IDGC Champions Series event IV ------DATE CHANGE-------

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

IDGC Champions Series event IV ------DATE CHANGE-------

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:53 am

I needed to change the date of the next champions series event to September 4th, from the original date August 28th. I will be pairing with the Augusta Clubs to make a fun camping/festival atmosphere out of this tournament weekend.

Since it is Labor Day weekend, lets make a weekend camping festival out of event
IV. I am planning on holding the normal C-tier tournament on Saturday, maybe a
couple of tweaks like short pads on the Jim Warner for certain divisions. I
will have a bunch of giveaways and CTP's for this event, everyone should walk
away with something!!!!

Then in conjunction with the Augusta Clubs host some side events and CAMP OUT!!
Saturday night a 18 hole mini golf tournament on our new course, pot luck
barbecue in the IDGC pavilion, followed by a 9 hole glow golf doubles. Then
Sunday morning a doubles event, with more details on format, course, and cost to
be announced shortly.

CAMPING IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, and will be available on site at the IDGC.

More details to follow............
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Re: IDGC Champions Series event IV ------DATE CHANGE-------

Postby SheDawg » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:36 am

Nice! Two solid disc golf weekends in a row - lookin forward to it!
Rachel D. Conley
SheDawg
Barney

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:16 pm

SheDawg wrote:Nice! Two solid disc golf weekends in a row - lookin forward to it!

YAY glad to hear u guys want to come, i still have your polos from last year ;)

I think its gonna be about 2 months of great tournies: hotlanta, IDGC IV, Elberton, AUG classic, GSSS#6, USDGC/USWDGC
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby SheDawg » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:45 am

Well unfortunately I can only speak for myself since I just realized this is now the same weekend as the infamous Southern Nationals - but I didn't try to qualify this year and won't be playing so I hope to at least make it myself if school allows! (Maybe IDGC dates will fall on better weekends for me next year... cuz I definitely like to make it down there!)
Rachel D. Conley
SheDawg
Barney

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:28 pm

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/champions_series_festival_flyer.pdf

Flyer for the 4th series event/campout, I have also decided to have videos playing in the center most of the night and will allow people to sleep inside if they choose. So bring a tent or sleeping bag and pad and we will have you set up!

New video arrivals that will probably be in que, 2008 Japan Open, 2010 Collegiate Championships, 2010 PDGA AM Worlds, and soon to arrive 2010 Japan Open! Of course i will take requests as well from our extensive disc golf video library.

The Barbecue will be a potluck sort of thing, so please bring food to share, i will try to get some drinks (non alcoholic), and maybe some sides.

Slumber Party at the IDGC!!!!!!!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:00 pm

This will be a great warm up event for the Augusta Classic which is two weeks later. I know this is gonna be a super busy time of year for disc golf in this area, but lets make all these events a success.

With that said this will be a not to miss event, FREE CAMPING on IDGC grounds, lots of giveaways, mini course will be set up with side action, and a fun potluck cookout for all! There will also be a $10 random draw doubles on sunday morning, run by ScottyO and the newest club in the area.

I just submitted online registration and it should be up soon, i will also take registration in person and over the phone at the IDGC. I would get used to registering early for these events because next year i am going to have a day of registration fee.

Jason
706-261-6342
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Just found out that Columbia County, which runs the park here, will be having a Boat/Drive in movie night on September 4th. They will be showing Avatar at dusk, which im guessing will be at the main boat ramps here in the park!
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:53 am

Due to the status of the course maintenance, we will be playing the Steady Ed and the Jim Warner courses. The Intermediate, Recreational, AM women, and Novice divisions will play the short tee pads on Jim Warner.

Jackson course will be under construction at this time, as we prepare for some changes for the Augusta Classic event. Multiple Tees and basket positions will be permanently changed, as well as many key trees are being removed with the intention of evening out the scoring spread of different holes. It sounds like hole 11 will be removed in the future, and a new hole will be constructed in its place, but this move will most likely NOT be done before the classic.
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments