Ken and Dave looking for some action at Flyboy tomorrow

Carroll County - Whitesburg, Ga

Moderators: Fly Boy, ADGO BOD

Ken and Dave looking for some action at Flyboy tomorrow

Postby Fly Boy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:33 pm

I know its late notice, but these guys are playing the course again tomorrow with a 10am tee time (sharp) and looking for some action from Atlanta's best players. I hear "anal vision disease" (I just can't see my ass coming to work tomorrow) is emidemic around Atlanta, so call in sick and be at Flyboy 10am sharp tomorrow morning!
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Re: Ken and Dave looking for some action at Flyboy tomorrow

Postby kade.erp » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:49 pm

:shock:
kade.erp
Pro Plastic

Postby DaBus85 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:07 pm

If it would have been wednesday instead of today I'm there. But class comes before disc golf. Oh well would of been and awesome opportunity to play with the champs, get some pointers and just have a good time. I hope for all that went there you guys have a good time and stay out of those lakes!!
DaBus85
Barney

Postby atl scott » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:57 pm

DaBus85 wrote:Oh well would of been and awesome opportunity to play with the champs, get some pointers and just have a good time.

I had hoped so, but they had a 5-some and wanted no comers to join. :? Ended up playing with a couple buddies and having a great time anyway. Hit the windsock on my first throw for the hangar shot!
atl scott
Pro Plastic

Postby brim » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Dave shoots an 81 from what I hear through the grapevine... showoff.
Shnarf
brim
DX Plastic

Postby DaBus85 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:50 pm

I also heard about that 81. From what I'm told it's now the course record or tied it not sure which but either way it's a sick round.
DaBus85
Barney

Postby millayday » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Sorry to Scott for not being able to play with those guys. I got the heads up the night before, plus Chilly Will knew those guys from other tourneys, so our group was set. I think if they hadnt had time constraints then others might have been able to join. That being said, that was one of the best disc golf experiences I've ever had. Both Climo and Feldberg were super cool. And getting to play in a private group on one of the best courses in the country with 2 of the best players in the world on 4/20 was worth the reaming I got from my boss this morning for skipping work :mrgreen: I've played in groups with most of the top local Atlanta pros but, not taking anything away from all those guys, I can defintiely say that I saw Climo and Feldberg do some stuff that I didnt even think was possible. Just hearing 2 world champs discussing their various strategies on some of the different holes was awesome. I've played Flyboy more than almost anyone other than Kelly or Brad, and the champs were taking routes that I had never even considered to be viable, yet they were executing perfectly. If a (very rare) bad shot was made, it was usually followed by something spectacular. And I dont think I saw a single putt missed from inside 30 all day. There were so many shots where, if it were anyone else, you would think you were about to gain a stroke. You know, 50 footers through tiny gaps uphill or the occasional 80-90 footer in the wind. But these guys were straight up Cobra Kai sweep the leg no mercy ninja badasses. I kinda wished I would've asked for some pointers but I guess I'll save that for next time. Feldberg shoots 81, Climo 88, Jesse (sorry I forgot your last name) 92, me 94, and Chilly Will 97. Everyone was under par, and I even held the pad for the last few holes before losing 3 strokes to them on the last hole :( Still one of the best disc experiences ever. Thanks Kelly. You are the man
millayday
DX Plastic

Postby coreyml » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Sure it woulda been cool to be in a group w/ at least one of them, it was still cool for a measly ole rec rated player to putt around with both of them before the round. And seeing climo throw a roller from about 500' out and hit the basket on the runway hole - thats good stuff! This course is worth the drive! My 113 woulda def slowed yall down. It made us happy, watching yall on Lefty's revenge, throw worse drives than ours muahahaha.

Thanks Kelly for making this course and lettin us play
coreyml
DX Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Chris, thanx for the rundown on the action last Monday. I had to go Bonefishing in Turks and Caicos, but I'd rather been there golfing with you guys and the champs! Glad you guys were able to make it out on such short notice. Next time, I'll try to have something planned out. Kenny and Dave were both awesome house guests, and genuinely just good guys to hang out with. They're certainly welcome back any time!
Kelly
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:06 pm

Damn I am getting all hyped to get out there again soon. I may lose some sleep over it!!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Return to Flyboy Aviation - Private Course