Frame by frame drive analysis

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Frame by frame drive analysis

Postby billnchristy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 am

Something I learned we could do during the last clinic and I am kicking around the idea of making it available to everyone for a small fee.

How it would work:

We meet at course, I film you driving several times, I go home, chop the video into images and send them to you.

As an added bonus I might be able to send said images off to an expert for analysis.

What do you think? Would this be a resource people here would want to take advantage of?

I just did it for the women at the clinic and the outcome as amazing, even someone as bad as me could identify most flaws and what was causing them.

Here is an example of how it would look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52731611@N ... 8640/show/

From now on, at a minimum, participants in my clinics receive this service as part of the clinic fee.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Re: Frame by frame drive analysis

Postby Cha Ching » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:51 pm

The one you put on FB is better. You can click "next" as fast, or as slow, as you want to. I have been wanting video since i started playing, but im broke for awhile! :(
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:40 pm

What I would send would be just a zip of all the images so you could use the preview feature and do the same thing. I do agree that the one that you can scroll quickly through works better.

If I could figure out how to make the video fit in an email I could send that too.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:49 am

Some details:

Price $15 for a limited time. I know everyone is cheap and that is why I will do it so cheap for a while but it just is not "worth" my time for this low but hopefully a few people will jump and tell everyone what a great help it is. Regular price will be $20...which is still cheap, a lot of golf services charge you $60 for you to send in your own video.

Available:

Mon & Wed 630-730 at Alexander Park
Maybe other days on request, especially if we are planning a round at your location that day

Your expert analyst is Courtney McCoy. She spots flaws at full speed, imagine what she can do with these.

Profit from this adventure will go straight back into my women's events. So you can help yourself and help the girls at the same time.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Bornabuckeye » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:44 am

Same service for sidearmers? I'd be interested and have a friend that I believe would be also.
PDGA Member # 36856
donniekreece@gmail.com
Bornabuckeye
Champion Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:24 pm

Yeah I have done Sarah Stanhopes, mine, and 2 girls from the last clinic with Courtney, its probably easier because there is not nearly as much motion with one.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby i2rt » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:42 pm

Here is a sweet camera that shoots both video and still images in slow motion. It can shoot high res stills up to 40 fps and video at somewhat low res up to 1000 fps. It even has a feature that takes the best images from a burst and makes a composite. The real kicker is that it sells on Amazon for around $300.

http://www.casio.com/products/Cameras/E ... d/EX-FH25/
Bill Thornton
PDGA# 20980
i2rt
DX Plastic

Postby djester » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:01 pm

My next camera!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby billnchristy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:06 pm

Good deal, I use a creative VADO that shoots 720p and its software does the 30 fps breakdown on the PC.

I got it during Christmas for $129. Cool thing is its about the size of an ipod.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Return to Q & A