Have you been to the ADGO site lately?

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Have you been to the ADGO site lately?

Postby Woodrow » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:36 am

The ADGO Board of Directors is planning on a redesign of the club home page. We're reaching out here to see what sort of features you think would be attractive to new visitors and provide more of the membership with a reason for visiting the site often. So please regale us with your ideas. Thanks.
Woodrow

Re: Have you been to the ADGO site lately?

Postby billnchristy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:16 am

How about stories about goings on (ie Wills rebuild, new courses, events, big tourney wins etc.)?

You gotta remember, the front page is like a tee sign, most of us don't "need" it but if you want new people to have a good time on your course (site) then having a nice tee sign (home page) is a good idea.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:36 am

I think we should add a Whiner Page. It would be a great resource for people to post new projects and ideas so someone else could go out an do the actual work.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:43 am

VERMIN wrote:I think we should add a Whiner Page. It would be a great resource for people to post new projects and ideas so someone else could go out an do the actual work.

You could just make it the tag line for each forum if that is easier
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:12 am

Maybe just easily catalog the whining:

Whines about courses
Whines about tournaments
Whines about people
Whines about clubs

with subsections of each
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby BP » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:52 pm

I like the idea of weekly highlights, articles on a local player or course, blogs, etc...
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
http://www.disccaddie.com
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby Rubiks » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:01 pm

In addition to listing all the local courses, consider adding a short description to each. Just a sentence or two that would help an out-of-towner or someone unfamiliar decide which courses they might enjoy the most. Right now what I have to do when I travel is sort through the PDGA course directory and dg course review, and check hole lengths and reviews to find out whether a course is long/short, wooded/open, flat/hilly, etc. Repeat that process for every course in the area and try to figure out what I might like. Whereas you could have

J. P. Moseley: Long course, mix of open and wooded holes. Some true par 4's and 5's, concrete teepads.
    East Roswell: Heavily wooded with lots of elevation changes. Concrete teepads.
    Alexander: Mostly short and open par-3 course. Water comes into play on one hole. Two sets of concrete tees.

So if you're in town and want a challenge, you play Moseley. If you don't like woods, you play Alex. My $0.02
Support Collegiate Disc Golf

National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships
Hippodrome Disc Golf Complex
April 12-15, 2012 in North Augusta, SC
Rubiks
Pro Plastic

Postby red » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:19 pm

pictures of hot naked women on different georgia disc golf courses
red
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:30 pm

Shwing!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Lewis » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:09 am

Rubiks wrote:In addition to listing all the local courses, consider adding a short description to each. Just a sentence or two that would help an out-of-towner or someone unfamiliar decide which courses they might enjoy the most. Right now what I have to do when I travel is sort through the PDGA course directory and dg course review, and check hole lengths and reviews to find out whether a course is long/short, wooded/open, flat/hilly, etc. Repeat that process for every course in the area and try to figure out what I might like....

There is already a "Directions, Scorecard, Map, GPS, Pictures, etc..." page on every course's board in these forums. But contributors to this site would have to step up and provide content to fill out the information for each course, and then maintain it so the information doesn't get stale. For example, if you have on the Wills page that it has natural tee pads and old rusty Mach 2 baskets, as of the past couple of months that information would be false. Another easy way to do this would be to add a link to each course's page on Disc Golf Course Review or the PDGA website or Disc Golf Scene, and piggyback on those other sites' databases.
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Return to Q & A