Fade Gear WeatherGuard or Other Rain Gear

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Fade Gear WeatherGuard or Other Rain Gear

Postby Dale H » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Just curious if anyone has used the Fade WeatherGuard straps and would like your opinion on usefulness in rainy conditions. Seems like a neat concept just not sure how practical. Do you know if these straps work with Revolution and Innova bags also?

I currently use a combination of my bag's weather flap, an umbrella and towels to keep stuff dry with varying degrees of success based on the amount of downpour and wind. Seen other folks use garbage bags, etc. Just curious if any of the ADGO viewers have any experience to share.

Any other tips out there for playing in wet conditions?

Thanks,

Dale
Dale H
DX Plastic

Re: Fade Gear WeatherGuard or Other Rain Gear

Postby Redan Randy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:39 pm

Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:24 pm

Ya know, I have a set that Christy won at US womens but have never been out in the rain with it.

Someone on DGCR had a good idea and said he took his rainfly out and uses the pouch for snacks. :D

I have to say I prefer the sit of the fade straps over phenix, seem a little more comfy and require almost no adjustment between people.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:34 pm

My son has the Fade Gear straps with the rainfly. Worked pretty well for me when I borrowed his for the second round at the Forsyth County Open last fall. Took a little bit of messing with it to figure out the best way to get in and out of it while still keeping things dry, but it definitely worked well. After I finished my round, I took the straps off the bag, turned 'em around so that the rainfly was in front of me, and used it to keep my camera gear dry while shooting photos of the Pro field. They should work with any bag that has four strap anchor points.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Dale H » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 am

Thanks for the feedback and the hat recommendation too Randy!
Dale H
DX Plastic

Postby Jason K » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:18 pm

I also use the Fade weatherguard straps. Right now with a fade tourney bag. The straps themselves are super comfortable on the shoulders and also have strong elastic on each part connecting to the bag to cushion the weight. I've used the rain flap a few times when getting caught by rain halfway through the round. It definitely works, though i haven't tried it in a monsoon or anything. I think the best thing is that it wraps around the bottom of the bag to keep the bottom dry and out of the mud.

Out of everything i have tried by fade, these are the most durable product I've used personally. Their bags on the other hand...not so much. Owned 2 so far and both have ripped in places within 6 months. I should have my new revolution bag within a few weeks so we will find out if they work.
Jason K
Barney

Postby monsterboys76 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:11 pm

I think I have had mine for a year now and I have used them in just about all weather. I've used the rain guard a few times in some heavy rain at dubs on saturday mornings and my discs, and bag stay dry the whole round. I even use it some times when the ground is just super wet, or in snow. The straps are strong and they sit nice. I have the innova competition bag and they work fine with it. The nice thing about the cover is you can take it out, it kinda gets uncomfortable with that pouch full on the back of your shoulders(especially with a hood on).
Greg Pothier
P SELECT
monsterboys76
Pro Plastic

Return to Q & A