New Doubles Format starting July 10th

Forsyth County - Cumming, Ga

Moderators: WC, ADGO BOD

New Doubles Format starting July 10th

Postby Funky Bobby J » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:11 am

Starting on Sunday July 10th, CP doubles will change. In an effort to entice more casual players to come up and try CP dubs, we are reducing the cost back down to original levels. The cost will be :

Total Action $12 BASIC Action: $7 (It was $20 for total and $12 for basic)
$1 for the Park,
$1 for the Club,
$1 for Ace Fund,
3 Cash CTP's... (The shortest CTP will be a DOUBLE – meaning 2 bucks from every player goes in for that CTP)
$5 for the payout
Random Draw - all skill levels welcome

If you have not played Central Park in a while, come out to dubs and play the new layout. The fairways back in the new wooded holes have been recently mowed and a lot of work has been done. The course has as much variety as any in the metro area and the flow is much improved (much less walking green to tee).

Hope to see you out here!!!
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Re: New Doubles Format starting July 10th

Postby Dale H » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:30 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:Starting on Sunday July 10th, CP doubles will change. In an effort to entice more casual players to come up and try CP dubs, we are reducing the cost back down to original levels. The cost will be :

Total Action $12 BASIC Action: $7 (It was $20 for total and $12 for basic)
$1 for the Park,
$1 for the Club,
$1 for Ace Fund,
3 Cash CTP's... (The shortest CTP will be a DOUBLE – meaning 2 bucks from every player goes in for that CTP)
$5 for the payout
Random Draw - all skill levels welcome

If you have not played Central Park in a while, come out to dubs and play the new layout. The fairways back in the new wooded holes have been recently mowed and a lot of work has been done. The course has as much variety as any in the metro area and the flow is much improved (much less walking green to tee).

Hope to see you out here!!!

The format for July 10th will be 27 holes from the red tee pads, with a shot gun start format, so you will be home in plenty of time for dinner.

We draw for doubles partners at 4 PM, get there at 3:30 and shop Wes Campbell's mobile boutique. Wes has all the latest discs in all weights, plastics, colors; bags, caps, towels, gadgets etc. You get to see and feel the discs before you buy and you won't have to pay shipping costs. You can even replace that old Whippet that you shattered last winter on #6 at ERP.
Dale H
DX Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:28 am

Cody wins dubs on 7/10 as Odd Dog - 15 down for 27 red.

July 17th is a Mixed tee format (red, white, and blue). Discman DGS is throwing in a free CTP this week. Signup by the practice basket at 3:30, random draw at 4:00. (12 dollars for all in, 7 dollars minimum buy-in). All skill levels welcome.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Duke » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:06 am

Tee time still @4?
Duke
Barney

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 am

27 Red this Sunday at 4:00. We will have a free CTP or two - likely some mimes, bounce castle, petting zoo and a cotton candy machine....well free CTPs anyway.

Hope to see a good crowd out there again. Sign up starts at 3:30 - draw them up at 4:00 - all skill levels welcome.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Don't you think you should reschedule since there's action at McCurry this Sunday? Being in such close proximity could mess with attendance at either doubles. Please think about the ramifications and act accordingly on this.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Being that McCurry starts at 10 - should be ample time to play McCurry, catch a plane at Hartsfield Jackson and fly in for the action at Central at 4. As they are not classified as "destination" courses - we should be okay. I am not sure how or who comes up with the classification or if it something a course must apply for, but will submit my application as soon as I learn of the process. If we get the classification before McCurry - we should be able to shut down their Sunday action as we were here first.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Oh you guys. Do you need to remind you about the disc golf barrier known as I-20? :(
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby grease » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:01 pm

If you didn't recognize, that was just a joke and hope it didn't get anyone's skivies wadded up.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:52 pm

grease wrote:If you didn't recognize, that was just a joke and hope it didn't get anyone's skivies wadded up.

Well maybe we hope it got one person's a little bunged - but he is in Callie :lol:
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:03 am

Yeah, they can't read this &^*@%$ in Callie.
Woodrow

Postby grease » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:33 pm

A "destination " course is a course that you are going to. I.e. I am going to play White Oak, so that;s my destination course. Or after work, my destination is home, so that becomes my destination house. So, to get that classification, all you have to do is go there.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Funky Bobby J » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:47 pm

grease wrote:A "destination " course is a course that you are going to. I.e. I am going to play White Oak, so that;s my destination course. Or after work, my destination is home, so that becomes my destination house. So, to get that classification, all you have to do is go there.

Then why would the mastermind single out (or double out) Lula and Monticello? I think it is like knighthood and it is ordained by a higher disc golf power - not bestowed by the masses of DG serfs. I figured that it was either that or an application process that takes a long time. Maybe you can check with Luke and see what he did to get "destination" course status.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:Then why would the mastermind single out (or double out) Lula and Monticello? I think it is like knighthood and it is ordained by a higher disc golf power - not bestowed by the masses of DG serfs. I figured that it was either that or an application process that takes a long time. Maybe you can check with Luke and see what he did to get "destination" course status.

Cause Kieth thought of it first then knighted Monty.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Funky Bobby J » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Looking for a good crowd at Central Sunday - at least one free CTP - hope to see you here!
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:38 am

9 Players
Dave Kenney and Cody Brittain take it on a solid 18 down for 27 red on a very blustery day. Q and Wes at 16 down finished second.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Return to Central Park