How do I divide up Sponsor Money

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

How do I divide up Sponsor Money

Postby IMPRESARIO » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:56 am

I have just been graciously given $210 Cash for sponsorship for a tournament. I'm not quite sure how to use it in the upcoming tournament. Were non-sanctioned so I can do anything I want with it. We currently don't have any pros signed up so I don't want to put it in the Open Division or should I? Nothing against the pros but this is a fundraiser and Pros get what they give so no funds for us. Seems like it would be better used if I split it up and added it to the pot in the Am divisions: Adv, Int, Rec where it will generate the most players? Any thoughts out there? I may use it for the expenses which means more of each players money goes to their payout. Probably the best choice, but since I'm still learning I'd like some advice from more experienced.
IMPRESARIO
Pro Plastic

Re: How do I divide up Sponsor Money

Postby djester » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:39 pm

directly towards a basket for the new course!! :idea:
That, or more beer.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby IMPRESARIO » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:02 pm

We have a keg of Sweetwater 420 already...more than enough for the players.
IMPRESARIO
Pro Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:07 pm

you are have a fund-raising tournament right? Seems like it would go to the cause you are raising funds for. Just make sure the players feel they got some value after helping contribute to the cause whatever it may be. A new course up near me had a course fundraising tourny. They filled a tournament and only gave out like $50 in prizes. Now I hear a lot of "thats the last time we go there"... just be open about whos keeping what. Bradshaw broke it down very nicely for east roswell's teepad fund raiser with percentages and such. Hope that helps.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby IMPRESARIO » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks, I'll check out his info. We have over $500 in sponsorship prizes. Most are gift certificates in the range of $25 to $50 to bars and restaurants in the area. We also have a Disc Diver Golden Retriever to give away. I think the best thing is to use the money to cover the expeneses of the keg and the glow lights for the course and then put the rest in to the Payout that way more of each players money goes to the payout of prizes.

Do you have a link to Bradshaws info?
IMPRESARIO
Pro Plastic

Postby BP » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:14 am

http://www.discgolfatlanta.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1471&hilit=erp+fundraiser

IMPRESARIO wrote:Thanks, I'll check out his info. We have over $500 in sponsorship prizes. Most are gift certificates in the range of $25 to $50 to bars and restaurants in the area. We also have a Disc Diver Golden Retriever to give away. I think the best thing is to use the money to cover the expeneses of the keg and the glow lights for the course and then put the rest in to the Payout that way more of each players money goes to the payout of prizes.

Do you have a link to Bradshaws info?
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
http://www.disccaddie.com
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Return to Q & A