Oregon Park $2 Tuesday Doubles

Cobb County - Marietta, Ga

Moderators: kurt, Lewis, ADGO BOD

Oregon Park $2 Tuesday Doubles

Postby BP » Fri May 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Cobb Disc Golf Club $2 Tuesday (beginner) Doubles

Start Time: 6:00PM

We pair (as close as possible) up novice players with more advanced players to help advance the novice players in the area!

Buy-In: $2 ($1 to club - $1 to pay out) No Ace Fund
Payout: All payout funds to winner

We meet at Swingtime which is the old driving range building about 200 yards from the Oregon Park entrance on Old Hamilton Road
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
http://www.disccaddie.com
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Re: Oregon Park $2 Tuesday Doubles

Postby O4PETESAKE » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:12 pm

It would be awesome if some you people weren't too chicken to come out to the original Tuesday Doubles Action at White Oak. Are you afraid of multiple opportunities to win cash? You don't gotta win it all...maybe you'd win a ctp, and cash in big! Bob alleges this action is for beginners, but his post clearly talks about pairing up Barney's (like Eldridge :lol: ), with advanced players. I know some of you OP OG's are better at this game than me, so stop making excuses.
Disc
Golf, WO 30157
O4PETESAKE
Pro Plastic

Postby millayday » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Yeah I still call shenanigans on OP tuesday dubs. OP is the closest course to me and I love playing there, but there was no reason whatsoever to conflict with White Oaks action 15 minutes down the road. I've been to one Tuesday at OP since its inception and was greeted by many of the same faces that I normally see on Thursday, even though the action is allegedly catered to "beginners". That leaves several handicapped teams (adv/barney) facing adv/adv pairings, which hardly seems fair. Although I'm sure if OP moved their tuesday action that White Oak might only see a few new faces, it would still be nice. Love what's bein done out at OP right now, but White Oak had Tuesdays first. Plus it starts at 6:30, so anyone who could make it to OP by 6 could definitely make WO action. Just my two cents, but no one ever pays me more than lip service when asking for help/suggestions at OP anyways so why would this be different
millayday
DX Plastic

Postby BP » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:55 pm

O4PETESAKE wrote:Bob alleges this action is for beginners, but his post clearly talks about pairing up Barney's (like Eldridge :lol: ), with advanced players.

Feel free to stop by and check out our "advanced" players on a Tuesday :shock:
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby BP » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:05 pm

You may see "some" of the same faces on Thursday however I'd like for someone to rank the players they are familiar with on Tuesdays. I'd say that maybe 2-3 players would qualify for the advanced category with 80% - 90%+ being intermediate to rec. Agreed, I'm not sure that a change would provide WO with more players but we're willing to discuss the option. Regardless of the levels of players involved I'll make sure we discuss during our next meeting as the only other option would be Monday as I'm sure we won't want to have back-to-back action at OP.

If you could get Grease to agree to allow us to use his likeness as the OP mascot that might help your chances... :mrgreen:

millayday wrote:Yeah I still call shenanigans on OP tuesday dubs. OP is the closest course to me and I love playing there, but there was no reason whatsoever to conflict with White Oaks action 15 minutes down the road. I've been to one Tuesday at OP since its inception and was greeted by many of the same faces that I normally see on Thursday, even though the action is allegedly catered to "beginners". That leaves several handicapped teams (adv/barney) facing adv/adv pairings, which hardly seems fair. Although I'm sure if OP moved their tuesday action that White Oak might only see a few new faces, it would still be nice. Love what's bein done out at OP right now, but White Oak had Tuesdays first. Plus it starts at 6:30, so anyone who could make it to OP by 6 could definitely make WO action. Just my two cents, but no one ever pays me more than lip service when asking for help/suggestions at OP anyways so why would this be different
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:08 am

BP wrote:If you could get Grease to agree to allow us to use his likeness as the OP mascot that might help your chances... :mrgreen:

It worked for Deerlick!
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby O4PETESAKE » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:25 pm

I think Bob is probably right. whether OP moves to Monday, or White Oak moves to Monday...the chickens still gotta cross the road. I was calling for some people to man-up, but I will wait and welcome them if that day ever comes. :twisted:
Disc
Golf, WO 30157
O4PETESAKE
Pro Plastic

Postby craigd » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:27 pm

I'll give it a try! I have to go to a work thing next Tuesday but would like to be there the following Tuesday. How many many folks usually show up?
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby O4PETESAKE » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:21 am

This year, the attendance has been around 8 people, but last year we averaged double. I guess people aren't hyped like when it was brand new. For the folks that have been there regularly, I wish there was more money to pay out, because I know that gas isn't cheap these days. Maybe I can start bringing cookies and juice for a consolation prize. Anyway, Once the ace pot gets a little bigger, so will some people's eyes.... we are at $34 and counting.
Disc
Golf, WO 30157
O4PETESAKE
Pro Plastic

Postby Lewis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:15 pm

I would enjoy giving White Oak dubs a try but I work late Sunday-Wednesday in Roswell and White Oak is a 50+ minute drive from my house. :(

As it is with wedding planning and keeping the fiancee happy, I feel pretty good about being able to make some Thursdays at OP. She is going to give disc golf a try actually, which is pretty cool. :)
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Postby ScottyD » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Do you folks still do this? would love to play sometime
ScottyD
Barney

Postby kurt » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:00 pm

hey scottyd
they are still doing tuesday night and thursday night doubles
tuesday is sort of pro/am random draw
thursday is straight random draw
would welcome more participants at either event
"Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort."
He says, "Oh,there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."
So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.
kurt
Barney

Postby ScottyD » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Cool Im gonna come out tonight and play in the rain! haha
ScottyD
Barney

Return to Oregon Park