April 4-6 2008

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

April 4-6 2008

Postby Mr-Disc » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:12 pm

April 4-6
Huge event. 3 courses 3 days. live music 2 bands, camping, and much much more
Details coming soon.
Guaranteed the Largest AM player pay out in the state of Georgia in 2008.
I use to Give a dam, but now I don't give a sh!t.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby Lofstrand » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:46 pm

are you referring to Atlanta Open???
PDGA#29514
Lofstrand
Pro Plastic

Postby Mr-Disc » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:17 am

NO.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Re: April 4-6 2008

Postby cmueller » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:36 am

Mr-Disc wrote:Guaranteed the Largest AM player pay out in the state of Georgia in 2008.
That's impressive if it turns out to be true, but why have it on the same weekend as one of the biggest PDGA tournaments in GA in 2008? Clearly it will not be a PDGA sanctioned tournament, but why hold it the same weekend?
cmueller
DX Plastic

Postby Mr-Disc » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:53 am

Simple, the a-tier will sell out, and plus you have to be a current member of the pdga to compete.
also these dates work well for the courses that we are using.

We The Players Disc Golf Club hope to get players that get shut out from the ATL open to play in our event plus players that are not members of the pdga.
Our event is also AM only.

Our target group is Family participation.

With so much action going on in disc golf in the state of Georgia it's hard not to use the same dates.
Mr-Disc
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:27 am

Mr-Disc wrote:Simple, the a-tier will sell out, and plus you have to be a current member of the pdga to compete.
also these dates work well for the courses that we are using.

We The Players Disc Golf Club hope to get players that get shut out from the ATL open to play in our event plus players that are not members of the pdga.
Our event is also AM only.

Our target group is Family participation.

With so much action going on in disc golf in the state of Georgia it's hard not to use the same dates.

That's actually a very good idea, as it will give others a chance to be playing that couldn't get into the ATL Open, as Chuck is correct in the fact that it will sell out, especially the am side, probably within a couple of months at most.

I wish you well Chuck.
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby cmueller » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 pm

Mr-Disc wrote:With so much action going on in disc golf in the state of Georgia it's hard not to use the same dates.
Well, that's a good point. 2008 is going to be a busy year in North Georgia disc golf.
cmueller
DX Plastic

Postby Wookie » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:34 pm

cmueller wrote:
Mr-Disc wrote:With so much action going on in disc golf in the state of Georgia it's hard not to use the same dates.
Well, that's a good point. 2008 is going to be a busy year in North Georgia disc golf.

Yup, I am going to have one hell of a time trying to get all the monthly tag challenges in. :lol:
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:36 am

So don't do monthly challenges. Have a mandatory middle of the year tourney. Everyone has to throw tags in the mix. Then have your end of the year tourney to decide the winner. Just a suggestion. I never attended a monthly tag tourney. I play 20 sanctioned tourneys a year so who has time. I just thought it was overkill. I played tons of challenges at other tournaments and dubs. I will say thanks though for getting this thing going. It has really been fun.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:05 pm

Am only? but pro's can play in the Am division right?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Wookie » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:19 pm

You make a great point Jay. I was thinking of actually using some of the tournaments next year for the monthly's. The monthly's were really just a way to get everyone out to the different courses, and I was trying to stay one month ahead of a tournament at that course so folks could practice. They were never really serious events, just a way to mix the tags up from course to course.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:33 pm

In theory that works. I like the fact that you used tag challenges to promote new courses. Using the tournaments is a good idea. As you know most of us with tags threw them in the pot at most tourneys. Unfortunately it was never 100% organized. The result of that was you not receiveing proper updates of tag changes. Which really hinders the challenge process. All in all, first year was a success in my eyes. Keep up the great work.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments