Women's Disc Golf

Delkab County - Lithonia, Ga

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Women's Disc Golf

Postby kdianich » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:07 pm

FREE WOMEN'S DISC GOLF CLINIC

All skill levels : rank Beginners to Intermediate players
We'll break out into groups so each participant can feel comfortable and get the help that is best suited to their game.

Courtney Peavy McCoy will be our local pro instructor. She is the #1 Female Pro in Georgia and is ready to sort out your drives and hone your putts!

Bring your friends, your discs and your smiling faces. We plan to have fun and increase your distance!
Newbies will get good beginner discs and help with their basic form, etiquette, rules... :D

Check back for updates about possible swag and surprise guest hosts. Should be some free discs in a players pack for all...

This will be the same time as Pnut Sunday Doubles at Redan, so guys, come play that and bring your gals to the clinic, and vice versa. It's a good time.

:?: PM me with questions, offers of support. Better to contact me by facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/338220146215595/
RSVP is there to help us figure out how much swag to get.

We'll need a whole mess of old aviars (loan or donate) for putting practice, plus a couple baskets to use,
and help setting up and signing in players before your doubles round.

Kudos to BillnChristy, Josh and Daniel at Disc Stalker for already offering help! :clap:
kdianich
Barney

Re: Women's Disc Golf

Postby Steve Adams » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:13 pm

kdianich wrote:FREE WOMEN'S DISC GOLF CLINIC

We'll break out into groups so each participant can feel comfortable and get the help that is best suited to their game.

Courtney Peavy McCoy will be our local pro instructor. She is the #1 Female Pro in Georgia and is ready to sort out your drives and hone your putts!

Bring your friends, your discs and your smiling faces. We plan to have fun and increase your distance!
Newbies will get good beginner discs and help with their basic form, etiquette, rules... :D

Check back for updates about possible swag and surprise guest hosts. Should be some free discs in a players pack for all...

This will be the same time as Pnut Sunday Doubles at Redan, so guys, come play that and bring your gals to the clinic, and vice versa. It's a good time.

:?: PM me with questions, offers of support. Better to contact me by facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/338220146215595/

We'll need a whole mess of old aviars (loan or donate) for putting practice, plus a couple baskets to use,

Kudos to BillnChristy, Josh and Daniel at Disc Stalker for already offering help! :clap:

I don't see a date listed with this. Is this happening Sunday, March 25th?
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Steve Adams wrote:
kdianich wrote:FREE WOMEN'S DISC GOLF CLINIC

I don't see a date listed with this. Is this happening Sunday, March 25th?

She posted THIS: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3790 in another thread.
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby kdianich » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:36 pm

Sorry guys, tried to direct everyone to the Facebook event page.
It's Sunday April 15th. 10am. Redan.
kdianich
Barney

Postby kdianich » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:42 am

Time to get the rest of the ladies to RSVP so we can have the clinic numbers and gear ready.

RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/3382201 ... att=iframe
If you're not on Facebook, call me to RSVP: 404-388-3996 or email: karidianich@gmail.com

Just a partial list of sponsors and their contributions:
Disc Stalker is outfitting us with multiple discs that the ladies love, including Aviars and Teebirds.
Innova is sending some beginner friendly drivers like the new Mamba, plus Blizzard Wraiths and Bosses, Sidewinders,Valkyries, Cobras and Stingrays.
The PDGA is sending the current rule books, putters and great swag.
Bill Belanger has minis and great beginner and intermediate favorites for driving, midrange and putting.

Thanks to all of you who volunteered to come early to help set up as well!

So let's get the women out.
They'll be walking away with armfuls of discs and swag,
plus some of the most useful observation and instruction available for women.

Here are some of the comments made after Courtney's last clinic for women:
"Courtney totally hooked up my putting."
"She really took the time to give each of us individual attention, and tailored her comments to each person's needs."
"Courtney watched where I was with my drives, and helped clarify some things I was wondering about, like why my drives kept going too high."
"She really helped me understand the snap that gives me more distance."
"She was so supportive; it made it really fun and relaxed."
"She made great disc recommendations that I still use."
kdianich
Barney

Return to Redan Park