Stoney Hill Challenge, PDGA C-Tier, 9/10 Apr

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Stoney Hill Challenge, PDGA C-Tier, 9/10 Apr

Postby chrissauls » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Newberry, SC

This year's event has been moved up 1 week early to April 9th - 10th to accommodate some of the players that may be traveling to some of the areas larger events. Lunches will be served on site, spaghetti dinner Saturday night, and free camping all weekend long. Details and flyer will be posted soon. Hope to see everyone there.

Visit us online at http://www.saulsinsurance.com/stoneyhill
chrissauls
Barney

Re: Stoney Hill Challenge, PDGA C-Tier, 9/10 Apr

Postby chrissauls » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:51 am

Flyer now available at

http://www.saulsinsurance.com/stoneyhill/challenge.htm

We've added two Friday activities this year---Random Draw doubles at 5:00, and pre-tournament dinner at Roma's (Greek & Italian) in Prosperity
chrissauls
Barney

Postby richardhead » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:16 am

Looking like a great weekend for some disc golf and camping! If you're not going to 'Nooga, then come check this out. Everyone that I've talked to says that Stoney Hill is a wonderful track!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby DavidSauls » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:55 am

Yeah, we moved it to the week before the Atlanta Open, and scheduled good weather, just for our Georgian friends. If you haven't visited before, come see what results when two longtime disc golfers get free reign to design and build their own course.
DavidSauls
Barney

Postby DavidSauls » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:23 am

Everyone be aware that about midday today, the TD will be heading back to 1959 where I live. No internet, iffy cellphone (but landline works fine!).

Registrations received this afternoon (or tomorrow morning) will not get posted, and scores won't get uploaded for a few days.

Chris should still be lurking around discussion boards for a while.

Otherwise, I'll see everyone this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
DavidSauls
Barney

Postby DavidSauls » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:31 am

What with the Stoney Hill Disc Golf Club being so small, we are ever so grateful to all who lent a hand. Bobby Ellisor for bringing extra coolers, Jeff Moore for picking up ice, Jay Phillips & Lauren Card for helping check scorecards, Jay Sauls for various errands (and weedeating prior to the tournament).....and most of all, Amanda Sauls for handling both lunches AND the spagetti supper
DavidSauls
Barney

Postby richardhead » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:06 am

I had a blast. Thanks to all of the Sauls crew for allowing us access to there private course. It's instantly in my Top 3 favorite courses. I can't wait to get another crack at it. You guys have created a wonderful disc golf experience!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:14 am

richardhead wrote:I had a blast. Thanks to all of the Sauls crew for allowing us access to there private course. It's instantly in my Top 3 favorite courses. I can't wait to get another crack at it. You guys have created a wonderful disc golf experience!
Ditto!!!
Woodrow

Postby DavidSauls » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Thanks to both of you for coming, and we hope you can visit us again. Stoney Hill is an endless work-in-progress, so we hope to provide bigger, better things in the future.
DavidSauls
Barney

Postby DavidSauls » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:33 am

richardhead wrote:I had a blast. Thanks to all of the Sauls crew for allowing us access to there private course. It's instantly in my Top 3 favorite courses. I can't wait to get another crack at it. You guys have created a wonderful disc golf experience!

.....and to think, you were wavering on whether to come. Think what you would have missed if you'd let the weatherman scare you off!
DavidSauls
Barney

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments