Post removed

Fayette County - Fayetteville, Ga

Moderators: SlingShot, ADGO BOD

Post removed

Postby SlingShot » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:40 pm

After some consideration, I removed the post about the "lost item" on hole 1. Stupid happens, but I did not feel it wise to advertise the situation so publicly as to have it posted on this forum. Anyone with questions or concerns feel free to PM me for further explination regarding this decision.
Andrew Jenkins
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Re: Post removed

Postby mrpbody33 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:35 pm

I agree. I was tempted to that myself. :|
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Postby Big Red » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:22 am

I think that was a poor decision. If anything this problem needs to be advertised as much as possible so that the people who commit these crimes are ostracized and eventually ousted from our ranks. Hiding it has always been the traditional means of dealing with this and while there has been a vast amount of improvement the problem still lingers. In other words I don't think this works. Just my opinion though and I am never short of opinions. :)
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun May 02, 2010 8:54 pm

The problem with that and the litter and the vandalism on courses is that it USUALLY isn't done by the people who read or frequent the disc golf message boards, but by the casual players who don't care about the hard work anyone else puts in for a course as long as they can go and do whatever they want while playing.

Read the stories on the PDGA board or Discgolfrus(or whatever it's called) and you'll see almost EVERY single course removal story has the course pro or club or TD saying it isn't "our" players, it's the casual players - they almost look like copied stories from 1 city to the next where courses have been lost near neighborhoods or highly visible parks because of the players who DON'T CARE.
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby djester » Fri May 07, 2010 6:35 pm

I knew I left my panties somewhere...... :shock:

Seriously... I'm interested now...
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Return to McCurry Park