Chamblee Course

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Chamblee Course

Postby CD10 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm just wanting to get some opinions on the 9 hole course at Chamblee Methodist. I play there a good bit (mostly just to practice and because it's only 8 minutes from my house) and I'm trying to make the course a little more challenging. I met with the church last week and I got approved to add another set of tees. Right now there are just red and white and they are pretty simple holes but I'm curious if more players would come out if the holes were more challenging.

There is great potential for a couple par 4's and some longer par 3's. If anyone is interested in going out there with some ideas let me know. I know I could put my efforts elsewhere but since I play 3 to 4 times a week why not make it the best it can be.

Craig
(678) 758-9072
CD10
DX Plastic

Re: Chamblee Course

Postby Woodrow » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:24 am

Craig, I'll do a walk through and work on it with you. How will you be marking the tee areas? Would they entertain moving a couple of baskets too?
Woodrow

Postby VERMIN » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Love the church course for some practice and do my best to get there once a week. The lord messes with me there and spits out my ace runs. I guess that's my lesson in humility so I don't complain and thank him for the birdie.

Keep in mind of the area's that may flood due to heavy rains in your plans. Anything near the creek is flood plain area and could get washed out.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby darktoaster » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:53 pm

I play out there roughly 3 times a week at lunch and would welcome some more challenging tees. With that said I am not quite sure how you would extend the holes while retaining a good flow on the course.

I personally play a fun safari course out there but it does 2 loops through the area to get in 9 more interesting holes. I doubt that you would want to make official tees that are way back on other holes or in weird spots that would be extended walks to get to.
darktoaster
Barney

Postby CD10 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:03 am

I will be there today practicing if anyone wants to come out and look at new hole ideas. I will be there around 5:30 or 6.

Craig
CD10
DX Plastic

Postby darktoaster » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:02 pm

Wasn't able to make it out there today but out of curiosity can you describe your potential hole ideas?
darktoaster
Barney

Postby CD10 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:48 pm

These are the approximate locations for a new set of tees. Let me know what you think. There are not set in stone.

#1 TOWARD THE BUILDING ACROSS THE ROAD OF HOLE #1 WHITE TEE
(APPROX 320' STRAIGHT/HYZER SHOT WITH OB 20' BEHIND BASKET)

#2 DIRECTLY RIGHT OF THE #2 WHITE TEE TUCKED IN THE WOODS
(APPROX. 300' ANHYZER OUT OF THE WOODS WITH OB BEHIND AND LEFT OF BASKET)

#3 WALK PAST THE PLAYGROUND TOWARDS THE WOODS. THROW FROM THE WOODLINE TO THE PENINSULA GREEN
I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THIS A PAR 4 WITH THE TIGHT OB MAKING IT A VERY CHALLENGING 2.
(IT IS REACHABLE WITH ONE THROW BUT YOU ONLY HAVE ABOUT 15' ON ONE SIDE OF THE BASKET AND 30' ON THE OTHER)
**I GUESS ITS ABOUT 430' OR SO

#4 DIRECTLY BEHIND THE #4 WHITE TEE PAD TUCKED IN THE WOODS
(STRAIGHT SHOT WITH CREEK ON THE LEFT)

#5 THROWING OVER THE ROAD WITH PARKING LOT TO THE RIGHT OF THE BASKET AND CREEK ON THE LEFT
(ITS MORE OF A STRAIGHT SHOT WITH OB ON BOTH SIDES)

#6 NOT SURE **NEED SOME IDEAS

#7 ABOUT 50' BEHIND THE #7 RED TEE TOWARD THE APPLE TREES
(BIG BLIND ANHYZER OVER THE HILL)

#8 DIRECTLY BEHIND THE #8 WHITE TEE UP THE HILL IN THE WOODS
(SLOW HYZER AROUND APPLE TREES WITH KUDZU ON THE RIGHT

#9 STRAIGHT BACK FROM #9 RED TEE TO THE END OF THE FENCE LINE
(STRAIGHT SHOT WITH CREEK BEHIND AND RIGHT OF PIN)

Go play them and let me know.
CD10
DX Plastic

Postby monsterboys76 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:50 pm

so for hole 3 you would anhyzer around the 3 trailers they just put in? and I was thinking maybe you could put the tee box on 6 back more near that picnic table, or maybe you could walk over to hole one where the kiosk is and fire one right through the trees(that might be to tight of a shot though).
Greg Pothier
P SELECT
monsterboys76
Pro Plastic

Postby CD10 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:20 am

According to the church the trailers will gone in about 4 weeks. For now you would throw an anhyzer around the trailers then your upshot to the pin.
CD10
DX Plastic

Postby darktoaster » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:58 pm

I would just be concerned that some of the new tees such as 3,8, and possibly 9 would put the playgrounds even more into play than they are already.
darktoaster
Barney

Postby monsterboys76 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:49 pm

i don't think the playgrounds would get in the way.....well maybe on 8 people can get carried away with a big hyzer. plus everytime i go i never see anyone in those playgrounds and i only see 2 or 3 players as well.
Greg Pothier
P SELECT
monsterboys76
Pro Plastic

Postby CD10 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:37 am

Once the trailers are gone on hole 3 the playground shouldnt come in to play. I rarely see people there anyway. For hole 8 you would have to throw a really high hyzer over the apple tree to get to the playground. For 9 you are throwing right next to the fence, not over it, so I dont think you can get in that playground unless you really try.
CD10
DX Plastic

Return to Q & A