Private disc golf course at Neel's Gap in North Georgia?

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Private disc golf course at Neel's Gap in North Georgia?

Postby Lewis » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:32 am

It might take a hiker to answer this, but I took a day hike on the Appalachian Trail last weekend from Neel's Gap up to the summit of Blood Mountain in North Georgia. At Neel's Gap is a well-known outfitter for AT backpackers called "Mountain Crossings" -- you might know it as the "Walasi (sp?) Center" -- on Highway 19 a little ways South of Young Harris College. So I was walking around the Mountain Crossings grounds and I saw several disc golf baskets set up in the woods on the side of the mountain. And then I looked a little more and saw some more. It looked like a random course set up with portable single-chain baskets, basically in the outfitter's back yard. I didn't get the chance to play or even ask about it that day, but I wonder if anybody here knows anything about it? If not, I may make a trip up there some time soon just to inquire and report back to here and to dgcoursereview.com.
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Re: Private disc golf course at Neel's Gap in North Georgia?

Postby billnchristy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:49 am

We had noticed the one right outside of the building before during a pee break on the way to meeks. Did not know there were several others.

Would be pretty cool to check out, I wonder if the folks inside have a little map of the course?
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Re: Private disc golf course at Neel's Gap in North Georgia?

Postby htorbit » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:06 pm

From what I understand, the few baskets belong to the employees at the store and they play them at lunch and stuff. I doubt they are open to the public but a call to the store would answer that question.
htorbit
DX Plastic

Return to Q & A