Meeks Madness IV, PDGA C-Tier, Mar 12

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Meeks Madness IV, PDGA C-Tier, Mar 12

Postby D-Wiz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:54 pm

FORMAT
Pro Divisions and Advanced - Long both rounds (new #3 round 1, original #3 round 2)
Adv. Masters, Adv. Grandmasters, Intermediate - Short Round 1, Long Round 2(original #3 long)
Rec., Novice, Intermediate Women, Juniors - Short both rounds

Meeks Website: http://meeksdiscgolf.weebly.com/meeks-madness.html

Registered Players: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/64315

Host Hotel - Season's Inn http://www.seasons-inn.com/ $50 per room plus taxes.

Meeks Park, Saturday, March 12, 2011
2 Rounds of 18 holes
Check-In: 8:30-9:30 a.m.
1st Round Tee Off: 10:00 a.m.
Lunch: One hour
2nd Round Tee Off: TBA

Wait list:
Jarrod Buffington - Rec/Int

LUNCH!!!Grinds and Glazes, a local restaurant and supporter of the tournament, will be taking lunch orders during check-in and will deliver to the course so players do not have to leave. They will also provide some dougnuts and coffee to player's in the morning as sponsorship. Please support them!Full Sandwich Basket $7 CASH ONLY
Roast Beef
Turkey
or Ham
Chips, Drink, and a cookie

Tournament Sponsors
Young Harris College, Sears of Blairsville, Rick's Rental, Primo Plastic, North Georgia Technical College, Bikes and Boards, Brodi, Innova, Grinds and Glazes

Hole Sponsors
Hugh Torbit, Athens Disc Golf, Jay Phillips, Barry Arnson, Sequoyah Snakes, Bethlehem Blind Hog Throw Down, The Disc Diva, Bill Meek, Carlos Rodriguez

CTP Sponsors
Brock Woodall
Hugh Torbit
D-Wiz

Tourney Discs
Glow Champion Firebirds - $20
Star Vulcans - $16
DX Aviars - $10
Glow Champion Leopards - $20
Last edited by D-Wiz on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:32 pm, edited 18 times in total.
promoting D-GOLF since 2007
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Re: Meeks Madness IV, PDGA C-Tier, March 12, 2011

Postby D-Wiz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:57 pm

The first official entry into this year's Meeks Madness goes to Mr. Justin Dickerson! Door prizes are a good thing...
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:26 pm

In the mail - you need to have the link go to the home page so everyone will vote for the concrete tees instead of to the entry form. :mrgreen:
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby $Dollar$ » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:13 am

I agree! I voted twice!
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:50 pm

No freezing rain this year and you got a deal! :D

Tees like last year? Rec and Jr shorts, everyone else longs?
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:11 pm

billnchristy wrote:No freezing rain this year and you got a deal! :D

Tees like last year? Rec and Jr shorts, everyone else longs?

Good question Bill, and thanks for voting Dollar and Keith. That's one of the main reasons for the Meeks website: to show county officials how many folks visit the course/site and how important concrete is to players.

I'll update the top post/website with the official tees soon, but I'm thinking at least one group will play longs and shorts this year due to player input...

Rough Draft
Pros, Adv, Int - long, long
Rec (maybe advanced grandmasters) - short, long or vice versa
Novice, Juniors, Non Pro Women - short, short

I'm open to input, so please feel free to chime in on any division... As for weather, Meeks in March will always be a :?: You're either tough or you're not :twisted:
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:15 pm

My only input would be to make sure that novice/jr/women play the same as rec to make sure there are enough propagators to get ratings.

I would also guess that the girls who play higher than rec would want to play the same as their equivilent male divs but I can't speak for them.

Voted too BTW, it will be awesome once the naked cupid statues are installed on the course. :lol:
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:09 pm

Thanks to Ryan Adams and http://athensdiscgolf.com/ for sponsoring a hole at Meeks Madness! I'll have mud-proof flyers at Perkerson this weekend...
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:06 pm

More sponsors:
Tournament Sponsors at $100
Young Harris College http://www.yhc.edu/ This is where I work. YHC has sponsored for 4 years straight! Send your children to this fine school. Mason, Phillip, Tom Greer - I'm watching you! Little Dickerson, Johnson children and others, I'll wait until you're in high school to recruit you (but start making A's now).

Sears of Blairsville http://www.searshometownstores.com/0003896.html - NATIONWIDE DELIVERY! Sears of Blairsvegas has sponsored 4 years straight! The next time you want something from Sears, call Blairsville and tell them D-Wiz sent you.

Hole Sponsors at $25
Jay Phillips - A big man with a big heart. Can be confused with Aaron Dean. Thanks for the support!
http://athensdiscgolf.com/ via Ryan Adams. Who doesn't love Athens? Great courses and people.

Now, I won't be this wordy during a player's meeting, but sign-up if you want to play! This baby fills fast near the t-shirt deadline. Go ahead and sign-up now or you will be missing the next sanctioned event in Georgia. The time will change, you will have d-golf fever, and our shirts are money each year, so don't miss out and send me your $$$!
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Not to mention the most beautiful weather!
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:21 pm

If Jay Phillips moves to Open I'll strongly consider signing up! :lol: I talked to a couple guys at GSSS 1 that said they were gonna play....maybe some names on the list would inspire more MPO playas to sign up!
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 pm

How about adding yours? That would be a start plus putting your money where your mouth is instead of waiting to see who else signs up first. Maybe by signing up before everyone else, they would see a high profile player like yourself and want to sign up just to maybe have the privilege to play with you. Help Matthew out, Dollar.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby richardhead » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:58 am

Jay Phillips has played 5 rounds of golf since October and he won't be donating in the Open division anytime soon. After being laid up for 7 weeks with a busted back, dealing with a mother who should have died in a car wreck, and looking for a job, I haven't had anytime to play. You hate Meeks anyway Dollar, so why worry about it? No overhand lanes=No interest from $$$$!!!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:13 am

Hate is such a strong word. I hate kitty litter!

You are right about minimum thumber action at meeks, but what if I have embraced my backhand?!?!?

BTW=I just wanna get some pros stirred up for this, it's too far of a drive from Macon to not have a division.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Trash talk isn't a bad thing until somebody gets hurt :twisted: Dollar, I'm with you on the kitty litter. Patience grasshopper, patience...

More sponsors! Some folks have really stepped up this year, and I am very thankful! With down economy talk everywhere, it's nice that the sponsors are shining on Meeks this year. Maybe the weather will too...

Tournament Sponsors at $100
Primo Plastic a.k.a. Greg "Grease" Campbell - Grease has sponsored 3 years straight! Sometimes, he even wins back his sponsor money!

Bikes and Boards - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blairsville-Bikes-Boards/287196964928 - A new tournament sponsor that sells discs, bikes, and skateboards in downtown Blairsville. Really good guy and supportive of local d-golf!

North Georgia Technical College - http://www.northgatech.edu/ A new tournament sponsor. Meeks is in the backyard of the Blairsville campus. When this tourney is a two-dayer, we are going to sweet talk them for an alternate pin on hole # 5 :shock:

More Hole Sponsors at $25
Sequoyah Snakes - Just some good ole' boys. Thanks to the snakes for sponsoring hole 18!
Hugh Torbit - Old School Meeker and local even though he is from Florida and lives in NC. Watch out for Hugh this year!

Thanks again to ALL the sponsors!
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:39 pm

More sponsors!

Hole Sponsor
Tim Petrea aka TD of the Bethlehem Blind Hog Throw Down. Thanks for your support!

CTP Sponsor - Brock Woodall aka Mr. Birdie Bag himself. Brock has donated 18 birdie bags as card CTP's during round one.
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Re: Meeks Madness IV, PDGA C-Tier, Mar 12

Postby D-Wiz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:23 pm

Newest hole sponsor is Mr. Barry Arnson! Thank you!

Only 7 days until t-shirt deadline! Sign-ups are slow but last year the tourney filled during the upcoming week. This year, the shirt will be gray with the tournament colors found at: http://meeksdiscgolf.weebly.com/meeks-madness.html Our Meeks Man is missing a tooth this year and we are missing some players so sign-up if you plan to play!

Host Hotel is Season's Inn with a player rate of $50 plus taxes http://www.seasons-inn.com

Pre-registration is encouraged and appreciated.
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby mdickins » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:00 pm

Hey all,

mash is up on his trash talk, but not on his coding skills so he ask me to post this. THE MEEKS TOURNEY DISCS ARE IN! let him know of your choice before the stack is released to the masses the day of the tourney. i saw them yesterday (after I spanked him from the long tees) and they're looking sharp! talk to him about the specs, but there are some Aviars, Vulcans, and (i believe) Sidewinders.

mdickins
Barney

Postby D-Wiz » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Thanks to Innova for a job well done! Some of you Innova haters, please hang on to your money...you'll need it for gas.

23 Spots left. 3 Days until T-shirt deadline.

Discs available:

DX Aviars $10
Glow Firebirds (X) - $20
Glow Sidewinders - $20
Glow Leopards- $20
Star Vulcans - $16

Email, phone, or pm if you would like to reserve. Thanks for your support!
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby htorbit » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:02 pm

The Meeks fundraiser discs are sweet. Especially the flat glo champ firebirds. I went crazy buying some last night.
Get yours now so the payouts for Ams and Pro Masters can be even bigger since it seems pros are scared of Meeks and will miss out!
htorbit
DX Plastic

Postby The Disc Diva » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:41 pm

10 Days Out and still not sold out! What is the hold up everyone? For those that have never played or don't remember, Meeks is an awesome tournament!!!

In the past 3 years we have seen Snow, Wind, and Cold, we are due for some great weather...

How many tournaments give you a sweet a$$ long sleeve tee just for playing? (you have seen them worn by many at tournaments throughout the south)

How many consistently pay DEEEEEEEEPPPPPP into the field?

How many pimp hotties from the local college to work registration?

Meeks Madness can put a check by all of those!

Meeks is also growing in sponsors every year, this year included!!!

Mashburn works his a$$ for this tourney every year trying to think of ways to make it better, trips to Rock Hill and back, getting extra sponsors, subtle changes to the artwork, adding trophies (new this year), and more that is not being announced yet, and this year he does it all while his awesome and patient wife is 6 months pregnant. So this may be the last D-Golf DWiz sees for a while.

So sign up today!!!

The Disc Diva Has Spoken!!!!
Making D-Golf look good since 2007
The Disc Diva
Barney

Postby IMPRESARIO » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:25 pm

4 Macon Aces will be in Attendance. Mashburn can brag to the local Sponsors that your truly stimulating the local economy considering we just booked a cabin and are bringing a group of 11 to the Blairsville area. Which allows me to say ... Many of you need to make the trip March 19th to Macon for the
Fish N Pig Moonlight Classic. 2 Rounds of disc golf, 2nd round Glow round. Low Country Boil and Keg of Sweetwater included. 2011 Champ to join past winners on the trophy at the Fish N Pig.
IMPRESARIO
Pro Plastic

Postby Cyoda44 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm in! I can't wait to come play.... hoping to bring a few more with me.
Cyoda44
Barney

Postby Wookie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:56 pm

IMPRESARIO wrote: 2011 Champ to join past winners on the trophy at the Fish N Pig.

I have seen the trophy at the restaurant and it is pretty cool. I think I might have even taken a picture of it. :mrgreen:
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:58 pm

10 Spots left. Online only. Reminder that t-shirt deadline is Friday, March 4.
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby Wookie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:17 am

only 9 left now. :mrgreen:

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:09 pm

Meeks Madness if full! AM-Tastic!!!

All Pro Masters and the one open player will also receive a tournament t-shirt for their support.

Even More Sponsors!
Rick's Rental $100
Carlos Rodriguez $25
Bill Meek $25
The Disc Diva $25

That takes Meeks Madness to it's most added cash in four years! Thanks to all that signed up and to all our sponsors!
Last edited by D-Wiz on Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:23 am

Wait list:

Jim Corder - Pro Masters
Tim Grubbs - INT

Reminder, the following are the layouts for each division. If you want to division hop, please let me know ASAP.

FORMAT
Pro Divisions and Advanced - Long both rounds (new #3 round 1, original #3 round 2)
Adv. Masters, Adv. Grandmasters, Intermediate - Short Round 1, Long Round 2 (original #3 long by the pavillion)
Rec., Novice, Intermediate Women, Juniors - Short both rounds

LUNCH!!!Grinds and Glazes, a local restaurant and supporter of the tournament, will be taking lunch orders during check-in and will deliver to the course so players do not have to leave. They will also provide some dougnuts and coffee to player's in the morning as sponsorship. Please support them!
Full Sandwich Basket $7 CASH ONLY
Roast Beef
Turkey
or Ham
Chips, Drink, and a cookie
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby IMPRESARIO » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:14 pm

D-Wiz wrote:Reminder, the following are the layouts for each division. If you want to division hop, please let me know ASAP.

Rookie Question:

Will the Rec players get a rating since they are playing a different format than the pros? If not, I want to move up to Intermediate.
IMPRESARIO
Pro Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:30 pm

IMPRESARIO wrote:
D-Wiz wrote:Reminder, the following are the layouts for each division. If you want to division hop, please let me know ASAP.

Rookie Question:

Will the Rec players get a rating since they are playing a different format than the pros? If not, I want to move up to Intermediate.

Yes. Rec, Novice, Int. Women, and Juniors should get unoffical ratings and official ratings since all are playing the same tees. Everyone should be good to go. If I'm mistaken, Bill Belanger will straighten me out...
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:53 pm

When did I become prop-master to the suckos? :lol:

I talked to Chuck and I don't count as one because I had a round under 800 but there were 4 others and one of the dudes who signed up is also.

He said no matter what there will be official ratings because they will use both rounds to create the ratings.

So, good to go.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Top post updated with most current tournament information...looks like we might have some good weather this year :D
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby DaltonDiscMan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:15 pm

D-Wiz wrote:Top post updated with most current tournament information...looks like we might have some good weather this year :D

OH NO!!

Matty,

I really hope you did not just jinx yourself!!
DaltonDiscMan
DX Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:16 pm

I think good weather for MM is mid 30s, gale force winds and freezing rain.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Wookie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:34 pm

Wiz-Give me a shout. I have to bail on the tourney. I was going to call you earlier but I found out last minute that I had to come to NC for the week/weekend and I thought I might be back but unfortunately I won't. I am sorry that this is so last minute. Just keep my entry as a hole sponsor or what not.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby craigd » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Great job to Matthew and crew. Even with my poor rounds I still had a great time. I'm already looking forward to #5!
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Thanks man, we had a blast, as usual!
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Great job Mashburn, it was a beautiful day and another perfectly run tournament. I love Meeks, the course is such a blast. Can't wait for the next one. Congrats to all of the winners and thanks to Mashburn and his crew!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Jay » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:48 pm

Thanks Matt and crew for a great tourney, awesome breakfast, great lunch and good times. Thank to all the sponsors as well!
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Postby IMPRESARIO » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:52 pm

The whole Macon crew had a blast at Meeks Madness, expect us again!!!
IMPRESARIO
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:23 pm

IMPRESARIO wrote:The whole Macon crew had a blast at Meeks Madness, expect us again!!!

Had Jonny on my card both rounds and had a good time. The man putts better with a roc or cobra than I did with my voodoo.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby IMPRESARIO » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Is this tournament the same weekend every year? I know I'll be returning next year and want to go ahead and make arrangements.
IMPRESARIO
Pro Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

IMPRESARIO wrote:Is this tournament the same weekend every year? I know I'll be returning next year and want to go ahead and make arrangements.

Cool. It's nice to know we will have some repeat players! If a crew is travelling all the way from Macon and planning this far in advance, that's a great compliment to our tourney and course, and I appreciate it.

Yes, we try to have it the Saturday before the time changes each year. We yield to A-tiers and other larger events if the PDGA schedule dictates, but try to have it before selection Sunday of March Madness. Since next year is the 5 year anniversary, we may have a two day tournament (maybe a b-tier).

I've sent some nice sponsor packages out today in the mail, so be on the lookout Grease and Wookie.

Thanks to everyone that helped with the tourney and all sponsors. As always, thanks to Keith Johnson and Brett Porter for help with scoring and other things. This tournament wouldn't be nearly as smooth without their help! The Disc Diva dominated the payout crunching as well. She's a sweet one :twisted:

If anyone bought a CFR the day of and did not get a blue ticket, please contact me as I forgot to hand some of those out.

Thanks to all the players that support a little mountain d-golf!

Results: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/64315
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:43 am

Might want to check those second round scores for Rec, Novice & Juniors (aka Pool 3). They player rating seem a little inflated for playing shorts both rounds.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby billnchristy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:31 pm

They seem off but they don't match longs either.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:39 pm

Yeah, they seem high. Can't log-in to tournament administration to check. Says my code is invalid. Either way, the td report is right, so official results will be accurate. I might have mis-coded pool 3, but mites grow on chickens' asses, so I doubt it :mrgreen: No pictures, Randy.
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:52 pm

D-Wiz wrote:I've sent some nice sponsor packages out today in the mail, so be on the lookout Grease and Wookie.

Got it today and thanks! A 1987 Super Bowl ring, an Oscar Meyer Weenie mobile whistle(thanks for the personal touch on that one), a pair of rainbow knee high toe socks, and a sewing kit?!!!! Who wouldn't want to sponsor for all of that? Did John Nisewonder help you put the sponsor packs together?
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby billnchristy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Chuck will change it if necessary.

I know that didn't feel like a 900 rated round....not that I would know... :lol:
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:53 pm

grease wrote:
D-Wiz wrote:I've sent some nice sponsor packages out today in the mail, so be on the lookout Grease and Wookie.

Got it today and thanks! A 1987 Super Bowl ring, an Oscar Meyer Weenie mobile whistle(thanks for the personal touch on that one), a pair of rainbow knee high toe socks, and a sewing kit?!!!! Who wouldn't want to sponsor for all of that? Did John Nisewonder help you put the sponsor packs together?

Have you blown the weenie whistle yet :oops:
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby Wookie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:52 pm

Sweet!! I can't wait to get home tomorrow and see what I got. It will be like Christmas!! Thanks again and wish I could have made it.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby IMPRESARIO » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:43 am

:idea: With such a great course, maybe a summer or fall tournament would make a nice addition?
IMPRESARIO
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:51 am

IMPRESARIO wrote::idea: With such a great course, maybe a summer or fall tournament would make a nice addition?

GSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS#4 is in June.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Last year Rachel and I camped at some Mom and Pop joint a few miles away. You can tube on the river, fish, and they have a nice place to throw some D's. It would be cool to have some more golfers there this year.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby IMPRESARIO » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:53 pm

billnchristy wrote: billnchristy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:51 am
IMPRESARIO wrote:
:idea: With such a great course, maybe a summer or fall tournament would make a nice addition?

GSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS#4 is in June.

Leave it to Keith to already be on top of things :) I'll be there!
IMPRESARIO
Pro Plastic

Postby Cyoda44 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:13 pm

All the round ratings have been removed.... are we waiting on an update or correction?
Cyoda44
Barney

Postby D-Wiz » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Cyoda44 wrote:All the round ratings have been removed.... are we waiting on an update or correction?

Both.
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:23 am

They are official now. Changed a little but not siginifcantly.

Great job for getting them in right at the deadline man, I expected it for next update!!
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments