INDIAN CREEK (NON-PDGA) TOURNAMENT - SAT OCT 23

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

INDIAN CREEK (NON-PDGA) TOURNAMENT - SAT OCT 23

Postby celticbro » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Basically, this is some hand-me-down info from the Morgan Co Parks & Rec site to promote the new disc golf course in Rutledge at Indian Creek Park. I played it last Saturday and enjoyed it pretty well. Reminds me a bit of East Roswell and, as others have told me, a few of the holes in Appling.

You can see my full review and details at DGCourseReview.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4163

I know this tournament is conflicting with a couple of others going on around and outside the ATL. It would still be good to have a nice turnout if possible. I'd like to be there, but I was originally leaning towards Jim and Brock's tournament in Ellijay on that same weekend. Or else, I could be out of town on business - not sure yet. Anyhow, just pass this around to some folks out there who would be interested in playing at Indian Creek that day. Don't know if it's 1 or 2 rounds, but call either numbers below for more info.

http://www.parks.morganga.org/Programs/ ... fault.aspx

The Morgan County Recreation Department is excited to offer our first Disc Golf Tournament at the Rotary Club’s Disc Golf Course at Indian Creek Park in Rutledge. The format will be individual stroke play. Discs can be purchased at the Recreation Departments main office at 1253 College Dr. This will be a fun and learning experience for most likely everyone. Drinks and concessions will be available. Awards will be given for different age brackets to be set. 12 and under, 13 to 17, 18 to 35, 36 to 45,46 to 55, and 56+ Call for more info. 706-342-0588. Or call Bill Wood (aka Mr. Bill), Director of Morgan Co P&R at 706-342-9340 M-F.

Fee: $15.00 per person
Deadline to Register: October 16, 2010
Tournament Date: October 23 at 10:00 AM
celticbro
Barney

Re: INDIAN CREEK (NON-PDGA) TOURNAMENT - SAT OCT 23

Postby luke » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:55 am

They're giving awards to age brackets? Somebody throw them a bone...
luke
Star Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:57 am

So how many ADV players are going to go get fake IDs so they can bag 13-17? :lol:

Heard at the awards ceremony:

"GET OLDER!"
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:23 pm

I had an email conversation with the Parks & Rec Program Supervisor and have posted more info below. It sounds like a pretty casual event so please go out an enjoy yourself and support their event. I am hearing very good things about the course.

Mr. Williams,

This will be our first tournament at our new course at Indian Creek Park. I want to run it purely recreational. I went to the Disc Golf Associations website and printed off Rules for recreational play that we will be using. I plan on playing in groups of four (all players keeping their own scores and other players enforcing rules). If we get enough participants I would also like to do a shotgun start but only if I have20+ participants. I’ve also changed the age format to 17 and under, 18 and up, and open class for out of county participants. It will be one round (If you have never played the course, its super fun but pretty physically demanding with a lot of uphill downhill shots) You do have to reserve a spot by paying up front we can do a credit or debit over the phone. We also will take day of payments with a $10 late fee. There won’t be any payouts I’m trying to get some trophies/plaques made for each age bracket 1st and 2nd and a disc of choice (from our inventory) for 3rd. If you have any questions or helpful info we can be reached at 706-342-0588!

Thanks,

Chris Sides
Program Supervisor
Morgan County Parks and Recreation
706-342-0588

More Info:

Mr. Williams,

(Edited) .. Our deadline is the 16th but we don’t have a lot of participants (a lot of interest but not a lot have committed) so I will most likely allow sign-ups through Friday the 22nd at 5 for $15. There is no outsourced payment method (online) right now if a person wants to play just have them call our office and tell myself or our secretary there name, location, and we can do the payment by card over the phone. We would like an RSVP even if they want to pay day of. Rain and lack of signed up participants will cancel the event and I don’t want someone to drive from Atlanta if we cancel for some reason.

Thanks,

Chris
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby celticbro » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Just wondering why this tournament isn't listed on the main tournament listings page. The Ellijay tourney is, but not this one??? That doesn't make a whole lotta sense.
celticbro
Barney

Postby gvan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:37 am

Did anyone ask that it be added? I took a quick gander in the requests thread but didn't see anything related to the course. Post a request here and Keith can add it.
uǝʞuɐɹʌ uɐʌ ʇıɹɹǝƃ
gvan

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments