Need Help! Disc Identity ?

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Need Help! Disc Identity ?

Postby Bornabuckeye » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Hey guys so I have bought an X-Out disc that I cannot define...

I orignally thought the disc was a Valk when i first glanced at it in the rack but Im really mistaken... The Stamp looks like a "U" or possibly a "W"- one that was written in the style that it looks like two u's toghether... real curvy. It's pretty stable, I threw it about 10 times at McCurry yesterday. It may be a wraith... but when comparing it to my wraith at home - the rim seems skinnier on the X-Out than on the wraith.... similar profile and diameter.

Would put a picture of the description under the lid if I knew how to attach a photo.
Last edited by Bornabuckeye on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
(678) 632-2397
User avatar
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Need Help! Disc Identity ?

Postby grease » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Might be a Viking.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease
Moderator
 
Posts: 2989
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Dallas, GA

Re: Need Help! Disc Identity ?

Postby heartman » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:35 pm

McCurry Action - Sundays @ 10am

Athens Disc Golf on Facebook: Group and Page

Fayette County Disc Golf Club on Facebook and Disc Golf Scene
heartman
DX Plastic
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:41 am
Location: McCurry

Re: Need Help! Disc Identity ?

Postby keith johnson » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Bornabuckeye wrote:Hey guys so I have bought an X-Out disc that I cannot define...

I orignally thought the disc was a Valk when i first glanced at it in the rack but Im really mistaken... The Stamp looks like a "U" or possibly a "W"- one that was written in the style that it looks like two u's toghether... real curvy. It's pretty stable, I threw it about 10 times at McCurry yesterday. It may be a wraith... but when comparing it to my wraith at home - the rim seems skinnier on the X-Out than on the wraith.... similar profile and diameter.

Would put a picture of the description under the lid if I knew how to attach a photo.


Vulcan if the top rim has a slope on top of disc - my first run Vulcans all have writing that looks all look as you described.
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson
Moderator
 
Posts: 4864
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:58 am
Location: in georgia

Re: Need Help! Disc Identity ?

Postby Bornabuckeye » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:50 am

keith johnson wrote:
Bornabuckeye wrote:Hey guys so I have bought an X-Out disc that I cannot define...

I orignally thought the disc was a Valk when i first glanced at it in the rack but Im really mistaken... The Stamp looks like a "U" or possibly a "W"- one that was written in the style that it looks like two u's toghether... real curvy. It's pretty stable, I threw it about 10 times at McCurry yesterday. It may be a wraith... but when comparing it to my wraith at home - the rim seems skinnier on the X-Out than on the wraith.... similar profile and diameter.

Would put a picture of the description under the lid if I knew how to attach a photo.


Vulcan if the top rim has a slope on top of disc - my first run Vulcans all have writing that looks all look as you described.




Did the measuring, 21.1-3... so Keith's Vulcan proposal is within range it also has curve/slope from middle of disc to the rim. But two concerns... 1 its in champion plastic which goes against innova's website with the Vulcan and 2. I think I'd be able to turn a Vulcan over... Lord knows im not a great thrower... but Im flip RR's, Monarchs, Wraiths, and Beasts.

Stamp can be seen on my facebook or by clicking
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 24&theater
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
(678) 632-2397
User avatar
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Need Help! Disc Identity ?

Postby grease » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:47 am

Oh...okay here we go! :roll: "Come check out the pictures on my Facebook account". Don't get sucked into that one!
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease
Moderator
 
Posts: 2989
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Dallas, GA

Re: Need Help! Disc Identity ?

Postby djester » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:17 pm

:lol:
Oldest trick in the book...
My posse's on Broadway!
User avatar
djester
Post Bagger!!
 
Posts: 2709
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:54 am
Location: local

Re: Need Help! Disc Identity ?

Postby Bornabuckeye » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:21 pm

grease wrote:Oh...okay here we go! :roll: "Come check out the pictures on my Facebook account". Don't get sucked into that one!



HaHa nice one. LOL
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
(678) 632-2397
User avatar
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:29 pm


Return to Q & A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests