New Signs & directionals in work

Cherokee County - Canton, GA

Moderators: rjohnston, daustin, ADGO BOD

New Signs & directionals in work

Postby Jay » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:09 pm

Just wanted to let all know, that we have been busy on the course. The Animal and I have been surveying the course and hope to finish this task in the next week. Yesterday we completed 6 holes.

1. I have ordered the new pink reflective tape with numbers for the baskets. Hope to have these installed by Monday.

2. New directionals have been ordered as well.

3. Tee signs have been ordered. Each tee sign will also have hole layout with distance, par, and all Out of Bounds info that applies for each hole (parking lots, roads, water, etc... ) as well as warnings to watch out for walkers/runners as it applies.

4. Additional signs have been ordered for the runners/walkers to watch out for flying discs. Also ordered were signs directing players back to the parking lot/tee #1. Signs will also be posted on what to do if you find a disk, so that the Disc Golf God won't wreak havoc with your game :)

We hope to have all this completed along with a new scorecard in a couple of weeks.

Below is a sample of hole 1's layout. Big thanks to Steve Nelson for his donation of man-hours for this project. Other info to be added later.

peace!
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Re: New Signs & directionals in work

Postby Jay » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:12 am

Yesterday I picked up half of the NEW directionals that were ready. This batch was for the back six holes so we could get the course on line. The Animal and I installed the new directionals and we also renumbered baskets 13-18 with new reflective tape. I still need to renumber baskets 2-12 and that will get done this week. Below you will find a few samples of these directionals! The new hole 15 will also have an extra set of directions for "Tournament" play that I can install when we have tourney action. These will direct players to exit to the left so that they walk behind 14's tee pad on the way to hole 16. Click on picture to enlarge.

Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Postby provino » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:06 pm

Thanks for your hard work Jay.
provino
DX Plastic

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks....will pass that to to Steve as well :)

Yesterday and today Steve did some more surveying on the courses and the only holes left to shoot are 16-18.
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Postby provino » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:23 am

Jay wrote:Thanks....will pass that to to Steve as well :)

Yesterday and today Steve did some more surveying on the courses and the only holes left to shoot are 16-18.

Thanks Steveoreno! Much appreciated 8)
provino
DX Plastic

Return to Sequoyah Park