ADGO Fall Event - Nov 14 - Oregon Park

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

ADGO Fall Event - Nov 14 - Oregon Park

Postby Bradshaw » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:08 pm

Sunday November 14, Oregon Park
Tournament Central and Parking at Swing Time
Lunch Provided
Side Action 50/50 split - Payout / ADGO/Oregon Park Fundraiser for new baskets and tee-pads.

Must be a current ADGO member to play --- Current means you renewed at the spring event or sometime in 2010. New membership is $15, renew is $10. Renew/join online @ http://www.discgolfatlanta.com/store/

For those that do not know, OP is going through a course redesign and addition lead by the Cobb Disc Golf Club and Kevin McCoy. The layout of this tournament will be a mixture of holes from the newly designed course and the expanded course which is still in design.

We will have an accuracy and long drive competitions.

ADGO Members play for free with side action buy-in optional. Prizes to division winners provided by ADGO and CDGC.

Registration 8:00 - 9:00
Players Meeting 9:30
Tee-off 10:00
Second Round Tee-off 1 hour after last card
Accuracy and Long Drive ~4:30
Bradshaw

Re: ADGO Fall Event - Nov 14 - Oregon Park

Postby Mike D » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Are you guys "reserving" the course for the day through Cobb County or will we have to play with all the "Barney's" on the course??
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:53 pm

14th is Sunday..is this on Sunday? Gwinnett County open is on Saturday the 13th.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Cha Ching » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 pm

I was REALLY hoping the fall event would be at Flyboy!! Epic letdown! :( :?:
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby Clunck » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:24 am

Sorry ADGO, horrible choice for the club event.
That was in, cocker block doesn't count!
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby RAM » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:00 am

I wonder how many people harping on the course choice here (or about to harp on it and just haven't finished drafting their witty put-downs yet) have actually taken a look at all that's being done to IMPROVE the Oregon Park course. Isn't the idea of ADGO events to promote local action and courses so the everyone can better enjoy the Atlanta disc golf experience? If you want to play Flyboy, ask Kelly and get out there. Take some folks with you if you're lonely. If we want to promote a complete Atlanta disc golf experience for all, how about we wait and see if the revamp is worth anything before posting whines that may keep others from a fair shot of deciding for themselves if it's a great event. :mrgreen:
RAM
Barney

Postby Bradshaw » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:21 am

Sunday November 14th, check.

Event Layout will be closed to Public.

In the spirit of moving the event around and with respect to the redesign and associated fundraising at OP, and after consideration of all "ATL" courses and events, the BOD selected OP for the Fall event.

Pros
- Partner Event with CDGC provides more event resources and raises $ for new courses.
- Provides ADGO member feed back / input on future layout.
- Facility provides large covered area for Tourney Central and Grilling, large field for field events, and parking.
- Promotes teaming of ADGO with local clubs, introduces / reunites ADGO members to CDGC members. Provides CDGC an opportunity to show their efforts and direction.
- ADGO meets goal of sharing events.
- Provides opportunity to host largest field at OP in long time.

Cons
- Other clubs and courses were deselected, this time.
- Poor image of OP layout and traffic may deter member play.

Thoughts and input?
Bradshaw

Postby Rubiks » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:27 am

Bradshaw wrote:Thoughts and input?

I'm all for it. It's been a while since I last played out there.

How much does it cost to join/renew? I joined at the 2009 Fall Event, so I assume I will not be current for this one.
Support Collegiate Disc Golf

National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships
Hippodrome Disc Golf Complex
April 12-15, 2012 in North Augusta, SC
Rubiks
Pro Plastic

Postby Clunck » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:58 am

RAM wrote:I wonder how many people harping on the course choice here (or about to harp on it and just haven't finished drafting their witty put-downs yet) have actually taken a look at all that's being done to IMPROVE the Oregon Park course.

Played there a couple of weeks ago. Even with 18 baskets it's still not a good course. Oregonins can have as many fund raisers as they choose. But it's a bad choice for the club event, in my opinion.
That was in, cocker block doesn't count!
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby Bradshaw » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:20 am

Clunck wrote:
RAM wrote:I wonder how many people harping on the course choice here (or about to harp on it and just haven't finished drafting their witty put-downs yet) have actually taken a look at all that's being done to IMPROVE the Oregon Park course.

Played there a couple of weeks ago. Even with 18 baskets it's still not a good course. Oregonins can have as many fund raisers as they choose. But it's a bad choice for the club event, in my opinion.

There is the current layout (I assume the one you played), the new layout and the future layout.

We will be playing a combo of new and future layouts.

Clarification on the fundraising agreement:

50% Payout
25% ADGO
25% CDGC

I already have you penciled in on my card, so come on ...
Bradshaw

Postby Cha Ching » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:03 am

Just to be clear, i was not trying to bash Oregon Park. I have only played there once, last years FOP deal, so i really dont know much about the course anyway. I was simply being self centered as i missed the ADGO event at Flyboy!
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby BP » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:14 pm

There is a second course going in at Oregon Park which is what the fundraisers are for. Any of the current course will remain as the beginners course allowing that particular crowd their own disc golf haven. This event will allow us to showcase some of the ideas related to the new course Kevin McCoy is working on currently. We are currently working to have brand new DISCatchers in place for this event but can not confirm one way or another until next week...

Clunck wrote:

Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
http://www.disccaddie.com
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby Mike D » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:21 am

Bob,

I would like to know what the "new" layout looks like.

Why so hush hush??

I honestly think you guys have no clue what the layout is going to be. Did anyone beside Kevin have any input on the new design? Has it been approved by Cobb County? What about when they put all those walking paths in? Will the course change as they develop more of the property back there?

I know how Cobb County works and am leary of them letting go of any of the good property back there. I look forward to seeing the new course when it is complete and hope it is all you guys have been dreaming of.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby BangerGT » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:01 am

Mike, there is a lot to your last post. And all of your concerns have been the reason for the delay in getting the course in the ground. If you live in Cobb, you know how unreliable they are. But we have the park manager and her boss on our side. So we are in a good position to move forward. Please don't feel we are being "hush hush", we are trying to make sure we don't make any real blunders in course design. I would rather it take longer for a great course, than to have premature fanfair and hype over a mediocre course. I hope everyone understands this.

I honestly think you guys have no clue what the layout is going to be.
Come on Mike. Did you say that to encourage us, or light a fire under us, or neither? We do need help, but not this kind. What we can tell you is that the layout is going to be great! Really, unlike any other course in Ga I have played (not better than other courses, just different). We do know mostly how it is going to look, we have had to wait and see if the county would let us use another portion of land that would be great to have. Mike, I promise as soon as the layout is completed, I will make a map of it and post it on here for all to see.

The ADGO event is going to be great. The layout is going to be great. And all your feedback will be great on the day of the event.
BangerGT
Barney

Postby BP » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:06 pm

That is quite the "bait" but you'll start no war of words here :mrgreen:

Come out to the event if you want to see some of what the course may look like...

We do indeed have a "clue" as to what the course is going to be, however nothing has been completed or determined at any level. There is no reason to verbally share any ideas as that provides no visual to anyone and would be pointless. This event is the venue that allows us to showcase some of the "ideas" as that is all they are at this point. This will allow everyone to provide "real" feedback after a look at some potential course design. If you are looking for a map with every idea that has come up then I apologize as that is not an option.

We'd love to hear of some of your intimate details regarding your direct dealings with Cobb County. Our club works direct with the Cobb County Parks & Rec department and attends meetings on a regular basis. They are aware of our plans and have provided us with dedicated space for disc golf.

Regards,

Bob

Mike D wrote:Bob,

I would like to know what the "new" layout looks like.

Why so hush hush??

I honestly think you guys have no clue what the layout is going to be. Did anyone beside Kevin have any input on the new design? Has it been approved by Cobb County? What about when they put all those walking paths in? Will the course change as they develop more of the property back there?

I know how Cobb County works and am leary of them letting go of any of the good property back there. I look forward to seeing the new course when it is complete and hope it is all you guys have been dreaming of.
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby atl scott » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:43 pm

BP wrote:...If you are looking for a map with every idea that has come up then I apologize as that is not an option...

Maybe we need to get Woody involved here. OP redux :lol:
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 pm

My fee is minimal.
Woodrow

Postby BP » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:13 pm

Sweet! Bring your pencil set tomorrow night...

Woodrow wrote:My fee is minimal.
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby millayday » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:40 pm

I completely understand the skepticism coming from the majority of people on this board. Oregon Park has always seemed to be the runt stepchild of the ATL disc golf scene, the one no one really likes to play with or talk about. This is a very sore subject for me, seeing as how this park is 8 minutes from my house. The subject is sore because of the jackassed ways that expansion has been handled in the past. With a park so close to my residence, I want it to be the best that it can be. Oregon now has that chance. The amount of land that has been allotted to the expansion is roughly 4 times the size of the current course layout. And with K Mack on board the land should be utilized with maximum effectiveness. While the original idea was to put 36 holes on this land (one of the worst ideas I have EVER heard), smarter people have prevailed and it looks like a 27 hole layout will be instituted. The ideal layout in my opinion, and the majority of people I've talked to, would be to leave the original 9 alone since that is actually a good course, and add 18 championship caliber holes that could connect with the original 9 to make 27, or they could be played as separate courses. This is all up to Kevin, but thats the majority opinion I've heard so far. There is a lot of very cool land that most of you who are not OP regulars have never seen. It should make for a pretty decent course. On top of all that, the management has changed. I know a lot of you who had any experience with previous incarnations of the OP club scene were greatly turned off by inefficiency, gross incompetence in certain areas (Intermediate players who dont travel to other parks and have no course designing experience have NO business trying to design a course), in-fighting, and an all around Us vs Them attitude with regards to other courses. Things have changed, all input is being considered, and people with much greater knowledge are now being utilized in coming up with ideas on how to better the course. I havent actually been actively involved with the OP club in a few years, because it always seemed that they would pay lip service to my and other pro's suggestions but then turn around and do the complete opposite in some misguided attempt to further alienate OP from the rest of the ATL disc community. I have been led to believe that this will no longer be the case. I think that good things are coming for disc golf in Cobb County. So come support the ADGO and give some input about how you feel the new land could be best used. I dont know the layout they will be playing, but I can promise you that it will be a highly entertaining and worthwhile experience. It took me a while but I am finally excited about what is being done at OP.

And for those of you disappointed that the ADGO event isn't at Flyboy again, fear not. Kelly and I possibly have something in the works for the very near future. It could just be regular monthly action after he hosts the Southern Collegiate tourney in 2 weeks, or it could be much much cooler. Its all speculation right now, but think a Saturday/Sunday tourney, one 27 hole round each day with tee times, regular AND backwards layout, plus night golf on Saturday. That would make for a weekend full of camping, eating, disc golf debauchery, and 54 DIFFERENT WORLD CLASS HOLES!!!!! I'll keep you guys updated as Kelly figures out his schedule for the next month or two.
millayday
DX Plastic

Postby BangerGT » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Thank you Chris! And just a reminder to everyone, CDGC is NOT the designer. Kevin McCoy is far more qualified and we are looking to him for his expertise.
BangerGT
Barney

Postby billnchristy » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:28 pm

I will come for the food...and hopefully a fun course.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby BP » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Come on out! The food will suck but the course will be great, especially if you like Century :mrgreen:

billnchristy wrote:I will come for the food...and hopefully a fun course.
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:25 pm

Have you played the redesigned Century?

It rocks.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:51 pm

Can this be re-scheduled since I will be out of town? :?:
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby BP » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Yes, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... :wink:

billnchristy wrote:Have you played the redesigned Century?

It rocks.
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Until this new course comes out and kicks the llama no denizen of Oregon Park should ever be allowed to critize another course.*

*With the exception of Victor Lord.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby BP » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:46 pm

I wasn't criticizing the course, just the review board :think:
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby BP » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:43 pm

Kevin will be in attendance during the event and will certainly answer any of your specific questions.
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby Bradshaw » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:20 am

The following was addressed to Cobb Disc Golfers, but I'm sure no one would be opposed to help from the ADGO community. I will be representing.

11/3

Cobb Disc Golfers,

Join us this evening to help with the first major phase of installing the second disc golf course at Oregon Park!

In preparation for the upcoming ADGO Members' event at Oregon Park, the Cobb Disc Golf Club has purchased 18 new Innova Discatcher baskets that we're going to install in semipermanent fashion on the Swingtime Property. Kevin McCoy has helped us develop this layout for the ADGO event, and it will feature much of Kevin's design and planning work for the eventual permanent installation. These baskets are fresh from the factory new, and we're going to anchor them solidly in the ground for a really nice short-term layout.

But to get this done we need YOUR help! Specifically we need hands and tools to clear brush, vines, etc. from the new fairways, and we need hands to help us assemble the baskets and get them in the ground. We probably won't get all 18 baskets in the ground today, so what is left will carry over into this weekend (times to be determined according to need). Please come out and help us at 5pm TODAY (Wednesday, November 3, 2010) for this groundbreaking development for disc golf in Cobb County! As always, if you have any questions, the best way to get them answered is to come out and lend a hand with the work. :)
Bradshaw

Postby BP » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Another work day is schedule at 9AM this Saturday. We are hoping to get all 18 new DISCatchers in the ground as well as all areas clear. We'll meet at Swingtime to organize and break into groups as each hole will have a task list.
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby *FRITSCH* » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:01 pm

how much for non ADGO memebers to play?
*FRITSCH*
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:25 pm

*FRITSCH* wrote:how much for non ADGO memebers to play?

Non-ADGO Members can't play - that's why it is called a "Member Event" :mrgreen:
New membership is only $15 and included is your choice of ADGO stamped Aviar or Roc (which are also only available to NEW members - you can't buy them).

Hope to see you out there on the 14th and I look forward to meeting everyone else who is thinking about becoming an ADGO member and are coming to Oregon Park to check out the new Kevin McCoy layout, baskets and other changes that Oregan Park has made /is making.

Keith
ADGO President
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby VERMIN » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Is there still a way to renew memberships online? :?:

Unfortuantely I cannot attend the ADGO event as I wil be out of town.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby BarefootDiscer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Will there registration for ADGO at the tournament? If not, how can I register before?
I tried the membership link on the home page, but I keep getting error messages.
BarefootDiscer
Barney

Postby Woodrow » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:32 pm

The on-line registration is temporarily down. A new service is set up and will be functional very soon, but you can join at the event if you prefer.
Woodrow

Postby BarefootDiscer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Great. Thank you. :D
BarefootDiscer
Barney

Postby Corndawg13 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:02 am

Century is indeed a very good course! I love playing it! I heard CP is better now, oh wait that's a fact too!!!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby TokioJason » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:19 pm

Is their a updated list on who's a memeber. I did register and play at the flyboy event so i think im good.
TokioJason
Pro Plastic

Postby millayday » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Just played the brand new 18. Oregon Park is officially on the map. Congrats to K Mack on the design, it looks awesome. Great pin placements on all the holes, equal righty and lefty shots, great mix. Highly impressed with the use of the land. Everyone will be amazed that this is Oregon Park
millayday
DX Plastic

Postby BP » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:45 am

someone get that paypal link up!

Woodrow wrote:The on-line registration is temporarily down. A new service is set up and will be functional very soon, but you can join at the event if you prefer.
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby millayday » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:14 am

By the way, for those who don't get out OP's way much, the new 18 I played is on a completely different area of land than the original course. That means there's currently 36 holes to play. While I was bitching before about how 36 holes was a terrible idea, I'm starting to think it's not so bad. I would still love to have seen 1 huge championship course out there, but the 2 separate courses should work out nicely. The new land is incredible, and there's a lot more of it than I originally thought. Its a great mix, with shades of The Crucible on a few holes, ERP on others, and many unique shots that you wont find at any of the other courses around town. I'd say it plays a par 57-58, and eveyone should absolutely love it. Atlanta now has another great disc golf destination on the west side of town. Between OP and White Oak and the new park on Pitner Rd near OP (which is where the Badass Championship Course is goin!!!) , this area is soon gonna be the best spot for discing in town. So so happy. I think you guys will be too. Kudos again to Kevin and the Cobb Disc Golf Club for making it all happen
millayday
DX Plastic

Postby jritger » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:27 am

I think the online registration link is working now: http://www.discgolfatlanta.com/store/
jritger

Postby Mike D » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:31 pm

Just so you know, that new area of the park is actually called "Green Meadows Preserve"

Check out the PDF here .... http://prca.cobbcountyga.gov/documents/ ... -22-09.pdf

Looks like this is revised from the original plan, disc golf is actually listed although it says "At edges of passive area" whatever that means.

If Millay is excited about this course, it has to be decent. I wish I could be there next week to check it out!!

I am looking forward to seeing this new part of the park.

What was the original 9 is gone and the 18 pitch & putt in it's place is not worth the drive, If the new "Green Meadows" part is as good as Chris says, I can not wait to get out there!

Mike D
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby millayday » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 pm

It is a damn fine course now. And, as I understand, the other 18 is getting a redesign as well. I think that 18 is gonna be catered more towards the lesser skill levels, but I'm sure McCoy is still gonna make it nice. The new 18 is beautiful and it will kick your butt. Lots of trouble to get into, but I think as the course breaks in and the shule is removed it will become a course that all Atlanta golfers will be excited to make the drive to. All day yesterday I kept looking at the people in my group and commenting "Wow, this is actually Oregon Park." I'm sure a few holes will change or get tweaked. There were one or two areas that could be beefed up. Hole 1 is really short with nothing to it, but I understand that it is just a temp placement. Hole 2 is a cool hole, but it could be stretched into a really really cool par 4. Hole 3 is kind of a 3 1/2, but it is still a great looking shot. Everything else is incredible. You will not be disappointed. We're calling the new section Noregon Park
millayday
DX Plastic

Postby Dr. Manhattan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Clunck wrote:

If you played there a couple of weeks ago then you didnt play the tournament / New layout. I played it today and it is actually pretty promising and it doesnt include any of the original baskets.
Dr. Manhattan
DX Plastic

Postby tlacue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:48 am

How does the membership work? Is it like the PDGA in that it's jan - dec no matter when you join or if we joined this week so we could play, would ours be good only till this dec 2010 or good through next year till 12/31/11?

Sunday sounds like fun if we have any energy left after the GCO on sat.

Tracy
tlacue
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:22 am

tlacue wrote:How does the membership work? Is it like the PDGA in that it's jan - dec no matter when you join or if we joined this week so we could play, would ours be good only till this dec 2010 or good through next year till 12/31/11?

Sunday sounds like fun if we have any energy left after the GCO on sat.

Tracy

Basically it is a yearly dues - if you join for the fall Event you are good til the next fall Event - join in the spring Event and you are good til the next spring Event.

Hope to see you ladies out there and enjoying warmer temps than last Sunday.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Steve C » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:01 pm

Played yesterday. I didn't have a map, so I got lost. Finally hooked up with Mike and Nolan (thanks guys, whoever you are :) ) and they showed me around. I'm not a pro, but I've played most of the courses around town several times, and many out of state. I really liked the new holes. The challenges were varied: distance, shot shape, accuracy, blind pins, trouble, etc... I really enjoyed it. Plus, for my skill level, I didn't feel like it was a 90% luck 10% skill , which I find very frustrating. I haven't done an ADGO event in a while. Think I come out and re-up on Sunday.

Cheers,

- Steve
No matter how much you know about technique, you have to perform.
Steve C
Barney

Postby trosullivan5 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:15 am

To all the nay-sayers and the people that doubt the new course... yet another post by someone who has played it and is here to say the ADGO members that show on sunday ( instead of sitting on the boards and bitching about why they dont like the old OP) will not be dissapointed. Milay and i were playing and came to a realization......we dont have a 45 minute to an hour drive home!!!! it was def refreshing. anyway the course is great and will continue to get better. look forward to seeing everone out there sunday

T.O.
trosullivan5
Barney

Postby Bradshaw » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Lunch Menu

Hamburgers or Chicken Sandwiches
Chips
Side (Beans or Pasta)

We'll have it ready as Round 1 completes and try to have a quick turn-around between rounds to avoid late finish.

There are plenty of eating establishments and a Kroger 2 minutes from the course.
Bradshaw

Postby Treeman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Do we have to register online or can we pay when we get there?
Treeman
Barney

Postby BP » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:34 pm

You can sign up on-site Sunday.

Treeman wrote:Do we have to register online or can we pay when we get there?
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby Lewis » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:04 pm

About those nearby eating establishments, if you simply can't accept Bradshaw's offer of food, or maybe it doesn't fill you up or something, the CDGC would like to recommend a few places within a mile of the course that have generously chosen to sponsor our new layout. Without their sponsorships we wouldn't yet have the money to install the new 18 Discatchers at Oregon Park. So give a look at the Great Harvest Bread Company or the Shane's Rib Shack about 3/4 mile up Due West Road from the park and tell them you're a disc golfer. If you have a hankering for Italian, Johnny's pizza just across the street from the park on Dallas Highway has supported us in various ways in the past and would also be a good choice.

But seriously folks, how could you turn down Bradshaw's burgers?
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Postby haze » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:46 am

The ADGO event layout
Click to enlarge
haze
Barney

Postby billnchristy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:23 am

Does this course make the new 8 on the old course go away or is it jammed in there between 10-12 still?
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 am

I haven't played it yet, but according to the map, no.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby haze » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:03 am

billnchristy wrote:Does this course make the new 8 on the old course go away or is it jammed in there between 10-12 still?

Most likely, when the old course gets it's facelift, the new 8 will go away.
haze
Barney

Postby BP » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:04 am

It will have to be relocated.

billnchristy wrote:Does this course make the new 8 on the old course go away or is it jammed in there between 10-12 still?
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:22 am

Send it over to Lenora...its a nice hole.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:34 am

That's a shame. I liked that hole. I think I may have been wrong about the map and not affecting 8.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Steve C » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:38 am

I saw a sign going up that indicated the old #8 is closed.

s
No matter how much you know about technique, you have to perform.
Steve C
Barney

Postby billnchristy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:45 am

The old 8? The rock shot? I hope not, that was like the only hole that...uh...rocks.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby BP » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:02 pm

#8 was the hole after the short narrow tunnel shot...

billnchristy wrote:The old 8? The rock shot? I hope not, that was like the only hole that...uh...rocks.
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby atl scott » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:17 pm

The "current" hole 8 at OP literally shares a fairway with the new hole on the new course. A better hole backward in my opinion but I never liked old hole 8.

Played 36 holes today and I must say it is a really fun course! Sorry K-mack for ever doubting. For those who haven't seen it yet, it is a challenging blue level course (no renny gold for sure but no walk in the park either!) and I feel makes a good pairing with the old course. Now to go start a complaining thread somewhere... :mrgreen:

Holes that stood out as my favorites were 3, 6, 7, 9, and 18.
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby craigd » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:29 pm

atl scott wrote: it is a really fun course!

I'm sure that your ace on hole one helped in the fun department. :mrgreen:
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby atl scott » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:18 pm

you mean the practice hole? :lol: :lol: :lol:
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby BP » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:42 am

Ya, you merely canned a long putt :mrgreen:

atl scott wrote:you mean the practice hole? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:52 pm

For all of you DGS'ers, this has been added to the Events listing here.
I'm not sure if I will be able to submit your scores, but see me at the event and I'll collect those scorecards for input if it's possible.
Woodrow

Postby JPZ » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Looking 4ward 2 playing the new KMack design. I know if Kevin's got his hands on it then it should be worth getting out and playing!
+ OP REALLY needed something substantial...
I'll C U all in the morning...unless I get lost on 120W again
JPZ
Champion Plastic

Postby Sasquatch » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:32 am

A previous post mentioned on site membership sign-up, that includes a disc and discounts, will there be sign-up the morning of the event that would make you eligible to play that day?
Sasquatch
Barney

Postby Woodrow » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:43 am

YES!!!
Woodrow

Postby Lewis » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:40 pm

Not that it matters now, Woody, but the distances you have listed on that map are wrong. Nick Richardson has the accurately measured distances. :P
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:08 pm

I don't doubt it. Those were just scaled off from Google Earth and meant to get BP all excited again. I'll be happy to update them if anyone wants.

BTW - I hope everyone enjoyed the event out there today. A job I picked up kept me from being there to make sure everything well. :wink: I can't wait to read everyone's reaction here to the course and to hear how it all went down; sure wish I could have been there.
Woodrow

Postby Lewis » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:31 pm

That's okay. I just want to make sure nobody got pissed at you when they over-drove or under-drove a hole based on your numbers. :?

And I was prevented from participating in the event because of a job I've held for years. So it goes. I too would like to hear people's feelings about how it went.
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:16 pm

millayday wrote:It is a damn fine course now. And, as I understand, the other 18 is getting a redesign as well. I think that 18 is gonna be catered more towards the lesser skill levels, but I'm sure McCoy is still gonna make it nice. The new 18 is beautiful and it will kick your butt. Lots of trouble to get into, but I think as the course breaks in and the shule is removed it will become a course that all Atlanta golfers will be excited to make the drive to. All day yesterday I kept looking at the people in my group and commenting "Wow, this is actually Oregon Park." I'm sure a few holes will change or get tweaked. There were one or two areas that could be beefed up. Hole 1 is really short with nothing to it, but I understand that it is just a temp placement. Hole 2 is a cool hole, but it could be stretched into a really really cool par 4. Hole 3 is kind of a 3 1/2, but it is still a great looking shot. Everything else is incredible. You will not be disappointed. We're calling the new section Noregon Park

Way to hype the new course and not show! Lame! Course WAS great though. Thanks ADGO for having the event and many thanks to the Oregon folks for the course! Awesome! I will come back to Oregon for this.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby keith johnson » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:15 pm

I just spent almost a hour typing in every score and info and as I hit submit the board logged me off - so scores and info either REALLY late this Evening or Tomorrow sometime - sorry.

To the Board Admins -please set the reset time to more than an hour for Mods because I came real close to killing someone after typing for an hour.
keith johnson

Postby Woodrow » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:40 pm

Oh really? You know that if you just hit the back button on your browser, it would all come back. Oh well, too late now. BTW - use a text editor next time and then paste it in. That usually works, unless of course your computer blows up. Then you'd have to type it in all again, after you bought a new one of course. So... maybe you're just screwed any way. You know, back in your day, they just used splatter paint on the wall. The only issues were keeping the fire stoked and who was holding the ladder. Makes you think, huh.
keith johnson wrote:To the Board Admins -please set the reset time to more than an hour for Mods because I came real close to killing someone after typing for an hour.
I'd feel that way too if I ever had to type for an hour. Nice to know I'm not alone in that.
Woodrow

Postby Woodrow » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:44 pm

HEY! Where are those damn scores? What went down today? Jeez, it's been almost 20 minutes. I'm getting exhausted hitting the refresh button.
Woodrow

Postby Lewis » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:56 am

Dude, Keith, that sucks. To mollify the masses in the short term, you could take a photograph or scan an image of your score sheet, and then attach that to your post here. It might be hard to read, but that might keep Woody off your back until morning. Or you could just ignore him and do whatever you were going to do anyway.
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:11 am

When you are logged off - hitting the back button only brings back the thread you are on - it doesn't bring back your post because it is like it was never there.

I'm gonna use Word for now on and then add colors when I've pasted it in as that won't take long. i'm not a typist so 1 finger typing with a memorized keyboard only allows about 30 WPM max and less when typing names which has lots of capiltalization.

I'll post them when I finish in Word - was trying to get done before watching the game and now that it's over I'll do everything over again even though I'm still pissed about having to do it over again - there is ZERO reason for Mods to ever getted logged out automatically.
keith johnson

Postby Woodrow » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:28 am

Aha! Browser deficiency.
Woodrow

Postby Lewis » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:01 am

keith johnson wrote:there is ZERO reason for Mods to ever getted logged out automatically.

I know from experience as a web forum administrator (other places, not this forum) that this is a very easy setting to change. All you've got to do is get one of the forum admins to go do it. I've been an ADGO member since April and I still haven't gotten access to the private member forums on this site, so if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath. :cry:
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:44 am

Thanks to everyone who came out to support the ADGO. We gained approximately 20 NEW members with most of them being Oregon Park players. We look forward to seeing everyone at the SPRING Event in 2011.

Thanks to Barry, Bradshaw, Ritger (part time), and Nick Richardson of the COBB Disc Golf Club for their help in the Event. Everyone seemed to enjoy the temp layout of the what someday soon will be the Gold course setup designed by Kevin McCoy.

There were 55 players in the first round and 43 for the second round after Moose cooked the nice lunch for the players.

Weather was perfect for both rounds - no ace was hit and the money raised was donated to the CDGC.

Kevin McCoy sets the course record of 46 in the second round to go with his 47 in the first round.
All players played the same course layout.
Par was listed at 58.

Matt Versola won the long drive contest with an approximate 550-575 ft throw.
Keith Johnson was second with a walked off 473 ft drive.
Matt Eatman was third 20 ft short of Keith's throw.
Mason Carruth was 4th and Adam Marks was 5th.

First round scores – 17 OPEN PRO Players – 9 in on $20 side action in red – cash won in green.
Kevin McCoy 47 - $100
John Ritger 51 - $50
Matt Versola 51
Charles Eldridge 51
Keith Johnson 53 - $30
Jim Gibson 54
Chris Rodesny 54
Josh Henley 54
Jon Plotky 55
Nate Garner 55
Jason Bradshaw 56
Dusty Jones 57
Greg Campbell 58
Bob Braun 58
Adam Marks 59
Matt Orchard 59
Allen Pitts 60

First round scores – 25 ADV Players–3 in on $10 side action in red – cash won in green.
Nick Richardson 52
David Doke 55
Mason Carruth 56 - $30
Chase Caldwell 57
John Burrows 57
Jay Norman (JPZ) 57
Patrick Erwin 58
Taylor O’Sullivan 58
Steve Danaher 58
Andy Conaway 59
Matt Eatman 59
Eric Axmacher 59
Daniel Garner 59
Michael Houchin 59
Barry Arnson 60
Trey Tryan 61
Brad Orman 63
Stan Hula 63
Craig Dickerson 66
Mike Eldridge 66
Ben Thornton 66
Richard McGraw 66
John Kimble 66
Scott Hazlett 66
Bob Pressley 999 (played 14 holes)

First round scores – 13 REC Players
Tom Hutchinson 62
Mike Carruth 66
Joshua Bond 67
Chris Johnson 67
Taylor orser 69
Bob Williams 70
Scott Williams 71
Charles Hutchinson 74
Wade Selph 74
Ricky Johnson 78
Justin Dickerson 79
Herb Morrill 80
Josh Oppenheim 82

Second round scores – 14 OPEN PRO Players – 13 in on $10 side action in red – cash won in green.
Kevin McCoy 46 - $60
Bob Braun 49 - $40
Adam Marks 49
Jon Plotky 50 - $20
Matt Versola 52 - $10
Keith Johnson 54
Josh Henley 54
Greg Campbell 54
Charles Eldridge 56
Chris Rodesny 56
Nate Garner 56
Jim Gibson 57
Mason Carruth 59
Barry Arnson 60

Second round scores – 17 ADV – 4 in on $5 side action in red – cash won in green.
Matt Orchard 54 - $15
Taylor O’Sullivan 57 - $5
Nick Richardson 57
John Kimble 57
Mike Eldridge 59
David Doke 60

Stan Hula 60
Matt Eatman 60
Jay Norman (JPZ) 61
John Burrows 61
Scott Hazlett 62
Andy Conaway 62
Richard McGraw 62
Ben Thornton 67
Eric Axmacher 69
Brad Orman 70
Taylor Orser 86

Second round scores – 12 REC Players
Mike Carruth 65
Joshua Bond 67
Rick Johnson 69
Bob Williams 69
Tom Hutchinson 71
Marshall Turner 71
Caleb Hutchinson 72
Scott Williams 72
Greg Turner 75
Chris Johnson 78
Herb Morrill 79
Josh Oppenheim 84
keith johnson

Postby jritger » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:05 pm

Had a good time yesterday even though I had to leave early -- thanks to everyone that came out and joined or renewed at the event; i'll get an updated member roster up soon.

My take on the course >> very fun and HUGE improvement. Definitely worth driving up to play. Some of the nicest land used for DG in the Atlanta area. Great mix of technical short holes with OB in play to long bomber holes and a couple of multi shot holes. I was told par was 58 but seemed more like 57: #7? and #17 are solid par 4s, #3 is an awesome long par 3 (my weak arm parked it within 10' = not par 4) and the par 5 (#9?) seemed more like a tough par 4. than a par 5 Every fairway is valid with realistic lines, which is really nice to see in a course ... excepting a few fairway trees, but overall very good right now. Awesome mix of holes requiring many different shots, and fast and/or OB lined greens make you think before you throw. Lots of blind holes.
jritger

Postby mrpbody33 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Lewis wrote:
keith johnson wrote:there is ZERO reason for Mods to ever getted logged out automatically.

I know from experience as a web forum administrator (other places, not this forum) that this is a very easy setting to change. All you've got to do is get one of the forum admins to go do it. I've been an ADGO member since April and I still haven't gotten access to the private member forums on this site, so if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath. :cry:

Perhaps you may want to run for the Communication Director position that will be vacant at the end of the year. :D :D :D
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby BP » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:53 pm

keith johnson wrote:Bob Pressley 999 (played 14 holes)

I was so 7 under after 14 holes...
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby jonp » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:25 pm

mod timeout now 5 minutes
http://www.mavisbeacon.com
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby mrpbody33 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:00 pm

Scores have been posted to DiscGolfScene. If it didn't link to your account then send me your email address through DGS.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby Lewis » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:12 am

mrpbody33 wrote:Perhaps you may want to run for the Communication Director position that will be vacant at the end of the year. :D :D :D

Even if I had the extra time for a position like that, something tells me I'm not winning any friends on the BoD with my comments. :roll:
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Postby gvan » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:08 am

You suffer from 2 misconceptions.
1) Anyone on the BoD has any "extra" time to be on the BoD.
2) Comments that bother the BoD are not made by members of the BoD.

Pretty much true of any organization. Jump on in!
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Postby JPZ » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:37 am

Really enjoyed the new course!
I will 4 sure be making a trip back out that way soon for more DG...and it might not be for FB or WO ... :D
Great job every1 involved in getting the NOP in the ground.
Very unfortunate that the complete layout we played will not be continued, but i'm sure it will be awesome tho.
I ended up w/ 2 of the 5 CTp's 2nd rd , so, that was cool hole 10 and hole 3 which I threw 1ft past the basket and 20 ft right . :shock: NOt bad 4 me

Thanks ADGO 4 putting this on, I was VERY sceptical hearing Oregon Park was going to be the spot; cause the spring event was...well... If you were there you know...but, I think it was the best choice you guys could have made 4 this one .
Nice work :mrgreen:
JPZ
Champion Plastic

Postby BarefootDiscer » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:56 am

The tournament was a lot of fun.... but then they had to go and rip up almost half of the baskets today. Killed the course. I went out and threw #1, then saw #2 taped up just in time for the truck to drive up with 7 baskets in the back. So disappointed. We just had to hang our heads, and shuffle our way to the old course. It's such a shame.
BarefootDiscer
Barney

Postby Wookie » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 am

Has anyone said why they had to pull the baskets? We were there about 11 yesterday and got to play the course, the new layout was fun.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby grease » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:42 pm

I heard a rumor so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently they didn't get permission to use that portion of the land. Kinda makes sense, as there is a clear dividing line between new holes 2-8 and the rest of the course.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby BP » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:46 pm

That area was not officially approved which is why we put them in a temporary fashion (5 mins to yank one out). We now await approval of the use of that area based on that layout. During this time we'll produce an additional layout that should be ready sooner than later as Kevin is going out today for a review.

It also did not help that a participant was driving a wiener hybrid vehicle during the tournament!

grease wrote:I heard a rumor so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently they didn't get permission to use that portion of the land. Kinda makes sense, as there is a clear dividing line between new holes 2-8 and the rest of the course.
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:26 pm

It's referred to here as the "Sex Machine". Cobb county can't handle it. That's why I moved to Hiram.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby billnchristy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:05 am

Don't mess with our weiner mobiles Bob.

I can get to any course within a 250mi radius (500mi round trip) for $25...or...basically free lunch.

Anyone who likes lunch should be able to understand that math.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:15 am

Mine is uber-weiner as it gets around 60 mpg but 0 man points.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby billnchristy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:46 am

A moped?
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:56 am

Honda Insight. It became the 2nd ugliest car when the Smart Cars came out.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby billnchristy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:44 pm

The original one with the rear wheel covers?
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:38 pm

That's the one.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby billnchristy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:55 pm

Awesome...you make my prius look hardcore. :D