GSSS#6 5th Annual FCOpen 9/24-9/26 - VERY IMPORTANT INFO!

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

GSSS#6 5th Annual FCOpen 9/24-9/26 - VERY IMPORTANT INFO!

Postby keith johnson » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:56 pm

UPDATE 8-23-10!!!

ALL ADV DIVISIONS WILL PLAY ALL 3 DAYS! - FIELD LIMIT IS NOW DOWN TO 168!

Tee times are at 10 minutes with a 1/2 hour buffer before PROS eliminating 12 spots - which also allows 2 hours for any weather delays.

After hearing several comments and concerns from AM players, and after thinking it over during of the last couple of months - I have decided to make the AM side of the GSSS Finale at Central Park a B-Tier with with INT AND REC DIVISION PLAYERS playing on just SAT and SUN only with tee times.
It pains me to change it, but the overwhelming number of AM players who could NOT play it as a 3 day Event makes it where this is the best decision for all concerned and allows everyone plenty of time to adjust their scheduling.

This also accomplishes several things that benefit all of the AM players - and takes nothing away from the PRO players.
1) It allows the non-travelling INT AND REC players not to have to take a day off from work or school (as school is in everywhere at that time) - saving them some money.
2) It keeps the AM players from having to be a CURRENT PDGA member to play - as a B-Tier on the AM side you would only have to pay the $10 Non member fee if not current.
3) You will still receive a players pack valued at A-Tier minimum value or higher.
4) It allows players that do have Friday off to be able to watch some of the top players play without having to be up early and playing first, thereby shortening the day in the sun before coming to the FLY MART FRIDAY night at the host hotel - complete with a cash bar.
5) If you are staying at the hotel it saves you another hotel night room cost, and it possibly saves gas money for you as you could take the shuttle to the course if you wished.
6) It should allow for larger fields and more competition with all the INT AND REC divisions only playing SAT and SUN - as well as follows what the rest of the contry has done with concurrently run PRO A/AM B-Tiers.

I will contact by phone or E-mail all AMS who have registered already.
Anyone who wishes to change divisions or has any questions or concerns may PM or E-mail me, and I will respond as soon as I can.

16 Individual Tee signs are available at $25 for Tee sign only or $35 for Tee sign and CFR disc. Deadline is SEPTEMBER 20th to get your Tee sign and name in the program.
Help support the Finale and advertise yourself or your business to players from all over the USA.
Holes 1 and 6 are taken.

Players list for Event 6 can be found here: http://www.pdga.com/event?TournID=9704

Some of the Extra things happening at the Event on the 24th-26th of September 2010:

Anyone staying at the Host Hotel - The Hilton Garden Inn - will have a free Breakfast Voucher ($11 value) for the full buffet and omelet station for each night spent there.
$59 King Rooms come with 2 Breakfast Vouchers and $69 doubles come with 4 Breakfast Vouchers - per day
Anyone booking the adjoining suite rooms for Only $89 (sleeps 8 with 2 bathrooms, 2 microwaves, and 2 fridges) will have 8 vouchers per day!
The Series Finale will have a Fly Mart open to anyone with a cash bar on Friday Night.
Saturday night will have a players party for all 180 players, along with their friends and families with food, and a cash bar.
There will also be putting and mini golf contests in the area outside the banquet room on Saturday night.

The hotel will provide a shuttle service to and from Central each day at 2 hour intervals for people travelling together with spaced out tee times, so 1 person doesn't have to spend the whole day at the course or scramble for rides if they only have one car!
With an Indoor pool and workout area as well as a 24 hour business center and convenience store in the hotel - as well as several restaurants and stores within a world record distance throw from the hotel entrance - anything you could need or want is within a 5 minute walk.

There is also early check-in with free goodies when you check in and late check out, and several other great things to numerous to list here that the DISC GOLFERS will enjoy!

The direct link to book online here: http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi ... cn=ATLALGI

You will receive the great rates listed above staying anytime between Sept 23rd thru Sept 27th, 2010.

Please let anyone you know whose name you see on the AM players list know that doesn't frequent the message boards in case I have bad contact info - thereby covering all the bases. I will list players I haven't heard from at the end of the month after Hotlanta as several of them will be there.

More info soon!

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Re: GSSS #6 5th Annual Forsyth County Open/VERY IMPORTANT I

Postby Cha Ching » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:48 am

One am's opinion....that blows!! :?
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:00 am

Will there be a REC Division? I noticed some guys were already listed in that division but it is usually not offered in an A Tier.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby atl scott » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Cha Ching wrote:One am's opinion....that blows!! :?

Agreed. Will it still be 3 rounds or only 2? If only 2 why not have both rounds on Saturday and save us all some more money?
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby ksand » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:02 pm

I've got to say I'm pretty disappointed in this too, but it will be nice to get an opportunity to see the pros play Friday.
ksand
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:34 pm

VERMIN wrote:Will there be a REC Division? I noticed some guys were already listed in that division but it is usually not offered in an A Tier.

Yes - that's one of the reasons for having the AM'S as a B-tier - so that there aren't REC's playing in an A-tier, and alot of players not wanting to play 3 days on that layout, but wanting to play are REC players - and REC players also are more likely to NOT be PDGA members.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:35 pm

atl scott wrote:

Agreed. Will it still be 3 rounds or only 2? If only 2 why not have both rounds on Saturday and save us all some more money?

Still tee times, so 2 rounds (1 per day) of Par 61 Golf.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:39 pm

I may still do (depending on feedback) ADV Divisions along with the PROS as a 3 day A-Tier and the other AM Divisions as a 2 day - since most if not all of the ADV players are already current.

That's also why I'm going to contact everyone and see what the ADV players want to do.

Either way it will still be NO FRIDAY golf for the INT and REC divisions for sure.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Thanks for the feedback so far!
keith johnson

Postby Cha Ching » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:29 pm

keith johnson wrote:

I may still do (depending on feedback) ADV Divisions along with the PROS as a 3 day A-Tier and the other AM Divisions as a 2 day - since most if not all of the ADV players are already current.

That's also why I'm going to contact everyone and see what the ADV players want to do.

Either way it will still be NO FRIDAY golf for the INT and REC divisions for sure.

Lake Russell will be my last Int tourney. :D Come on Keith.. i want a Friday tee time! :D
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Cha Ching wrote:
keith johnson wrote:

Lake Russell will be my last Int tourney. :D Come on Keith.. i want a Friday tee time! :D

So are you saying you want to play ADV in the Finale, and vote yes to having ADV play 3 days?
keith johnson

Postby Cha Ching » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Thats correct!
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:29 pm

keith johnson wrote:
VERMIN wrote:Will there be a REC Division? I noticed some guys were already listed in that division but it is usually not offered in an A Tier.

Yes - that's one of the reasons for having the AM'S as a B-tier - so that there aren't REC's playing in an A-tier, and alot of players not wanting to play 3 days on that layout, but wanting to play are REC players - and REC players also are more likely to NOT be PDGA members.

Uh...OK...I noticed there wasn't a change in the online registration drop down box so I thought I would ask. I will keep an eye out for updates
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:53 pm

VERMIN wrote:
keith johnson wrote:

Uh...OK...I noticed there wasn't a change in the online registration drop down box so I thought I would ask. I will keep an eye out for updates

Haven't updated with PDGA or PDGA Signup as it was Friday night when I first posted about change - will have them change it on MONDAY or whenever they can get to it.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:39 pm

PDGA, PDGA SIGNUP, AND THE TOP POST ALL are all updated with the latest info.

Anyone playing in any listed division can signup here: http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore ... 1256866840
keith johnson

Postby atl scott » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Thanks Keith!
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby Al 7.0 Olds » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:30 am

This will be my first finally with GSSS.Is there a schedule posted somewhere? :?
Al Hause 39407
Al 7.0 Olds
DX Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:55 am

Since I have already scheduled the time off with my employer I find this last minute change disappointing.
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby keith johnson » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 am

mrpbody33 wrote:Since I have already scheduled the time off with my employer I find this last minute change disappointing.

Understandable - and I'm sorry, but hopefully over 6 weeks was enough time to make adjustments for most people that need to.

A few others that had already planned to have the 3 days off have moved to ADV to be able to play all 3 rounds - maybe that's an option for you also.

Since the points bonus will be over before this Event, division moving won't affect any points races, which was some peoples concerns about this Event.
keith johnson

Postby Cha Ching » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:27 pm

mrpbody33 wrote:Since I have already scheduled the time off with my employer I find this last minute change disappointing.

Play ADV Barry!! :D
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:14 pm

The GSSS pyramid scheme?
:shock: :o

Just kidding KJ!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby mrpbody33 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Cha Ching wrote:Play ADV Barry!! :D

I will if Keith moves me up for FREE! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:10 am

Al 7.0 Olds wrote:This will be my first finally with GSSS.Is there a schedule posted somewhere? :?

The Event info is in the top post, but the tee time block you would be in is determined by division played in - and will be the same all weekend with first groups teeing at 8AM SAT/SUN - but first groups later than that on FRI as there will not be REC or INT on that day and the PRO Open tees will be starting around noon.

As of right now the tee order will be [with divisions shifting up if the (if enough for division) divisions are not held]:
REC
INT
ADV GM (if enough for division)
ADV Masters
ADV
PRO SGM (if enough for division)
PRO GM (if enough for division)
PRO Masters
Pro Open
keith johnson

Re: GSSS#6 5th Annual FCOpen 9/24-9/26 - VERY IMPORTANT INFO

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 am

Spent SAT morning doing some more prep work and cutting/clearing on the course geting it ready for less than 3 weeks from now.

All baskets are in Event positions and will not move (except hole 7 which the park mowed over the sleeve for). New sleeve will be put in before the Event.

I'd really appreciate if all the players who said they were signing up when the changes were made would sign up as we are now less than 3 weeks away and there are less players signed up now than a regular GSSS Event :shock:

There is the Fly Mart on FRIDAY night and the players party on SAT night that will also let you have the opportunity to meet and greet several of the sports top players at the host hotel, where you can also stay at an outstanding rate with lots of included free goodies!

Book the hotel here: http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi ... cn=ATLALGI

All information in top post, and Hole by Hole descriptions will be posted later this week.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:50 am

95 spots left!

Don't miss out on your chance to be a part of Disc Golf History in GA!

Players list updated here:
http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results? ... =9704#Open
keith johnson

Postby kade.erp » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:20 am

keith johnson wrote:

:shock: Nice list of players there Keith. We haven't seen this many high caliber players since the NT came through. Well done on growing the tournament scene here in GA. Wish I could play.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:07 pm

kade.erp wrote:
keith johnson wrote:

:shock: Nice list of players there Keith. We haven't seen this many high caliber players since the NT came through. Well done on growing the tournament scene here in GA. Wish I could play.

You ain't seen nothin' yet . . . .

Yep, I signed up for Rec :wink:
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:21 am

With the addition of the 12X World Champion to the roster, there is now scheduled to appear all the World Champions from 1990 - 2010 except 1 from 1999!!

Just received confirmation that Honeybaked Ham will have their famous $5 lunch boxes available for purchase at Tournament Central all 3 days so you can grab lunch at the course after your round or show up early and have a nice lunch before heading out to play depending on your tee time.

Also got news yesterday that there will be a couple of thousand spectators in the park SAT with most of them getting their first look at disc golf - so signup and come show off your skills. :mrgreen:

A reminder to book your hotel rooms at the great rate before the deadline.

Direct link to book your rooms:
http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi ... ndex.jhtml

Direct link to sign up:
http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore ... 1256866840

The Pro players that have given me confirmations of their playing in the Event will have until SEPT 21st to fill out the entry form online, or can pay in cash at the Augusta Classic A-Tier the weekend before.

14 days until the largest 1st place PRO OPEN payout topping all other A-tiers in 2010 except 1 - and larger than 5 of the 9 2010 NT's except for the Vibram Open, Memorial, Minnesota Majestic, and Beaver State Fling!

Come down and stake your claim to be the best of the best and walk away with $2000 in cash! 9 days before the USDGC.
keith johnson

Postby Dr. Manhattan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Has the course layout been posted yet?
Dr. Manhattan
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:35 pm

Welcome to PGA Superstore as the newest Sponsor of the Event in 10 days!

They are supplying goodies for EVERY competitor in ALL divisions as well as becoming the TITLE Sponsor for the Georgia's Super Six Series (GSSS) for 2011!

Thanks to Joe Shepard - the Marketing Director - for his continued support of Disc Golf as disc golf merchandise is now carried at all of the ATL area 3 stores and he is also getting into the Texas and other markets where they have stores.
Check them out in your area, and if they are not carrying disc golf equipment, be sure to ask for their manager to get in touch with Joe to get it in your home store.

Don't get left out of one of the best payouts of the year! Time is running out!

Signup here: http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore ... 1256866840
keith johnson

Postby nixonrocks » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:08 pm

keith johnson wrote:Welcome to PGA Superstore as the newest Sponsor of the Event in 10 days!

They are supplying goodies for EVERY competitor in ALL divisions as well as becoming the TITLE Sponsor for the Georgia's Super Six Series (GSSS) for 2011!

Thanks to Joe Shepard - the Marketing Director - for his continued support of Disc Golf as disc golf merchandise is now carried at all of the ATL area 3 stores and he is also getting into the Texas and other markets where they have stores.
Check them out in your area, and if they are not carrying disc golf equipment, be sure to ask for their manager to get in touch with Joe to get it in your home store.

Don't get left out of one of the best payouts of the year! Time is running out!

The PGASSGSSS?? :P

All joking aside, that's really awesome! Is the layout gonna be the same as the AO with Hole 10 not in the temporary position?
Brett "Maverick" Nix

PDGA# 41831

Maverick@Mobyinthemorning.com
nixonrocks
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Hole 4 straight away and hole 10 (original 11 in right position) are the only changes from AO layout - all baskets are in position for the last 8 days as mentioned in the earlier post except Hole 7 which the park mangled the sleeve for.
Dave Kenney has said he will get it replaced in time to set up for the Event.

I'll post Hole by Hole descriptions for the Event this evening.
keith johnson

Postby billnchristy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:55 pm

Great news! I will be keeping an eye on things while we are at US Women's nationals.

Don't forget to root for our girls, so far it is Christy in REC and Diana in ADV and possibly Courtney in Open!!
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Hole by Hole Descriptions for all 3 days - course has 1 change for tee pad 18 for SAT ONLY!

Layout for Central Park for the 2010 Forsyth County Open!
HOLE BY HOLE DESCRIPTIONS “SUPERSIZED MAX” CENTRAL PARK (PAR 60)

TWO METER RULE IS IN EFFECT

SURROUNDED BY WATER IN ANY CREEK ANYWHERE ON COURSE IS OB.

INSIDE ANY FENCED AREA ANYWHERE ON THE COURSE LOCKED OR UNLOCKED IS OB.

OUTSIDE THE CONCRETE/GRASS EDGE OF CURBING-INCLUDING STORM DRAINS AND PAVILIONS IS OB

ON OR BEYOND ANY WALKING PATH RUNNING PARALLEL TO THE FAIRWAY IS OB

(WHEN TEEING ACROSS OR FROM WALKING PATHS THEY ARE NOT OB).

CROSSING BEYOND ANY STRING LINE IS OB

Hole 1 300 ft Par 3
Tees from flags near corner of parking lot to the practice basket.
Grass/edge of concrete defines OB line. Beyond concrete is OB.
To next cross street. Tee from Tee #1 Red tee

Hole 2 670 ft Par 4
Original Hole 1 Red tee to #2 basket
Beyond string on right is OB. Road and beyond (grass/edge concrete-including storm drain) is O.B.
MANDO!!! Right of marked light pole. Drop zone is original #2 Blue tee.
To next tee turn right, follow trail across bridge then to the left - to #3 blue tee

Hole 3 325 ft Par 3
Blue tee to basket ahead and slightly right
To next tee turn left towards tree line, cross bike trail to #4 blue tee

Hole 4 350 ft Par 3
Blue tee to basket straight ahead
To next tee turn left follow trail back across bridge, then turn right #5 blue tee

Hole 5 480 ft Par 4
Blue tee to basket in long placement
MANDO!!! Right of the marked fence pole. Drop zone is #5 Red tee.
Inside fenced area / string line is O.B.
To next tee turn right and back towards tree line to #6 blue

Hole 6 455 ft Par 4
Blue tee to basket across creek
Surrounded by water is O.B. Disc on top of bridge is I.B.
To next tee, cross bridge towards path to #7 red tee

Hole 7 350 ft Par 3
Tees from Red tee to basket on top of hill.
To next tee turn right towards the trees to #8 blue

Hole 8 385 ftPar 3
Blue tee to basket near fence
Inside / under fenced area is O.B.
To next tee, go straight ahead 60 feet to #9 blue

Hole 9 730 ft Par 4
Original 9 Blue tee to #10 Basket
Path and beyond O.B. Inside fence / string line is O.B.
To next tee turn right towards trees to original #11 blue tee

Hole 10 390 ft Par 3
Original 11 Blue tee to basket on right
Beyond string line on right is O.B. Path and beyond is O.B.
To next tee go up the hill to asphalt path to12A Red tee

Hole 11 625 ft Par 4
Original 12A Red tee to 12B basket outside of woods
Surrounded by water in creek that crosses fairway is O.B.
To next tee turn left to #12C Blue tee

Hole 12 350 ft Par 3
(Original 12C) Blue tee to basket straight ahead
To next tee turn left and follow arrows to #12D Red tee

Hole 13 320 ft Par 3
Tee from 12D Red tee to a basket ahead in the woods.
To next tee, turn left down path to 12E Blue tee

Hole 14 325 Par 3
(Original 12E) Blue tee to pin ahead in long position.
Inside / under fenced area is OB. Surrounded by water in creek is OB.
To next tee, follow arrows to cross at bridge, turn left and follow arrows to Red tee for Original 12I

Hole 15 286 ft Par 3
Original 12I Red tee to basket straight ahead.
Surrounded by water in creek is OB.
To next tee walk straight ahead along tree line to original 13 Red tee

Hole 16 675 Par 4
Original 13 Red tee to #14 basket on side of hill
Inside / Under fenced area is O.B. Surrounded by water is O.B.
To next tee turn back and left to original 15 red tee

Hole 17 275 ft Par 3
Original 15 Red tee to short pin position.
MANDO!!! Right of big tree, Drop Zone is white tee.
To next tee turn back, walk past Hole 16 to original 17 blue tee

Hole 18 400 ft Par 3 FRI and SUN SAT ONLY Tee is 50 ft up and to the right
Original 17 Blue tee to basket straight ahead on flat ground
To turn scorecard in at the starters table, walk between ball fields and playground into parking lot area.
Continue up the crosswalks until the last row of the parking lot – then left to corner of the parking lot where Handicapped signs are.
keith johnson

Postby 12StonesScott » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Keith, will there be a player's meeting at any point, or is everyone responsible for reading the local rules/conditions/hole layout info on their own and asking questions if necessary? With tee times and with only the pros playing on Friday I assume there won't be one, but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on either page of the thread (even did a search for "meeting" on both pages, so if I missed it it wasn't because I didn't try :wink: ) Just trying to plan out when I need to be where for the weekend.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:17 am

Registered players here: http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results? ... =9704#Open

I will be sending Emails to everyone registered on Monday with info and general tee time blocks based of of predicted numbers - but subject to change if the field isn't gonna fill to 12 minutes instead of 10 or later start or combination of both of those will be something like (with 10 minutes) REC 7:40-8:00 - INT 8:10-9:00 SAT AND SUN ONLY.
For FRIDAY start times will be something like ADV MASTERS 9:10-9:30 - ADV 9:40-10:30 - with pros starting around 11AM and so on. I will be posting info here, on PDGA.com, and at the Host hotel and again on WED night with tee times after signups close and I know how many are really in. - I've scheduled a players meeting on THURS night at 7PM at the Host Hotel - but I know that not 100% of people will show - so hopefully they will read their Emails or check one of those locations for info - this is how it has been all across the country for FRI/SAT/SUN Events - it is on the players to make sure to check for where and when they are supposed to be.
With no REC or INT on Friday no one should have any issues on being late as traffic all heads AWAY from the course from the host hotel on FRIDAY - locals will have to give themselves enough time to account for traffic - They can't use SAT morning drive to course times for FRI Round as the traffic is totally different- and that's another great reason to stay at the Host Hotel. :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:05 am

Sent to all currently registered players.

Welcome competitor,

You are receiving this E-mail as you are entered or said you would be participating in the Event when I had personally spoken with you sometime earlier this year. I'm looking forward to seeing you in the Event next weekend. Information about the Event follows:

If you have "said you would appear" at the Event, but have not signed up online to secure your spot, please do so before WED 9/22/10 here:

The host hotel - the Hilton Garden Inn with special rates and amenities for all competitors can be can be booked directly here:

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi ... cn=ATLALGI

The players meeting will be held Thursday night at 7:00 PM at the host hotel - follow signs there when coming into the lobby for location.

The following info and general tee time blocks are based of of predicted numbers of players - but are subject to change if the field isn't full to 12 minutes gaps instead of 10 or utilizing a later start or combination of both of those.

Tee times will be will be something like (with 10 minute gap) REC 7:40-8:00 - INT 8:10-9:00 these divisions are playing SAT AND SUN ONLY.

For FRIDAY - start times will be something like ADV MASTERS 9:10-9:30 - ADV 9:40-10:30 - with pros starting around 11AM and so on. I will be posting info on PDGA.com, and at the Host hotel and will Email you again on WED night with tee times after the Event signup closes and I know how many are really in. - I've scheduled a players meeting on THURS night at 7PM at the Host Hotel - but I know that not 100% of people will show - so hopefully you will call my cell at 305-720-8422 if you can't make the meeting or check the PDGA website or Host Hotel locations for info - this is how it has been all across the country for FRI/SAT/SUN Events - it is on the players to make sure to check for where and when they are supposed to be.

With no REC or INT players on Friday no one should have any issues on being late as traffic all heads AWAY from the course from the host hotel on FRIDAY - locals will have to give themselves enough time to account for traffic - You can't use SAT morning drive times for the FRI Round as the traffic is totally different - that's another great reason to stay at the Host Hotel.

Sincerely,
Keith Johnson
TD 5th Annual Forsyth County Open
keith johnson

Postby 12StonesScott » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:35 pm

Keith -- just want to confirm something. On tourney hole 2 (#1 tee area to #2 basket) the light pole marked with the arrow is the ONLY mando pole, correct? IOW, having made the mando on my tee shot but ended up in the road, I take my second shot one meter in from the edge of the concrete alongside the road. I can throw on either side of any of the remaining light poles along the road between me and the basket -- is that right?
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:51 am

12StonesScott wrote:Keith -- just want to confirm something. On tourney hole 2 (#1 tee area to #2 basket) the light pole marked with the arrow is the ONLY mando pole, correct? IOW, having made the mando on my tee shot but ended up in the road, I take my second shot one meter in from the edge of the concrete alongside the road. I can throw on either side of any of the remaining light poles along the road between me and the basket -- is that right?

Correct - once you have passed the only mando, you may choose any route to the basket.

I'ts better though if you make the Mando AND stay in bounds. :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:55 am

Only 81 spots left!

Signup closes WED night at 8PM EDT
Signup here:

Host Hotel link to register for a room is here: http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi ... cn=ATLALGI
keith johnson

Postby 12StonesScott » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:06 pm

keith johnson wrote:
12StonesScott wrote:Keith -- just want to confirm something. On tourney hole 2 (#1 tee area to #2 basket) the light pole marked with the arrow is the ONLY mando pole, correct? IOW, having made the mando on my tee shot but ended up in the road, I take my second shot one meter in from the edge of the concrete alongside the road. I can throw on either side of any of the remaining light poles along the road between me and the basket -- is that right?

Correct - once you have passed the only mando, you may choose any route to the basket.

I'ts better though if you make the Mando AND stay in bounds. :mrgreen:

But of course, and that's my plan. But it came up yesterday during doubles and I wanted to make sure I understood correctly.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:48 am

It's pretty sad that a tournament featuring a huge payout to the Pro players only has 4 (FOUR) local pros signed up that aren't part of Georgia's Team - Hammock, Phil (both Masters aged guys), Cody and Matlack. :(
Where's all the pros that are ALWAYS begging for action? You are only playing 1 round a day - leaving plenty of time to chill at the hotel pool. :mrgreen:

You still have 35 hours left to change that statistic. 8)

Online Registration closes at 8 PM WED night - and the tee times will be posted as soon as possible late WED night/ THUR morning here, at PDGA.com and at the Host Hotel - the Hilton Garden Inn

keith johnson

Postby billnchristy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:58 am

It's those damn AMs always taking all the....oh wait...nevermind... :o
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Where can you see 5+ World Champions and 3 USDGC Champs?

At the Fly Mart this FRIDAY night from 7PM-10 PM, Players Party SAT night from 7-11PM or on the course at Central any afternoon on FRI, SAT or SUN.

Ken, Dave, Avery, Brad, Phil, and Nikko and possibly another World Champion will all be battling for the $2000 1st place prize, so signup and be part of the Event, or come by during the evenings to mingle with, and you can get autographs and merchandise from some or maybe all of these players FRI night at the Fly Mart as they usually have some goodies for sale to help keep them on the road between Events.

Signup closes in 20 hours!

keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:06 am

At the FlyMart on FRIDAY night from 7 PM -10 PM at the Hilton Garden Inn / Alpharetta off Windward Parkway and 400 (same hotel as used for the A/O)
there will be several items at the silent Auction that you may wish to grab.

For the RUSH fans - I have a pair of tickets in row E Orchestra section (up close and personal) which include the Nalley Cars VIP Club Access and parking pass for the show Sept 29th at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre!

For you Braves fans - I have 2 sets of tickets - 1 pair of upper box seats box 415R for SAT night OCT 2nd against the Phillies which will be the battle for 1st place in the division along with 1 pair of upper box seats box 415L for the SUN afternoon game against the Phillies.

There will also be a Traveller basket, Innova Items, several one of a kind discs, 50/50 raffle tickets and other select goodies which will help raise funds for the Event and EDGE.

Please make it a point to come out - even if you are not playing as you do NOT have to be playing in the Event to attend the Fly Mart.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby billnchristy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:38 am

Nice article on the PDGA site.

http://www.pdga.com/forsyth-county-open
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:06 am

keith johnson wrote:For the RUSH fans - I have a pair of tickets in row E Orchestra section (up close and personal) which include the Nalley Cars VIP Club Access and parking pass for the show Sept 29th at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre!

OOOOOOOOOF SALESMEN!!!!
ImageRushknuckle anyone?
SWEET!! :wink:
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Finished putting the players packages together for the competitors.

ALL players will receive a players package with ALL AMS getting packages worth over $40! :shock:

INT and REC players are getting packages worth the same or more than their entry fee, AND still getting paid out to 50% of the field!

There is less than 7 hours left to signup so don't miss out on the chance to play.

keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:05 pm

FRIDAY Tee times are posted here: http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results? ... =9704#Open

Reminder that INT and REC play SAT and SUN only - so TEE TIMES listed are for SAT morning in those 2 divisions

Players meeting tomorrow THURSDAY 9/23 at 7:30 PM at the Host Hotel - The Hilton Garden Inn / Alpharetta

Fly Mart FRI night 7-10 PM and players party SAT Night 7-11PM (with light hot and cold hors' dourves) at the Host Hotel

You DO NOT have to be playing in the Event to be at the FlyMart or Players party.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:49 am

Remember to bring $5 with you each day to buy the famous Honeybaked Ham lunch boxes with choice of Ham, Turkey, or Club sandwhiches, Chips and Cookie. Bottled water will also be available from them all 3 days. They will be set up near the starters table at Hole 1.

Please support your sponsors!

Thanks.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:02 pm

keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:59 pm

2nd day results - Matty O shooting a course low 48 - course essentially 1 stoke easier today with 1 shorter tee for anticipated walkers from fun day being held at the park today with 3000 people in attendance.

Chuck Kennedy fixed it!!!

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results? ... ngs=1#Open
keith johnson

Postby Woodrow » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:09 pm

keith johnson wrote:.... fun day being held at the park today with 3000 people in attendance.
Good planning.
Woodrow

Postby keith johnson » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Woodrow wrote:
keith johnson wrote:.... fun day being held at the park today with 3000 people in attendance.
Good planning.

Especially when they knew for 11 months about the Disc Golf Event being held the same weekend. :shock:
keith johnson

Postby Woodrow » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:18 pm

Those bas-tards!
Woodrow

Postby keith johnson » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Tee times and score link fixed upthread.
keith johnson

Postby atl scott » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Thanks Keith for another great series of tournaments! Keep up the good work!
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Unless something weird happened, I believe Climo won by 1 over Feldberg and 3 over Avery. He was up 3 with 3 to go. KC went par par, Feldberg birdie birdie. Feldberg's drive was a lille down the hill and Climo 20 away on 18, Felberg hits basket, Climo misses his chicken, Climo wins by 1. Orum blew up the last round - never seen someone so good go so bad. It was like Dana Plato.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Moose » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:32 pm

I think something weird happened by the txt I just got.
Confirming before I post.
Last edited by Moose on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Though no one can go back in time and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
Moose
DX Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:34 pm

Bengals Won... WHO DEY!!!

VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Moose » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Ok so here is what happened. Felberg and Climo tied going into last hole. Avery birdies...Feldberg par's and Climo misses 12 footer for the win. So three way sudden death playoff. Feldberg clips tree on first playoff hole and is eliminated. Climo goes OB on 2nd hole and Avery wins. Thanks for posting Funky Bobby Misinformation.......SLAM.....confirmed
"Though no one can go back in time and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
Moose
DX Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:28 pm

Sorry misinformed by roving scorekeeper I guess - I blew outta there after they putted out.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby BP » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Gallery score keeper had bad info and both Dave & Avery didn't realize they were tied w KC even after the missed putt :shock:
Bob Pressley
PDGA # 42766
http://www.disccaddie.com
Marietta Square
BP
Pro Plastic

Postby nixonrocks » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:29 pm

Thanks for a good weekend as always Keith. Seeing that many world class pros that you read about in the magazines actually playing was awesome.
Brett "Maverick" Nix

PDGA# 41831

nixonrocks
DX Plastic

Pix

Postby 12StonesScott » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:19 pm

Rough cut of pictures of the pro groups on Saturday and Sunday; most of these haven't been tweaked or color corrected. Will post a more polished set to Flickr when I have time to do it right.

Saturday: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7 ... fc7fa0e449
Sunday: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7 ... c9a1780160
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:54 am

keith johnson

Postby 12StonesScott » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:44 am

Thanks, Keith, for running an excellent event. Had a good time despite my scores and the rain yesterday. And of course, thanks also to your family, the sponsors, and everyone else who helped make it happen.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:23 am

FCO5 afterthoughts...

-In open you had to average over 1020 to cash.
-If the winner beat you by more than 8 strokes, then you didn't cash!!! Proof that central has little to no scoring spread!
-It sucked to see all that added cash go to NO ONE from GA or to anyone who played any GSSS events this year.
-Keith did a great job making a sick payout!
-Dawn and Lorelei did a great job helping Keith run the event, as always.
-And lastly, The chick band doing Guns and Roses covers during the Sat round brutalized every song! With 10,000 people at Central Park, there had to be a better singer somewhere!!!
Last edited by $Dollar$ on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby nixonrocks » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:28 am

$Dollar$ wrote:And lastly, The chick band doing Guns and Roses covers during the Sat round brutalized every song! With 10,000 people at Central Park, there had to be a better singer somewhere!!!

Did you hear her singing AC/DC?? Bon Scott had to be turning over in his grave. :cry:
Brett "Maverick" Nix

PDGA# 41831

nixonrocks
DX Plastic

Postby 12StonesScott » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:30 am

$Dollar$ wrote:-And lastly, The chick band doing Guns and Roses covers during the Sat round brutalized every song! With 10,000 people at Central Park, there had to be a better singer somewhere!!!

True dat. I kept wondering if animal cruelty laws might not apply, either for what they were apparently doing to the singer, or for what she was doing to us.
12StonesScott
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:04 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:FCO5 afterthoughts...

-If the winner beat you by more than 8 strokes, then you didn't cash!!! Proof that central has little to no scoring spread!
-It sucked to see all that added cash go to NO ONE from GA or to anyone who played any GSSS events this year.
-And lastly, The chick band doing Guns and Roses covers during the Sat round brutalized every song! With 10,000 people at Central Park, there had to be a better singer somewhere!!!

Yeah, but think of how much better you are today because you got to spend the weekend playing with some of the top pros and learning from them. You'll probably raise 2 or 3 rating points from all that experience - so donating is worth it - right? :) - I'll donate on Sunday - maybe I'll get on your card a learn a ton at LITW - giddy with anticipation!!!!
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Bring the Funk!!!!
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:04 pm

I jus talked to Bradshaw and Plotky - we're all moving to Intermediate Masters.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:09 pm

by $Dollar$ » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:23 am

FCO5 afterthoughts...

You just had to shoot your rating in the 1st round to have cashed. And with 8 of the 11 cashing players rated 1020 or higher - you should kind of expect that it would be that way.
All 1000+ rated players had a 10 stroke top to bottom scoring spread for each of the 3 rounds - showing there is a scoring spread and a much better scoring spread than most par 60 courses.
It did suck that Phil shot a 60 the first round and then had 2 stellar rounds to get back to last cash and you don't know he is from GA and played in GSSS Events.
Thanks
They thank you also!
I had that bad version stuck in my head all night. :roll:
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:49 pm

http://www.pdga.com

Follow up story on the home page.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:29 am

Payout stats for those inclined...

Total Players 78

PROFESSIONALS
Total Pro Cash Purse Paid Out $8,650
Total Pro Net Entry Fees $2,687 322%
Net Cash Added to Purse $5,963
Pro Player Packs - $ Value $365
Pro Trophies - $ Value
Other Pro Prizes $ (CTPs etc)
Pro Event Value $9,015 336%

AMATEURS & JUNIORS
Total Am/Jr Net Entry Fees $2,132
Am/Jr Prizes + Trophies - $ Value $2,451
Am/Jr Player Packs - $ Value $1,840
Other Am/Jr Prizes $ (CTPs etc) $100
Am Event Value $4,391 206%

Total Tour Event Value $13,406

41 of the 78 players entered cashed!

Payout per player average - $171.87
keith johnson

Postby K-Mack » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:14 am

keith johnson wrote:Payout stats for those inclined...

Total Players 78

PROFESSIONALS
Total Pro Cash Purse Paid Out $8,650
Total Pro Net Entry Fees $2,687 322%
Net Cash Added to Purse $5,963
Pro Player Packs - $ Value $365
Pro Trophies - $ Value
Other Pro Prizes $ (CTPs etc)
Pro Event Value $9,015 336%

And Georgia players took home $650 of $9,015 :(
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby K-Mack » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:16 am

1st off let me say I appreciate the GSSS events and your efforts to run
such a series. Other than a couple of locations of the events I think
the series is great

2nd off I really don't contribute financially to any of the events so I
really have no room to gripe about anything you do with your events

But with that said I have to ask a couple of questions.

1st Do you remember last year when you announced the big payday for the
2010 GSSS6 final, that I said that there would not be any Georgia player
in the hunt for the "big cash" if you played an 18 hole event at
Central?

Do you think that A. I'm psychic, B. it was a lucky guess, or C. I may
know what I'm talking about?

2nd As the State Coordinator and event director of the GSSS6, do you
feel like you did a justice to the Georgia players that supported the
GSSS6 by raising money from Georgia players and ran an event that was
more suited for the traveling gypsies oooorrrr touring pro's than the
local players that have supported the GSSS6?

3rd When are we going to have a moratorium about playing A-Tier events
at Central? It's embarrassing to me as a person that lives in Atlanta
that we have had 3 A-tiers and a NT at Central park like it's the best
course we could come up with to host a big tournament. Atlanta is the
capital of the south and one of the largest cities in the US and we
can't play our biggest events at a course that has real tee pads, tee
signs with distances on all the holes, A permanent layout that the
locals could play regularly, Or even play a course that exemplifies
what Georgia Disc Golf is all about, A technical shot making courses in
the Georgia pines which is the norm, instead of big distance crusher
course. Just look at the way everyone finished, it might as well be a
distance contest results, because it would be very similar looking list.

Look at it this way. If there are 2 players playing against each other
and player 1 can reach all 18 holes and player 2 can only reach 12 holes
who do you think has the better chance of winning? I have probably
played 150 tournaments with Avery and we are actually a great match, if
we could put our records against each other over the last 12 years
together it would be very close to win/losses against each other. When
you see Avery beating me by more than 10 strokes anywhere the course is
normally bias to big arms like Kansas City. When I beat Avery soundly,
the course is probably real tight technical course like East Roswell.
When the course is fair and true to all we usually finish within 5
strokes of each other, like last weekend in Augusta.

With all that said I appreciate your efforts on being TD of all these
events and I also appreciate the time you put in for GA golf, but I do
wish that in the future you could listen to some thoughts and concerns
of your fellow Georgia players that could even make Georgia disc golf
even better.
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:54 am

I do listen to what you guys say - and have made changes to several things due to those thoughts, but I don't have your skills on the course or I'd be able to win a hell of a lot more money. :mrgreen:

To address your points calmly and thoughtfully - below are my thoughts on what you said.

I don't think there will be any more Events at Central from me or Rand with the changes they are making and the charges they are starting next year - so you can stop worrying about that - until then Central is really the only ATL area permanent course that you can make into ANY type course you want on the same tract of land that has elevation, creeks, woods, open holes and OB dangers. Except for temp courses and temp/perm course Flyboy, the ATL area has ZERO courses that can challenge the best players in the country fairly at this time - although with the changes in Macon - that might change soon.

I don't disagree with your sentiments about the Event catering to top pros (and I'm 100% sure that's why not many of the locals signed up (besides the fact I'm not Rand) :mrgreen:, I promoted it that way all year at EVERY Event I went to, and the finale was from day 1 geared towards bringing the best in the world here.
I consider you, Dollar, Childs, and Vach to be amongst that grouping, but the only 2 of you that played went into it with the "Central sucks and I can't cash here mentality" where by just playing your "B+" game you and Dollar would have cashed.
Rand had twice as many players almost (133)at the Atlanta Open with only 10 more open players and the same cast of characters on the top of the leaderboard (swapping out Cam and Doss for McCabe and Nikko) - with Dollar and you shooting the SAME SCORES as Feldberg and Climo and 3-4 better than Avery and Koling on the EXACT same course at Central(minus the temp basket) - so it must just be that getting 2 rounds first at the great Trailer course allows you to play better at Central the next day, and for them to play worse. :roll:

I DO disagree with your sentiments about players from GA as each Event stands on it's own and the only dollars were raised with the GA players entry fees for this Event and the Series Sponsors over the 6 Events - lets add them up shall we - You - paid zero, Dollar - paid zero, Tim - paid zero, Phil Arthur - paid 100(made $150 back), with Brad, Cody, and Matlack each paying $100 and not cashing.
That's $400 GA dollars paid in and $7700 total dollars paid out - not a lot of money lost by any GA golfers in a 23 person field with only 78 total players.

With the growth of so many new courses and the upgrades and changes to the existing courses in the area - this area has exploded in the last 6 years with courses and Events with no signs of letting up.

I hope that next year with the 2 new stops in the Series and the comeback of Wills Park for the opener of the 2011 GSSS that all the players will feel as excited as I do for next year.

I personally am looking forward to 2011!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby VERMIN » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:17 am

I hope that next year with the 2 new stops in the Series and the comeback of Wills Park for the opener of the 2011 GSSS that all the players will feel as excited as I do for next year.

My nipples are already hard with excitement for 2011. 8)

VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby K-Mack » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:51 pm

I’m not trying to get into a pissing contest by any means, I love the GSSS events and am looking forward to more in the future. Except for the fact that you just said that wills park is coming back, holy excrement that could be the most dangerous course on the planet with all the paths and tossing over softball fields and tennis courts. I’m sure that you will add your own tee’s to make it less dangerous so I’m not going to judge it until I see it 1st hand.

As for the comment about $ and I thinking “Central Sucks and I can’t cash mentality”. We are not the only ones that share that sentiment. Plus I can count with my fingers and maybe a few toes how many times I have missed cash in the last 10 years so the “I can’t cash mentality” you speak of has never EVER crossed my mind on any track on the planet. Now “Central Sucks” yes I have uttered those words. Considering that I have played over 300 courses all over the world I think I have the right to form an opinion on if a course has fun factor or is fair for all the players or not. The way that course is set up I can reach 12 holes while the long arms can get to 18 holes which I would consider that to be a bias course. Plus with the make shift rubber tees on uneven ground, lack of tee signs with correct distances on every hole, and the overall lack of fun factor at the course, yes it is far from my favorite.

This doesn’t have anything to do with the GSSS which I really enjoy, Central park is just a sub-par disc golf facility and we shouldn’t be hosting our premier events at a course that is so lame.
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:48 pm

No pissing here - the quoted statement was directed at both you and Dollar as you each had said 1/2 of it, and were the only 2 that play there regularly that said it. I had never heard of you ever walking away from an Event either so I don't know your current GSSS mentality (as you didn't cash at either of the last 2 you played)

Exact distances were on every hole in the program, online at the PDGA and Discgolfatlanta Event threads - and EVERYONE when they checked in was told the same thing - "the program is your bible for the weekend - it has all the distances OB's and Mando's listed - stick it your bag now so you don't leave it behind" - so that distance thing is not valid - and with as many courses as you have designed and played you already know pretty much by looking how far away something is.

I agree on the mats - but they are much better than natural surfaces and the park is NOT going to put concrete in in the foreseeable future even when they finish the 4 new holes they are adding there - I know you know about fun factors on courses -and YOUR ideas were why 6 and 8 got moved up, baskets on "C" and "I", "11", "15" and "17" are shorter, 7 plays from RED not Blue, etc. - to help with scoring chances instead of hoping someone else f'ed up to gain a stroke.

No more Events at Central, we get it - and now the question becomes where except Flyboy do you have a course with at least the same "type" of baskets for 18 holes to hold Events in the area and of course JP Moseley which some dislike as much as Central for different reasons?

Wills park is being redesigned with 18 concrete tee pads(6 already in thanks to an Eagle Scout), 18 brand new Discatchers paid for by the Alpharetta Visitors and Convention Bureau (already at the park with installation coming during the next 2 months) (story was on front page of PDGA.com) - and no more holes with the path in or running through a fairway and not near a fairway except near hole 15 (different tee and basket placement), 2's fairway to 3's basket (different tee and basket placement), hole 13 will tee from the woods and not over tennis courts, holes 1,2,3,7,16, are going away - so no ball fields, 6 changes to take path out of play, 8 and 10 tee off from other side of path to different basket placements, and there are 4 holes in the woods you play after hole 11 replacing the removed holes. The parks commision approved the redesign last month and if you read the Wills thread you can keep up with the latest info.

Hopefully you will not crap on anything unseen and will let the course be finalized before making judgments, as I would like to get your honest opinion as well as others when we do a course warmup runthrough later this year if installation stays on schedule.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby K-Mack » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:18 pm

I’m not trying to bash any of your events or you as a person at all, I don’t want it to come out that way at all. I like you and Georgia disc golf could possibly be nearly non existant without you.

Although I did want you to answer the question I posed, that I told you last year that no player from GA was going to factor in winning the big bucks at a 18 hole event at Central. You got to admit I was dead on….Come on say it….You were right, come on you can do it....just say you were right...it will make my day :-)

I really was just asking that we don’t have anymore of our best events be at our lamest course and since you’re the state coordinator that is your call. By your last post it looks as if it may become a reality so I’m happy

:mrgreen:
K-Mack
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:45 pm

K-Mack wrote: Although I did want you to answer the question I posed, that I told you last year that no player from GA was going to factor in winning the big bucks at a 18 hole event at Central. You got to admit I was dead on….Come on say it….You were right, come on you can do it....just say you were right...it will make my day :-)

Your math skills are off a little, but I will agree on 12 holes being reachable for most tp rated players, but there is no way in hell that all 18 are reachable for ANYONE - 1-2 NOT, 9-10 NOT, A-B NOT, 13-14 NOT - so only 14 holes 2 more than you can reach - using your superior putting skills should negate their distance and you stay in contention - sorta how it works with me - I throw 400 feet, miss a 30 footer get a 3, other masters throw it 300, 130 ft upshot drop in 3 -no gain - BUT if I had your putting skills, I could separate myself from them with the distance. I did anser your question by making the course GA ratings friendly as shown below in red and mentioned in the last post that you obviously glossed over. :)
I know you know about fun factors on courses - and YOUR ideas were why 6 and 8 got moved up, baskets on "C" and "I", "11", "15" and "17" are shorter, 7 plays from RED not Blue, etc. - to help with scoring chances instead of hoping someone else f'ed up to gain a stroke.

Also Lorelei could have looked at the ratings of the players, and even with her 8th grade math skills could have made your prediction - so no credit for you. :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:54 pm

K-Mack wrote: I really was just asking that we don’t have anymore of our best events be at our lamest course and since you’re the state coordinator that is your call. By your last post it looks as if it may become a reality so I’m happy

:mrgreen:

Actually as State Coordinator my job is to assist TD's in their Events when asked - not to tell TD's which courses to hold their Events at. That is strictly up to them.

If it WAS up to me - no Atier or NT would have been held at ERP - it is not an A-tier or higher rated course as most pros that have played it for years have attested to privately and publically. Alot feel the same way about Central for different reasons but as the players returning year after year show -if you throw enough money at them they will play on ANY course like it or not and then complain about the courses if they had a bad outing (like GSSS #6) but not say anything when they cash on the same layout (like at the A/O). :shock:

In my opinion anyone that wants to bust their hump to run an Event and get all their ducks in a row and go through proper channels to work with parks departments to host an Event is welcome to in my book.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby atl scott » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:15 pm

keith johnson wrote:...I don't think there will be any more Events at Central from me or Rand...

:clap: :clap: :clap: The best news us 350' throwers have heard in a while! :mrgreen:
atl scott
Pro Plastic

5th Annual Forsyth County Open REEdan chatter

Postby Redan Randy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:23 pm

keith johnson wrote:...I don't think there will be any more Events at Central from me or Rand...

May i suggest..........
Image?
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:17 pm

:P
Last edited by grease on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby atl scott » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:08 pm

I volunteer to run a Halloween event at Central! :lol:
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:02 am

What Central does offer, probabaly better than any local course, is a great view for spectators. The top players in the world come here so very little. It is nice to have them in a venue that offers some benefit to spectators. And as exciting as it is to crowd 20 people behind a tee pad and watch you and Dollar lace 250' drives through trees, it is pretty fun watching the top players boom a few drives at Central. There are only about 6 holes that offer a decided advantage to big arms. But, how is that different than any other course that has a mix of open and wooded holes?

Yes, I understand that the tee pads are shule and our signage has a hard time keeping up with the ever-changing layouts, but from a fan perspective, it's a pretty cool place to watch the top players in the world compete. I root for you and Dollar to do well every tournament and would love to see you guys on the top card, but the best players in the world were on the top card - and that is not a bad thing. Top players on the top card at a great spectator's course - that is a good thing for disc golf.

Climo does not have a big arm (compared to the other top players) and he is at the top of the heap at Central every time.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:35 am

keith johnson wrote: Except for temp courses and temp/perm course Flyboy, this state has ZERO courses that can challenge the best players in the country fairly at this time - although with the changes in Macon - that might change soon.

Keith

This is 100% false, but i'm sure you mean City not State......I know we have 4-5 here in Augusta that will challenge them!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:22 am

Ridesbrd wrote:
keith johnson wrote: Except for temp courses and temp/perm course Flyboy, this state has ZERO courses that can challenge the best players in the country fairly at this time - although with the changes in Macon - that might change soon.

Keith

This is 100% false, but i'm sure you mean City not State......I know we have 4-5 here in Augusta that will challenge them!

You are correct - I meant ATL area as I said a few words before you clipped my quote. - I changed it my post upthread.
keith johnson

GSSS#6 5th Annual FCOpen - non Event Chatter

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:47 am

Redan Randy wrote:

May i suggest..........
Image?

You'll have to ask Rand - but I will never run one at REEdan because even though I love the course (as of the last time I saw it 2 years ago) I wouldn't want to or need to deal with the whining if I set it up in way people wouldn't like - so I leave REEdan to the REEdan area players to host their Events their way and when that does happen again, I'll come play there.
keith johnson

Postby $Dollar$ » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:03 pm

keith johnson wrote:
Redan Randy wrote:

May i suggest..........
Image?

You'll have to ask Rand - but I will never run one at REEdan because even though I love the course (as of the last time I saw it 2 years ago) I wouldn't want to or need to deal with the whining if I set it up in way people wouldn't like - so I leave REEdan to the REEdan area players to host their Events their way and when that does happen again, I'll come play there.

That excuse was valid several years ago. I'm pretty sure you could set it up however you want and people would just be happy to have an event there. I would think that it's PERFECT since there are NO events there, no TDs that really play there, and 60+ pin locations for you to create whatever lay out you wanted!

I can see it now........GSSS 2011- "Kickin it Ol School! Bringing back Wills and Redan!"
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby atl scott » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:21 pm

Why not a 4 round tourney where each hole has a different pin used for each round? There are a lot of holes with 4 positions and the rest have 3!
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:42 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:

That excuse was valid several years ago. I'm pretty sure you could set it up however you want and people would just be happy to have an event there. I would think that it's PERFECT since there are NO events there, no TDs that really play there, and 60+ pin locations for you to create whatever lay out you wanted!

I can see it now........GSSS 2011- "Kickin it Ol School! Bringing back Wills and Redan!"[/quote]

Too many ol' school characters still at REEdan :mrgreen: - If you want to run one there I'll be happy to help with scores or any other assistance you might need, as long as it's scheduled when I'm in town.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:45 pm

atl scott wrote:Why not a 4 round tourney where each hole has a different pin used for each round? There are a lot of holes with 4 positions and the rest have 3!

You mean like how EVERY Event that used to be at REEdan was done?

GSSS are 1 day 2 rounds except for Lake Russell and Special Events - anyone that wishes to run something at REEdan can signup when the 2011 sanctioned and non sanctioned threads are started later this year.

All future REEdan chatter should be in the REEdan threads where these posts will soon be going.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:53 pm

5th Annual Forsyth County Open REEdan chatter moved here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2960
keith johnson

Postby Woodrow » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:00 pm

keith johnson wrote:You'll have to ask Rand - but I will never run one at REEdan because even though I love the course (as of the last time I saw it 2 years ago) I wouldn't want to or need to deal with the whining if I set it up in way people wouldn't like - so I leave REEdan to the REEdan area players to host their Events their way and when that does happen again, I'll come play there.
$Dollar$ wrote:That excuse was valid several years ago. I'm pretty sure you could set it up however you want and people would just be happy to have an event there. I would think that it's PERFECT since there are NO events there, no TDs that really play there, and 60+ pin locations for you to create whatever lay out you wanted!

I can see it now........GSSS 2011- "Kickin it Ol School! Bringing back Wills and Redan!"

May I suggest....

Oh, and Keith...don't be deleting this one. It is not your (or any other moderators) position to delete posts that you may not like or may think are muddling your topic. No one else (besides a moderator) is in the position to delete posts based on personal whimsy. We, as moderators are only to delete posts that violate forum policy. The moderator logs show that you deleted my previous post as well as one by Redan Randy. (Heavens knows what that was.) Deleting mine was definitely a violation of the trust that the users of this forum place in the moderators to be impartial and abide by the policies adopted by the ADGO, so stop it. Also, it is not your position to decide that this topic needs to be split. The natural progression has led to the posts as they are. The tourney is over and there is no reason to 'keep it clean' of extraneous or off topic posts. When the focus of the topic changes through this natural discourse, then so be it. Those that are following it expect it to be there. Your moderator privileges are limited to ADGO policy, not your personal opinion. Anything else is a violation.
Woodrow

Postby atl scott » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:15 pm

keith johnson wrote:
atl scott wrote:Why not a 4 round tourney where each hole has a different pin used for each round? There are a lot of holes with 4 positions and the rest have 3!

You mean like how EVERY Event that used to be at REEdan was done?

Guess I'm showing my age, as I've only been playing a few years. Haven't been around for too many Redan tournies...

Why don't we just bring back Meriwether as I never got to play there? :D
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Woody - I have been splitting non Event posts from EVERYONES Event threads from Day 1 when the Td has asked for it to be done - I asked and I moved - so policy is being followed - when I split the thread which YOU deleted out of the REEdan thread I might add - calling the kettle black - those 2 posts did not make sense as what they were referring to was still in the original thread - so I deleted them.

I will split them again- so please do NOT mess with any of the Event threads to use your words" based on personal whimsy". to change it to what you want to promote.

You can spam your stuff everywhere you want except Event threads as that's where people go for information - not your Spam.

Thanks,
Keith
keith johnson

Re: GSSS#6 5th Annual FCOpen - non Event Chatter

Postby Mike D » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:21 pm

Birmingham has NO love for the ATL....

http://www.discgolfbirmingham.com/forum ... php?t=2698
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:30 pm

What Tim failed to realize and what Phil and Hammock did realize is I have said from day 1 that most of ther added cash would be going to the OPEN division - and that there was still over $350 added to the Masters purse which met the requirement for an A-tier (don't know where Pierce was getting his math from).

I also don't know why Pierce didn't defend the fact that the pro divisions have ALWAYS been padded more than the other pro divisions at ALL 18 GSSS Events - guess he has a short memory.

Don't know who Micahel Davis is, but if he's thinking Ritger does a better job of paying out pros he's getting paid in something besides cash after the Event. :shock: :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby billnchristy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:32 pm

High school drama without the cute chicks in skirts.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Woodrow » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:16 pm

keith johnson wrote:Woody - I have been splitting non Event posts from EVERYONES Event threads from Day 1 when the Td has asked for it to be done - I asked and I moved - so policy is being followed
Pre-tournament that makes sense and there is no reason not to accommodate a TD's wish that his tournament info not be lost(or fogged over) by extraneous posts. Post-tournament, the progression of topics should be left to whatever happens. The information protected by the splitting off of off topic posts is moot.

keith johnson wrote:- when I split the thread which YOU deleted out of the REEdan thread I might add - calling the kettle black - those 2 posts did not make sense as what they were referring to was still in the original thread - so I deleted them.
I merely un-split what you had split, thus correcting your inappropriate action. Whatever those post were, it is not your opinion alone that matters. As moderators, we are expected and limited to action based on ADGO policy. Granted, each of our opinions factors in to that, but the guidelines we have established are in place to guide us in taking action.

keith johnson wrote:I will split them again- so please do NOT mess with any of the Event threads to use your words" based on personal whimsy". to change it to what you want to promote.
And I will un-split them again as long as there is no valid reason such as a policy violation that calls for a split. It has nothing to do with what I may or may not promote. Randy posted a map of Redan as a suggestion for an alternate venue based on the 'chatter' already posted. I did the same. Just because you think I may have ulterior motives doesn't make it so. You seem to have a bias against anything Redan. Notice I said "seem to". No reason to defend yourself or define your issue; we all know it and see it in every post you make about it. That's your opinion and I respect that. But when you demonstrate that by deleting every reference to Redan from a thread not specific to a Redan topic, you are stepping over the line and abusing your moderator privilege. This thread is not 'yours' to manipulate as YOU see fit. It belongs to the community and this community controls its destiny as long as no policy is violated. Few other TDs are in the position(as a moderator) to split topics or delete posts that affect the thread for their tournaments. Like I said above; when the event is over, how the thread progresses is no longer limited to tournament specific topics and is left to the community. It is not a moderator's(or TD's) position to force any restrictions on where the topic goes from there.

keith johnson wrote:You can spam your stuff everywhere you want except Event threads as that's where people go for information - not your Spam.
In no way could any sane person consider my posts of two maps of alternate layouts for Redan to be spam. I haven't promoted anything by doing so. True, something may become of it. But it hasn't happened yet. You think Randy's post of a Redan map is spam as well? For what purpose? He could have simply suggested Redan without providing a pic. But we all know he rarely submits a post without some sort of photo and we all usually appreciate that. True, the event forum is there for event information but is not restricted to that. I think your position as GA State Coordinator and as a moderator has you in a conflict. In one way, you'd like to see the chief venue for your information restricted to event information only. As moderator you can make that happen. What you need to see is that as a moderator, you have a responsibility to the ADGO community that is separate from your desires as State Coordinator and should not act beyond the bounds of that restriction.
Woodrow

Postby Woodrow » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:19 pm

billnchristy wrote:High school drama without the cute chicks in skirts.
Maybe, but pertinent to ADGO policy of no censorship within adopted policy.
Woodrow

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:26 pm

whatever douchebag
keith johnson

Postby Woodrow » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Okay, I guess you win with that intelligent response. Were you in the Debate Club in high school too?
Woodrow

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:10 pm

Yes - but I learned you can't debate with people that for whatever reason hold personal grudges and can't separate issues from the person involved.
Being State Coordinator and a TD have nothing to do with each other and if you look in any PDGA magazine in the PDGA pages you will see that most every single state coordinator IS A TD

For whatever reason you misconstrue what is being said to fit your agenda (classic "look over there" tactic) instead of reading what is written.

I have never said ANYTHING bad about REEdan the course - in fact I have said hundreds of times just the opposite - I LOVE the course (again haven't seen it in 2 years- opinion may change) I just said I wouldn't RUN an Event there - I would love if someone WOULD - and as said to Dollar earlier I would be glad to help out if in town if someone wanted me to.

The people of the REEdan posters are some freindly people who can poke fun and take fun poked back at them (REEdan Randy), people that when I moved here treated me like crap (even though I sponsored and played Every Event there since moving here), and mostly people in between who I'm freinds with(Prandy, Steve Adams, others). I know I'm not everyone's favorite nor would I want to be.

All I've ever done is want to run the best Events I know how to, and help those who wish to have help with their Events (like Rand and others I've helped at the Events I've played in) and just be a player at the other Events I play.

I've done that for almost 5 full years now and you still seem to not understand me - to me that is on you and not me as most everyone else has already figured me out (usually after 1 or 2 times of meeting me or playing in my Events) - so in my opinion the issue seems to be on your end, and with your agenda (whatever that may be), so going forward I'll just call you as I see it for you personally - I like you as a person and you are a damn good player, but you are a douchebag.

Is that a better debate for you? :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby Woodrow » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:51 pm

Actually, that sounds like just more whinning to me.

I may be a douche bag, that much is true. But I will continue to stand up for the proper and respectable moderation of this forum. The whole point of all of this has been to that end. Nothing personal, no agenda other than to strive to ensure that everyone that posts on this forum within policy is allowed to voice their opinion and can expect equal and unbiased treatment by the moderators that control it.
keith johnson wrote:Being State Coordinator and a TD have nothing to do with each other and if you look in any PDGA magazine in the PDGA pages you will see that most every single state coordinator IS A TD.
Duh!
keith johnson wrote:For whatever reason you misconstrue what is being said to fit your agenda (classic "look over there" tactic) instead of reading what is written.
See above.
keith johnson wrote:I just said I wouldn't RUN an Event there - I would love if someone WOULD - and as said to Dollar earlier I would be glad to help out if in town if someone wanted me to.
We will ALL hold you to that!
keith johnson wrote:The people of the REEdan posters are some freindly people who can poke fun and take fun poked back at them (REEdan Randy), people that when I moved here treated me like crap (even though I sponsored and played Every Event there since moving here), and mostly people in between who I'm freinds with(Prandy, Steve Adams, others). I know I'm not everyone's favorite nor would I want to be.
See purple text above.:lol:
keith johnson wrote:All I've ever done is want to run the best Events I know how to, and help those who wish to have help with their Events (like Rand and others I've helped at the Events I've played in) and just be a player at the other Events I play.
keith johnson wrote:I've done that for almost 5 full years now and you still seem to not understand me - to me that is on you and not me as most everyone else has already figured me out (usually after 1 or 2 times of meeting me or playing in my Events)
Oh I understand you more than you'll EVER know.
keith johnson wrote:- so in my opinion the issue seems to be on your end, and with your agenda (whatever that may be), so going forward I'll just call you as I see it for you personally - I like you as a person and you are a damn good player, but you are a douchebag.
keith johnson wrote:Is that a better debate for you?
You haven't even addressed the issue.
Woodrow

Postby Funky Bobby J » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:15 pm

Sounds like it is time for another thread split...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:35 pm

or perhaps - MCFLURRY TIME!! Possible senior discount may apply. 8)

VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:36 pm

There have been issues with people having to move their event dates because of the GSSS. As I've seen recently, all GSSS tournaments are locked into dates before anyone else has a chance to submit their dates. I think this is a conflict of being State Coordinator as well as a TD. It's not very fair to other TD's when spots are locked in before anyone else has time to plan. Not trying to rag you Keith, but you have to admit that your inside hookup is playing into your plans. Please don't come back with the "If you get your events sanctioned earlier" argument. I'm sure Mashburn has something to add. I think it's time to consider changing from 6 events to 3. It was a good idea a few years ago, but now it is oversaturating the GA tournament scene. Just my 2 cents and, of course, I respect what you do but don't always agree with it.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby SKELETOR » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:19 pm

Time to start a need thread or catagory. Complaints and whinners. I do not like Central to start off with so when it rained I left, its that easy. Not that I was playing a good game, hell, it was the worst since I started playing tourneys in 1996. Keith, with all the complaints maybe they should be told to run a tourney their own way so everyone can b-itch at them, and people wonder why we dont have that many people willing to run tourneys. I know at least 2 people that this has happened to. QUIT WHINING AND DO SOMETHING if you dont like how somebody does things. Keith I dont know how you put up with alot of this crap, you have great tolerance.
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan
SKELETOR
DX Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Why not do what SC does and have pretty much all tournies that are sanctioned count to points and have a finale?

Why are we one of the only states that doesn't have a championship?
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:45 pm

billnchristy wrote:Why not do what SC does and have pretty much all tournies that are sanctioned count to points and have a finale?

Keith does that, I think.

Jason, I'm not whining, just pointing out an observation. I think by voicing my opinion, that I AM doing something. Not to mention running and or helping out with local tournaments.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby billnchristy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 pm

I mean not just his tournies...and not all in GA because that would be stupid, but 12 or so could be.

Example:
http://scdgo.net/2010_sc_champions_tournaments.htm
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:04 am

grease wrote:There have been issues with people having to move their event dates because of the GSSS. As I've seen recently, all GSSS tournaments are locked into dates before anyone else has a chance to submit their dates. I think this is a conflict of being State Coordinator as well as a TD. It's not very fair to other TD's when spots are locked in before anyone else has time to plan. Not trying to rag you Keith, but you have to admit that your inside hookup is playing into your plans. Please don't come back with the "If you get your events sanctioned earlier" argument. I'm sure Mashburn has something to add. I think it's time to consider changing from 6 events to 3. It was a good idea a few years ago, but now it is oversaturating the GA tournament scene. Just my 2 cents and, of course, I respect what you do but don't always agree with it.

Since you seem to have an extremely short memory - I'll remind you that when the GSSS started in 2008 I was NOT the state coordinator and I E-mailed John Nisewonder the dates for the first GSSS in 2008 (I'm sure he can vouch for the accuracy of that statement here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=240) - I started a thread on the message board (which you can check the date on here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=269) and said there would be 6 Events six weeks apart (except around August which would shift forward or back depending on Pro Worlds dates) starting the second week of Feb and running through the Finale the week after Labor Day at Lake Russell.
After John left the state coordinators post and it was given to me I started the threads (which run to this day seen here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=293) asking people for proposed dates for their Events to try and AVOID conflicts.
I have ALWAYS been upfront and public on this board about what was going on with PDGA Events and non-sanctioned Events in the state and I think the system has worked quite well for the TD's in GA being able to locate information in one central area without having to search around or guess where it is posted.
You could also look at a calendar for 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, etc. now and figure out the dates I'm going to probably use for the GSSS. It's not rocket science. And because there is only a 25 mile buffer for C-Tier Events - there is nothing stopping you or anyone else from running an Event on the SAME DAY if you want - as most courses in the area are more than 25 miles from the GSSS courses.
As I also pointed out up thread to Woody, almost everyone of the 50+ state coordinators are TD's. there are 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday "locked in" as you put it, and they were on dates that did NOT conflict with anything happening in the state for 2 YEARS before the GSSS (2006, 2007) when I chose those Saturdays, and Lake Russell was on that weekend LONG before I moved here, so it actually chose me :)
So anyone making plans actually has alot MORE time to plan than most states as the dates have been "traditional GSSS dates" for 3 years now - and even so they could still use them as long as they are at least 25 miles away from the GSSS course.

I don't know what "inside hookup" you are speaking of, but the only movement of the dates comes about because of where NT's and A-tiers fall as those are set by the PDGA - NOT ME - and state coordinators can not and do not have any say in the matter as you already know (why are you now playing dumb? You dealt with the A-tiers and the PDGA before - are you just jumping on the bash Keith bandwagon to look good to your pals?)

Also why would I change the GSSS from 6 Events to 3? The super 3 series sounds pretty stupid as the GSTS. :roll:

Did you ask Jason to change his series to 3 so that Augusta doesn't use up 6 dates as he does now? He used to run 12 Events - 1 a month - where was your outrage then?
By the way - there is nothing stopping you from running 12 Events if you want - the Deerlick 12 series - or Deerlick/White Oak six packs) - pick your dates and you are good to go.

I've also already documented several times on this board about the growth of PDGA Events in the state - and I only add 5 (if I ran 1) to a calendar that went from 14 PDGA Events in 2006 to 41 PDGA Events in 2009 and almost 40 this year. There are also over 20 Non sanctioned Events the last 3 years also using up dates/weekends.
I personally don't saturate the calendar - all the new courses, and people willing to TD at the new courses since 2006 and the willingness of people to want to participate in PDGA sanctioned Events is what has fueled the growth - not the GSSS, or Jason's IDGC Series - those are just some of the total PDGA Events in the state - Savannah runs 2, Augusta runs 9-11 total, and I run 6 at SIX different courses - what is the difference with that or if 6 different people at those 6 courses ran 1 Event each - (it would still "saturate" the calendar exactly the same without me running 1 of them) so NOTHING is the difference - it just sounds like you have been drinking from Woody's Kool-aid. :mrgreen:

By the way - I'd be happy to hear what Mr. Mashburn has to say as I know we had some spirited conversations the first year, but I think like men we worked out the issues and have had nothing but good feelings toward each other since then as far as I know (who knows though maybe I'm wrong, and he just is hospitiable to me because he likes Dawn and Lorelei)

Anywhooo, it doesn't really seem from your words on the screen that you respect what I do, or agree with it and it seems like you want out of your part of it, so if that is the case please let me know soon, so I can make other plans.

I enjoy our little chats and I'm still waiting for you, Woody or anyone else to bring up ANYTHING that isn't based on personal feelings for your arguments - and that would actually be based on something that is true, or can't already be done with the milage restrictions.
Either way I'll be running 6 Events in 2011, any other TD's are always welcome to submit dates for the calendar that will be up after the NT's and A-tiers are set, and after that we'll see what happens.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:05 am

billnchristy wrote:Why not do what SC does and have pretty much all tournies that are sanctioned count to points and have a finale?

You mean like the IDGC Events - since he calls it the Championship Series?
keith johnson

Postby billnchristy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:18 am

You guys are right...don't rock the old men's boat...let's just stick with the status quo because the scene is just so damn good already there is no way it could improve. :lol:
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:13 am

Nothing personal ,Kieth. Just pointing out observations that may or may not be correct. I guess I should have done more research and had more exmaples available. Maybe my memory is going in my old age.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby keith johnson » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:46 am

grease wrote:Nothing personal ,Kieth.

Except name spelling I guess. :shock:
keith johnson

Postby Clunck » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:15 pm

keith johnson wrote: You dealt with the A-tiers and the PDGA before - are you just jumping on the bash Keith bandwagon to look good to your pals?)

Hey I started that bandwagon over four years ago. Give a brother some props now and again! :lol:
That was in, cocker block doesn't count!
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:40 pm

When is this six pack series starting?

Do you have to drink a six pack before each round?

Is it superclass?

:shock:
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:25 pm

For the record, I do like both Dawn and Lorelei (Keith is alright too). There are no issues here. Like Keith stated, any spirited conversations we've had, we have worked out in a private manner. I think Keith is good for disc golf and we do have a very good tournament season in Georgia. Now Keith, if you could just do this and that and the other and one other thing and how about this?

We will continue to work on Meeks park and hopefully improve our tee pads, but concrete or kitty litter, you probably won't win anyway Dollar :twisted:
promoting D-GOLF since 2007
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:29 pm

You sure can pack some wisdom into a tiny package, Matthew. You are correct in that I should have discussed any issues in private. My apologies, Kieth.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby D-Wiz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:41 pm

grease wrote:You sure can pack some wisdom into a tiny package, Matthew. You are correct in that I should have discussed any issues in private. My apologies, Kieth.

Grease, wisdom hasn't been uttered by my name since I was salutatorian in high school. I have a midget McFlurry waiting for you with a sippy-cup top. We will share it in March during Meeks Madness IV. Thanks for your support each year! We will also give cat turds in the player's packs this year and the fastest, cleanest burial of the turds on the first tee wins a prize!
promoting D-GOLF since 2007
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Are they going to be long sleeve cat turds? It is pretty cold that time of year still. :lol:
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:21 pm

D-Wiz wrote:
grease wrote:You sure can pack some wisdom into a tiny package, Matthew. You are correct in that I should have discussed any issues in private. My apologies, Kieth.

Grease, wisdom hasn't been uttered by my name since I was salutatorian in high school. I have a midget McFlurry waiting for you with a sippy-cup top. We will share it in March during Meeks Madness IV. Thanks for your support each year! We will also give cat turds in the player's packs this year and the fastest, cleanest burial of the turds on the first tee wins a prize!

I'd prefer that you keep the long-sleeve tees for Meeks Madness...not real big on the cat turds...and no snow if you can work that out some how.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby Mort » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:02 pm

Keith

you talked about Macon, What's up. a redesign or another course..

Mort

Mort
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:21 pm

Mort wrote:Keith

you talked about Macon, What's up. a redesign or another course..

Mort

I don't know much about anything down there except for info passed to me - check with Dollar for more info as he knows way more about anything down there than I do.
keith johnson

Postby kade.erp » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:23 am

6 tournament saturation, that was really funny grease. Lets see... 52 weekends a year.. throw out 12 for the cold that leaves about 40 other weekends for tournys...

After playing C-tiers and B-tiers in NC I can say that Keith's BANG FOR BUCK is like no other. Thank you for your hard work in added value to GSSS events. I look forward to added cash in the Open division next year.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby jritger » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:58 pm

I look forward to added cash in the Open division next year.

'bout time. tokio too ... ?
jritger

Postby ThrowinRocs » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:49 am

To almost all of you:

Could you please stop complaining about the amount, locations, payouts, whatever of the tournaments in and around Atlanta and throughout GA? You guys have one of the best DG scenes in the country. If you guys want to catch up to cities like Charlotte, you're going to have to do a lot more working together.

If you think the the schedule is too saturated and you can't find the right weekends for your tournaments, maybe all of you get together and present a case to the PDGA that the Atlanta scene is big enough to hold events on the same weekends in the same areas.

You all are not helping ADGO with all of this fighting, and whining, and complaining. Who wants to add that to their lives, especially their disc golf lives.

The last two cities I've lived in, Richmond, VA and Columbia, SC have meager disc golf scenes and owould love to have half of what ATL has. Even your weekly tournaments way outdo any weeklies that Richmond or Columbia do.

Moral of this message: Can't you all just get along? You all could get a heck of a lot more done if you'd quit feeding your human need for conflict and work together to find solutions. It's easy to point out problems and weaknesses. How about trying to solve and better them?

Just an objective outsider's point of view.
ThrowinRocs
Barney

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:20 am

Because the Central Park Dragons will NEVER associate with the likes of those Redan Squirrels!!!! If you ain't a CP Dragon, watch your back 'cause we'll pop a Destroyer in yo ass!!! (Ironically, Dragons are lightweight and don't hurt that much - so we use Destroyers).

CP burnin' diss house down beeches!!!!
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:42 am

Free hugs!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby VERMIN » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Funky Bobby J wrote:Because the Central Park Dragons will NEVER associate with the likes of those Redan Squirrels!!!! If you ain't a CP Dragon, watch your back 'cause we'll pop a Destroyer in yo ass!!! (Ironically, Dragons are lightweight and don't hurt that much - so we use Destroyers).

CP burnin' diss house down beeches!!!!

Bobby - please don't burn anyone's house down

I think it would be better if we would all get together and have a nice cold Coke and then sing in perfect harmony....

I'd like to buy the world a home and furnish it with love,
Grow apple trees and honey bees, and snow white turtle doves.
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony,
I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.
(Repeat the last two lines, and in the background)
It's the real thing, Coke is what the world wants today.

VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:32 pm

Us gangstas can be very metaphorical when we are not out bustin' caps in people's asses. Vern - don't be alarmed - it was not meant literally.
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments