Thanks

Jasper County - Monticello, Ga

Moderators: luke, ADGO BOD

Thanks

Postby Cha Ching » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:37 pm

To Luke, Josh, and anyone else that had a hand in cleaning up The Monty.The course looks sweet and plays very fair.
It was an enjoyable weekend of laid back disc golf. Good times! :mrgreen:
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Re: Thanks

Postby Funky Bobby J » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Here here - made my first trip to the Monty - what a great course. It is well worth the trip to go check it out. It is a truly wonderfully fair woods course (with several really good open holes). Luke, you and your gang have done a great job - I cannot wait to come back and have another go of the Monty.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:51 am

I agree with Funky and Cha Ching. Thanks for everything guys!
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby soupdude62 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:50 am

Agreed
My first time at the "Monty" also, one hell of a course. The only thing that I would say that you need to change is the thermostat. 90+ made this old man loose a lot of water.
Thanks for a great time!
Lunch was great also.
soupdude62
DX Plastic

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:55 am

Great time golfing at the Monty this weekend. Love the course and it obviously loved me (I just pulled the last tick off me!)
Thanks Luke for the hospitality and all the work you and Josh have been doing out there. I'll be back to play "the fairest woods course in GA".
"Fearlessly the Idiot faced the crowd, Smiling"
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:49 am

Don't forget about Wade, Mark Spaugh, Woody, Vertically Challenged, Clunck, and the others that have helped along the way.

What a great weekend we had!!

When's the next one ??
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby DD » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:52 am

djester wrote:

When's the next one ??

Check.
Dave Douglas
DD
DX Plastic

Postby VERMIN » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks Luke for making the weekend happen and for the hospitality. Special thanks to you and Josh for the work on the course and to any other helpers.
Speakin' the vernacular of the peasantry. Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right....Professor Marvel

Vern Williams - ADGO #120 - PDGA #27359
VERMIN
Star Plastic

Postby Clunck » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:58 am

Thanks everybody who made this possible. I love me some Monty. Special thanks to Josh, Mr Anderson, Wade, and Rhonda/Luke for putting up with us. Not sure if I can trump Crash's new trick the next time but I'm ready to try. Don't wait so long before the next one! and thanks CRickey for you know what.
That was in, cocker block doesn't count!
Clunck
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Thanks Luke, you sexy beast!
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby Cha Ching » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:47 pm

djester wrote:
When's the next one ??

Count me in! :mrgreen:
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby luke » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:02 pm

The next one?

Jeez, I haven't posted the scores for this one. Swear I'll get them soon.

Do me a favor, though. For the next one, would you guys help press more folk to come? 14 teams was fine, but I'd sure love to draw the crowd this course deserves.

The next Action will be a Saturday coming up in June---The Monty shares a rotating doubles thingy with Claystone once a month for the Middle Georgia Disc Golf League.

The next singles tournament is hopeful to be a C tier PDGA event. As I said before, Monty Dubs will remain a nonsanctioned event.
luke
Star Plastic

Postby luke » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:07 pm

My thanks go out to Josh, Wade, Grease, Ben the Boy Scout, Wes the Recreation Department Director, Chop, Brian Lang. They all pitched in at one point or another in the last month to make this work. The course is as beautiful as it has ever been.

We raised a whopping 200 bucks for the course---that's pretty good for 42 entries. Many folks contributed to the purchase/making of the fundraiser lunch, so if I miss anyone, please add their name: Chris Rickey, Vern, DD, Funky Bobby J., Josh, Clunck, Chop. Thanks to Chappy for having all the food warm and set up so we could eat, swim, and return rejuvenated for the second round. With some of the money I am buying a basket from Grease to install in place of number 9, which went missing in the week before the tournament. Otherwise, we are hoping to spend cash on concrete teepads--in order, numbers 7, 8, 13, 12, etc etc etc.

The next bit of work we will tackle will be cutting new #6 and new #7 (or possibly new 6, 7, and 8). We'll have to get both done before we will be able to play either, as a number 7 is needed to get back near the rest of the course. (6 is a big downhill around the corner shot--most of you probably saw it flagged off on the walk between 5-6). When we finish those two, then we can concentrate on the area behind current 9 pin and 10 tee. 2 more holes will likely go in there.
luke
Star Plastic

Postby celticbro » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Ya got da results, boss?!!? 8)

I swear I'm gonna play 'The Full Monty' soon! And just like Chop, I'm determined not to have the ticks use ME as an appetizer lol
celticbro
Barney

Postby luke » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:09 pm

results are posted!
luke
Star Plastic

Return to The Monty