Free Clinic September 18th at Alexander Park

Gwinnett County - Lawrenceville, Ga

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Free Clinic September 18th at Alexander Park

Postby Discstalker_Dave » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:31 pm

Just a notice to let you know about a free clinic Disc Stalker is hosting at Alexander Park on September 18th.

Here is the notice we sent out to all of our customers, Gwinnett county Parks & Rec has graciously donated Pavillion # 2 to us for this event and will be putting it up on the Alexander sign as we get near it. I expect a pretty good turnout given good weather.

FREE CLINIC SEPT 18TH

This is to let you know that we have a free disc golf clinic scheduled to September 18th at Alexander Park. This Clinic will cover all aspects of Disc Golf and will start with an introductory clinic to cover the basics and then we will break for a free lunch, then we will have break out sessions for putting & approach & driving. This clinic is being coordinated by Glen Fornek AKA Chop and will include local pros in the breakout sessions that you will be able to talk to in order to help you improve your game.

The Schedule is as follows.

12:15pm - 1:00pm Disc Golf Introduction & Fundamentals
1:00pm - 1:30pm Lunch
1:30pm - 3:00pm Break out sessions for putting, approach and driving techniques.

We will be using pavilion #2 for this clinic, this pavilion is the first one on the right next to the horseshoe pits, look for the Disc Stalker banner.

This clinic is open to everyone, for the purpose of planning for lunch, please RSVP your planned attendance to freeclinics@discstalker.com.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us, or register on our forums for discussion on this clinic or any other topics you are interested in discussing.

This notice is posted in our forums at http://forums.discstalker.com/index.php ... nder-park/

Thanks,

Dave
Discstalker_Dave
DX Plastic

Re: Free Clinic September 18th at Alexander Park

Postby djester » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:01 pm

I had a great time today! It was great meeting Dave and crew as well as helping with the clinic. Looking forward to the next one!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Redan Randy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:53 am

Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Vicki » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:00 am

What a great turnout yesterday for DiscStalker's first clinic! At least 50 people (most of them novices) gained knowledge from Chop's instructions and demonstrations, then used that new knowledge in 30 minute rotations of driving, up shots, and putting. GDGO Board members and local discers were at each station to assist the participants. Dave and Frank grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for everyone and kept us supplied with cold drinks. Thanks guys, and congratulations on a very successful first clinic!
Vicki
DX Plastic

Postby ricker112 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:50 pm

I can say We definitely had a GREAT turnout!!!! Lots of new golfers hungry for knowledge. Thanks to Chop for all his help, All the GDGO for their support and help in the breakout sessions, And last, but not least the locals who stayed and braved the heat after dubs to help us guide in the breakout sessions. I think We showed a lot of new golfers that We are a community of generous and friendly people that are always willing to help!! I've seen several of the clinic attendees and they have all said the same thing that they felt like everyone was very helpful and friendly!! Thanks again to all involved, this won't be the last!!!.......pics to come soon!!

-Frank-
-Frank Skrobot- PDGA # 47914
HATE CITY HUCKERS
ricker112
DX Plastic

Postby Discstalker_Dave » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Adding in my BIG thanks to everyone who came out and helped out. Definitely had a great turnout, probably 60 at the peak I suppose, 56 hamburgers, 48 hot dogs and 17 pounds of pulled pork all managed to get scarfed up!

I've updated the announcement post on our forums, located here with pictures, we'll have them up on our facebook page soon also...

Thanks,

Dave
Discstalker_Dave
DX Plastic

Return to Alexander Park