're a PDGA member when you go through with the registration. It seems that instead of switching the way the $10 non-member fee is applied, the PDGA Store has compensated for my error by tacking on $10 to the listed prices. I'm not sure why they did it this way, but please understand that
YOUR NET ENTRY FEE WILL COME OUT TO THE FEE POSTED ON THE TOURNAMENT FLYER, so please go ahead and register, and you'll see that the $10 will be subtracted before your total is calculated if you are a PDGA member. If you're not a PDGA member, then the $10 fee will be taken care of within the higher entry fee.

Bottom line is that everybody will pay the orignal entry fees from $60 for Pro Open - down to $25 for Rec and Novice, and $20 for Juniors. My sincere apologies to everyone that has been impacted by these gyrations that were all caused by my one, incorrect selection at setup time.

The current registration is now posted at: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/89782 .

Tournament flyer:
Dogfest_2012_Flyer_001

ONLINE or MAIL-IN REGISTRATIONS ONLY - NO DAY-OF SIGNUP

Please send me a PM for the Mail-in address.

If you catch me in-person at Wills Park (Wednesday dubs is your best bet), I'll also take registrations there until the online registration closes.

Dogfest is the signature annual Wills Park disc golf event for players of all skill levels. Junior, Novice and Recreational divisions will throw from shorter tees on some holes, while pros and top amateurs will play the longest and most challenging Wills layout possible. Ring-O-Fire, Top Dog Safari and the Wills Dogs poker tourney are the post-action festivities. Tourney T-Shirts are available, with subs and pizzas available for ordering during check-in and pizza slices for sale at lunch.

We've tweaked things a bit based on feedback from last year, but the entry fees are all the same as last year's, which produced a generous payout for both Pros and Ams.

The tweaks:

> Safe 10m-diameter "Island" landing zone added in the middle of the "ocean" on #9
> Haybales to right of #6 pin will play as PDGA "Bunc-r" rule boundary (re-tee like an OB, but with no penalty stroke)
> Possible long pin on #15 straight past A position (looking iffy at this point unless a sleeve or stand is found by Friday 20-Apr)
> New tournament caddy book
> Ring-of-Fire replaces P-I-G contest
> Two new Top-Dog Safari holes
> Pizza, Subs, Jet' Boats, Deli Boats, Boneless Chicken Wings and Salads available for lunch
(Slices will also be for sale at the break for those who don't want to place an order before R1)
> Dogfest T-Shirts for sale and for sponsorships
> Novice division for all the Wills newbies that have been asking for a worry-free first tourney

Caddy book with all OBs and special rules is now available for viewing or downloading:

Print Layout: (color/b&w)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/89822445/Dogfest-2012-Caddy-Book-Print-Layout

Online Layout (full color):

http://www.scribd.com/doc/89872728/Dogfest-2012-Caddy-Book-Online-Layout

-ChrisF-
Last edited by joyaman on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 10 times in total.
joyaman
DX Plastic

Re: 2nd Annual Dogfest at Wills Park PDGA C-Tier - April 21s

Postby mrpbody33 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:47 pm

Woohoo! Can't wait!!
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby joyaman » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Thanks to Scott Bailey of The Cigar Merchant at Mansell Road and Alpharetta Highway in Roswell for jumping in once again to be our Dogfest scorecard sponsor. Scott's store is two stores down from Play It Again Sports behind Starbucks. "The Merchant" is my favorite cigar store, with a huge walk-in humidor, a wide variety of accessories and a cozy back room where I've smoked many a fine cigar.

If you're into cigars like I am (that's where joyaman comes from), you can't beat the selection and the very reasonable prices.

CigarMerchantLogo http://www.flickr.com/people/51790006@N03/
Last edited by joyaman on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Special thanks to Scott Ward of Play It Again Sports - Roswell for stepping up for the second staight year as our Dogfest title sponsor!

Please check out his store, which is located on the corner of Mansell Road and Alpharetta Highway behind Starbucks. He has a wide selection of new and previously-thrown discs from virtually every manufacturer out there. It's also a great place to purge your bag of the discs you know you won't throw again - and get some cash out of the deal.

PIAS Logo_001
Last edited by joyaman on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Online Registration Closes Thursday, April19th!

Please sign up NOW if you are planning to play in the 2012 Dogfest tournament

THERE WILL BE NO DAY-OF REGISTRATIONS

You can pay online: http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1332934589 - or -

In-person @ Wills dubs (no fee) - or -

via PayPal (no fee) send to: chfoley@gmail.com
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:54 pm

All of the REC tees are now marked with paint, and the Bunc-r lines are up on #6 so everyone can start practicing high skips and spike hyzers to make sure you're past the lines. I also stacked two bails behind the middle flag where the barrier will be on #6. They'll be two-high in the middle, tapering to one-high toward the two outside flags. The plan is to have all the bales stacked in the marked area (between the three red flags) in time for Wills Dubs on Wednesday, April 18th.

Dogfest 2012 T-Shirts will be on sale at the event for $20. Nathan Skinner is doing the artwork and DiskStalker (Thanks Dave) is printing them. I'll post the artwork as soon as I get it from Nathan. You can also get a T-Shirt by being either a Hole Sponsor ($25) or a T-Shirt Sponsor ($20). There will also be a few T-Shirts as part of the Am payout, and every division winner gets one as well.

Update as of 19-April:

Dogfest 2012 T-shirts Now Available

Dogfest T-Shirts with this logo on the front (smaller - left side) and back (large, detailed) on the back - pictures posted below. Get yours now or at the tourney ($20) to have the proceeds added right back into the payout!

df12_ts_front

df12_ts_back

ChrisF
Last edited by joyaman on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:10 pm

EXPLAINING THE DELAY IN POSTING FOR ONLINE REGISTRATIONS

Thanks to everyone that has signed up online so far. Several of you have asked about why the online registrations haven't been posted on the PDGA site yet, so I thought I'd explain the process for those of you that haven't experienced it first-hand as a TD or as a long-time registrant:

First of all, the PDGA uses a thrid-party to run the PDGA Store where the registrations take place, so when you first register and pay online, the information and the money are in their hands. They then wait to send the names, PDGA numbers, divisions, and add-on buy-ins like CTPs, Ace Fund and Hole Sponsorship information to the TDs in batches. Accordingly, the lag between registering online and seeing your name on the PDGA tournament listing can be anywhere from a few days to more than a week. I don't exactly know what their criteria is for sending the batches of registrations is. Perhaps Keith could shed some light here.

Once the TD receives a batch of registrations (in an Excel spreadsheet), it his/her responsibility to upload the new registrations to the PDGA site. This can also add some time to the process. My policy as a TD is to upload the data as soon as I get it. I also upload in-person or PayPal registrations as soon as I can (although sometimes I'm still waiting on a division choice in these situations).

Hope this clears things up for some of you, especially those of you that have signed up in the last week or so, as I'm still waiting on the next batch to arrive. I know from talking to many of you that you've already registered, and are still waiting to see your name (and your competitor's names, divisions, etc...) up on the PDGA site. Thanks for your patience with this process.

-ChrisF
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:07 am

Shout outs to the following Dogfest 2012 Sponsors,
who have helped us budge the added cash over the $600 mark:

Play It Again Sports - Roswell - Title Sponsor
Cigar Merchant - Roswell - Scorecard Sponsor
Disc Stalker - Lawrenceville - Official T-Shirt & Mini Sponsor/Producer
Jet's Pizza - Alpharetta Highway - Catering Sponsor
PGA Tour Superstore - General Sponsor
Birdie Bags - Hole Sponsor (If you aint baggin', you must be laggin')
Discman DGS - Hole Sponsor
Hugh Torbit - Hole Sponsor
Barry Arnson - Hole Sponsor
Scott & Ari Walker - Hole Sponsor
Future World Champion LORELEI JOHNSON #13697 - Hole Sponsor
Show Dough - Disc Golf Designs - Hole and Artwork Sponsor
Aaron Dean - T-Shirt Sponsor
Lee Sjoholm - Hole Sponsor
Adam Ray - Hole Sponsor

Thanks to all the sponsors for their support!

-ChrisF
Last edited by joyaman on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby Bootsie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 pm

shaping up nicely
Bootsie
Pro Plastic

Postby joyaman » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:51 am

Dogfest T-Shirt Artwork...

http://flic.kr/p/bxywJN

Another awesome design from Nathan Skinner's Show Dough Disc Golf Designs. The T-Shirts featuring this artwork are on sale now for $20 and will go out to all Dogfest sponsors and Division winners. Get yours while you can.
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Jet's Pizza - Alpharetta Highway signs on as Dogfest 2012 Catering Sponsor

Lunch options have now gone up several notches as Ron and Dan of Jet's Pizza on Alpharetta Highway (right around the corner from Wills Park) has stepped up to be our exclusive Catering Sponsor for this year's tourney. This is a relationship that we'll hope to renew in future years, as Jets has by far and away the best deep-dish, sicilian-style pie in Atlanta in addition to great subs, Jet's Boats (like a calzone) and Deli Boats (like a sub in a calzone), boneless chicken wings and huge salads. My wife and I are personally addicted to their square deep-dish pizza with bacon, green peppers with the "Turbo" crust (butter, garlic and romano), which is one of eight type of crust styles that they offer for no additional charge.

We'll have their menu up soon. Jet's will be taking both pre-orders in the morning, as well as slices available for sale at Wills between rounds.
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby Sergio Martinez » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:15 am

Can you explain this? Are you talking about this being left of the creek?

"Safe 10m-diameter "Island" landing zone added in the middle of the "ocean" on #9"
Sergio Martinez
Barney

Postby joyaman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Sergio Martinez wrote:Can you explain this? Are you talking about this being left of the creek?

"Safe 10m-diameter "Island" landing zone added in the middle of the "ocean" on #9"

Yes. The safe landing zone circle will be 10 meters in diameter and will be on the left side of the creek near the edge of the ocean - with a look straight up the right alley to the pin. The circle will be painted and marked with flags. Landing there should assure most players (who can throw a putter or a roc straight) of a three on this hole.

-ChrisF
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Any interest from the ladies? I have one who is interested but only if she has some competition...
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby Weakside » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:07 pm

My wife, who has played in only one tourney (in 2009), has some interest but just like you is waiting to see if some other ladies sign up. She probably would fit best as a Rec. woman.
Weakside
Barney

Postby mrpbody33 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:45 am

Get it together ladies. This one will fill up! :D
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby joyaman » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:00 pm

CADDY BOOK NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE

If you read the print layout online it will be out of order, as it was formatted for two-sided printing.

Please post any questions you may have about OBs, Ocean on #9, Bunc-r on #6, etc...

Enjoy!

-ChrisF
Last edited by joyaman on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:43 pm

LOOKING FOR A STAND OR SLEEVE FOR A DISCATCHER PRO
If anyone knows of a stand, or is willing to sell a sleeve for a DisCatcher Pro basket, please call me ASAP. We'd like to run the new long position on #15 for Dogfest on Saturday, but have come up empty thus far. We'll also need at least one volunteer laborer to help move the log rounds off of the hill where the basket will sit. Please call or text 678-733-0180 if you can help. Thanks. -ChrisF
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:03 pm

mrpbody33 wrote:Get it together ladies. This one will fill up! :D

ONLY TWO MORE DAYS TO REGISTER FOR DOGFEST

Registrations are starting to pickup as the tourney gets closer. We've had 10 new entries in the past few days - most of which have not been posted yet at PDGA.com. This puts us in the 50s right now. Based on the verbal responses I received at GSS#2 this weekend, I'm expecting another flurry between now and Thursday when registration closes. Don't wait for the PDGA listing to hit 60 before signing up, as there's a lag between online signups and transmission to the TDs (see separate post below for why this is).

Last year we had 21 walk-ups, so with only online, mail-in or in-person registrations this year, I expect that a similar crunch will happen on Thursday. You can also sign up on WEDNESDAY at Wills Dubs (from 5:00 pm on) in the parking lot between the Rec Center and the Tennis Courts.

The course is in great shape, the food and festivities will be even better than last year, and the scores will be even hotter than the players - as 90% of the course is now in the shade.

Signup for Dogfest right now. Don't get left out!
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:16 pm

All Players Receive this Dogfest mini at Check-In!

df12_mini

Thanks to Dave at DiscStalker for producing these fine minis on Star plastic and to Nathan Skinner for his great design. I'll be using mine for both disc golf and to secure my hole cards in poker!

Dogfest 2012 T-shirts Now Available

Dogfest T-Shirts with this logo on the front (smaller - left side) and back (large, detailed) on the back - pictures posted below. Get yours now or at the tourney ($20) to have the proceeds added right back into the payout!

df12_ts_front

df12_ts_back
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Only 14 Spots Left! - Registration Closes on Thursday Afternoon

If you're planning on playing Dogfest this year, the time to act is now. Theres now a counter on the registration site which will soon tick down to 0 Left if you wait too long. I don't know exactly what time the PDGA Store will shut down registration tomorrow, but I'm told it's in the afternoon. Here's the link...

http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1332934589

It should be a good one. Quite the shootout in Mens Pro Open is shaping up. Also forgot to mention that the Bunc-r barrier on #6 was completed in time for tonight's dubs round.

Hope to see you at Wills on Saturday.
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:38 am

Weakside wrote:My wife, who has played in only one tourney (in 2009), has some interest but just like you is waiting to see if some other ladies sign up. She probably would fit best as a Rec. woman.

Kim Fisher is playing Rec and is also looking to play on card/in a division with other women. It would be nice to run such a card. I've invited three of the top Open women players in our area (Sarah Stanhope, Courtney McCoy and Rachel Conley) to play, but haven't had any luck yet pulling an Am or Pro womens division together. I'd run a womens division with just two or three players, but women are also welcome to join the current divisions as Kim did. -ChrisF
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:14 am

9 SPOTS LEFT ONLINE

Another long-time Wills Dog is in! KJ will be playing in his first PDGA event in seven years at Dogfest. Ouwoooooooo!

Still room for a few more Dogs. I know you're out there. -ChrisF
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:08 pm

REGISTRATION UPDATE:

As of 10:00 pm tonight the online registration process closed with four spots remaining. If you want one of these four spots, please send me a PM or an e-mail at chfoley@gmail.com. The spots will be filled on first-come, first-served basis - based on the time that the messages are received. If there are more people that want to play than we have slots for (72) I'll start up a wait list as needed.

Keep watching this thread if you're still trying to get in. I won't start the tournament with an empty spot if there's someone who still wants to play. -ChrisF
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby Bhuff » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:24 am

Emailed you
Bhuff
DX Plastic

Postby monsterboys76 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:35 pm

maybe i'm missing it but what time is check in at?
Greg Pothier
P SELECT
monsterboys76
Pro Plastic

Postby monsterboys76 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Never mind :oops:
Greg Pothier
P SELECT
monsterboys76
Pro Plastic

Postby joyaman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:42 pm

REGISTRATION UPDATE:

OK, ONE more spot remains. First one to call me at 678-733-0180 and bark like a Wills Dog gets it! -ChrisF
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Re-posts from the top of this thread for all of those asking about the times for Saturday morning, hole layouts, OBs, etc...:

Tournament flyer (Times, events, etc...):
Dogfest_2012_Flyer_001

Caddy Book (OBs, Ground Rules, Maps, etc...):

-ChrisF-
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:06 pm

FULL!

Yes, I made Jeremy bark like a Wills Dog! Thanks to everyone for signing up ahead of time. It really helps the tourney run smoother. Maybe this year I won't keep nodding off at the poker table.

Also ordered more Dogfest Star Minis to sell for $5 sponsorships that will stoke the payout even more. Everyone will get one in their player pack (+ a $10 PGA Tour Superstore card), but after I saw what an awesome job Dave at Disk Stalker did, I realized that one might not be enough for some folks (like me).

-ChrisF

Wait list starts here...
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby Ghazlehurst » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Pls add Dave Smith to the list and post here for opening
Ghazlehurst
Barney

Pix on Flickr

Postby 12StonesScott » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Pix at http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottwalke ... 507405590/

That's pretty much everything I shot except some obvious throwaways, with no cropping or color correction or anything. I did some editing on the selected shots I posted on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 697a032d48), but I also reduced the resolution on those to fit them within FB's guidelines and reduce transfer time. If there's anything here anyone wants, the Flickr set includes the full shot with full resolution, so download/crop/edit to your heart's content, or let me know there's a particular shot you're interested in and I'll see what I can do. Will be tied up most of Monday and on the road first thing Tuesday through Friday evening, so it may be a while before I get to it.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

DiscGolf!

Postby crguanaco7 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:55 pm

I love this sport and will love to be able to see it on tv on a sunday afternoon.It is clear that the pros needs the ams to move forward. After dogfest last saturday where the intermediate div. got 10 dollars coupons for the pga superstore as their payout. I am voting for a low entry fee(average joe can play) and trophy only.its all about expectation.The cash will be for the pros until they sustain themself.
crguanaco7
DX Plastic

Re: DiscGolf!

Postby craigd » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:46 pm

crguanaco7 wrote: After dogfest last saturday where the intermediate div. got 10 dollars coupons for the pga superstore as their payout.

Do you mean payout or player's pack? Last year's Dogfest had unusually heavy payouts for intermediate among others. I'd be surprised if anybody was payed out with PGA Superstore coupons.
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:42 pm

I guess since Q had the 60 cash money to enter and came in 2nd in a 15 person field "with big payouts" (according to Chris last WED) - he should have the money he's owed me for over 2 years waiting for me when I show up to Wills doubles on Wednesday night. :shock:

Hoping the Event went as well as my nice weekend at Hilton Head and the Savannah River arts festival went!
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Re: DiscGolf!

Postby joyaman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:50 pm

craigd wrote:
crguanaco7 wrote: After dogfest last saturday where the intermediate div. got 10 dollars coupons for the pga superstore as their payout.

Do you mean payout or player's pack? Last year's Dogfest had unusually heavy payouts for intermediate among others. I'd be surprised if anybody was payed out with PGA Superstore coupons.

Craig:

We were a bit top-heavy with merchandise in the Am divisions this year, as most received a mixture of Campbell bucks, T-Shirts, Dogfest Minis and PGATSS cards - depending on where they placed. Everyone registered for the event (72 players) got a players pack that included a $10 PGATSS card and a Tournament Stamp Star mini.

Hope to see you and Justin at next year's event. -ChrisF
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks to everyone who played in and supported Dogfest this year

We reached a new high-water mark with 75 players, with three players coming from North Carolina, two from Tennessee, two from Augusta and five from Athens. As many as 18 players played in their first PDGA event. Many of these players were playing in their first-ever disc golf tourney of any type.

On the scoring side, the two layouts proved to be challenging enough for what's normally highly-deucable course for casual play. Josh Childs took Open by six strokes, and his winning total of 92 was one of only four sub-100 scores for either layout. I'm still reviewing the cards themselves to see how folks fared on the two feature holes, #6 and #9 and will post these stats at some point.

Thanks also to Brett Porter for working the board, the cards and the payout. I'd be lost without him. With Brett's additonal help on Sunday, I was able to file the final TD report with the PDGA today (Monday), which will expedite the inclusion of the Dogfest results into the PDGA ratings process.

Wes Campbell also stepped up again to help us promote the tournament and deal with the payout.

Special thanks go out to first-time tournament players (in Advanced no less) Mason Clements, Bobby Bausum and Andy Fletcher, who put in the hours to help get the course prepped into it's finest condition in years (not withstanding all the months of work that Keith has contributed through the years to clear, build and maintain the course). These three up-and-coming Wills Dogs represent the future of disc golf in the area. Following in the footsteps of Jonathan Pierce and Q (who both came back to play - and cash - this year), these three young dogs are practically living at the course these days - grinding it out, getting better each day, and stepping up when asked to keep Wills clean, safe and playable.

Please send any suggestions for how we can make next year's Dogfest even better to chfoley@gmail.com . I've already resolved to take my wife's suggestion to heart and be a full-time, non-playing TD next year.

Cheers,

ChrisF
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby Bhuff » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:55 pm

joyaman wrote:
Please send any suggestions for how we can make next year's Dogfest even better to chfoley@gmail.com . I've already resolved to take my wife's suggestion to heart and be a full-time, non-playing TD next year.

I can speak for all of us Athens folks when I say we had a BLAST and really enjoyed the course...Being a pre signup only, maybe have payout figured out before the tournament so some of the longer traveling players can get on the road at a reasonable time (we finished second round at 5:45 and left right at 9). We know it wasn't anyones fault other than the spreadsheet!! Again, I really enjoyed myself and had 2 good groups. I'll be back next year, Thanks again Chris and everyone else who had a part in putting this on. How was the poker tournament?
Bhuff
DX Plastic

Postby joyaman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Bhuff wrote:
joyaman wrote:Alas, the poker didn't happen (yet) due to the prolonged cipherin' that the spreadsheet and I put Brett through. I'm definitely contemplating a rain date on that one howerver, possibly one night after Wills dubs. Glad to have such a large contingent (including weekend resident Hugh) from the Classic City, my second home. One day I will figure out how to work with the Athens Clarke County Leisure Department (love that name) to run a tourney back at the Crucible without the excessive fees and stipulations. In the mean time, expecting me to keep showing up randomly for Thursday dubs at the Creek - a course that would get more McLovin if it didn't sit in the shadow of the Crucible. -ChrisF

I can speak for all of us Athens folks when I say we had a BLAST and really enjoyed the course...Being a pre signup only, maybe have payout figured out before the tournament so some of the longer traveling players can get on the road at a reasonable time (we finished second round at 5:45 and left right at 9). We know it wasn't anyones fault other than the spreadsheet!! Again, I really enjoyed myself and had 2 good groups. I'll be back next year, Thanks again Chris and everyone else who had a part in putting this on. How was the poker tournament?
joyaman
DX Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Dude for a tourney @The Crucible I will sponsor $100 towards those fees. There's probably a line of folks ready to fork out a benji. Get the ball rolling! Jk....but seriously. Sorry to hijack ur thread!
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments