Flyboy Aviation Suggestion Box

Carroll County - Whitesburg, Ga

Moderators: Fly Boy, ADGO BOD

Flyboy Aviation Suggestion Box

Postby Fly Boy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:42 pm

Flyboy Aviation Disc Golf course has matured over the last 4 years from a 9 hole pitch and putt around my hangar, and evolved into its current 27 hole gold layout, largely based on your critiques, suggestions and even gripes. One advantage Flyboy has over the permanent courses, is the ability for us to easily change it up, sometimes drastically, and make it anything we want it to be without requiring an act of congress! Although we all prefer concrete tee pads and in-ground baskets, in spite of their obvious limitations, the rubber pads and DB-5 baskets actually give us great flexibility to continue to improve and tweak the course. My ultimate aim is for Flyboy to become a unique, one-of-a-kind Disc Golf venue. So, for you hard-core Flyboy regulars out there, let's continue to have your ideas, no matter how crazy they may sound. I consider this your course. We're only limited by our imagination, and the sky's the limit!
Kelly
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Re: Flyboy Aviation Suggestion Box

Postby Mike D » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:12 am

Kelly,

I would like to see a donation box set up near the hangar. Most private courses are pay-to-play where you have opened your "home" to all of us die hard disc golfers for free.

The hospitality you and your parents extend always makes me feel like I am at home.

I for one would like to contribute back towards this course and feel like a donation box would be a way to acomplish this.

For those of you who have not made it out to this course yet.... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??

Later,

Mike D
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:26 am

Yeah, what he said!

Oh, and More Cow bell!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Fly Boy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Thanks Mike, and you're not alone. Lots of folks have asked me if they could help out with a donation. I've actually been thinking about this one for quite a while. First of all, any money we take in at Flyboy will go right back into the course, one way or another, whether its to compensate Lill and Wayne for drinks, snacks, and veggies, or for deisel fuel I burn in the tractor cleaning up schule. I'm not looking to turn a profit on this venture (probably couldn't if my life depended on it). The thousands of dollars I've spent setting this course up is sunk costs (but hey, I probably would have spent it on women and airplanes anyhow). Any money we take in out here is just to help offset our expenses. So, in keeping with the number one rule at Flyboy: "If you ain't having fun, declare an emergency immediately", I'm determined to somehow make it FUN for golfers to put $5.00 in the lock box every time they show up out here to play! Announcing:

$$ THE FLYBOY AVIATION HANGAR ACE POT $$

Details to follow soon in a new topic.
Kelly
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby TokioJason » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:41 pm

Is the 5 bucks for the donation which gets to 3 shots at the hanger or is it. 5 bucks for the course fee/donation and 5 more for the hanger shots
TokioJason
Pro Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm

The 5 bucks donation to play the course gets you the 3 shots at the basket on top of the hangar. That's it.
Kelly
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby TokioJason » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Thats some bang for your buck. Flyboy is the sweetest course i've ever had the pleasure to play and would gladly play 5 bucks to play it anytime. thx for allowing us on flyboy as it is the best course in georgia.
TokioJason
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:22 pm

I've never played Flyboy, but I expect that to change in the near future. I've heard nothing but good things. That being said, it will have to be pretty damn good to overtake The Crucible as my favorite course in GA. I can't wait to be proven wrong.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:03 pm

Flyboy Aviation Course vs the Crucible..... ding ding ding

Why would you pit these two power houses together. I do not want to see the aftermath. Who would I bet on? I'm torn. I know I'll ask mr. disc.

Yep thats what I thought mr. disc exclaims, "The Crucible = Fly Boy"

Its a tie!
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:06 pm

Tard.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:08 pm

richardhead wrote:Tard.

Weak.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby TomahawkChopper » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:23 pm

Ive played this course one time and think its for sure the best course Ive seen so far.That being said would be more than happy to pay 5 bucks to play.
Kelly and Family allowed us crazy drunken ba5tards to campout for the Adgo Fall event and were so hospitable.Kinda felt weird playing glow golf on a course located smack dab in the middle of a neighborhood but nobody shot us or even came out for that matter.Thanx again Kelly and Family and look forward to returning in the spring. :twisted:
The artist formerly Known As MiLeNkO.........
Joey Tokash
PDGA 35002
TomahawkChopper
Pro Plastic

Postby brad » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:13 pm

Hey it is a great course,I will be playing it tomorrow and I think I will be taking Kelly's DOLLAR Ha Ha
brad
Barney

Postby Corndawg13 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:36 pm

Great stuff out here!! Best I have played.

I think that since there is a sunken basket, you might as well have a hanging basket as well. Other then that, I got nothing. Maybe something else will come to me, I am still in the Shock and Awe stage after my first round.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks Bobby, and nice shooting! You're right, we need a hanging basket! I'll work on that.
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Cool deal, I'd help you put it in one day and play some!

After watching Phil yesterday I noticed a few things I was doing wrong on my dirves. It helped me just now when I played Central Park. More distance on my drives and can now throw faster discs. I aced 18 red at CP today, 340 feet!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:13 pm

I will be getting my lost disc back from Corndawg. Thanks man! Do we need a lost and found thread for Fly Boy? I'm sure you (Kelley) get to here about most of the lost discs and I know you've got a box for them but posting here may give others a heads up to keep a lookout for those lost babies. What do ya think?
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:10 pm

Excellent idea.....I will make it so.
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:20 pm

"Cast Away", hole #25, the dreaded Island shot. Its the shortest hole on the course, and yet, the most feared! Flyboy standard. No one said it was going to be easy, right?. (However, I am thinking about having scuba divers full-time on staff out here.)
With 25's new pin placement to the right of the little Magnolia tree, the mental aspect of this shot becomes huge! You could ALWAYS just forget the basket and lay up in the center of the island, right? Of course, then there's the putt, with danger now close behind the basket. This shot takes "Risk vs Reward" to a whole new level. As for a drop zone, well, there ain't no drop zone on this (almost exact) hole at Winthrop Gold, now is there? Remember, if you touch terra firma before sliding back into the drink, or go OB out the back side beyond the gravel road, you get a meter back in bounds as normal......could be an easy circle 3. Ultimately, it comes down to what kind of course do we want Flyboy to be?
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:22 pm

Bobby Corn says:

"Keep it how it is!! The only thing I saw that would be neat for a hole was the area to the right of the hole before the Dock shot CTP hole's pin. I am sure there is no way to add a hole there and keep flow going, but let's see here. The hole after the one Kelly dueced, to the right of that pin looking up the hill would be one awesome and LONG downhill anny shot or forehand shot with the pond looming for an errant shot. I looked back through there and thought, man that would be an awesome hole!
This really belongs on the suggestions thread but oh well."
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:23 pm

Orchard says:

"Damn, and my only suggestion for the course was to move the tee pad 30 feet over to the right and the basket 30 feet over to the left. Doing away with 26 all together only because when it rains, a lot, it's a mess back there."

Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Bobby, funny you should mention that particular area. After you guys left, Me, Brad, Phil, and John, played up to the CTP doc shot. It was getting dark by then, so we walked around the wildlife area, skipping holes 10 - 14, to play back to the hangar. After we crossed the bridge across the stream (#10's tee pad), we played the big anhyzer shot you envisioned to 14's basket near the lake. It is a great shot, and nice terrain there. I've looked at it before, but I don't think we can squeeze it in without infringing on hole 10's fairway. I'll take a better look next time out though. It would be a matter of replacing the existing hole 14 with your new one.
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:51 pm

After Phil's round on Thursday, he gave me some great feedback over a pizza. Said he loves the course, in his top 5, but it is missing 3 basic shots: Big Hyzer 350-400 feet to the pin, Big Anhyzer 350-400 feet, and a shot to a gap about halfway to the hole, and continues another 300 plus feet to the basket after the gap. How could a course as extensive as Flyboy, not have a basic hyzer and anhyzer from the tee to the basket.....but he's right, it really doesn't!! (actually, Lefty's Revenge could probably be considered the big anhyser, but lots of other factors are its claim to fame). I couldn't sleep that night, racking my brain trying to find those basic hole templates somewhere on the course and flow them into the 27 Gold layout. Spent 2 hours on Google earth the next day searching for those holes and I think I've found them. So, standby for change #146! I'll set it up, and you guys decide if you like it. We can always put it back like it was.....the beauty of a "temporary" course!
This is how we achieve the best course in the country guys. Keep the suggestions flowing.
Kelly
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:54 pm

I just think that looks as if it would be a great shot, but you are correct that it will interfere with 10 fairway. Is there a way to play 10 tee pad up where those pink ribbons are and possibly move the basket back or something making it a true tunnel shot the entire way? That shot would be an incredible long anny or forehand shot. I am not sure how you would incorporate that newer hole into the flow of the course.

As for a long hyzer bomb shot if you took hole 20 I think it is, the one where you tee off right by that house, and move the basket to the left more so to the other side of the clearing, it would be a VERY long hyzer shot.

Tunnel shot to a clearing I just do not know, I was thinking a great teaser would be the final hole to clear out a gap over the creek as an alternate route instead of a big hyzer to get around the trees.

I'm free next week if you guys are playing and I can have my IOU with me!

I am sure your visions are great ones as Flyboy is a great course!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:45 am

Bobby, if the weather's nice next week, I'll be playing. Thanks for the suggestions, they're all good. We'll look at them next time you come out.
Kelly
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:56 am

Okay just message me on here, or Facebook, or call me, number is on facebook as well.

Thursday is supposed to be about 50 and the best day for me seeing how I will not play Friday in lue of the White Oak event. Just let me know, thanks again!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby millayday » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Details for the second monthly action at Flyboy under the Gossip section
millayday
DX Plastic

Postby crguanaco7 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:08 pm

flyboy rules :P :P :P
crguanaco7
DX Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:23 pm

Yes I hope to better my first time out score of 114 tomorrow!!! Shooting for par baby!!!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Cha Ching » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:06 am

crguanaco7 wrote:flyboy rules :P :P :P

Thanks for letting me know!? :x :evil:
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:44 am

Flyboy is EPIC Mark. See you saturday, we'll be shooting against each other!!!! ME AND MY NUKE!!!!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:11 am

Had any more thought into the hanging basket idea? I also never heard back from Brad about my Surge SS
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:40 am

The hanging basket is still a possibility, just got to get around to rigging it up!
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:09 am

Fly Boy wrote:The hanging basket is still a possibility, just got to get around to rigging it up!

If the basket was locked into position in the air then that would be acceptable. But baskets that hang and sway in the wind are INVALID.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Great courses don't need gimmicks to make it more enjoyable. From what I hear Flyboy is the bee's knee's. Don't cheapen it by adding in mini golf style obstacles. To me, courses that provide easy flow from hole to hole, good natural obstacles, and beautiful scenery are the best types. Work with what God gave you. From the pictures I've seen he has blessed you with some beautiful land.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:02 pm

He has talked about suspending it under this arched tree and supporting it from bottom and top, of course making it the same height as all other baskets, it would be neat. The sunken basket is fun, nothing wrong with a hanging basket.

Flyboy is phenominal, unlike other courses, it can continue to evolve. It does not really need to, but the options are there and Kelly likes all suggestions.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Right Jay, I don't want it to be "Goofy Golf" out here. However, I have seen the hanging basket on other courses done right, and it was pretty cool. This is probably low priority now. I need to spend time improving the tee pads before I fool around with a hanging basket.

By the way, there's a noon tee time here tomorrow if anyone reading this is interested. So far, me, Brad, Phil Arthur, and one of Phil's buddies. Let me know. Jay, you need to get down here!
Kelly
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:48 pm

The now pulled course in Brooksville, Fl. "The Gran Canyon" had two hanging baskets on its monster 27 hole course. It was a cool part of that amazing course. They swayed with the wind and it made it fun and interesting. Although, i think i am fundamentally against a hanging basket that sways.
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby DaBus85 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:40 pm

The only suggestions I can think of are the ones that we talked about. Trying to put in those two holes after 17 and before 18. And then putting 25 all the way across the water instead of on the peninsula. Maybe a basket or tee pad could be moved around from time to time, just to make the shots a little different. Can't really think of any off of the top of my head right now. It's easier to look at the holes while you are there to see what could be different.
DaBus85
Barney

Postby Fly Boy » Fri May 28, 2010 9:51 am

Thanks! I've been eyeing those 2 holes at the end of the runway for some time now. I think I may acquire 2 new baskets and set them up, available to play depending on what the group wants to do that day. #11, and #12, two very short par 3 holes would be replaced by the new #16 and #17, at par 3 and 4. This would bump par up to 102 for the full 27 hole course. Anyone got a bead on 2 DB5 baskets?
Kelly
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby fleshy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:48 am

Ive played twice now and am confused about where the teepad for 18 is. I know it spans the width of the runway (and it's obvious why you can't put something on the ground to mark it), but is it parallel to the sign? or between the first set of runway lights? or marked by something hanging in a tree?
Thanks
fleshy
Barney

Postby djester » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:52 am

right before the runway lights.... at 1600ft, you really don't get an advantage if you tee off 3 feet ahead of the tee area so I think it is kind of a "gray area".
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby millayday » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:46 am

There has been debate over the exact location of this tee pad in the past. You will have to check with Kelly for verification but I believe that the teepad is in line with the tree with white tape around it. It is not up near the first set of lights
millayday
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:21 pm

sheesh... then I retract my response.
good to know this info!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Fly Boy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Sorry about the confusion gentlemen. I'll mark the tee pad for #18 with some light gray spray paint. The tee sign will be off the runway abeam the marked tee pad.

Good luck!
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby fleshy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:31 am

thanks for your on-top-of-it-ness with all this digital shi* Kelly, especialy as far as 18 line marker. While you're at it marking stuff, where is the rope for the 2 shot penalty on #3? (I always assumed it was at the front edge of where the runway curves right. (Not that I'm ever gonna take that cuz i'm a monster..., but I'd like to see where it is for reference.)

Also, as far as straight up suggestions go, I'd personally recommend playing #18 as standard OB: wherever it goes out is where you play it. I know that the problem with this is thta it puts people on the runway for longer periods of time and that is obviously not desirable, but especially during tourneys I don't think errant rollers and crazy shit that goes super D should be rewarded with the 90 degree policy.
If i's just a practical thing though, it makes total sense.

And yah, #4 is a tough par 3, but, damn, #20 is a tough par 4 for little kids like me!

Your dad gave me a bunch of amazing corn when I went out there last sunday. Tell him I cooked it with a vidalia, a habanero, ginger and garlic and have been making omelettes all week with that deliciousness.
fleshy
Barney

Postby Fly Boy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:37 am

I ran over the rope for the #3 no risk shot with the bush hog a while back and shreded it into never never land. Now I only put a rope out for events that require it. It won't be in use for Hotlanta. The location, however, is just along the crest of the hill where the grass taxiway breaks down towards to the lake.

The runway hole is a sticky subject for tournaments. One solution may be the bunker rule. For casual play, however, my rule keeps the progress moving forward.

Glad you enjoyed the corn! I'll pass the info on to Wayne.

Kelly
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:34 am

Fly Boy wrote:The runway hole is a sticky subject for tournaments. One solution may be the bunker rule. For casual play, however, my rule keeps the progress moving forward.
Kelly

Has a waiver been granted for the runway hole from the PDGA for Hotlanta?

If not then the PDGA OB rules would have to be followed for the 1st PDGA sanctioned Event at Fly Boy.

Dave Gentry can be contacted at 706-261-6342 if you wish to ask for a waiver to the rule for this SAT if it has not already been done.
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby $Dollar$ » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:09 am

keith johnson wrote:
Fly Boy wrote:The runway hole is a sticky subject for tournaments. One solution may be the bunker rule. For casual play, however, my rule keeps the progress moving forward.
Kelly

Has a waiver been granted for the runway hole from the PDGA for Hotlanta?

If not then the PDGA OB rules would have to be followed for the 1st PDGA sanctioned Event at Fly Boy.

Dave Gentry can be contacted at 706-261-6342 if you wish to ask for a waiver to the rule for this SAT if it has not already been done.

Are you saying that in order for a TD to use the bunker rule on any hole during their tournament, they have to get a special PDGA waiver? I find that pretty PDGAY.

We are lucky enough to use Flyboy for a tournament, I just hope that someone doesnt ruin it for everyone.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:39 am

Not for bunCR rule but for 90 degree OB play that is the "usual" OB play on the runway hole.

How would you use the bunCR rule on OB's on the runway? just say you are NOT OB and just play from some arbitrary spot? - I'm unclear on that.

I'm pretty damn sure Gentry would grant the waiver for OB, and it wouldn't cause ANY issues for the Event, but it has to asked for.

No one is trying to cause to ruin anything - and I'm actually acting as State Coordinator by asking this - as part of the job is to facilitate TD's working with the PDGA to make sure things like this issue are addressed BEFORE an Event and that will keep issues from hopefully coming up.

I wish that people would see that EVERYONE playing by the same rules at PDGA Events benefits all the players instead of thinking it's ok to have 70 people all playing by different rules, and hoping you don't end up in a group where someone follows the rules while your competitors are not following them - because that is what is really sad.

Stop being so negative to anything that gets posted having to do with rules. :roll:
keith johnson

Postby $Dollar$ » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:54 am

KJ, I didn't mean you or anyone in particular when I said I hope one person doesn't ruin things. We should all tread lightly when out there. I have no ill will towards you, if there were any ill will at all it would be at the PDGA, when I thought tds had to have a permit to call something OB.

But using the buncr rule on 18 would be easy. If your disc does NOT come to rest between the lights, you simply rethrow from your last lie, without taking an extra penalty stroke. This saves the group from having to decide where someone went out, over and over again. Plus you aren't given credit for throwing a long way the wrong way. But you also aren't double penalized by an extra stroke. Sounds easy enough.
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:00 pm

For the record TD's can declare OB areas, but then they follow OB rules - if those rules are different than the rulebook - as they are at Fly Boy, or how John Biscoe gives 2 meters intead of 1 from the OB barbed wire fences at Hawk Hollow in VA, then the TD needs to get a waiver from Gentry for a PDGA SANCTIONED Event.

Your bunCR idea sounds like it could work with the entire side of both lights the length of the hole being bunCR's.
It would just have to be made EXTREMELY clear to each group when they showed up for their tee times since there is no players meeting to disseminate the changes for the players to know that it won't follow regular OB rules if Vach decides to use the bunCR instead - as then you would have groups playing the hole 3 different ways (Fly Boy way, PDGA OB way, and bunCR way) if some people didn't know about the bunCR being used (if it is).

Sorry if I took it the wrong way - as it seemed that minutes after I posted about the rule that you said I hope someone didn't ruin it wasn't directed at me when no one else was posting, but I'll believe you. :wink:

From the PDGA about bunCR's:

The concept for buncrs is to create challenges where the player loses distance but does not get a penalty if they land in them. Since that is similar to how we play Casual Relief, we created the name bunCR where the C and R stand for Casual Relief but still sounds like and plays similar to ball golf bunkers.

The three types of buncrs we've identified are as follows:
1) The line of play relief buncr is a marked area typically near the pin. If a player lands in it, the player must move back from the pin on the line of play to the edge of the buncr. There's no penalty other than distance. This type of buncr creates the equivalent of an artificial slope by the pin that works like a slope by the hole in ball golf where one side of the hole has a slope where a ball cannot land and rolls away if approached from that direction.

2) The fairway buncr provides a challenge on par 4 and par 5 holes where maybe there aren't that many trees. The idea is to place a marked buncr area where shanked drives might land. The player who lands in it must move to a marked drop zone which is farhter from the pin than the buncr. The drop zone is located in a position where the player will have to throw around a tree or two so the route isn't straight at the pin.

3) The special buncr is primarily feasible on layouts with a bunch of spotters such as the USDGC. It could sometimes be used within 100 feet of the pin or where the full buncr area is visible from the tee. If a player lands in the buncr, they rethrow from the same lie again just counting the throw but no penalty other than the distance they didn't get to move forward. Having spotters is important because you don;t want players to have to walk 300 feet to check to see if they landed inbounds or in the buncr than have to walk back to their lie.
keith johnson

Postby grease » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:52 pm

I put in a call to DG today for the waiver. It probably wouldn't have mattered if Narky McTattlestein didn't rat us out. :D
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby keith johnson » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:43 am

grease wrote:I put in a call to DG today for the waiver. It probably wouldn't have mattered if Narky McTattlestein didn't rat us out. :D

Since you are now listed as the official TD for this Event - I was wondering if the waiver was granted.

Rules should ALWAYS matter Mr. Campbell - Hotlanta TD again for the first time since 2006. :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby djester » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:08 am

"that's not a beer, its an energy drink!"
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby grease » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:40 am

Everything is ironed out and we're good to go. Wasn't calling anyone out, just wanted to use "Narky McTattlestein".
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby jritger » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:46 am

so what's the conclusion ... how is OB on 18 being played for the tourney?
jritger

Postby atl scott » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:00 pm

And what about those who don't want to throw over the lake at 3?
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby kade.erp » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:40 pm

You said Narky McTattlestein :shifty:
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Scott,
See me tomorrow about getting you a water disc to throw on the lake shot at #3.
Kelly
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby atl scott » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:37 pm

Fly Boy wrote:Scott,
See me tomorrow about getting you a water disc to throw on the lake shot at #3.
Kelly

:lol: not for me! I was just wondering in case it came up. So the point is you have to throw one in, i.e. no gimme drop zone?
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Return to Flyboy Aviation - Private Course