IDGC questions

Questions & Answers

Moderator: ADGO BOD

IDGC questions

Postby chain-gang » Sat May 29, 2010 6:41 pm

Not being too far away, me and some buds were thinking of making a weekend trip to hit the three courses at the IDGC. Does anyone know if all three courses are always open? Do you have to be a PDGA member to play them? Are they pay-to-play or free like most? Not too much info that i could find on the web. thanks for any help yall can give.
The 2nd is the ONLY amendment that protects the rest!
chain-gang
Barney

Re: IDGC questions

Postby billnchristy » Sat May 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Park has a fee and each course has a fee, more for non PDGA members but playable by all.

http://www.pdga.com/IDGC/fees
http://www.pdga.com/IDGC/hours
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby AugustaTom » Mon May 31, 2010 12:43 am

I live here in augusta and have played two of the courses. steady ed and jackson. both were fun, I really enjoyed steady ed, jackson kicked our butts though. you have to pay like $5 per car to get into the park and $5 to play all day. If you don't want to pay for parking say you have some business at the IDGC or a meeting with the director. They have a metric Crap ton of discs available as well. Steady ed does have some water in play, so play in the summer when you can go swimming. Its worth the trip, and worth the fees. Jackson is crazy long, and I hear the other is even longer. Don't plan on playing more than one course unless your arm is in shape.
AugustaTom
Barney

Postby kade.erp » Mon May 31, 2010 12:32 pm

AugustaTom wrote: Don't plan on playing more than one course unless your arm is in shape.

This is absolutely awful advise. Once you have made it to discneyland you play your heart out whether your arm can keep up or not! Play every hole out there and bring food to consume otherwise you will not make it through all the holes. Its all about survival out there and with the right rations I really see no reason to leave! :shock: But in all seriousness most people are spent after the second round arm or not.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby chain-gang » Mon May 31, 2010 6:34 pm

Thanks for the help and advise. we are planning on going early on a saturday, playing two courses then hitting a hotel. We then want to hit the third course then play Redan or somewhere on the way back home sunday. seems to me like a good weekend. thanks again for the info.
The 2nd is the ONLY amendment that protects the rest!
chain-gang
Barney

Postby Redan Randy » Mon May 31, 2010 10:01 pm

I have played over there a lot and recommend everybody to play there. Kade is right, it is a matter of survival! If you have the time and money to stay a night the way you are, is best. I recommend that you play Ed and Jim the first day. Then Jackson the next morning, early as you can, and try to fit in your favorite course between Ed and and Jim for another round! The courses are tough, but the more you play them the more each course grows on you. I used to "hate" Jackson, but now after ten or more rounds there i like the course more and more and recognize the holes now and know what i have to do on each hole(execution is another story!). You have to adapt to the par 4 and par 5 mindset. Hole 18 at Jackson is a scary monster hole, but the last time out there i was putting for a 4 both rounds with my weenie arm! Both resulting in my first par 5's on that hole! :x Except for that insensitive retard Jason, the guy that will pocket your five bucks at the IDGC, you're gonna have a great time!! :lol:
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Wookie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:42 am

Umm....I think the Grange in VA is already the disc golf disneyland. Sorry. :mrgreen:

They have it all plus 2 chickens a duck and a rooster.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:47 am

confirmed!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby kade.erp » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:09 am

well you sure can't beat being 2.5 hrs. away! Check that confirmation on travel time there wook.
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby Wookie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:59 am

trust me, I just got back from my second 10-day stay at The Grange and I will drive the 8.5 hours anytime I can get up there. And yes, the place is that awesome. They have THE Tiki Course, Ping-Pong, movie room, arcade games, THE Tiki Course, pool/hot tub, most friendliest volunteer staff ever, THE Tiki Course, 9 hole mini-golf, Tennis Ball golf...

and the 2 courses there are amazing as well.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:27 am

Don't forget about THE Tiki course!!! I could live there. I'm planning a trip later this year 8)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby Redan Randy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:18 pm

IDGC is Discneyland. I named it that a couple of years ago. You can call it Knott's Berry Grange, or Six Discs over Virginia or whatever. But the IDGC is Discneyland. New attractions are still being added, like an eighteen hole mini course to go with the three championship courses!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:32 pm

Wookie wrote:They have it all plus 2 chickens a duck and a rooster.

IDGC has wild turkeys and Yeti has been spotted there multiple times!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby djester » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:31 pm

Redan Randy wrote:
Wookie wrote:They have it all plus 2 chickens a duck and a rooster.

IDGC has wild turkeys and Yeti has been spotted there multiple times!!

I'm confused, did you mean that "Yeti have been spotted drinking wild turkey there."

?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby billnchristy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:38 pm

Drink enough wild turkey and you can see yeti just about anywhere....3 of 'em in fact!
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:03 am

Redan Randy wrote:I have played over there a lot and recommend everybody to play there. Kade is right, it is a matter of survival! If you have the time and money to stay a night the way you are, is best. I recommend that you play Ed and Jim the first day. Then Jackson the next morning, early as you can, and try to fit in your favorite course between Ed and and Jim for another round! The courses are tough, but the more you play them the more each course grows on you. I used to "hate" Jackson, but now after ten or more rounds there i like the course more and more and recognize the holes now and know what i have to do on each hole(execution is another story!). You have to adapt to the par 4 and par 5 mindset. Hole 18 at Jackson is a scary monster hole, but the last time out there i was putting for a 4 both rounds with my weenie arm! Both resulting in my first par 5's on that hole! :x Except for that insensitive retard Jason, the guy that will pocket your five bucks at the IDGC, you're gonna have a great time!! :lol:

mmmmm i can buy one of these with your $5 Randy!!!

Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Ridesbrd » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:05 am

AugustaTom wrote:I live here in augusta and have played two of the courses. steady ed and jackson. both were fun, I really enjoyed steady ed, jackson kicked our butts though. you have to pay like $5 per car to get into the park and $5 to play all day. If you don't want to pay for parking say you have some business at the IDGC or a meeting with the director. They have a metric Crap ton of discs available as well. Steady ed does have some water in play, so play in the summer when you can go swimming. Its worth the trip, and worth the fees. Jackson is crazy long, and I hear the other is even longer. Don't plan on playing more than one course unless your arm is in shape.

Also dont tell them your coming to work here unless you really are, cmon guys......jeez :roll: Its $3 per car, bring 3 buddies and make em pay $1 each.......
Ridesbrd
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Ridesbrd wrote:mmmmm i can buy one of these with your $5 Randy!!!

More like one of these!! mmmmmmm, date un gusto!!
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby grease » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:44 pm

OOH LALA! Red velvet moose knuckle!
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby richardhead » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:57 pm

The love of Bradshaw's life.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:24 pm

grease wrote:OOH LALA! Red velvet moose knuckle!

I ate a whole bunch of red velvet moose knuckle once! My poo was red for 2 1/2 days!! :shock:
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Not to mention the mustache... red velved moose knuckle takes comet or something to get outta facial hair I bet.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Postby billnchristy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:14 am

Moose Knuckle? With the size of that thing it could be Paul Bunyan's ox knuckle.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Funky Bobby J » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:17 am

C'mon guys, maybe she just has her pants on backwards...
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Return to Q & A