USDGC

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

USDGC

Postby $Dollar$ » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:38 am

Good luck to all our GA boys playing Winthrop Gold this week. Phil DESTROYED the course during Monday qualifying to get in.

Other GA players include Micheal Burton, Pete Charlton, Bryan Huff, Pete and Pat May, and Ricky Nance.

On a side note, who is the GA State Rep this year?
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Re: USDGC

Postby mrpbody33 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:55 am

$Dollar$ wrote:On a side note, who is the GA State Rep this year?

Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby Shoe » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Hola ATL DG forum. First off, Best of luck to all of you GA players this week :!: I have not been playing tourneys much at all for a bit but I do still lurk around from time to time. I'm trying to comprehend the new and :?: improved :?: "Performance Edition" USDGC. And I'd like to check with y'all that I'm following it correctly.

So here's a hypothetical:

Phil throws a 65 round everyday for a total 260. His "projected" par is 66 (264), so he finishes 4 under. Mike Hamuka shoots a 90 everyday for a total 360. That's -2 daily to his "projected" 92 (368) par to finish at 8 under. Everyone else finishes over their "projected" pars.

Does that mean Mike beats out Phil for the win even though he took an extra 100 throws? Is the course par of 68 now meaningless?
Ka like the wind
Shoe
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Shoe wrote:Hola ATL DG forum. First off, Best of luck to all of you GA players this week :!: I have not been playing tourneys much at all for a bit but I do still lurk around from time to time. I'm trying to comprehend the new and :?: improved :?: "Performance Edition" USDGC. And I'd like to check with y'all that I'm following it correctly.

So here's a hypothetical:

Phil throws a 65 round everyday for a total 260. His "projected" par is 66 (264), so he finishes 4 under. Mike Hamuka shoots a 90 everyday for a total 360. That's -2 daily to his "projected" 92 (368) par to finish at 8 under. Everyone else finishes over their "projected" pars.

Does that mean Mike beats out Phil for the win even though he took an extra 100 throws? Is the course par of 68 now meaningless?

Yes
No - they needed the par so the could set projected scores with handicaps.
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Shoe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:15 am

keith johnson wrote:No - they needed the par so the could set projected scores with handicaps.

O Yea that makes sense, thanks. The rest although I now think I understand I still do not totally get. Would anyone feel good about "winning" even with such a differential? I'm not sure I would
Ka like the wind
Shoe
DX Plastic

Postby Randgolf » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:52 pm

I am not sure if I have met Pat May, but the PDGA site says that he is not a current member. Kind of strange that a non-current PDGA member is on the lead card of the "most important" event on the PDGA Tour. WEAK!
Randgolf

Postby atl scott » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:36 pm

I'm sure he got PDGA before the tourney. He was on our card today (as I was caddying) and have played with him before. Great guy and solid golfer. 3rd place currently! Go Patrick!
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:06 am

So, can no one tell me who is the GA rep? And if there isn't one, then why not?
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:15 am

Randgolf wrote:I am not sure if I have met Pat May, but the PDGA site says that he is not a current member. Kind of strange that a non-current PDGA member is on the lead card of the "most important" event on the PDGA Tour. WEAK!

According to the USDGC site, the only May from GA on the qualified players list was Daniel. Pete and Pat must be special. I did notice a number of names playing that aren't on the qualified list. Even one or two that tried to qualify monday but missed the cut. I wonder how what works.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby atl scott » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:55 pm

I wish I was special. Would have been more fun to play instead of caddie all week. And probably more frustrating! :shock:
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:30 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:So, can no one tell me who is the GA rep? And if there isn't one, then why not?

No one - no one asked and everybody I talked to or who was talking about it were all whining about it.

Didn't even go myself although I could have.

You'd have to ask Harold or Jonathan about the May's situation and the other questions you are asking - maybe one of them ended up as the GA rep.

When I asked what kind of qualifier to hold for the format earlier in the year to Innova, I was never given an answer.
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Bhuff » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:23 am

Wow that course really is a LOT tougher than it looks on videos and pictures...I did however learn how to play this course and what to do/not do...Leave your big arm discs at home and you will do well. Stroke plus distance really adds up and can really mess up the rest of your game. 1 or 2 holes will kill your round. I was a few under my projection on the last day going into hole 17, but played it to risky and took a 10 on 17(should of layed up). Had I played smart and just shot for par instead of trying the risky shots, my placement would of been a lot better. It was a great learning experience and I got to meet tons of people from around the world (played with Jussi Meresmaa friday). If you get the chance to play, do it!!
Bhuff
DX Plastic

Postby BATMAN11348 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:32 pm

Pete sponsors USDGC. and usually getssponsor exemption so prob how Pat played.
I AM NOT CRAZY...JUST A LITTLE BATTY
BATMAN11348
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:56 pm

USDGC = weak sauce

Projected pars?? lame
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby grease » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:27 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:According to the USDGC site, the only May from GA on the qualified players list was Daniel. Pete and Pat must be special.

Pete IS special. He creates special divisions and new PDGA rules to allow him to win a championship. He probably created a spot reserved exclusively for Ex-Olympic Ping Pong players and 1 close relative.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby kade.erp » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:01 pm

grease wrote:
$Dollar$ wrote:According to the USDGC site, the only May from GA on the qualified players list was Daniel. Pete and Pat must be special.

Pete IS special. He creates special divisions and new PDGA rules to allow him to win a championship. He probably created a spot reserved exclusively for Ex-Olympic Ping Pong players and 1 close relative.

Word around North Carolina is that jeremy koling was a former Olympic :shifty: ping pong player, he didn't get in. Get your facts straight Grease.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby Cha Ching » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:37 am

Kade lurks! :lol:
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:28 am

Carolinians can't even drive. What would they know about ping pong?
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby atl scott » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:35 am

grease wrote:Carolinians can't even drive. What would they know about ping pong?

I officially challenge you to a ping pong match at PPIC. IN!
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:04 pm

atl scott wrote:
grease wrote:Carolinians can't even drive. What would they know about ping pong?

I officially challenge you to a ping pong match at PPIC. IN!

:shock: Things just got real! :shock:
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments