Monty Dubs IX Layout, CTP/LP list, and distances

Jasper County - Monticello, Ga

Moderators: luke, ADGO BOD

Monty Dubs IX Layout, CTP/LP list, and distances

Postby luke » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:36 pm

]As of now I lack the distance on several holes. Here's what I do have.

Both Rounds From the LONG Red Tees.

1. 295' ctp
2. 306' ctp
3. 241’ ctp
4. 203' ctp
5. 271' ctp Creek is ob when disc is surrounded by water
6. 400 ctp Creek is ob when disc is surrounded by water NEW HOLE: downhill, runs into the creek then slight righty hyzer parallel with the creek for the last 140'.
7. 391 par 4 Long Putt new hole: Long, slight uphill grade with fairway options. Triplets of sweetgums fill the middle of the fairway, leaving three routes. It's a fairly straight hole.
8. 270' ctp old 6
9. 235' ctp new hole: lefty hyzer route to green protected by a few pines on the left side; early part of throw has pines on right side
10. 376' LP old 7
11. 465’ LP Par 4 old 8
12. 290' ctp old 10
13. 372' LP new hole: straight fairway clean of trees, at the end turns into a righty-hyzer downhill shot. Basket is on a slight slope.
14. 350' LP new; straight shot, low ceiling off the tee. Uneven ground on fairway--shule on left and right off tee, then opens up after 275+, shule slightly downhill and right of the basket. Basket is on the edge of a depression. Too far right = in the depression and probably trouble. Hole probably slightly favors a lefty.
15. 312' ctp new straight shot across low area and dry creek to basket on hill on other side, protected by pines. Hole slightly favors the righty.
16. 395' LP new Long straight first part of fairway, then left hook at the end through "Pete's corner". Very tough 2.
17. 222' ctp revived! The old "Woodpile" hole Very slightly uphill, short lefty hyzer, basket well-guarded by trees and woodpile. Log fence is helpful in kicking low drives toward basket.
18. 186’ CTP This is the trailer hole. OB: Completely beyond the fence on the right or completely surrounded by road beyond the basket. This is the only ob on the course that you're likely to hit (ok, there's ob to the left of one, but you really have to righty griplock to get out there.

Preliminary addition = 5, 580 feet. Par is an uncertain 56.

Notes
1. No two meter rule at the Monty.
2. At halftime, leave your scorecard in the box on the table if no one is present.
3. All ctp’s are buy in, so do not move one unless you have bought in.
4. Playing from the long Red tees (some tees are both red and orange; those are long)
5. No cigarette butts! Pick your junk up.
6. City park, so alcohol is forbidden. If you happen to see beer cans on the ground, please do not leave them.
7. Ace fund---if there are no aces, the ace fund goes to the course.
8. Thanks to: those that helped this time (Daniel May, Grease, Pete, Randy, Clunck, Benton, and Wes for letting me use the giant golf cart.)
9. You are welcome to swim at my house after the first and second rounds. At my house I will announce when I’m leaving, so no one will risk being late.
luke
Star Plastic

Re: Monty Dubs IX Layout, CTP/LP list, and some distances

Postby luke » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Dan May is on his way
to get measurements
for our merriment
they will be posted later
so don't be a hater
alligator.

(disc golf work poetry, influenced by the great western cowboy poetry tradition.)
luke
Star Plastic

Re: Monty Dubs IX Layout, CTP/LP list, and distances

Postby luke » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:55 pm

Dan did it! The measurements have all been added in. Course total length at this layout in the long is 5580.
luke
Star Plastic

Re: Monty Dubs IX Layout, CTP/LP list, and distances

Postby Funky Bobby J » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:25 am

Great Hole descriptions - now if you could post the overhead flyby video of each hole, with narration in a british accent - you'll be ready for primetime - looking forward to seeing the new layout.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Return to The Monty