GSSS '11

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

GSSS '11

Postby keith johnson » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:41 am

It's that time of year again boys and girls to get out some information about the GSSS for 2011.
It's actually a little later than usual, but with the Big A-tier wrapping up and 2 Events in the last 3 weeks it's been a little hectic. :mrgreen:

Stay tuned to http://www.supersixseries.com and the 2011 GSSS thread on this site for all the latest info.

There are a couple of changes in 2011 for the continued betterment of the Series.
The Parks Department changes in policies and pricing has removed the Crucible and Central from the schedule with Wills and a new course TBD to replace those 2 parks. It is regrettable to not have one of the top courses in the state to use, but the circumstances beyond my control have made it necessary to look elsewhere.

There will be 6 PDGA Sanctioned C-Tier Events roughly 6 weeks apart.

The first Event will be at Wills Park on Feb 12th, 2011 – and the Series Finale Event will be back at Lake Russell Sept 10-11, 2011. (remember you can book Cottages or Campsites starting on Oct 10th, 2010)

The series continues to have Events in the Western, Southern, Northern and Eastern areas around Metro Atlanta, utilizing some of Georgia’s finest courses.
To allow even better player planning, the individual signup windows are 6-7 weeks in advance for each Event.

2011 Tentative Event Schedule:
Event #1 Wills Park – FEB 12th - Alpharetta, GA - Individual Event signup begins Jan 1st, 2011
Event #2 White Oak – MAR 19th or 26th (depending on A-tier scheduling) - Dallas, GA - Individual Event signup begins Feb 5th, 2011
Event #3 McCurry Park - MAY 7th - Fayetteville, GA - Individual Event signup begins Mar 26th, 2011
Event #4 Meeks Park - JUN 18th - Blairsville, GA - Individual Event signup begins April 30th, 2010
Event #5 – TBD, - JUL 30th - GA - Individual Event signup begins June 25th, 2011
Event #6 Lake Russell - SEPT 10-11th - Elberton, GA - Individual Event signup begins Jul 3th, 2011

There will be the same entry fees as they have been every year.

You can sign up by going to the GSSS website http://www.supersixseries.com
You can also find all the GSSS merchandise including Hats, Beanies, Collared Dry Fit shirts, T-shirts, Towels, etc. as well as discs with the GSSS or A-Tier Fundraiser logos on them for only $5 shipping or by picking up your merchandise wherever you see me playing disc golf (Tournaments and Doubles) on the GSSS website.

The SERIES will continue to improve in 2011!

Thanks to all who have been a part of the Series in 2008, 2009, and 2010 - and if you missed out in the first 3 years, YOU CAN FIND OUT WHAT THE GSSS IS ABOUT IN 2011!

Some of the changes that took place in the past to make your SERIES experience better continue in 2011.

The 50/50 basket raffle for each Event continues in 2011. Tickets can be purchased for $1 each, 4 for $3 or 8 for $5. There is NO LIMIT to the amount of tickets purchased. All monies collected at each Event will be split 50/50 with the winning number getting half of all the monies collected, and the other share going to the GSSS Charity for 2011 - The EDGE Program. In 2010 the winners’ share of the 50/50 kitty was worth over 75 bucks on average at each Event!

5 tickets will be drawn at each Event with prizes awarded to each of the 5 (last one drawn wins the 50/50 kitty) and each of those 5 tickets will kept for the drawing at the end of the Series for a Sportcatcher basket! (Don't let Wes win another one :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )There will be a 1 in 30 chance to win the basket as in the past, plus a great chance to win some extra cash or goodies at each Event.
Seeing that all GSSS CTPS are always free and not buy-in, you can take your normal 3-10 dollars usually spent on CTP buy-ins and spend it on Raffle tickets.
The money raised for EDGE during the Series will be returning to Georgia and be committed to GROWING Disc Golf in Georgia Schools and Parks.
Read more on EDGE here: http://www.edgediscgolf.org

There will be no changes to the Series Points Bonus payouts, and you will still need to only play in 3 of the first 5 Events to qualify for the payouts. there were 20+ people that took advantage and qualified in 2010)

Signup for all 6 Events at one time begins November 1st and will run until December 31st, 2010 or until 22 (TWENTY TWO) spots are sold ONLY.

More info later!
Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Re: GSSS '11

Postby $Dollar$ » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:35 pm

First off, thank you for the GSSS 2010, and I'm excited about the GSSS 2011.

One thought- Why do we play Meeks every year? They already run another PDGA event there within a couple months of the GSSS. But mainly, with so many nice NEW courses with CONCRETE Tee pads, why would you want to play a tournament there when the teeing area is a foot deep with kitty litter?????

Here's a short list of courses that are nice, have concrete tees, and little to no tournament exposure.

-Sandy Creek Park- Only one tourny there since the course went it. Not to mention it's a sweet course with tons of options for a tourny layout.
-Indian Creek Park - This course is hurting for a PDGA event. With a little trimming this is one of the sweetest par 3 courses around.
-Alexander Park (I know this course gets a lot of play, and the GDGO has a Monopoly on Tournament action, but the fact that there has only been one PDGA rated round since the course went it is pretty shule considering how nice the park is.)
-GA Veterans State Park- Pretty sweet course with nice tees and plenty of room and facilities
-Patriot's Park - GSSS hasn't been near Augusta is a couple years and Pats has only seen PDGA action for one round during The Top Gun the last few years.

Feel free to move this post, as all these courses need a tourny whether it's GSSS or not.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Sandy Creek! Athens is such a sweet town too.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:01 pm

at Jason:

It seems your memory is as short as Greg's - as the Series name question has been asked and answered all 3 years, but I'll answer it again for you. If I wish to do anything more with it the name is already there - sorta like the Fabulous Florida Tour I helped create, and the Cactus Series in Arizona - why think small?

Also since you didn't obviously read the post in response to Greg on the other thread where I already explained what you are whining about evenb though you posted on it (because I can't believe your reading comprehension skills could be that poor) I'll just let you read it or read it again until it makes sense to you, or until you figure out that what you said does not make any logical sense.

Thanks for your input, and for catching that I left tentative out of the 2011 thread even though I mentioned it was AFTER the NT and A-Tier Event schedules were set on the other thread several times - since you seem to gloss over what is written and just clip out words to quote which taken out of context make no sense.

Hope to see you at Lake Russell!

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:04 pm

Huh?

Why are you talking to me, and what other thread are you speaking of...i'm confused....anyone else?
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:06 pm

billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:41 pm

Ridesbrd wrote:Huh?

Why are you talking to me, and what other thread are you speaking of...i'm confused....anyone else?

He was probably referring to the post you made that was deleted with the whining about locking up future dates in 2011 and the fact no event in 2011 could be sanctioned until after November of this year. You also mentioned that Lake Russell would probably be your only event in the GSSS 2011 series... 8)
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:13 pm

VERMIN wrote:

He was probably referring to the post you made that was deleted with the whining about locking up future dates in 2011 and the fact no event in 2011 could be sanctioned until after November of this year. You also mentioned that Lake Russell would probably be your only event in the GSSS 2011 series... 8)

Huh i don't see that anywhere, i think you guys are all going nuts.....did the aliens get you again? I think Keith is losing it in his old age, lots of accusations around here.......
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Ridesbrd wrote:
VERMIN wrote:

Huh i don't see that anywhere, i think you guys are all going nuts.....did the aliens get you again? I think Keith is losing it in his old age, lots of accusations around here.......

You are not calling me a liar are you? :geek:
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:37 pm

From the forum logs...
Ridesbrd | 72.158.95.XXX | Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:51 pm | Deleted post “Re: GSSS '11” written by » Ridesbrd
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby Ridesbrd » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:07 am

mrpbody33 wrote:From the forum logs...
Ridesbrd | 72.158.95.XXX | Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:51 pm | Deleted post “Re: GSSS '11” written by » Ridesbrd

That should be a violation of board policy, barry! :? :D
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments