First time.

Fayette County - Fayetteville, Ga

Moderators: SlingShot, ADGO BOD

First time.

Postby richardhead » Mon May 03, 2010 1:52 pm

I finally made it down to McCurry this past weekend. I must say that with the exception of 1-2 holes, this is one of the better courses in our fine state. Kudo's to the crew that is responsible for installing and maintaining this fine track. I just wish that it was less then 2 hours from my house, I would play it more.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Re: First time.

Postby TokioJason » Mon May 17, 2010 2:14 am

by richardhead » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:49 pm

I was confused. I thought you were talking about 17 at Sequoyah. I've never played McCurry and don't plan to.

Just came across that =]
TokioJason
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon May 17, 2010 8:35 am

And........your point is? Plans change. If it were closer then 2 hours from my house I would go back. I can be in Augusta in less than 2 hours and have my choice of courses to play. I can drive 1 hour North into SC and play 6 courses on the way.

McCurry is great and unless there's a tournament there, I probably won't go back. Seeing as how the only tournaments being held there are GSSS events, I more than likely won't go back.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:56 am

So what you are saying is that you might play if there was another tournament there. Hmmmmm...
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby keith johnson » Mon May 17, 2010 9:47 am

mrpbody33 wrote:So what you are saying is that you might play if there was another tournament there. Hmmmmm...

I was wondering what it is that Jay doesn't like about Events he doesn't play in myself. :shock:
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby richardhead » Mon May 17, 2010 10:11 am

keith johnson wrote:I was wondering what it is that Jay doesn't like about Events he doesn't play in myself. :shock:

First of all, I've played in several GSSS events. I've also signed up for several to later find out that I couldn't attend. Second, I have my reasons as to why I won't attend another GSSS event. I won't bore the masses with those reasons and I won't waste my time discussing those reasons with you. It's almost impossible to have a proper conversation when both parties are stubborn and hard headed. So, just have it be noted that I won't be attending any GSSS events in the future. Take it how you will.
Last edited by richardhead on Mon May 17, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:14 am

What I am really getting at is that I think this course needs to have its own dedicated annual tournament (i.e. Meeks Madness, Stephen Co Pro/Am, etc.)
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
mrpbody33

Postby richardhead » Mon May 17, 2010 10:23 am

That's what I got out of your original statement. Of course some people just can't see the obvious.

When will this tournament happen, Mr. Arnson? :D
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby mrpbody33 » Mon May 17, 2010 10:25 am

I will see what I can do. I have been itching to run a tournament for some time now.
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
mrpbody33

Postby keith johnson » Mon May 17, 2010 10:52 am

richardhead wrote:
keith johnson wrote:I was wondering what it is that Jay doesn't like about Events he doesn't play in myself. :shock:

First of all, I've played in several GSSS events. I've also signed up for several to later find out that I couldn't attend. Second, I have my reasons as to why I won't attend another GSSS event. I won't bore the masses with those reasons and I won't waste my time discussing those reasons with you. It's almost impossible to have a proper conversation when both parties are stubborn and hard headed. So, just have it be noted that I won't be attending any GSSS events in the future. Take it how you will.

I was just having fun with you Jay, but you are the one taking it the wrong way.

I know you have played GSSS Events, as well as sponsored the Series, and signed up for other GSSS Events and didn't play.

I don't really care what your reasons are, as the Events will go on with whoever signs up to play them - some people like them, some don't.

I (and I'm sure Sheryl) would be happy to see another Event held there as then I could go as just a player, like Meeks and enjoy myself without having to do all the TD stuff and play.

Sorry if I've upset you in some way you haven't let me know about, and I certainly have no hard feelings towards you about anything.
keith johnson

Postby richardhead » Mon May 17, 2010 11:05 am

I don't really care enough either. Let's just consider the issue settled. We all know that the GSSS will live on forever. :roll:
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon May 17, 2010 11:52 am

Issue (whatever it was) settled - NOTHING lives on forever. :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby Crohn321 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:10 pm

I agree that it would be nice to have another tournament at McCurry Park in the near future!
Crohn321
Barney

Postby jonp » Mon May 17, 2010 10:33 pm

keith johnson wrote:Issue (whatever it was) settled - NOTHING lives on forever. :mrgreen:
richardhead wrote:I don't really care enough either. Let's just consider the issue settled. We all know that the GSSS will live on forever. :roll:
mrpbody33 wrote:What I am really getting at is that I think this course needs to have its own dedicated annual tournament (i.e. Meeks Madness, Stephen Co Pro/Am, etc.)

1st annual McCurry McFlurry?
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Postby Rubiks » Mon May 17, 2010 10:42 pm

jonp wrote:1st annual McCurry McFlurry?

McDonald's corporate sponsorhsip?
Support Collegiate Disc Golf

National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships
Hippodrome Disc Golf Complex
April 12-15, 2012 in North Augusta, SC
Rubiks
Pro Plastic

Re: First Time

Postby FOG21121 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:29 am

I have played McCurry Park since day 1 and have played through every change that Andrew has made. Every change he made he would ask us that play there all the time what we thought. We gave out input and Andrew has fought and worked very hard to make McCurry Park a good all around course fair for everyone. I believe he has accomplised that and with that I give him all the kudos that he well deserves. D. Brown 21121
FOG21121
Barney

Postby djester » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Launch Pad wins a lifetime supply of Kudos !!!!! What a sweet deal 8)
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Return to McCurry Park