FEELER- Halvesies at White Oak? (and teaser of my event)

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

FEELER- Halvesies at White Oak? (and teaser of my event)

Postby billnchristy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:54 pm

I am planning on running an event as a fundraiser for my next womens tournament. I have decided that instead of begging you guys for money next year for tee signs I am going to milk you slowly throughout the year and provide some good wholesome tournament fun in return. :D

Each event will be a completely different and unique format and they will be announced as I secure the parks for their use.

These will be very low frills but also low cost events, generally half the money will go to payout, the other half (minus park fees) to my tournament.

The first event that I definitely will be running will be a 9 hole elimination/skins tournament at White Oak.

I will only be using 9 holes for this so the other half of the course would be available for someone to run another event or even just do some field event side action...whatever, I don't care as long as you help pay for the pavillion. :D

My event is obviously more geared towards ADV/PRO players so a simultaneous AM event would probably have a good draw.

Here is details for my event which will hopefully drum up some excitement.

$10 entry and 1 round of qualifying
$5 for each additional round of qualifying

7:30-11:30 qualifying is open

You can play as many rounds as you want to qualify, we will cut off further rounds based on how long 9 holes takes to play that way nobody is out there when the quarterfinals start.

12:30 quarterfinals (top 36) random cards are drawn from the top 36.

2ish (top 9) top of each card heads to final 9, final 9 are paid flat rate.

330ish (skins) top 4 play a final 9 holes for skins.

Here is an example payout:
36 people buy in for 1 round
10 people pay for 2
10 people pay for 3
$255 goes into pot

Final 9 get $12 back

Skins are $18 for 1 and 9 and $16 for remaining holes.

So if you sweep skins you could walk away with $160 for (in this example) as low as $10 and as much as $20 invested.

If the pot is pushed past hole 9 play will continue until someone wins a hole and the entire pot.

If no-one wants to use the other half of the park maybe I will set up an Am version of the same thing with greasy-bucks as prizes or something...or someone else can step up and run that...your opportunity to get half a park at half the price and if we do it right people can probably play in both.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Re: FEELER- Halvesies at White Oak? (and teaser of my event)

Postby djester » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:01 pm

:crazy:
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby billnchristy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Josh is in. :lol:
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby jritger » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Explain how the competition part works. How do I qualify? The elimination process (quarterfinals) happens if you lose on your 4-some card?

Sounds fun.
jritger

Postby billnchristy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:57 pm

The first 4 hours is open qualifying. You qualify by getting in the top 36...if 36 dont play then everyone is in.

Quarter finals is top 36. (1 round of 9)

Low score from each card = top 9, top 9 get paid.

semis top 9 play 1 round.

Best 4 go to skins and play 1 round of skins.

Low percentage chance but a huge return if you can play some good rounds. On top of that, with the random draw from the top 36 you could get on a "weak" card and just have to play an easy 9 to make the cut.

Might be able to do some fun stuff on the side, especially if someone wants to help out and run some other stuff...it could be a veritable disc golf carnival out there. :o
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby DaltonDiscMan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Possible date(s)?
DaltonDiscMan
DX Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:03 pm

Lets say September 4 for right now.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby O4PETESAKE » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:25 pm

If you show up in person for Tuesday dubs, you might get some takers on this action. Nobody seems to be running anything in GA on Sep.4, so you're good there, but you will want to check pavilion availability for White Oak. I was going to try to run my Cardiac Cup in Aug, and I thought I didn't need to rent a pavilion. I got tracked down by the parks department after putting signs up, and their policy is that you have to rent pavillion #3 simply to even hold a tournament. This stems from parking issues that arose in the past. FYI....a 501(c)-3 non profit group can rent the facility for 50%. I ended up paying $60 to rent it for the day.
Contact Paulding Co. Parks and Rec dept., because not doing so will cause problems for future tournaments.
Disc
Golf, WO 30157
O4PETESAKE
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Already have, no worries there, Mike pointed me in the right direction.

As for Tuesday dubs there is no way I could even make it over there from Lawrenceville in time.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby O4PETESAKE » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:16 pm

I could make an announcement, but in the mean time..get a flyer made up, and I will post it up(hoping to install message board very soon).
Disc
Golf, WO 30157
O4PETESAKE
Pro Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Yeah, once I hear from Michael that the day is good I will get the flyer completed.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments