2011 Junior's Disc Golf Points Series

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

2011 Junior's Disc Golf Points Series

Postby craigd » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:38 pm

We are working on a 2011 Junior's Disc Golf Series that will consist of one event (one round) per month and will run February through October; that’s 9 Juniors only events! This is a disc golf points series with awards given @ at the Finale in October. Players will earn points throughout the season based upon how they place and for attendance. Cost will be $3.00 per player and the money will go towards purchasing awards for the finale in October. We will also try to do a couple CTP's as well. We hope that the cost is low enough that even if you can't play in all or most of the events, 3 bucks is still reasonable for a junior to come out and enjoy a round and meet new friends.

For the series, players will compete in one of several age groups: 8-10 y/o, 11-13 y/o, and 14-16 y/o. Age is determined in accordance with PDGA rules and as such will be based upon how old the player will be in 2011. Players can compete in a higher age bracket, but not a lower bracket and must declare their bracket at the first event. If he/she changes brackets mid-series, he/she will lose “place” points but retain “attendance” points. Brackets are open to Boys and Girls.

January 29 @ Wills Park is a FREE causal round and will not count towards points. It is just a chance to come out and see what it's all about. I don't expect a big crowd for this one with the short notice but it should be fun. Last year our biggest group was at East Roswell Park and we had over 20 kids! I think we can double it this year if we can get the word out. We'll need everyones help with that.

We have some more work to do on the series, but the tentative dates and courses are as follows:
February 26 @ Oregon Park (old course) Series Kick off. This will be the first date to begin earning points.
March 19 @ Alexander Park
April 30 @ East Roswell Park
May 28 @ Wills Park
June 25 @ Redan Park
July 23 @ Lenora Park
August 27 @ East Roswell Park
September 24 @ Sequoyah Park
October 22 @ Oregon Park (new course) FINALE! Award ceremony and hopefully lunch to follow awards!
(Please note that courses/dates may change due to course availability and/or conflicting tournaments.)

We will be keeping up with points and scores on Disc Golf Scene, http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues/20 ... nts_Series There is also a page for the club as well, http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/Atla ... _Golf_Club

More information will follow and will be handed out at the January 29th event and via e-mail. If you’d like to assist us in planning and running the series, please let us know. We will be happy to get as many people involved as possible. If you want additional information or want to be added to the email list send us an email and let us know. atlantajuniordiscgolf@gmail.com I am on the ADGO forums pretty often so I can answer questions on here too.

Thanks!

http://www.AtlantaJuniorDiscGolf.shutterfly.com
Last edited by craigd on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Re: 2011 Junior's Disc Golf Points Series

Postby BP » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Thanks for taking your time to put this together for Junior's in Atlanta. This should help develop a few more players and spread the DG word around town!

Put me down for helping at O.P.!
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
http://www.disccaddie.com
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby craigd » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:42 pm

The casual event at Wills went well as we had 13 Juniors playing even with the short notice! Now it's time to get ready for for the points series kick off at Oregon Park on Feb 26th at 10am. We'll be playing the 18 hole "old" layout. Details of the format are in the original post. Please try to bring your junior out if you have time. It's a pretty fun event and is usually over by 12:30 or so. There are also a few adults that try to get in a round while the kids are playing so if you are interested bring your discs along too. :thumbup:

By the way, we're still planning on Alexander on March 19th but we'll probably start around noon to keep from interfering with the Saturday Morning dubs that is already scheduled there each Saturday morning.

Players list on Disc Golf Scene from the Wills event...
http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues/20 ... es/players
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:46 pm

What time will the event start on Feb. 26th at Oregon? I thought that I saw Noon, but could have been mistaken. Will the kids play 1 or 2 rounds? Thanks for the info and sorry if I missed it in a previous post! Thanks
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby craigd » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Hey Jay,

We should start around 10am and we will just be playing one round. Hope y'all make it out...
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:48 am

We will definitely be there. Thanks for the info.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby craigd » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Just a quick reminder that the Juniors are playing at Oregon Park tomorrow. One round with a tee off at 10am. Please try to sign in no later than 9:45. We'll be playing the old 18 hole layout from the white pads.
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby craigd » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:26 pm

Our first (2011 point series) event at Oregon Park event was met with a modest crowd of only 4 players. They still had a great time though. Our next event will be March 19th at Alexander Park. We are planing to start at 1pm to allow the Saturday morning dubs crowd plenty of time to clear our so we don't interfere with their play. We hope to see plenty of new faces!
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby craigd » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Quick reminder that we will be at Alex tomorrow starting at 1pm. Please try to be there no later than 12:45 to sign in.
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:51 pm

craigd wrote:Quick reminder that we will be at Alex tomorrow starting at 1pm. Please try to be there no later than 12:45 to sign in.

Ari will be there.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments