Georgia's Super Six Series 6 PDGA C-Tier Events in 2008

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Georgia's Super Six Series 6 PDGA C-Tier Events in 2008

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:59 am

Yes right here.....lots of info to come....i'll put it in the next couple of posts

GEORGIA'S SUPER SIX SERIES FOR 2008

Here are the cities and dates:

Feb 16th Saturday--- Crucible course in Athens, GA (Series kick-off event)
March 29th Saturday---Deerlick Park - Douglasville, GA
May 10th Saturday --- McCurry Park - Fayetteville, GA
June 21st Saturday --- Lake Olmstead course - Augusta, GA
August 2nd Saturday --- Central Park - Cumming, GA (FCO3)
Finale at Lake Russell Sept 6-7th (Sat and Sunday) weekend after labor day Elberton, GA
(10th Annual Lake Russell Open)

Online signups are FREE! at http://www.discgolfseries.com (GEORGIA'S own signup service)

Players package for ALL PLAYERS, not just Am players, are $15 online vouchers that can be used at the online store which will be linked to the signup page, so you'll be able to choose ANYTHING YOU like from HUNDREDS of items available!

There are special deals for signing up for all 6 events at once or sponsoring all 6 events at once. (bonus voucher values)

The series will have 7 limited one of a kind Dusty Jones designed logos.
(1 series disc, and 6 individual event discs)

There will only be 100 series discs and a limited number of each event disc made, so if you would like one, get them when you sign up!

Sponsor tee signs can be purchased for each event for only 25 dollars - 11X17 laminated (only 16 available for each event) - sponsor all 6 events and receive a bonus online voucher of 30 dollars!

Sponsorships available:

Title Sponsor: $1000 (1 Available) SOLD!
Receives - Georgia's Super Six Series Presented by: (GSSS PLAYERS)
Logo on Front and Back cover of each of the 6 event programs
Banner placement at tournament central for each event
Tee sign at hole 1 for each event plus Series tee sign at each event
Series disc

Platinum Sponsor: $500 (1 Available) SOLD!
Tile & Marble Supply, Inc.
Receives - Course Sponsorship for each event
Full page program ad for each event
Series Tee Sign at each event
Series Disc

Gold Sponsor: $250 (5 Available) Sold out!
Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
Greg Campbell - http://www.PrimoPlastic.com
Wes Campbell - http://www.Discmandgs.com
Innova Champion Discs
Discraft

Receives -Banner placement at tournament central for each event

Silver Sponsor: $100 (10 Available) Sold Out!
Jay Phillips
ADGO
Stroh Family Disc Golf (San Diego, CA)
John Biscoe (Spotsylvania, VA)
Team Gold Bond
WATERLOOOOOOOO (Austin, TX)
Mark Muren (Piedmont, SC)
John Inman
Frisbee Cafe
Rockstar

Receives -1/2 page program ad for each event

Keith
Last edited by keith johnson on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

it's here!!!

Postby keith johnson » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:43 am

WELCOME TO GEORGIA'S SUPER SIX SERIES and ENJOY!

SERIES INORMATION:

Georgia's Super Six Series first year will be the beginning of what I hope will be a series that will expand to 10 events for next year and beyond, as more courses open in the state that are currently being planned and/or worked on.

All events will be PDGA sanctioned C-Tier events, limited to 72 players, FIRST COME - FIRST IN (REGARDLESS OF DIVISION) and will have the same divisions available at each event, the same cost for each event (bonus voucher dollars for signing up for all 6 at one time) and the same GREAT PAYOUTS FOR ALL PLAYERS! that i have always done - 50% of each division paid back and 100% of the womens division paid back.

ALL Sponsorship monies towards each event will be divided for each division by the percentage of players in each division - the more players in the division - the bigger the piece of sponsorship "payout pie". (GSSS trademarked)

Play in any 3 of the first 5 events to Qualify for the Series Bonus or Points Payouts, at the Series Finale.

You will receive 1 point for each event you attend and 1 point for each person you beat or tie in your division.

If you play in more than 1 division due to a lack of entrants in your main division, you will still qualify for the series bonus payouts as long as you have played at least 3 events.

Series bonus and points payouts will be kept by divisions.

The Series Bonus Payout will be split amongst ALL Qualifying Players in each division at the Series Finale, who will get a percentage of the Series bonus payout based on # of events played - 3/5ths for 3 events, 4/5ths for 4 events, and 100% if they played in all 5 events before the finale.
The more events you play in the more you can win!

There will also be payouts based on your Points Standings at the end of the Series in each division - YOU MUST PLAY at least 3 events to Qualify for POINTS award payout.

$5 per person per event will go towards series bonus and points payout
(WHICH STAYS IN DIVISIONS!).

Added monies for the Series bonus and points payouts will be divided EQUALLY by percentage of players in each division - the more players in the division - the bigger the piece of "payout pie". (GSSS trademarked)

With the new division changes for 2008 and the advantage of amateurs being able to play in the pro divisions and accept merchandise instead of cash and still retain their amateur status,
The ONLY divisions being offered are:

Pro Open - Men
Pro Open - Women (any women can receive merchandise instead of cash if they wish to retain amateur status)
Pro Masters - Men (MUST have at least 4 players to have this division)
Pro Grandmaster Men (MUST have at least 4 players to have this division)
Advanced Men (any player rated 935+)
Intermediate Men (rated 900-934) (old Advanced Division)
Advanced Masters Men (MUST have at least 4 players to have this division)
Recreational Men & Women (rated under - 899) (old Intermediate Division)
If there are 35 total pros (men, women, masters, and grandmasters) at any event, I will add $500 more in cash to the pro purse than the normal percentage that will be added to each event.

Entry Fees are as follows:
MEN'S Pro Divisions - $55
Women's Pro Division - $45
Advanced / Advanced Master MEN - $45
Intermediate MEN - $40 (old Advanced Division)
Recreational Men & Women - $25 (old Intermediate Division)

ONLINE SIGNUP will be available SOON!

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Keith

More later as it happens.................
Last edited by keith johnson on Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:47 am

6 weeks, six......, the gsss.......coming here.......

it has nothing to do with jay phillips :lol:

almost ready........

keith
keith johnson

it's almost time!

Postby keith johnson » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:59 pm

this weekend will see most everything finalized for the gsss, and my 6 months of planning(there's that 6 again :lol: ) will finally be put out there to the public....

i hope that you all will enjoy what is ultimately done for YOUR best interests in the sport we ALL love to play!!

keith
keith johnson

Postby Wookie » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:49 pm

Can I be the first to ask "What does GSSS stand for?"
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:58 am

patience.........

i need to hear back from 2 people and it should be all good to go!!!!

by the way, all of the acronyms posted suck....and woody's is wrong(even with a smiley) in that i would be the one td you could count on to NOT do that to players.......but i do enjoy the humorous attempts.....

keith
keith johnson

Postby Can't Hit Open Putts » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:39 pm

I'm guessing a Georgia Series of tournaments? 6 of them to be exact, and Keith is going to TD them all!
Can't Hit Open Putts
Champion Plastic

Postby kat.disc.golf.her » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:22 pm

A serious of tournaments for Ga would be freaking sweet!! I just hope more than one chick signs up!!

Sorry I have been M.I.A. on the board. I know you all missed me. (Work has been super busy! )
MEOW!!
kat.disc.golf.her
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:51 am

obviously the board did NOT get changed, or if it did NOTHING is different :roll:

introducing the GEORGIA SUPER SIX SERIES!!!!
PRESENTED BY.................the name is coming very soon(really!!)

six pdga sanctioned c-tier events around the state six weeks apart, starting with THE CRUCIBLE (yes THE CRUCIBLE course) feb 16th,2008 and culminating with everyone's favorite vacation destination....lake russel for the 2 day series finale in sept on the traditional after labor day weekend(only 5 weeks later but wanted to keep regular dates for the 10th annual Lake Russell Open!!)

the first 5 will be one day events with 4 of the 6 courses set, and 2 more that have options depending on availabilities......

this WILL BE a series like no other in georgia and anyone who knows my events knows that ALLof the players will NOT be let down!!!!!

more news later on sponsorships, entries and other details when i know the board will be not spastic and i have to type all of this over again :shock:

the best is yet to come!!!

keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:56 am

by the way.......

chop wins a prize for being the closest :D ........woody gets a smack for being the furthest away :shock: , and chuck needs to start his own watch right here thread :lol:

keith
keith johnson

H

Postby $Dollar$ » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:06 pm

HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :D :D :lol:
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Hooray!

Postby Vern » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:41 pm

Freakin' WOO-HOO! Thanks Keith for keeping the traditonal LR weekend date in Sept.

Perhaps you can do a buy 5 and get 1 free in regards to the registration fee's?????
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:14 pm

i appreciate everyone that has responded enthusiasm towards this idea.....as i said after last years and this years fco events, things were gonna get bigger and better....i have kept my word and will make this a series to not be missed......

i do have all of the stuff laid out on word docs and excel spreadsheets but i want to make sure the board change is going to be ok before i go whole hog in details here.......

there are specials set for series sponsorships and series sign ups and discs, as well as each event will have it own sponsorship and discs......

if all goes even close to plan, i will tell everyone this.......i am shooting for adding $1000 minimum to each event, and $5000 minimum (yes FIVE THOUSAND) to the series finale, NOT counting series bonus dollars

more in the coming weeks and all of this will hopefully be ready to roll out by the end of this month.....i just had to make sure of the dates from the state coordinator so everything would fall into place without interefering with south carolina also.....

and wait for doug to get approval from the fine athens folks to be able to kick it off at georgia's favorite non permanent course!!!!

trust me when i tell you that i will NOT let anyone down!!!!

(except woody, when i let him know he's banned from the series :shock: :lol: )

more news will be coming, and i thank everyone in advance for their support and patronage!!!

keith
keith johnson

series dates in 2008!!

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:46 pm

the dates for georgia's super six series are feb 16th --- crucible course in athens (series kick-off event)
march 29th saturday---
may 10th saturday ---
june 21st saturday ---
august 2nd saturday --- central (fco3)
finale at lake russell sept 6-7th (sat and sunday) weekend after labor day
(10th annual lake russell open)

other 3 dates have at least 2 options in place for venues and i'll be working out the details as we move forward.....the dates WILL NOT CHANGE and keep checking the calendar for rest of courses as they get finalized and set!!

mark them on YOUR calendar so you don't miss out!!
keith johnson

gsss update!

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:05 pm

all the info on the series will be posted next week sometime with a go live date to start taking info of sometime in october at the latest......

this will be huge and i thank everyone who has offered support and who looks forward to playing the georgia super six series events as the players are the ones who will enjoy all the benefits.....

keith
Last edited by keith johnson on Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:54 am

all relevant information about the series will be posted this weekend......

thanks for your patience!!

caveat:
as long as i have phone service(unlike 2 weeks ago when a neighbors tree wiped out my phone for 5 days :shock: )
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:42 am

cities - dates - sponsorship information in first post

series information will be in second post.....

keith
keith johnson

Q&A post

Postby keith johnson » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:06 am

if anyone has any questions that aren't answered in the first 2 posts please ask them and i'll be HAPPY to try to answer them for you!

keith
keith johnson

schedule

Postby solstice_disc_sports » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:24 pm

keith johnson wrote:....i'm actually trying to NOT step on others toes, areas, and ideas.....which is why i used the pdga schedule to find dates that didn't conflict with other sanctioned events in georgia, sc and tennessee.....
i wish you well with your series, and solstice well with his series and i hope that disc golfers in the state are the ones who benefit from more opportunities to play events in the state
keith

If you don't want to step on toes- why schedule a one day C-Tier on a Saturday when Birmingham is going to have a solid B, if not an A Tier on June 21-22nd?
ChrisP. - PDGA 24826 - ADGO 181
www.eatsleepdisc.com
solstice_disc_sports
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:53 pm

sorry chris, but i had posted the dates before, and i'm looking mainly at georgia(hence the georgia super six series) and it keeps each event 6 weeks apart which was something else i posted........

i have had this planned for the last 6 months but needed to wait til the elections were over to give john nisewonder the dates for the series...

you were at the fco 2 on august 11th when i mentioned that i would doing something big for 2008....

as i said in the other thread with dates for '08, i wished both you and mr-disc both well with your series events and i look forward to everyone playing as much disc golf golf as possible and i also mentioned that since people only needed to play 3 of the first 5 events to qualify for the series bonuses, that if people played other events that they could without affecting their series play........

i think i've done EVERYTHING possible to be fair top players in GEORGIA, as well as for players in the area that play other states events......

i hope to see you at some of them and i look forward to seeing you this weekend at roswell

keith

keith
keith johnson

Postby solstice_disc_sports » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:57 pm

Thanks for the best wishes and I do plan on attending several GSS events!
I was just thinking that since these events aren't even sanctioned yet and the event in question is over eight months away we could work with moving the schedule around. I think Solstice Disc Sports having a B-Tier on the "Summer Solstice" is a little more important for the date than having a GSS event out of sequence at 5 or 7 weeks instead of six weeks apart..but that's just my opinion.
ChrisP. - PDGA 24826 - ADGO 181
www.eatsleepdisc.com
solstice_disc_sports
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:42 pm

i respect your opinion chris, but the dates for the series are set, and people can play your event that day with my blessing.....is that ok for you? :lol: :lol:

the series has LOTS of things set for reasons that i've explained ad nauseum, so i won't keep going over stuff...

i'm sorry for the conflict, but the beauty of it is that people can choose to play whichever event and there are probably only a handful of people that ACTUALLY will have to choose which one they wish to play

this happens constantly with events every year and we have all survived so far, so i'm hoping everyone does in '08 :lol:

keith
keith johnson

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:44 pm

online signups will be FREE!!!! at discgolfseries.com (GEORGIA'S own signup service) when we go live soon

Nice!

Will this sign-up be free for all local TD's as well to promote local georgia tournaments when it goes on line?
Last edited by Jay on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay

....and on the eighth day, God created the U.S. Marines!
Jay
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:53 pm

Jay wrote:
online signups will be FREE!!!! at discgolfseries.com (GEORGIA'S own signup service) when we go live soon

Nice!

Will this sign-up be free for all local TD's as well to promote local georgia tournaments when it goes on line?

it is customizable to whatever the td wants to do with it.... i am not charging any players in the super six series a signup fee

I AM ALSO NOT charging a fee to any td who wants to use the service

thanks for asking!

keith
keith johnson

Re: Georgia's Super Six Series 6 PDGA C-Tier Events in 2008

Postby richardhead » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:57 pm

keith johnson wrote:online signups will be FREE!!!! at discgolfseries.com (GEORGIA'S own signup service) when we go live soonkeith

Great, now maybe the "secret faction" can quit taking money away from the locals. By "locals" I mean the people that bust there butt to provide services for Td's and players alike. I guess the appeal of a "one stop shop" is to much to pass up. Hopefully somone gets a chance to read this before the "faction leader" deletes it. It's amazing that I've cleaned up my posts yet they still disappear???
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

rebuttal to jay

Postby keith johnson » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:35 pm

first to jay phillips....

i expect you to come back on here and apologize for being wrong.... i will be doing the same thing as soltice(except i'll be using the local vendors who have supported disc golf in this state for years)
and going a couple of steps better by offering online players pack vouchers, and bonus vouchers for signing up for sponsoring all 6 events, as well as other things i don't wish to post so they don't get used as someone else's ideas....i am NOT reinventing the wheel, just taking the best of a bunch of different things and putting them together, for the series... which i have been talking about doing for over a year now, since before fco 1 in august of '06......it just happens that the timing of solstice hooking up with imran last year for the ao makes it look like i'm copying his ideas.....online signups have been going on all over the country for years before solstice and the gsss series and will continue improving everywhere around the country as technology improves.....

i for one am looking forward to it!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:43 pm

now for ACTUAL TOURNAMENT NEWS!!!

the logo for the series disc by DUSTY JONES!! is almost ready!!
(maybe even finished as i write this)..... there will be only 100 SERIES DISCS made and only 95 available for sale.......so if anyone would like to PRE-ORDER a series disc, please let me know.....all profits from the sales of these discs will GO TOWARD PAYOUTS AND BONUSES for ALL PLAYER DIVISIONS!!!

next will be the individual discs for each event in the series (only 25 each of those) and they will be on the newest, hottest disc at the time they are run....they could be on six different types of discs so you can collect all 7 and have a complete bag of discs to throw for the 2008 series! :lol:

the website, message board and online signup for the gsss will also be up and running soon(should be by the end of october) which will contain all the latest info, links to signup,and the live inventory store to use your vouchers at, and a message board specifically about the series......

more info soon!
keith johnson

Postby Shoe » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:18 pm

I don't know what all the fuss is about, I for one think we should all thank Keith for the hard work he has done to put something like this together. I know I could'nt have done it. So thanks Keith I can't wait to play in the GSSS.
Ka like the wind
Shoe
DX Plastic

f

Postby $Dollar$ » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:44 pm

thank you keith for everything you do!

its hard to believe that there are people (or maybe just a person) that would think that the GSSS is a bad thing.

at what point did we start bitching just to bitch?? maybe always, but now to be attacked for trying to make Ga disc golf better?

C'mon Chuck, for a guy who claims to be attacked for helping GA disc golf, how do you feel being the A hole attacking someone's work?

no need to answer, you probably just feel normal
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

GGMS!!

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:51 pm

Keep up the great work Keith. It's tough being at the top :)

Yes, Keith is a ball of fire at times and he is producing results.....that is Keith.......like him, love him, or leave him :)

We ALL have our issues, but one thing I see in common is that most of us all try to make things better for disc golf and not ourselves.......the individual, as some seem to think that.

GSSS is for the disc golfers....period. It sure isn't for Keith. A series of 6 tourneys run by Keith (thanks by the way) which should bring in not only the local competition, but out of towners as well. WHO Keith chooses to do his pay out is HIS choice as TD, as well as all TD's have their choice.

If you want to play a tourney play it, if you don't, don't. If you have something better then the other person, bring it....just stop the craziness, please and enjoy this game!
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Postby Imran » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:37 pm

Keep up the great work Keith. It's tough being at the top

Yes, Keith is a ball of fire at times and he is producing results.....that is Keith.......like him, love him, or leave him

We ALL have our issues, but one thing I see in common is that most of us all try to make things better for disc golf and not ourselves.......the individual, as some seem to think that.

GSSS is for the disc golfers....period. It sure isn't for Keith. A series of 6 tourneys run by Keith (thanks by the way) which should bring in not only the local competition, but out of towners as well. WHO Keith chooses to do his pay out is HIS choice as TD, as well as all TD's have their choice.

If you want to play a tourney play it, if you don't, don't. If you have something better then the other person, bring it....just stop the craziness, please and enjoy this game!

Word... That pretty much sums it up.
damn..., that is one fine piece of plastic.
Imran

"GEORGIA'S TEAM" PLAYERS ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby keith johnson » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:23 pm

LATEST NEWS!!!!!!!

I would like to welcome everyone to meet GEORGIA'S TEAM (GSSS trademarked) players:

Matt Dollar PDGA # 26045
a good-natured fun guy to be around with some pretty good skills :lol:

Quinton Mayben PDGA # 23126
an up and coming younger player who is good now, and only will get better with time

Jonathan Pierce PDGA # 19111
a talented player who shot lights out at the usdgc monday qualifier last week and was only a few strokes away from cashing at the USA'S most prestigious disc golf event!

these golfers will represent at the GSSS events as well as other events in the surrounding states that their schedules allow as GEORGIA'S TEAM.

they are looking forward to being a integral part of the Georgia Series in the coming years as well as at other events!

i am proud to have them be on GEORGIA'S TEAM!!

keith
Last edited by keith johnson on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
keith johnson

yea

Postby $Dollar$ » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:54 pm

YEA!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Am Spot

Postby Mike D » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:27 am

Georgia' Team??

Sounds kinda cool, but....

Isn't it more like the Atlanta Area team or are all Georgia players considered for a spot?

If you are on the team, are you "sponsored" like team Innova or something to that effect?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Later,

Mike D
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:41 am

no it is open to ALL georgia pdga members to be considered...... after all it is the GSSS, which has stops in '08 everywhere around the state, but atlanta....

the main considerations are to be a pdga member, someone who plays several pdga sanctioned events, and to live in the state....

yes it is very similar to being sponsored by the manufacturer's teams, as i have seen their ideas for several years, and again, while not trying to reinvent the wheeel with everything i do, i take the best things out of plans that work and make them fit what i am trying to do with disc golf

i wasn't planning on getting into the am side of things until after i spoke with the team this weekend in athens, but was playfully responding to vern, who is the type of person who i would consider....

he's fun loving, but also plays alot of events and has a decent sense of humor(most times)....

i'm not locked into anyone type of player in particular, and i'm just 1 vote in 4 at this point......more will come about and i will post any "qualifications" to be considered after talking to the TEAM this weekend
keith johnson

Postby grease » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:01 pm

Only 432 spots left! Get those entries in!
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby keith johnson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:27 pm

grease wrote:Only 432 spots left! Get those entries in!

no greg........only 408 spots so far until we add the sponsored am player, then 402 :lol:

who will be in the first 10 to sign up for all 6 events when we go live???
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:23 pm

keith johnson wrote:
grease wrote:Only 432 spots left! Get those entries in!

no greg........only 408 spots so far until we add the sponsored am player, then 402 :lol:

who will be in the first 10 to sign up for all 6 events when we go live???

only 402 spots left!!

first paid player is in!
keith johnson

I have an idea.

Postby Moose » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:55 pm

I can offer 4k worth of Rockstar, tent, cooler, signage and be the pro master rep because.................that fat guy can PUTT
"Though no one can go back in time and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
Moose
DX Plastic

I must say

Postby Moose » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:25 pm

Playing with Keith is sometimes stressfull but most of the time pushes me to be my best. As far as what he does for disc golf, He amazes me. If he makes any money at all in the GSSS then it would be equivalent to about 4 cents and hour.

I am tired of cringing everytime I read one of MR. Discs posts. When speeling is inkorect it grats my nurves so mech that i getz a hed ake. if you don't fund spell cheker quik I might have to kil you meself. What publick skool did you go to so i can call thier congreswomen and komplain. Hope i ddnt hurt myu chances at sponsurship with this tireaid.

When I am old and gray I will think of Chuck Smith with the likes of Milly Vanilly, Michael Jackson, Barry bonds and that pastor in childhood that did bad things to jay and timmy.
"Though no one can go back in time and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
Moose
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:58 pm

Welcome,

Following is the link for series information!

http://www.discgolfseries.com/drupal-5.2/node/3

Please follow the Quick Links in the first post for all your answers about the series.

Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated.

You can now signup for any or all of the events through the above link, and questions will be answered here:

http://discgolfseries.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:16 pm

You can now signup for any or all events and the disc golf series voucher redemption system will be activated shortly.

You may use the vouchers individually to purchase merchandise or combine them to use at anytime during the series.
keith johnson

Postby Wookie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:23 pm

I like the artwork, is that what will be on the discs?

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:26 pm

WHO WILL BE THE FIRST PERSON to signup for all the events??

WHO WILL BE THE FIRST PERSON to buy the entire set of discs??

WHO WILL BE THE FIRST PERSON to sponsor all 6 events??

WHO WILL BE THE FIRST PERSON to post on the discgolfseries tournament thread at the discgolfseries message board??

WHO WILL BE THE PLATINUM SPONSOR??

WHO WILL BE THE FIRST GOLD SPONSOR??

WHO WILL BE THE FIRST SILVER SPONSOR??

WHO WILL BE THE TITLE SPONSOR??

MORE LATER at www.discgolfseries.com!!!!
keith johnson

Cool

Postby Carl Wms » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:00 pm

Great source of info on one page.
I guess I need to try to make a minimum of three events.
I've never played Lake Olmstead and look forward to that.
Thx Keith
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Nice

Postby Laserman » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:22 am

Wow Keith, you have done an incredible amount of work and given us the things players have been asking for. Great job. I love keeping the cash within the divisions for payout. The PDGA needs to adopt this concept!

Now that my elbow seems better I hope to play as many of the 6 as possible. I don't care what I say about you - you're OK!
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS NO MATCH FOR NATURAL STUPIDITY
Laserman
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:03 am

i SINCERELY appreciate that paul!...

i have always strived to follow thru on what promises are made to the players of the sport, it helps everyone in the long run as the sport grows in more and more areas, and more people learn about the game

i'm glad you are healing and looking to play more......i look forward to seeing you on the course

keith
keith johnson

Re: Cool

Postby keith johnson » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:06 am

Carl Wms wrote:Great source of info on one page.
I guess I need to try to make a minimum of three events.
I've never played Lake Olmstead and look forward to that.
Thx Keith

thanks for the kind words carl!!

look forward to seeing you on the course

keith
keith johnson

Postby Randgolf » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:09 am

Fantastic job Keith. A lot of time has already gone into this and it is just kicking off. Well done.
Randgolf

Postby keith johnson » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:05 pm

Wookie wrote:I like the artwork, is that what will be on the discs?

Welcome,

Following is the link for series information!

http://www.discgolfseries.com

Please follow the Quick Links in the first post for all your answers about the series.

It only took 25 minutes to not follow along.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The answer is you seek is here:
http://discgolfseries.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7#7 :shock:
Last edited by keith johnson on Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keith johnson

Postby Vern » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:40 pm

Sweet !!! Excellent job sir 8)
The Hula Hoop became so ubiquitous that the former Soviet Union banned the toy as a symbol of the "emptiness of American culture."
Vern
Champion Plastic

GA Series

Postby Imran » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:16 am

GOOD LORD!!!….
Those disc stamps are sweeeeeeeet!!!
The series website is sweeeeeeet!!!
The courses are sweeeeeet!!!

I agree, I don’t care what P-Nut says about you, you’re alllllright! :D
I can tell, this series will be HOT and nothing like we have ever seen before!

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication Keith!
Count me in to play at least 3 of the 6 and to sponsor at least one if not three.
I’ll call you about the sponsorships. I’m a little confused still.

I have never played or sponsored a series before, so this is all new to me.

Keep up the outstanding work!
damn..., that is one fine piece of plastic.
Imran

Postby keith johnson » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:28 am

Thanks for the kind words Imran and Vern.

Dusty has outdone himself with the awesome logo designs and with the varying types of discs they will be on there should be at least one that everyone will like!

Keep checking the www.discgolfseries.com website for all the latest.
keith johnson

Postby Jay » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:30 pm

You da man Keith. Everything looks awesome! Thanks for ALL THE HARD WORK!!!!!
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Discs

Postby cmueller » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:31 pm

Is it possible to get the set of 7 discs without registering for a tournament? (I'll need to talk to Cathy about this, but I might be interested in getting the full set of discs.)

Carl M.
cmueller
DX Plastic

Postby grease » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:36 pm

You can buy all of the series discs by going through the site as if you were signing up for the events without actually doing so. There is an option uder "series discs" to buy all 7 for $175.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Re: Discs

Postby Carl Wms » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:13 pm

cmueller wrote:Is it possible to get the set of 7 discs without registering for a tournament? (I'll need to talk to Cathy about this, but I might be interested in getting the full set of discs.)

Carl M.

Mueller, you are going to have to start buying carbon credits to offset
your petroleum disc obsession.
:D
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:35 pm

grease wrote:You can buy all of the series discs by going through the site as if you were signing up for the events without actually doing so. There is an option under "series discs" to buy all 7 for $175.

As Greg correctly points out, you can buy discs, (or any of the types of sponsorships), without signing up for any of the events, by just clicking on the Online series registration: www.discgolfsignup.com link and then on the GSSS - Discs and Sponsorship link.
You can actually do it from any of the event links for discs, but for sponsorships for the entire series, it is easier from the Discs and Sponsorship link.

Also one thing Greg failed to mention was that you also get bonus online vouchers for complete series sponsorships(discs or other) of $30!

That should help you feel a little better about your carbon footprint :lol:

Keith
Last edited by keith johnson on Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:06 pm

Sponsorship Disc models from both manufacturers will be available soon for your Holiday shopping pleasure! :D

Series discs will be available in 4 models (2 Innova, 2 Discraft)

Individual event discs will be available in at least 3 different models, with at least 1 being the newest Innova release!

More soon!
keith johnson

Postby noputtinsavage » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:04 pm

Keith,

Is there any chance that you could work this series into the Georgia USDGC spot?

I look forward to making these events.

Please pray for some rain people??????????????????????????????????
I've been throwing these plastic things for way to long!
noputtinsavage
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:17 pm

PLEASE LOOK at the first 2 posts on this thread for all the latest updated info as the PDGA Divisional names have changed again!

As always the latest information on the GSSS can also always be found at www.discgolfseries.com in the tournament thread.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:41 pm

New Info can be found at the Message Board at www.discgolfseries.com

Click on the Tournament Forum, then on Georgia's Super Six Series thread.

Can you say BASKET?

I will also have LOTS of discs BEFORE the holiday season, for your gift giving pleasure. Just don't forget to buy some for yourself also!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:30 pm

The PDGA has approved the sanctioning of all 6 events for the GSSS and they are now listed on the PDGA Tour page, with players entered also listed.

Let's see when the first event is SOLD OUT!

Extra $200 to the overall payout if sold out by Jan 15th!

Crucible, Feb 16th, 2008

Don't get left out!

As always you can get all the latest info at www.discgolfseries.com

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:39 am

First person to sign up for all 6 events is.....
First person to purchase the set of discs is........

Answers are on the www.discgolfseries.com message board on the tournament thread.

Who will be the first "local" player to do signup or buy the set? :shock:

Holiday seasons are here and you can pre-order the GSSS discs before they are sold out at www.discgolfseries.com, and then scroll down to the GSSS logo and click on the blue GSSS link, then the discs and sponsorship Quick Linktm.

To signup for any or all of the events, click on the Online series registration link.

Thanks again to all who have signed up so far and remember there are only 72 spots TOTAL for each event.

Don't get left out!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:41 am

Super color Mini's(with series logo) are in and there is only 60 left (35 sold on Sunday at "the P"

They also make great GSSS calendars, as they have the dates and locations on them!

Prices are:
1 - $4
2 - $6
3 - $8
4 - $10

They make great Stocking stuffers and holiday gifts for that disc golfer in the family.

Also please remember to signup for the events at www.discgolfseries.com

The store is now active to use your player package vouchers at, with several hundred items available to choose from, so come check it out!

First event has less than 65 spots left and we are 2 months away.
Don't get left out!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:50 pm

keith johnson wrote:Super color Mini's(with series logo) are in and there is only 60 left (35 sold on Sunday at "the P")

DOWN TO 40 LEFT!

They also make great GSSS calendars, as they have the dates and locations on them!

Prices are:
1 - $4
2 - $6
3 - $8
4 - $10

They make great Stocking stuffers and holiday gifts for that disc golfer in the family.

Also please remember to signup for the events at www.discgolfseries.com

The store is now active to use your player package vouchers at, with several hundred items available to choose from, so come check it out!

First event has less than 65 spots left and we are 2 months away.
Don't get left out!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:50 pm

The Super Color Discs are in except for Event # 3 and #6 which will be made in the second week of January.
Again Dusty has done an outstanding job with his designs and these discs will not last long.

There is a special offer on these discs that is posted on the message board at www.discgolfseries.com

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Vern » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:52 pm

Got me some mini's today - they are SWEET!!!!
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby lefty171 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:27 pm

hey, how and where can I order the gsss minis?
lefty171
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:33 am

Vern wrote:I PM'd Keith and told him how many I wanted. I then sent him a check and covered the postage. He had a bunch of them, probably still has quite a few, and I am sure he would sell them to anybody. Get some - they are cool. I am sure he will be at a course in your area that you could also meet him and buy a handful.

ET- I am going to hold on to mine and then sell them for $100.00 a piece after Keith sells all of the ones he has. I will even have one the GA Team members sign it for you but then I have to give them the standard $25.00 Pro Disc Golfer autograph fee.

Vern is correct as always. PM me and I'll get you the address to send the check. I did not put them on the store as I knew they would go fast, and I didn't want to put them up for only a few days.

There are for sale to anyone (only 35 are left out of 100)
James and ET could have picked some up from Lorelei at "theP" on the 9th
when I first got them :lol:
Prices to send 4 mini's or less is $3, over 4 mini's is $5.

Buy them while you can!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:23 pm

Only 59 spots are left for event #1 in 2 months!

Over 1/2 of the players signed up are Pro players. :shock:

Don't be left out!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Vern » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:20 pm

Is there just one course set up for the Crucible? Or maybe a Pro Setup or Am Setup. I have never played there so I don't know what the course is like in regards to distance / difficulty.
Vern
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:35 pm

There is one course setup, but I will use the 2 back tees(out of the 3 tees)
for the event.
If you check out the Crucible in Dec. thread, it mentions the tee differences.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:24 pm

I hope everyone had a GREAT holiday season and Happy New Year, and now we are less than 6 weeks away from the 1st of the GSSS 6 great events.

I'm hoping that everyone that wishes to play on Feb. 16th at the Crucible course signs up now so they don't get shut out!

Online signup is preferred and ENCOURAGED (it's FREE!!!), but for those of you out there that still like to mail checks or money orders, you may do so until Feb. 10th (if not sold out before then).
Send check made out to Keith Johnson and mail to:
Keith Johnson
445 Julie Anne Way
Woodstock, GA 30188-3164

You may also pay me at any of the doubles or events you see me at as I'll have flyers available with me also until Feb. 10th (if not sold out before then).

Of course the easiest way to make sure you don't miss out on any events are to sign up for all 6 and get $30 in bonus vouchers on top of the $90 in player package vouchers you'll get!

Event discs are still available for all events as well as the series disc, and being the nice guy I am, I'm extending the FREE shipping on all discs purchased through the end of January!
Just go to www.discgolfseries.com and click on the discs and sponsorship Quick Link tm under the GSSS logo.

I'll have Title sponsor information in the next couple of weeks!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:24 pm

OK,
I know you all thought I was dead because I haven't posted on this thread in 3 weeks, BUT I was waiting and hoping for good news about the title sponsor.
There was 1 option going for about the last 2 months and 1 that came about at the beginning of the year, but the higher corporate levels shot down both local level people who had thought it should be a no-brainer.
Thanks to the 2 individuals for all their hard work in trying to accomplish getting the sponsors.

So that leaves the title sponsor as YOU THE PLAYERS!

I have 75 Champion Destoyers and 25 Pro Destroyers that will be sold to cover the Title Sponsorship.
The Pro destoyers are all white with a 1/2" high lettered logo located at
2 o'clock in the top third of the disc for a unique stamp.
The Champion ones will be in all different colors with the same logo and location.

The Champion discs will sell for $25 and the Pro for $15 with a special deal of getting 1 of each disc for $35.

There are still Supercolor Series and individual event discs available also!
Free shipping on those until the end of January.(buy them at www.discgolfseries.com)

Please PM me or call me at 1-305-720-8422 if you wish to get any of the Destroyers, as they will be first come-first served until they sell out.

ALL PROFITS will go towards the Title Sponsorship so please help out to make the SERIES as great as it can be.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:56 pm

Already 3 "title sponsor" package sets sold, only 22 sets left!
Last edited by keith johnson on Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:02 pm

Tournament Sponsors updated in top post!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:20 am

24 days left to the first event of the GSSS and there are less than 40 spots available!

If you are thinking about playing and haven't signed up yet, PLEASE do so soon so you don't get LEFT OUT!
(my phrase Ritger :lol: )

Entries are taken first come-first served, no matter the division.

Let's kick the series off right with an early sellout, great payouts, good courses, good times, and I guarantee a great series for all who play.

There is one Platinum Sponsorship($500) and there are still a few Series T-Sign sponsorships($100) available, so if anyone has a business or knows of a business that would like to sponsor the series, I can assure you that they will get their monies worth of advertising throughout the year and covering ALL 6 events, in 6 different cities all around the state of Georgia.

There are only 20 sets of Destroyers left (info 3 posts up), please get those if you wish to have one.

More info as it happens,

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:04 pm

Less than 40 spots remain for the first of 6 events being held 6 weeks apart in 6 different cities in Georgia.

There are still a few Series sponsorship opportunities left for my friends around the country who would like to help.
The first 10 to reply will be assigned #'s and like last year I will have someone playing in the first event draw a # and that person will be the winner of the "prize disc".

This years "prize disc" that I will draw from the 10 Silver sponsors will be a set of 7 Series Supercolor discs and a Champion and Pro Destroyer with a unique small logo not in the center of the disc. Retail value of the "prize disc" is $180, plus you still receive all the benefits of a
Silver Sponsor: $100 (10 Available)
Receives -1/2 page program ad for each event (all six)
Series Tee Sign at each event (all six)

A savings of 75 dollars over individual teesign and program sponsorships.

Check out all the info on the series at www.discgolfseries.com and scroll down to the GSSS events logo.

I might even throw in my 2008 Champion kabuki Destroyer (only 32 made) if there is enough interest.
Anyone interested will be appreciated and thanked profusely on this thread and the tournament thread on the ADGO website.

Please PM me and GOOD LUCK!

Keith
Last edited by keith johnson on Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:43 am

18 sets left!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:30 am

Only 30 more player spots left for event #1!

Only 7 Series Tee Signs Left!

Pro field pretty weak so far, Pro's need to sign up or risk waiting for event #2.

I thought the PROS liked playing the Crucible more than AM players. :shock:

Pretty soon I'll be hearing that nobody knew about the event I've been promoting since last September.
I guess the 22 pros that played last August in the FCO 2 weren't happy with a 278% payout. :shock:

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:34 pm

UPDATED HERE and in top post!

Sponsorships available:

Title Sponsor: $1000 (1 Available) SOLD!
Receives - Georgia's Super Six Series Presented by: (GSSS PLAYERS)

Logo on Front and Back cover of each of the 6 event programs
Tee sign at hole 1 for each event plus Series tee sign at each event
Series disc

Platinum Sponsor: $500 (1 Available) SOLD!
Tile & Marble Supply, Inc.

Receives - Course Sponsorship for each event
Series Disc

Gold Sponsor: $250 (5 Available) Sold out!
Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
Greg Campbell - www.PrimoPlastic.com
Wes Campbell - www.Discmandgs.com
Innova Champion Discs
Discraft

Receives -Banner placement at tournament central for each event

Silver Sponsor: $100 (10 Available) 7 Left
Jay Phillips
ADGO
Stroh Family Disc Golf

Receives -1/2 page program ad for each event
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:56 pm

Posted Friday, January 25th:
keith johnson wrote:Only 30 more player spots left for event #1!

Pro field pretty weak so far, Pro's need to sign up or risk waiting for event #2.
I thought the PROS liked playing the Crucible more than AM players. :shock:
Pretty soon I'll be hearing that nobody knew about the event I've been promoting since last September.
I guess the 22 pros that played last August in the FCO 2 weren't happy with a 278% payout. :shock:
Keith

ONLY 20 spots left!

10 people signed up over the last 3 days, 20 since this post 4 days ago.
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:04 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Less than 40 spots remain for the first of 6 events being held 6 weeks apart in 6 different cities in Georgia.

and still no pros :shock:

Wes and Greg are loving it!

I saw several people at Central Sunday who said they were gonna get in also, with only one being a pro (Vach), so for all of super pros that are out there, I would get in now, as at this rate I'll be sold out by the time of the Perkerson Ice bowl on Feb. 10th!

7 Series Silver Sponsorships are still left.
Read 12 posts above, (Thanks ET for the wasting of 11 post spots :wink:)
for info on getting a chance to win at least 9 discs!, plus get all the Silver Sponsor amenties.

More news as it happens!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:23 am

SPECIAL THANKS TO JAY( I hate everyone except Keith, Greg and Ritger :lol: )PHILLIPS for the huge sponsorship from his family(Platinum) and from himself (Silver) for the GSSS!

Also a HUGE THANKS to Tom and Rick Greer for being the latest to sign up for all 6 events as well as buying Series discs!

Please buy the available discs to help cover the costs for having these events sanctioned by the PDGA, so that you all can:
1) Collect points for the 2009 Worlds in Kansas City.
2) Have your ratings calculated and tracked.
3) Know that all the events will be played following ALL PDGA rules.
4) And after the 1464 dollars for the PDGA Sanctioning, Insurance and per player fees are covered, lets you------
5) Reap the benefits of HUGE Series and Individual Event payouts that I look forward to bringing everyone!

Thanks to everyone involved so far and I'm looking forward to great things in 2008!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:55 am

SOLD OUT

There is NO WAITLIST!

Keith
Last edited by keith johnson on Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:57 am

SOLD OUT!!!

Posted 6 days ago and I nailed it on the head :shock:

6 calls today AFTER being sold out saying EXACTLY what I posted 6 days ago.

Fair warning that there are 5 MORE events to sign up for :lol:

At least the Pro field doubled in the last 4 days, hopefully tihs will be a wake up call. :wink:

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:30 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only 30 more player spots left for event #1!

I thought the PROS liked playing the Crucible more than AM players.

I guess the 22 pros that played last August in the FCO 2 weren't happy with a 278% payout.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Randgolf » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:08 am

One day they will learn...Act quick or watch from the sideline. PDGA events fill fast in the ATL. I will have the same conversations that Keith is having soon enough. The AO is filling up quick with a lot of out of towners. The Super Six Series has been promoted for a long time, so if you didn't get in GSSS1 don't play the victim role.
Randgolf

Postby keith johnson » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:45 am

Don't forget this also!

For the Georgia's Super Six Series there will be a chance to win a Chainstar Basket!
Brand new and still in the box!

At each event the basket will be set up for 1/2 hour before the players meeting, 1/2 half hour during lunch, and for 1/2 hour before the awards ceremony.

Each throw within a 10 foot circle from the basket will receive a ticket.

At each event's award ceremony, there will be 4 tickets drawn from the eligible tickets that will win an ESP disc. (You must be present to win.)

Those tickets will still be eligible to win the basket which will be given away at the Series Finale in Lake Russell (You do not need to be present to win.)

Price will be $1 per throw or 6 throws for $5. There is NO LIMIT to the tickets that can be won.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:28 am

The NEXT event is at Deerlick on March 29th ( 8 weeks from Feb. 4th ) and already has
only 53 spots left.

Events around the state (and country) are filling faster every year, so please don't get left out if you wish to play!

Thanks for your help in making things work out!

And just in case you are wondering (and I know you are :wink: )

There are only 60 spots left for Event #3 at Fayetteville

There are only 61 spots left for Event #4 at Augusta

There are only 59 spots left for Event #5 at Central Park

There are only 60 spots left for Event # 6 at Lake Russell

If there are any you for sure you don't want to miss, sign up now!

Keith
Last edited by keith johnson on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:40 am

Silver Sponsors updated in top post!

Only 3 Silver Sponsorships (which are for all of the entire Series 6 events) remain.

The deadline for being included and having your name in all 6 programs and a tee sign at all 6 events is Friday Feb 8th at 5PM, so I can get the stuff from the printers in time for the first event.

If you would like to be included in the drawing for the set of discs pasted here:
This years "prize disc" that I will draw from the 10 Silver sponsors will be a set of 7 Series Supercolor discs and a Champion and Pro Destroyer with a unique small logo not in the center of the disc. Retail value of the "prize disc" is $180, plus you still receive all the benefits of a
Silver Sponsor: $100 (10 Available)
A savings of 75 dollars over individual teesign and program sponsorships

This set will be given to one of the 10 silver sponsors, (Drawing at the Crucible on the 16th) please PM me, or give me a call by 5 PM this Friday.
Thanks for being a part of history in the making!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:17 pm

Updates in top post and above post.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:38 am

Thanks to John Inman for being the latest Silver Sponsor!
Only 2 Silver Sponsorships (which are for all of the entire Series 6 events) remain.

The deadline for being included and having your name in all 6 programs and a tee sign at all 6 events is Friday Feb 8th at 5PM, so I can get the stuff from the printers in time for the first event.

If you would like to be included in the drawing for the set of discs pasted here:
Silver Sponsor: $100 (2 left Available)
A savings of 75 dollars over individual teesign and program sponsorships
This set will be given to one of the 10 silver sponsors, (Drawing at the Crucible on the 16th) please PM me, or give me a call by 5 PM this Friday.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:40 am

Only 52 spots left for event #2 at Deerlick March 29th
keith johnson

Postby hyzerfool » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:02 pm

The day after the Super 6 tournament on the Crucible in Athens... that is, Sunday Feb 17... we will be playing...

Random Draw Doubles
Draw it up at Noon

We will have 2 divisions:

Long Tees, entry is $10/person.
Mid Tees, entry is free.

That is all. Come. Play. Happy-Happy.
hyzerfool
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:38 am

Only 49 spots left for event #2 at Deerlick March 29th

Also 1 less for the 3,4,5,and 6 events as Chris Senador signed up for all remaining!

Here is an enticing idea:
If Event #2 sells out before Event #1 takes place, I'll add $100 EXTRA to EACH DIVISION playing in Event #2

For Event 1 it took only 1 WEEK to sell the last 40 spots, could it happen again?
My thought is if it wasn't the same weekend as Bowling Green AM weekend, that there would be less than 15 spots left today, as at least 20+ people playing in Event #1 are signed up for Bowling Green.

So what that means is that since alot of AMS will be in Bowling Green, the 14 Pros that have called since Event #1 filled, wanting a waitlist or to get in, can help fill up event #2 and not get shut out!

Thanks for all the support!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:53 am

Only 45 spots left for event #2 at Deerlick March 29th

Don't Forget!
If Event #2 sells out before Event #1 takes place, I'll add $100 EXTRA to EACH DIVISION playing in Event #2

UPDATE:
Still none of the 14 PROS signed up that wanted to play in event #1 :shock:

Thanks for all the support!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:03 am

Thanks to Kevin McCoy, Courtney Peavey, and Rhyne - operators of
the FrizzBeeCafe @ the Foxx Den for being the latest Silver Sponsor!

Only 1 Silver Sponsorship (which are for all of the entire Series 6 events) remain.

keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:17 am

Thanks to Moose and ROCKSTAR for being the final Silver Sponsor

Thanks to everyone for their support to kick off the Series right!

One thing to let you all know is that there are Indvidual tee sign sponsorships for each event also available for $25, which gets you a laminated tee sign to have after the event as well as an added gift.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby thedeucebagPETE » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:47 pm

COME ONE COME ALL!!!

Random draw doubles at the Crucible this Friday before the GSSS #1!!
Athens, 2/15/08
2:45 sign-up.....3:00pm sharp tee off.

5 bucks gets you in on all the action!!!

At the moment everyone will play from the long tees, but if there are rec players or women who want in on the action from the mids, I say let em do it! We are supposed to charge everyone who enters on Friday a $2 fee (this goes to Sandy Creek Park, who is letting us open the course!!) We will probably have a bucket or box sitting out near Tourny HQ, so please throw in a few bucks so we can keep playing the Crucible!
That is all.
Pete McPherson
Pete
thedeucebagPETE
Barney

Postby Q Mayben » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:38 pm

When will the course be set up for play?
Gold Bond never leave home without it
Q Mayben
DX Plastic

Postby smokedetector » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:24 am

I will be out at 12:00 on Friday to open the course
smokedetector
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:47 am

New Information!

I'd like to thank our Platinum sponsor
Tile and Marble Supply for their generous offer for all disc golfers of 15% off any purchases from now thru December 15th, 2008.
There will be flyers at each event that describe the offer.

Look for their address and phone #'s on the banner near the Park entrance, in your program and on Hole 1 at every event. They are the proud course sponsor for each event.
3 convenient locations in Suwanee, Winder & Gainesville to help you with your needs.

Thanks again to everyone involved in making this the Best series in Georgia!

Keith
keith johnson

Start times

Postby mooky » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:31 pm

I could'nt find any times posted anywhere. When to sign in etc.
mooky
Barney

Postby Wookie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:03 pm

There is a thread about 5 down from this one that says "Crucible Times and Info..."

http://discgolfatlanta.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=686

8)

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby SuperScott » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:10 pm

Do I need to were a shirt with a collar?
"Regret Nothing"
Scott Beutjer #34566
SuperScott
DX Plastic

Postby grease » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Tuxedo please. Actually, the collared shirt dress code is recommended for higher tier events, but not required. I was going to wear my Fraggle Rock t-shirt.
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

GSSS1

Postby Davekenney » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:52 am

Great event... Awesome weather.. Beautiful Course... Thanks Keith and all the sponsors.. I had a great time...
Dave
Davekenney
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Tue May 13, 2008 8:45 am

24 spots left for Event #4 and 27 spots left for Event #5

I expect these will sell out in the next 2 weeks.

So far only 9 Open men are eligible for the bonus payout which right now has $255 in it!

You must play in 3 of the first 5 events to be eligible for the bonus at the end of the series.

Here is who are eligible for ALL divisions so far.
PDGA #/ First Name/ Last Name/ Division/ Qualified for bonus/ Events played in/ Points for bonus
26045 Matt Dollar mpo y 3 50
7584 Rand Eberhard mpo y 3 41
20793 Jason Makarovich mpo y 3 39
13007 Josh Childs mpo y 3 36
23126 Quinton Mayben mpo y 3 35
21545 Justin Drage mpo y 3 30
19111 Jonathan Pierce mpo y 3 25
13438 Tim Ellis mpo y 3 23
32660 Jonathan Matlack mpo y 3 14

28523 Dave Kenney mpm y 3 14

27284 Bob Johnson mm1 y 3 18
31526 Matt Flynn mm1 y 3 17
33411 Jon Plotky mm1 y 3 13
34485 John Inman mm1 y 3 3

14013 Brett Porter ma1 y 3 40
15001 Wes Campbell ma1 y 3 30
27576 David Douglas ma1 y 3 28
29036 Andrew Jenkins ma1 y 3 19
24474 David Walls ma1 y 3 16
35287 Joe Smith ma1 y 3 10

33499 Corey Fields ma2 y 3 25
30840 Joe Ferentz ma2 y 3 21
34442 Fast Eddie ma2 y 3 8

34566 Scott Beutjer ma3 y 3 29
31613 Joel Shimkus ma3 y 3 24
31575 Scott Crackel ma3 y 3 23

31614 Elizabeth Shimkus fw3 y 3 3
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:56 pm

Another interesting GSSS fact (I'm a numbers/stats guy as I'm sure most of you already have figured out)

In each of the 1st 4 events a different divison has had 23% or more of the entrants in a different division

#1 - Athens - 21 Adv - 29%
#2 - Deerlick - 20 Open - 28%
#3 - McCurry - 21 Rec. - 29%
#4 - Augusta - 17 OMB (subject to anyone NOT showing) - 23%

With 12 TOTAL spots remaining for Event #5
#5 - Central - 16 Rec - (subject to whatever divisions the remaining 12 spots sign up for, but 1 more Rec puts it over 23%) MA2 is 6 spots behind right now to make it 5 of 6 :shock:
#6 - Lake Russell - 20 Open - (subject to anyone NOT showing) 28%

Ok - there you are, and remember you NEVER know when knowing these numbers might win you something. 8)

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:42 pm

All events have SOLD OUT!

Points standings after 4 events for series bonus payouts:

PDGA #/ First Name/ Last Name/ Division/ Qualified for bonus/ Events played in/ Points for bonus
26045 Matt Dollar mpo y 4 60
13007 Josh Childs mpo y 4 46
9453 Kevin McCoy mpo y 3 41
7584 Rand Eberhard mpo y 3 41
20793 Jason Makarovich mpo y 3 39
23126 Quinton Mayben mpo y 3 35
21545 Justin Drage mpo y 3 30
13438 Tim Ellis mpo y 4 29
19111 Jonathan Pierce mpo y 3 25
32660 Jonathan Matlack mpo y 3 14

28523 Dave Kenney mpm y 3 14

27284 Bob Johnson mm1 y 4 29
11348 Paul Childs mm1 y 3 22
31526 Matt Flynn mm1 y 3 17
33411 Jon Plotky mm1 y 4 16
16324 Carl Williams mm1 y 3 11
34485 John Inman mm1 y 3 3

14013 Brett Porter ma1 y 4 50
15001 Wes Campbell ma1 y 4 43
33045 Bryan Chinn ma1 y 3 32
29036 Andrew Jenkins ma1 y 4 20
19361 David Lovegrove ma1 y 3 20
34519 Scott Leon-O'Day ma1 y 3 15

34699 Chris Senador ma2 y 3 27
33499 Corey Fields ma2 y 3 25
30840 Joe Ferentz ma2 y 4 23
33935 James Marshall ma2 y 3 13
34442 Fast Eddie ma2 y 4 11
34091 Robert Winzenreid ma2 y 3 5

34173 Benjamin Taylor ma3 y 3 36
31613 Joel Shimkus ma3 y 4 33
31575 Scott Crackel ma3 y 4 32
33080 Rick Greer ma3 y 3 30
33079 Tom Greer ma3 y 3 21
35766 Ty Bisbee ma3 y 3 11

31614 Elizabeth Shimkus fw3 y 4 4

Chris Senador and Benjamin Taylor both go from not being on the chart to #1 by playing in their third events!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:08 am

26045 Matt Dollar mpo y 5 77
13007 Josh Childs mpo y 5 60
9453 Kevin McCoy mpo y 4 58
7584 Rand Eberhard mpo y 4 57
20793 Jason Makarovich mpo y 4 49
23126 Quinton Mayben mpo y 4 48
13438 Tim Ellis mpo y 5 38
19111 Jonathan Pierce mpo y 4 38
21545 Justin Drage mpo y 4 33
32870 Adam Johnson mpo y 4 32
32660 Jonathan Matlack mpo y 4 21
34452 Wesley Burruss mpo y 3 10

28523 Dave Kenney mpm y 4 19
20940 Woodrow Blackwell mpm y 3 14
10444 Keith Johnson mpm y* 4 10.5
14365 Mel Shuman mpm y* 3 9.5

27284 Bob Johnson mm1 y 4 29
11348 Matt Flynn mm1 y 4 24
31526 Paul Childs mm1 y 3 22
33411 Jon Plotky mm1 y 5 21
16324 Carl Williams mm1 y 3 11
34485 John Inman mm1 y 4 5

14013 Brett Porter ma1 y 5 55
15001 Wes Campbell ma1 y 5 53
33045 Bryan Chinn ma1 y 4 39
29036 Andrew Jenkins ma1 y 5 21
19361 David Lovegrove ma1 y 3 20
34519 Scott Leon-O'Day ma1 y 3 15
26659 Hugh Torbit ma1 y 3 27

34699 Chris Senador ma2 y 4 36
33499 Corey Fields ma2 y 4 36
30840 Joe Ferentz ma2 y 5 35
34486 Chris Quarles ma2 y* 3 28.5
28128 Barry Arnson ma2 y* 3 19.5
34442 Fast Eddie ma2 y 5 13
33935 James Marshall ma2 y 3 13
34091 Robert Winzenreid ma2 y 3 5

34173 Benjamin Taylor ma3 y 4 52
33079 Tom Greer ma3 y 4 48
31613 Joel Shimkus ma3 y 5 46
31575 Scott Crackel ma3 y 5 44
33080 Rick Greer ma3 y 4 37
34998 Jaron Shaffer ma3 y* 3 34
35766 Ty Bisbee ma3 y 4 17

31614 Elizabeth Shimkus fw3 y 5 5

* = 1/2 point value in Event 4 or 5 for division being signed up for, but not offered due to lack of 4 players or moving up for ratings issues

Some interesting notes:
Battle for 2nd in Open with there only being a 3 point difference between 3 players
Flynn and Plotky stay within striking distance in Advanced Masters
Wes will win the Advanced as long as he beats 3 people as Brett (current leader) is not in the Event.
Battle for 1st in Intermediate with 1 point separating the top 3 spots
Ben Taylor and Tom Greer only 4 points apart in Recreational
Pro Masters and Rec women are over as it stands now
Pro Women had NO qualifiers. :(

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Big Red » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:42 am

This is not meant to be critical in any way it’s just a question; why one day C tiers for the Super Six Series? There seems to be more one day C tiers out there now than anything else?
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Jay » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:45 am

One day C-Tiers Rock!

....unless it's Lake Russell, then it REALLY ROCKS :)
Jay

Jay
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:56 am

Big Red wrote:This is not meant to be critical in any way it’s just a question; why one day C tiers for the Super Six Series? There seems to be more one day C tiers out there now than anything else?

Not taking it as criticism, but here are some of MY reasons:

1) Not living near any of the courses except Central means Hotel costs, and late night returns with work and school early Monday if 2 days.
2) Most players seem to PREFER 1 day events so they can do other things.
3) The Series Finale is a 2 day Event at Lake Russell which is like a family mini-vacation, where there are things to do for Dawn and Lorelei (and others spouses and children) while the Event is going on - where at the other parks there isn't much else to do unless you are playing golf.
4) Having 1 day to spend with the family doing non-disc things allows me to still have a family.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Big Red » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:33 pm

keith johnson wrote:
Big Red wrote:This is not meant to be critical in any way it’s just a question; why one day C tiers for the Super Six Series? There seems to be more one day C tiers out there now than anything else?

Not taking it as criticism, but here are some of MY reasons:

1) Not living near any of the courses except Central means Hotel costs, and late night returns with work and school early Monday if 2 days.
2) Most players seem to PREFER 1 day events so they can do other things.
3) The Series Finale is a 2 day Event at Lake Russell which is like a family mini-vacation, where there are things to do for Dawn and Lorelei (and others spouses and children) while the Event is going on - where at the other parks there isn't much else to do unless you are playing golf.
4) Having 1 day to spend with the family doing non-disc things allows me to still have a family.

Keith

Fair enough. That all makes sense. Thanks for all you do for the game Keith. I believe next year I may partake in this series.
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments