Disc Golf In Tallahassee

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Disc Golf In Tallahassee

Postby Dale H » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:59 am

I need a recommendation on where to play....

Traveling through Tallahassee next week and see two courses in the area: Jim McLean Park and Tom Brown Park, both have 24 holes. Any recommendations from ADGO on which one to play if you could only get one round of 24 in?

Thanks in advance.

Dale
Dale H
DX Plastic

Re: Disc Golf In Tallahassee

Postby Rubiks » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:17 pm

If you want an ERP meets Perkerson style challenge, then play McLean. McLean is very wooded, very tight, and not so beginner friendly.

If you want a fun Alexander/Wills Park type of course, go play Tom Brown. Tom Brown is more open and forgiving, and still fun, but is often overcrowded with casual players from FSU.
Support Collegiate Disc Golf

National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships
Hippodrome Disc Golf Complex
April 12-15, 2012 in North Augusta, SC
Rubiks
Pro Plastic

Postby Dale H » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:28 am

Thanks for the feedback, McLean is a little closer to my location but will try to get in a round at Tom Brown if time permits. I see where they just had a B-tier event using both parks this past weekend so they are both likely in good playing shape. Thanks again!

Dale
Dale H
DX Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:17 pm

I played this past weekend. Jack McClean is in the best shape it's ever been, but Tom Brown is definitely more friendly and in a nicer area.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby Dale H » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:25 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:I played this past weekend. Jack McClean is in the best shape it's ever been, but Tom Brown is definitely more friendly and in a nicer area.

Matt, thanks for the input. I plan is to get in a round at Tom Brown, then Jim Mclean, weather and time permitting.

Dale
Dale H
DX Plastic

Postby Dale H » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Got to play both courses. Tom Brown was my favorite, good mix of long open holes and wooded, ERP-like, holes. Did not have my A-game for Jim McClean and paid the price, tight fairways, multi-shule, grueling course. I would recommend both courses highly and will play when back in the area.

Dale
Dale H
DX Plastic

Return to Q & A