CTP's for Pro's ???????????

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

CTP's for Pro's ???????????

Postby IMPRESARIO » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:37 pm

We have a tournament coming up and have CTP in-kind sponsors for all 18 holes. We will have 4 divisions: Open, Advanced, Int, and Rec. The pros get cash and everyone else gets plastic. Should the Pro's be cut in on the CTP sponsors? I don't have an argument either way, I just want to do what's best. Thanks in advance.
IMPRESARIO
Pro Plastic

Re: CTP's for Pro's ???????????

Postby billnchristy » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:16 pm

In my limited experience I have found pros like free stuff as much as anyone else...maybe more.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby richardhead » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:16 pm

I've seen one extremely valid and fair way to do this. Have CTP's for each division like you would at any other tournament. Your Open divisions can cash in on there CTP's only. The other divisions can cash in on there own CTP and any CTP belonging to a higher division.

This makes a Recreational, Junior, or Women's division all in on every CTP, regardless of differences in tee's and what not. Intermediates are in on everything except for recreational, junior, and women divisions. Then so on and so forth with all other divisions.

It gives some of the lesser divisions more opportunities to succeed.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:18 pm

That's the worst idea ever. Take you ginger self to the shed.

That's right up there with losing cash ctps to someone who played from a shorter tee.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby richardhead » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:00 am

I'm not falling for that trick again. I remember what happened the last time you lured me to the shed. I fell asleep and you fell in love!!

You're a PROfessional Disc Golfer. If you can't win your divisional CTP, that's your problem!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:37 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:That's the worst idea ever. Take you ginger self to the shed.
That's right up there with losing cash ctps to someone who played from a shorter tee.

Divisional CTP's would be preferred by me and I also dig a card CTP as well.

I never mind taking a CTP from a Pro who had to play a much longer hole like on #2 or #12 at ERP from the blacks as I would get almost a 3-4ft advantage over them.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:13 pm

Let me get this right. Raise money/prizes/plactic for a tournament. Then exclude the best players from winning. Wow, good times. If pros come in and win the ctp's that must be unfair huh. Cant have that :roll: . Its not like they have put in the time, $, and effort to get to where they are today just to be excluded in the fun.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby IMPRESARIO » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Seems to me that the direct answer is yes, the Pros should be cut in on Sponsored CTP's. So be it. Thanks fellas for the debate. We will divide up the CTP's among divisions. Now make sure you reserve a spot for the Fish N Pig Moonlight Classic III - March 19th
IMPRESARIO
Pro Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:23 pm

kade.erp wrote:Let me get this right. Raise money/prizes/plactic for a tournament. Then exclude the best players from winning. Wow, good times. If pros come in and win the ctp's that must be unfair huh. Cant have that :roll: . Its not like they have put in the time, $, and effort to get to where they are today just to be excluded in the fun.

It's a job for them Kade, they aren't supposed to have fun - we should all be working hard to make tournaments less fun for the pros.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:37 pm

kade.erp wrote:Let me get this right. Raise money/prizes/plactic for a tournament. Then exclude the best players from winning. Wow, good times. If pros come in and win the ctp's that must be unfair huh. Cant have that :roll: . Its not like they have put in the time, $, and effort to get to where they are today just to be excluded in the fun.

Pro's should have to pay twice the amount of the entry fee and not even get to play in the event let alone compete for a CTP. They should have to be spotters instead on a wide open hole.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Wow, no wonder so many guys sit in ADV for their entire lives. :lol:
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Return to Q & A