PDGA Championships at IDGC - September 23-25 PDGA MAJOR

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

PDGA Championships at IDGC - September 23-25 PDGA MAJOR

Postby Ridesbrd » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:31 pm

http://www.pdga.com/pdga-championships

Registration is now open to all PDGA members:
http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore ... 1310577815

Hope to see you guys here, we have been doing a ton of work on the courses!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Re: PDGA Championships at IDGC - September 23-25 PDGA MAJO

Postby Cha Ching » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:00 pm

:cry:
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby Bomber » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:57 pm

So say somebodies player rating was 933, does this mean they can't play in this event? If so thats pretty ridiculous. A player rating doesn't even have to do with any aspect of a players true potential. A person with a 800 play rating has just as great of a chance winning. The player ratings are determined by a system that doesn't really even determine how good a player is. For example: I have finished second in a tourney and both round ratings were way below mine. Your round rating is determined on how the pros do. So keeping people out is actually hurting the tournament more than anything.
Bomber
Barney

Postby atl scott » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Bomber wrote:So say somebodies player rating was 933, does this mean they can't play in this event? If so thats pretty ridiculous. A player rating doesn't even have to do with any aspect of a players true potential. A person with a 800 play rating has just as great of a chance winning. The player ratings are determined by a system that doesn't really even determine how good a player is. For example: I have finished second in a tourney and both round ratings were way below mine. Your round rating is determined on how the pros do. So keeping people out is actually hurting the tournament more than anything.

Whoa chill out man. Anyone can play. Invites were sent to players above 935 but it is now open to everyone. And no, people with an 800 rating aren't likely to win this tournament at all. Ratings don't determine how good you are, they just tell the story of how you played compared to everyone else. Hope to see you out there.
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby Cha Ching » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:44 pm

atl scott wrote:
Whoa chill out man. Anyone can play. Invites were sent to players above 935 but it is now open to everyone. And no, people with an 800 rating aren't likely to win this tournament at all. Ratings don't determine how good you are, they just tell the story of how you played compared to everyone else. Hope to see you out there.

Awesome! Guess i should read a bit closer next time :!:
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby Bomber » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:03 pm

Yeah Mark. Hahaha.
Bomber
Barney

Postby Bomber » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:06 pm

I wish I coils come though. I really want to but I'm playing the U.S. Am. Doubles in Charlotte and my mom won't let me miss school. :'(
Bomber
Barney

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:43 pm

The PDGA Championship online registration deadline has been extended though Wednesday September 21st. We will not be taking any day of registration for this event.

http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore ... 1310577815
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments