New Holes at Central are in!!!

Forsyth County - Cumming, Ga

Moderators: WC, ADGO BOD

New Holes at Central are in!!!

Postby Funky Bobby J » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:05 pm

The new layout for 17 and 18 are done. A little more work remains but the holes are playable and will be used for Sunday's doubles mixed round. Thanks to Dave Kenney, Dan Kaufman and a few others for working so hard to get the course ready. If you have not played Central in a while, I think you will be really surprised - it offers one of the best mix of wooded, semi-wooded and open holes in the state. I hope that you will try to make it out for our fundraiser on the 21st.

17 (old 15) plays down the gully along the creek line with a slight left to right turn. 18's basket finishes under the big oak with the red pad playing from old 16 blue. And - it is a much easier walk to the parking lot than from old 18's basket. I'll try to post some pics soon. I had told some that hole 12 was coming out, but it is staying for the foreseeable future.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Re: New Holes at Central are in!!!

Postby nixonrocks » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:52 pm

:D
Brett "Maverick" Nix

PDGA# 41831

Maverick@Mobyinthemorning.com
nixonrocks
DX Plastic

Postby TokioJason » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:27 am

I played the course this week. It's in my own opinon a stepup from the old course but still not a favorite. I do really like hole 17 though and yes the walk is a little shorter. I wish they would let you put in cement pads it would without a doubt step this course up another level or two. Navigating the course even the first time was fairly easy though.
TokioJason
Pro Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:21 am

TokioJason wrote:I played the course this week. It's in my own opinon a stepup from the old course but still not a favorite. I do really like hole 17 though and yes the walk is a little shorter. I wish they would let you put in cement pads it would without a doubt step this course up another level or two. Navigating the course even the first time was fairly easy though.

I agree 100% JT - the place really needs tee pads. No doubt, it will be very few's favorite place to play, but I think we offer as much variety as anyone now. Maybe some will put it back in their course rotation. Thanks for the feedback
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Return to Central Park